Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:31 AM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Lots of posts since I've been gone. Will try to do a little bit of catchup tomorrow sometime...can't promise you anything. Just too darn busy. But soooo very glad the move part is over! I have never been so exhausted in my life. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it thru the first day, ugh! I was more motivated the second day because I knew it was almost over, lol. Now to just get things in order. Anywho...it's late and I am pooped. Will caht with you tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Almost forgot, MINDEE...I voted on your poll and went with Marissa Lynne. I love the name Marissa and had it on my long list for a girl the fourth time. Can't wait to see tomorrow what you guys are goin gwith...bet it is Harley.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:40 AM   #17  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! How are you all doing?

Well, it is Sunday……and we will be revealing the name today! Do you really want to know???? Huh, huh??? Are you just dieing to find out??? Well, I guess we can safely tell you all the name now……and the winner is…….(insert corny drum roll here)………………………Marissa Lynne.

Frances~ Welcome to the group! I hope to get to know you better!

Marti~ After doing the poll for her name, we still got flack on some of the names. Mainly from my mom, because she has something against the name Harley. But that is tough….like Tommy mentioned on Saturday, “it doesn’t matter what she thinks, we have the final say as to what her name is going to be.” My mom made the comment on the phone to me the other day that since she voiced her opinion on which name she liked that we would probably go for a different name because of that reason. Trust me……we thought about it as well, but since we have had the name picked out for some time now, even before doing the name poll, the name is sticking.

As for the name Morgan Alexis, that has been the top name option since we were pregnant with Brandon. And for some reason, the name didn’t seem to fit her. Now, the name Marissa Lynne seems to fit her, and when Tommy first mentioned it to me she started going nuts.

Pink Jane~ It is good to see you found your way out of the rabbit hole and back to the craziness. LOL I see that you have lost 42 pounds, that is great!!!

Karin~ that is great news about your weight loss! Keep up the great work!

Tina & Sue~ How are you ladies doing?

Cristina~ Every one seems to think we would go with Harley……but alas, we went with something different. We figured we couldn’t make her initials H.D. (first name and last name initials together) BUT….she will more then likely be going home in a Harley outfit….maybe. Since both boys went home in the same outfit, Tommy wants her to go home in one as well, but in pink. We bought a back up outfit just in case.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:01 PM   #18  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday Ladies!!

Jane--Hope you've had a wonderful time in Chicago and have a safe return home!

Tina--We all need to pamper ourselves. If you ask my DH, we will say that I get pampered and spoiled a little too often! As for your DH's attitude, just tell him that you need to go shopping for yourself to make up for his bad mood.

Jodi--I'll second the BB piercing!! I thought I'd do it after I got my tummy tuck 18 months ago but the plastic surgeon says that it will mess up my new BB. Sorry that you have to deal with you MIL. Mine lives 500 miles away!!

Mindee--Marissa Lynne is a beautiful name!!

Welcome Frances--My goal is to have my weight stabilize and get my baggy eyes taken care of by my 50th b-day.

Cristina--I've been thinking about you with the move. Here I was grumping to myself with having to move a few things in my kitchen when the countertops were replaced and then I thought of you and did a little reality check. Do take a break and take care of yourself now that everything is finally moved in. You will be amazed at how quickly things fall into place.

Jenn--Congrats on quitting smoking!! I would give anything for my sisters to quit.

Marti--Did you get the house?? I'm anxious to hear all about it.

Welcome Pink Jane--Love the name!!

Karin--Congrats on the 6lb weight loss!!

Sue--It must be difficult getting used to differrent climates. Hope you are not getting sick.

Big hugs to Jules, Amy, Moi-Moi, Sassy, Vann and anyone else I may have missed.

I finally lost 2 more lbs!! But more importantly, I got a ton of blood work done because I have been so tired. My TOM has gotten heavier as I have gotten older and I suspected that that was the culprit. Except for being anemic my cholesterol and triglycerides are the lowest in years. I not only got below 200 (cholesterol) but went from 231 to 187!!! We have really tried our best to eat "heart smart" and I can see that it has paid off. My dh levels went from 220 to 199. Of course eating out for 3 nights this week may have not been good!!

