Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 06:25 PM   #31  
ugggg.....

Vann--I have never been to a cheesecake factory, though I really like cheese cake.

Cristina--Happy Bday to V!! Are you doing anything special?? Thank for your new address and the card!! PM me with the address--I keep everyone's in my JL folder.

4amy--I love the elliptical!! I have been good with going to the gym. It's easier now that it isn't pitch black when we get home from work.

Tammy--it sounds like you and your hubby have a great relationship--mine is jealous of guys that I was just friends with!! Now that DH is in a little better mood he said sorry he must be going through manopause!!

Jodi--sending good thoughts your way on the job!!

Tina--I voted for you daughter too--she's beautiful!!

Mindee--I am so excited--all these babies!! Trisha (my niece) has been having braxton hicks contractions! Becky (my friend who wants me to be there with her since her family is 4 hours away) and Penny (my coworker) are both due the beginning of May. All of them are having boys--I thought about you today while I was shopping for shower gifts--they have the cutest little girl outfits!!

Pink Jane--I am definitely ready for the cold to go away and spring to come again after teasing us!!

Sue-I am trying to take the dogs with me and walk up and down our steep 600 ft driveway. They do it alot faster than me and the cold air gets the old dogs frisky and jumping around like they think they are pups!!

Jane--hugs to you and your family and your church family!! you will be in my thoughts!! Thanks for the card!!

Sassy--kisses to you!!

Well my WW weigh in says that I am down another pound--going to the gym must be helping!! now that DH has gotten out of his mood I wil have to find something else to keep me motivated!! I bet I get the "did you lose weight" thing at work Monday--I bought a new bra and the girls are back up where they are suppossed to be and you can actually see my waist again!!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #32  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Its beginning to a lot like...........

Christmas more than Easter! lol. Snow here, blowing, looks and FEELs like Christmas instead of Easter!

I hope you all have a Wonderful Easter!

Old 04-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #33  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Only got in .5 miles today. It is so bloomin' cold here. I did walk around the yard with Baby in addition to our long walk. She seems to get frisky for the first 5 minutes out there, then looks at me with pleading eyes to come inside. haha... She is still confused about Mom being gone, poor thing. Here she moved twice in 2 months, then took a trip to Vegas and now feels abandoned. She is 10 years old, so basically doesn't do much except watch out the window. She loves when the kids across the street are playing outdoors and she can watch them. Such a cutie. (picture below)
Other than cleaning all my countertops and cabinets, bathrooms, sweeping floors and helping DH hang a new coat rack by the back door I haven't done much today. Food was okay until I HAD to have popcorn earlier....ugh!
Love to hear what you are all doing and hope the week-end is fun for you chickies. I am off to try to find a nursery catalog online.

Last edited by suetalks; 10-02-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:34 AM   #34  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....still pregnant here.

we did however buy some more things to go into my hospital bag. just some small things like travel size shampoo, tooth paste, tooth brush, lotion, some pink pluggies, some breast pads, and I think that is it for the bag. we did buy some 4oz. bottles size the only one bottle that I have I got in a sample pack from my first visit at my doctor's office. we also bought a three drawer ruber maid container to put her clothes in.

it was snowing here off and on all day Friday. we figured we would see how the roads and things are when we get up on Saturday morning before making the final decision about driving up north. It is suppose to be snowy again, so instead of driving up there and possibly hitting black ice again, we just might stay home and get some of my "nesting" list done. I am also kind of leary driving the two hours up there being this close to my due date and not knowing exactly when she is going to want to show up. On the one hand I want to go up there to get the things from my mom that she bought for Marissa and so that she can see the boys, but on the other hand I don't want to chance it.

As for when I have her, I could leave instructions for Tommy to come on here and let you all know that Marissa has arrived. He might be busy though with chasing the monsters around....although when they go down for their naps he should have a second to get on here. I might just tell Tommy that we should stay home and get things done around here.....and then just have my sister either stop by the house with the stuff from my mom or plan a time when he can swing by and pick the stuff up or she can bring it to the hospital. One way or another we will work something out in order to get it.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Sassy I said that exact thing to my hubby yesterday- that it seemed more like Christmas than Christmas did! I thought we were going to have a blizzard- lol, it was snowing and blowing so hard you could barely see up the road. We had snow on the nice green grass too.

Jules- thanks for the thoughts on the job. I am hoping that the guy doesn't take forever in deciding. Of course I doubt if he would call to tell me I wasn't getting it. I have a lot of work in my job to get done this week. I am going to kick butt to get it all done on Monday and Tues and that way if he should call and want me to start right away, I can already have most if not all of my work done and tell them I quit.