I finally got my kitchen done and the countertops look beautiful. Everything went off without a hitch. Just changing the counters, sink, faucet and the cabinet hardware makes it look like I have an entirely new kitchen. I'll have to get my daughter to help me post before and after pics.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!! Take care!
Old 03-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

If you notice my ticker,i'm not cheating on my weightloss,i just changed my starting weight back to what i was at my heaviest.i was at 245 when i started here and that was what i set my starting weight at ,but my heaviest weight 2 years ago was 248,anyway i wanted to change it so i would have a better picture of my success. T.o.m is visiting this week so i don't know if i'll be down on monday.my cravings was pretty bad yesterday and i gave in to them just alittle.Anyway i got back on track pretty quickly today when i pulled out a pic of me at 248.whooaa, don't want to go back there.i 'm back on track today and being good.'m going to keep that pic really close to fight off those bad cravings. hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #20  
ugggg.....

4amy--I did the same thing with my ticker since when I first started.

Tammy--can't wait for the pics!!

Mindee--me & hubby could not agree on a girl name--what I liked he didn't and what he liked I didn't--the day I had dd my mom left the hospital with us having picked Jennifer as the first name but deciding between Rose & Leigh for the middle name and my mom joking to just make it Jennifer Rose Leigh--when she came back after lunch we had picked Teri Lynne which is DD's name.

Cristina--hope the move is going well!!

Sue--thanks for sending the sunshine my way!!

Tina--my hubby gets like that sometimes--I really though that I would leave him when DD moved out, but he realized that he would have to be a little nicer if he wanted me to stay--he still has his days though.....

Karin--woohoo on the 6 pounds--I was a big fat zero at WW weigh in again!!

PinkJane--I can't wait to join all of you that have made it to oneunderland!!

Marti--DD is doing better--still tired but this is her last day of antibiotics!! I had a kidney stone a few years ago probably from drinking all the Coke I did. My hubby step father used to get them and he drank water & lots of milk and never drank soda, dd drinks water and a little soda but like Elvan eats a lit of dairy since she doesn't eat much meat and drinks alot of milk too. wonder if is calcium build up????

Francis--welcome!!

Jodi--I have mil issues too!! especially the way she gives my niece preferential treatment!!

Hi to everyone else!!

Well gotta get my laundry done!!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #21  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Julie - thank you for the card! It made my day.

Marti - did you celebrate your anniversary this weekend? I can't remember if James was home for that or not?

Jodi - aww, I'm sorry you're unhappy with your job. As you said, a good schedule is worth at lot, though.

Sue - you've been a busy lady! Is the hairstyle a new one?

Mindee - I just love the name you picked for your new little girl. Won't be long now.

Frances - a big to you! I think you'll like it here.

Sassy - how was your weekend?

Tammy - a big woohoo for lowering your cholesterol so many points. Was that w/o meds? Either way, good job!

Pinky - how about we just call you Pinky? I'm glad you joined us. Welcome to the family.

Karin - wow, you're doing great!

Cristina - I've been thinking of you, sweetie, and imagine you're just about exhaused by now. Bet you're sleeping well, though.

Amy - yay for you getting back on track.

Mary Kate - how the arm?

A big hello to anyone I may have missed.

Oh my gosh, we had so much fun in Chicago! It was a hurried trip, though, and we were so worn out by the time we got on the train to come home, lol. Then it ran an hour late getting in, from having to stop for freight trains! Caylin was so well behaved (almost) the entire trip, and the most fun she had was on the horse and carriage ride. She said it was Cindrerella's coach, lol.

Take care!

Last edited by Jane; 03-25-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 166

Hello Ladies--

I know..I have been MIA again..it is hard juggling everything, but I can honestly say I loose more weight and stay on plan much better when I am connecting with you guys daily ...I have been reading, but too lazy to post. I was in Georgia for 2 days and then stressed about Sunny--my older cat..he ate some of the food and has been sick. I took him to the vet on Friday and will have results tomorrow...I hope I have a picture of the new kittie in my signature..not sure I did it right

Onmyown--Congratulations of the weight loss!! I think we should celebrate ANY Loss because it is HUGE!!

Jodie, --I have been seeing the weather in your area and send many prayers your way!! Floods are so dangerous and unpredictable!! Take Care

Sue--We have had 80 degree weather for the last 2 days..it has been so nice getting outside...I feel like I might be able to loose an extra pound or two doing yard work

Mindee--I love the name Marissa Lynne--Beautiful!!!

Frances- A great big welcome..I think this is the greatest site on the web...My motto is slow and steady like a turtle...For me this has to be a lifestyle change..not a quick fix..so the slower the better for me. I love Jodi's suggestion of a food journal..I do much better if I am recording everyday what I eat. I got the site Fitday.com ...it is free and pretty simple to use.

Marti--So you put an offer on a house..can't wait to hear the details...

Hi Pink Jane--gotta love the name:-) Welcome.

Karin--Congratulations...I have never lost 6lbs at once..your determination and dedication is paying off in a big way!!

Christina-Hope you are getting settled..It is so hard to move...I am sure you are glad it is over and I hope you are happy in your new space...

Jane--Chicago?? Obviously I have been gone to long I love Chicago..can't wait to hear how you spent your time.

Hi Amy, Sassy, Jules and everyone else...Sure have missed you guys!!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 166

Ok..the picture didn't make it in...I will try again..

AND..I would love name preferences.. I am down to 3

Niko
Zeke
Ringo

He will be coming home on Wednesday and I am taking the rest of the week for Vacation YEAH!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:18 PM   #24  
GmaTo8

Vann - good to see you! Gee, I like all 3 names for your kitty. He's a cutie - that's for sure. Chicago was fun! We mostly shopped until we dropped. Mary fell in love with all the choices, but the ones that fit her budget best were the 3-story Old Navy in the Loop, and the H&M on the Mile. H&M was just bringing out the new Madonna line (which Mary didn't care about) and the place was full of frantic shoppers trying to get the new merchendise. Too funny to watch, lol.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:29 PM   #25  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Happy Sunny Sunday!

Hullo all.

It is or was a very Sunny Sunday here! It was 80 / 26.6 Degrees! Beautiful! We got up a bit early and stopped at Panera Bread and ate, it was very good! Something different. I had the Chicken, Bacon and Swiss Panni Sandwich (I know the bacon and swiss probably not great, but better than some things) and it came with chips, didn't eat those, only ate 1/2 the sandwich, DH ate the other half. He had a bread bowl of the french onion soup, which I tasted, was very good!

After that, we had some time to kill before heading into work, so we went by Nissan and looked at a 2nd car, for me. Its the Nissan Versa and its so cute! Its perfect for me, DH can fit into it (he's 6'8) but definately couldn't drive it everyday, so it most definately will be MY car! It has plenty of room for SHOPPING too! The back seats fold down as well.

Here is a pick:

My New Ride

Its not set in stone yet, but I did love it and we love our other Nissan we bought from them, so if we can figure it into our budget, we'll probably get it.

Not sure if I mentioned this here or not, but my kitty is not doing well. He is 10 yrs old, but has only been ill once in his life, he's always been a very healthy and "beefy" cat, if you know what I mean, here lately he has been losing weight, lethargic, and now won't eat or even drink milk. I even bought him some baby food and he wouldn't even touch it. We have an appt for him to see the vet on Tuesday at 3:30 PM, but when we got up today, he seemed worse, I petted him and he didn't even respond, he was breathing and all, just looks like he definately feels worse. So I told DH in the morning, when the vet opens 1st thing we are going to bring him in so they can observe him and check him out, give him meds, do tests, etc while we sleep. I don't want to wait, we would have taken him today but they are not open today. I just hope he's not suffering and I hate seeing him like that because its totally not like him at all.

Well that is about all for me.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #26  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Jane--lowered the cholesteral without meds. Just good ol' healthy eating. Cut out white bread, switched to more whole grains, more veggies, fruits and switched to healthier oils, fats. Cut out fried foods, at least cut down on them. It worked!! Sounds like you had a great time this weekend.

Sassy--Love the car!! Is that the color you are going to get. I have a Toyota 4-Runner in that same color!! Hope your kitty feels better and that the vet takes him in tomorrow morning.