It's still cold here- 23* at noon! brrr.... My parents have been gone for the past several days and I have been taking care of the dogs. My hubby and I went this morning and my parents should be back this afternoon. Couldn't be fast enough for me! I am going to tell them that they can't get another dog if they want me to continue being thier dog sitter- especially one of the dogs is a holy terror! They are both pit bull mixes, the one I really like has no idea she is such a big dog, she likes to sit on your lap, in my case though when she got up on me all you could see was my head and feet! I started calling her a poodle, cause I think that is the size she thinks she is. lol

In a little bit we are going to the in-laws for "Easter" dinner- she is making lasagna- which she can't cook very well and the thought of her lasagna makes me want to hurl- lol. My sister in law kept saying she was bringing ham when mil said she was making lasagna (which she thinks is delicious and noone agrees- lol) so I am holding out hope that sil does bring the ham. haha

Well I have to get going. Hi to everyone!!!!
Old 04-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #36  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUE...Baby is so cute! It is cold here too! Ernie is the same way in the cold...2 minutes in or should I say out, lol, he is ready to come back in. At least you got a walk in...I can't take this cold. It probably wouldn't be so bad if the wind wasn't blowing.

JULES...WTG on the pound! Thank you fo rthe BD wishes...his BD is actually next Wednesday and we have no clue what we are doing yet. We will go out to lunch and probably go to the show. He's been wanting to go for a while. May go to a musuem...who knows. If it wasn't so cold we would do something outdoors so we will see. Bet you had fun shopping for the babies! I love looking at all the baby stuff. Maybe one day I will get grandkids.

SASSY...same here...the snow is gone, most of it. There is still a little left up against the neighbors fence. But it is cold! Was supposed to get down to 17 last night and I think it did! Hope all is well with you and your FIL?

JODI...keeping my fingers crossed that you get ham today, lol! You are doing great with your exercising!

MINDEE...does the hospital not provide that stuff anymore? How long will you be ther anyway? Cracked me up when my friend had her little girl they were trying to kick her out the next day, lol! She didn't feel up to going home so they let her stay another day. We showed up for her baby shower and was told she was at the hospital and had the baby, lol.

Not much going on here today. No special plans for tomorrow either. Just hangin' around the house and taking it easy.

I am getting back on track with my program...eating right, exercising, drinking my water and taking my vitamins. Today is day one and so far so good.

HAPPY EASTER, LADIES!

Old 04-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Tammy - I too have an ex bf who still contacts me. We were together for 8 years, off and on, and I broke up with him to save myself. Anyway, he gets on a toot then calls here every once in awhile and professes his love for me, lol. Neal knows he doesn't have to worry. Why would I go out for hamburger when I have steak at home, lol. But, yes, it's flattering. The ex likes to talk about all the good times we had, but I remember too many hurtful times. I just feel sorry for him at this point. You mentioned the soap you watch - mine is The Young and the Restless. Can't help myself.

Jodi - I'm ready for warm weather again, too. Good luck with getting the job you want. Lasagna for Easter dinner? That seems odd to me, and I hope your SIL brings a ham.

Sassy - it's more like Christmas here, too, with snow and the cold temps.

Tina - have fun!

Amy - hello to you.

Mindee - isn't Marissa due on the 30th? If so, here's hoping she waits til closer to then. I know you're getting miserable, though, like Gina.

Pink Jane - isn't this weather just crazy? I can count on 1 hand how many times we've had snow in April in my lifetime. I have to say it was very pretty, though.

Sue - have you thought about getting a treadmill? There are so many days that Indiana isn't fit to walk outdoors with the heat, cold, or rain, Just a thought.

Cristina - yes, my addy has been 7779 since we moved into Fern's old place. Then our new house was built so close to the old one, we were allowed to keep the 7779. The 7721 is Mary's, which was my other house. Confusing, I know. The postmaster here got all huffy when we changed back and forth there when Fern was still alive, lol. OIC about you addy, too. I'll take care of that right away. And you're so welcome for the card! I hope you have a blessed Easter.

Vann - thank you for the sweet PM.

Jules - yay for new bras! I have to wear underwires to hoist my girls up. The older I get, the more of a challenge it is!

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Thank you all so much for the well-wishes for my family and me. Gina had to go back to the hospital yesterday with actual contractions, and they gave her something to stop them. The longer little Jackson can stay in there, the better, since his c-section date isn't until May 2nd.

I made it through both funeral home vistitations, and have to say I'm glad that's over.

Best of all - I STAYED 100% OP!!!!!!! Now my next challenge is to not over-indulge at our family Easter dinner tomorrow. But there will be lots of healthy choices to go along with the baked ham, so I'm thinking it will be alright. There will be angel food cake for dessert, so that's not too bad. As I said before, I have a small chocolate treat or Neal and me, but didn't make baskets up, or anything.

Have a Blessed, Happy Easter!
Old 04-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Afternoon Ladies

OMG I am sick of cold and wind...BLAH!!!...the boy had earlier then normal hours yesterday so I had to get all my runnin around town done early so I could get my walking done before I had to pick him up, it was so much fun (NOT) standing out in 40 mph wind puttin gas in the car, the wind chill was 9 degrees, bbbrrrr, we did have some flurries early in the am but the wind was blowing so hard they might have been coming in from Nebraska LOL...the sun is shining today but that darn wind is still howling, so it's still colder then a well digger's , Hubby called from Wisconsin said he's still running in snow and that the little to no accumulation is piling up nicely LOL...the 7 day forecast is calling for snow here on Tues and Wed, isn't that special BLAH!!! oh well this too shall pass, at least it better LOL...nothing special going on here for Easter, my daughter went to her inlaws (eewww insert full body shudder here) so it's just me and the boy, I'm gonna make turkey taco salads for our dinner tomorrow YUM YUM YUM...Well just wanted to check in and wish everyone a Happy Easter, be safe if your traveling and everyone STEP AWAY from the chocolate!!!(1 good thing about being diabetic it's not allowed in the door)LOL

Have a Great Day All and Happy Easter

Pink Jane
Old 04-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #39  
ugggg.....

PinkJane, Sue and Sassy--getting the cold winds and snow flurries here too--I want spring back!!!

Jane--I wear out my bras faster as I get older trying to stay in place--dh's Aunt Nancy sent me a cute email--you remember how you marked a wall as your kids grew?? well the email is a pic of a husband marking his wife's "girls" as the get closer to the floor!!

Cristina--it has been fun visiting the baby sections and stores--I didn't realize but the local outlet mall has a Carters, Oshkosh, Childrens Place and another that I can't think of for baby and toddler clothes--I had seen the Baby Gap part of the Gap outlet--my dh and ds like Gap cargo pants. Hope you have fun with V no matter what you pick to do!

Jodi--I wouldn't hurt to give a call and let them know you are defintely interested and wondering if a decision has been made.

Mindee--my niece has started nesting...she has everything set up and her bag packed!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Old 04-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 168/165/135

Height: 5'7"

Hello hello, (static, crackle) come in Jaded ladies, come in. This here is me, Celeste, posting for the first time here. I wanted to just swing by and say that I hope you all have a wonderful Easter. I have been writing about myself in both the blog section and in your nice bio sticky, so I won't write all that all over again. I feel like I have written that I want to lose 35 pounds like in about 20 places. Welp, yeah, that is what leads me here.

I haven't been on a ga-jillion different diets, but I still qualify as jaded, I think. Jaded in the best of possible ways. Talk to you all later!

Celeste
Old 04-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #41  
ugggg.....

Welcome Celeste!!

Old 04-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Hey Everybody

I just got a call from Hubby, he is 30 mins from home, he got a run from Wisconsin to Des Moines for Monday so he gets to come home for Easter...Surprise Surprise for me LOL I was just excited and needed to share LOL Have a Good One All

Welcome Celeste
Old 04-07-2007, 10:33 PM   #43  
I work with germs!!

Evening Ladies!!

Jane-Love the hamburger/steak reference. I told dh about it and he laughed and of course agreed. Happy to see that you got through the past few rough days. Enjoy your angel food cake tomorrow!

Jules--I bought 2 new bras yesterday at Kohls. Must be the week of taking care of "the girls"!

Sassy--I'll second on the Christmas weather for Easter! We got a little dusting of snow and the temps didn't get about 40. Might be too cold for the Easter Bunny tomorrow!

Sue--WTG on the walking. It's too freaking cold here. Baby is adorable!

Mindee--We give out all the personal goodies at the hospital that I work. Must be why my raises are so small, lol!

Jodi--Lasagna I rather gain water weight on ham myself. Good luck on getting the job.

Cristina--Wish I was just relaxing tomorrow. Having 8 people over for dinner and have made too many desserts. But I've saved a bunch of cool whip containers and all the leftovers are going home with them!

Pink Jane--Glad to hear that dh will be home for Easter. Enjoy

Celeste--

Hugs to Tina, Vann, Marti, Amy, Jen, Karin and anyone else I may have missed. Wishing you all a wonderful Easter tomorrow!!

Old 04-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #44  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Happy Easter to all Jaded Ladies.

Yes, talk about cold! It was worse here today than yesterday. Therefore I still didn't get a 2 mile walk. I did however do .6 miles. How pitiful is that? Never got over 30 degrees and was 17 early today. Brrrr.

Pink Jane- Glad to hear your DH is coming home for Easter. Nice surprise.

Hello Celeste and welcome to JL's. We all feel your pain...about losing 35 pounds. I have lost and gained the same 5 pounds for over two years....so I am again trying to turn the tide. I can also relate to the Menopot. (read your blog) I am 58 yrs. young.

Jules- Had to laugh about the girls getting closer to the floor. I can relate to that too. Gravity is gone..... (or is it muscle tone that is gone?)

Jane- Yes. I have had a treadmill and gave it to my SIL. I didn't like it taking up room and at the other house I walked alot...and was gone when the weather was cold. It just SAT there...lol. I truly wish I had it back, but don't know where I would put it. I prefer walking outside and NOT on the incline of the treadmill. DH is talking of a stationary bike in the shop...that would be great.

Cristina- I haven't met my walking goal and doubt I will get out there tomorrow either. Unless I go to the Mall for a walk I won't make it. I can take the cold if the wind just would STOP. Baby didn't even want to go out today.

Jodi- I hope you had ham...lol. I love a GOOD lasagna. Emphasis on GOOD. WOuld you believe we are having beans and cornbread for dinner tomorrow. Just the two of us here...and that sounded good. I bought a huge ham last week and will use some for seasoning.

Mindee- Hang in there. Hope you had a nice week-end and didn't over-do it.

Probably will have a lazy day tomorrow. I need to get back into going to church...but haven't since coming home.
DH and I went to Sear's today so he could buy a tool of some sort. I bought 2 shirts...for warm weather if it ever comes. Looked 3 places at bar stools and thought we found the one we wanted, but the bar for your feet was too low for me....and these are the high stools, so I need a foot rest. (For Tammy...we did see one Canadel, but it was one that is way too ornate for our taste. That store is going to send us info on others however.)
Went to Hobby Lobby where I saw so many things for the house....I could spend days in that store. I got a picture for a frame DH made...it hangs over the sofa..looks lovely.
Okay...I need to get to bed. Baby gets me up early to go out...lol.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:34 AM   #45  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello everyone!

hello ladies....still pregnant here.

we did end up going up north to see my parents for the day. it turned out to be a fun day....until I got stuck on the water bed because I laid down on it. I had to get helped up by my mom and one of my sisters in order to go eat dinner! LOL Like usual, we came home with more in the van then when we got up there, but it was all in good fun.

Jodi~ So which did you end up eating, ham or lasagna?

Cristina~ We received your “we’ve moved” letter today. I am sure that the hospital does provide all that, and knowing me I will probably end up using the hospital stuff because I forgot to grab the stuff out of my bag. As far as I know, I will only be in there a day or two at the most. Unless of course I need a c-section, then it will be longer. But I am hoping to not have to need a c-section. When I had Logan they were trying to get me to stay another stay, as oppose to trying to get rid of me. (It didn’t help any that there were only one or two other women on the floor at the time.)

Jane~ Yup, she is due on the 30th. But from what they figure, she is ready to join the world as early as two weeks before my due date or as late as two weeks after my due date. So, whenever she wants to come is fine with me!

Pink Jane~ It has been really cold and snowy here as well. It snowed off and on while we were up north, and then when we were getting off the freeway to come home, we hit yet another snow squall. It was just craziness!

Celeste~ Welcome to the group! I hope to get to know you better.

Happy Easter Ladies!!!!

Jules~ We didn’t get to any of the things on the list, except for me packing some of my bag. But here’s to hoping that Marissa decides to give us some more time so we can get some of the things done.

Tammy~ You crack me up! I am sure that I remember seeing the personal goodies in the bathroom when I was in the hospital for monitoring in the middle of January. So, I am sure that they will have the stuff, I just don’t want to have to worry about forgetting something and them not having it.

Sue~ I have had a great weekend so far! I am not allowed to over do anything. If there is something big that needs to be done, Tommy will tell me to go sit down and he will do it. Or I will tell him when he gets home that I was going to do such and such, but I didn’t want to get a lecture from him so I didn’t do it. To which he normally says “good thinking….I will do it when I get a chance.”
Closed Thread