Vann--love the name Zeke! I love cats but am so allergic to them
Old 03-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

We have had some issues with our daughter (she'll be 14 in May) being unhappy. She thinks everyone is against her and she can't do anything right. I talked to her last night and I told dh that we needed to sit down with her again today. So we did and it really seemed to help. So we planned a girls day and we went shopping. I had been hording some money that was given to me to buy me only stuff. So I decided after our discussion the other day about putting things off until we lose weight, that I was going to go and buy some stylish clothes, fat or not! I haven't bought much brand new for a long time. I bought a pr of jeans over a yr ago, other than that my clothes come from the thrift store that is open from April to Oct nearby and pay 50 cents for shirts.
Anyhow, I ended up getting a new pair of capri's. Do you know you can't walk into Walmart and buy shorts? They had 1 style of elastic waisted kind (which I wanted zipper to hold in my gut). They only thing with a zipper was a skort. I was so mad. I ended up getting 3 shirts for myself and I did buy my daughter a shirt because we were at Fashion Bug and they had a special 40% off everything and we got a $10 shirt for $1.79- I mean who could leave it there for that????

So anyhow, I have one shirt that I don't know if I have guts enough to wear in public. I mean I like it and want to... we will see. My 15 1/2 yr old son just looked at me when I was modeling my clothes and said he wasn't even going make a comment. I think he didn't like it cause they all accentuate my chest- but it is no different than what I see everyone else wearing. But then again, that's not your mom! lol
I even broke down and bought a new bra. Anyhow, we had a really good day and my daughter's spirits seem to have really lifted.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:19 PM   #28  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Wow..this place has been hopping! Hi everyone. I felt so much better today and couldn't sit still long enough to read my papers. Every time I would sit down to read I would pop up to do something. Mom said I was acting just like I had as a kid. (she called it "ants in my pants" how un-flattering is that?) LOL. Anyway, I got alot of housework done and fixed a big Sunday dinner, which DH loves. I also got in a nice walk. SO, I am feeling good tonight. I forgot to mention that it was warm and sunny...77 degrees.

Sassy-
Love the car...hope you get it. I also hope the cat gets treatment and gets better. Pets are like our children for sure. Glad you are also having the sunshine like we are.

Jane- I am glad you had a good trip. Sounds like so much fun. No, not a new hair-do, I had just let it grow out while we were in Vegas and decided I couldn't stand it any longer. So, it is short once again...and I mean short. How are the plans for your garden?

Vann- Glad you are back. Hey, I am counting on yardwork to help me lose weight. And we have lots of landscaping to do here. The walking doesn't seem to be doing the job for me...gotta step it up!

Jules- Always glad to share the sunshine. We are supposed to get some rain tonight, but 74 by noon tomorrow. There is still flooding in the area however. Not affecting us.

Tammy- Yay! for the loss. I hope to see my scale go down tomorrow. I swear I have to lose what I gained in Vegas then try to keep on going. Every winter I gain and lose 7 pounds...I should know better by now. I am feeling better, so ready to get working! AGAIN.

Amy- That is a good idea for getting back on track....I am going to find a picture of my heaviest and also a thin one...see if that helps. I have to find an incentive!!

Cristina- I hope you get some rest and then come yak with us. I know you are going to be so excited about the house. (when you can take a breath) I am still so in love with mine. I just can't believe my kitchen!

Mindee- I LOVE the name and really liked all of the ones on your poll. You couldn't lose with any of them. Lynn is a family name for us...so have several middle names..without the E. But I prefer your spelling. Won't be long now!!

Hello to all the other gals out there....Hope you had a sunny, lovely week-end.
Tomorrow is weigh in for me and I am curious.....I was almost at my all time high when we got home...so I have to shake up the scales!!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:23 PM   #29  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jodi- I was taking too long to post....didn't see you. I am glad you and DD had a nice day. I sometimes wish my girls were younger again. But then, maybe not....they are why I have grey hair. LOL Actually, they are good friends now as adults....but they make me realize I am OLD.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:38 AM   #30  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

hello everyone!

Tammy~ Thanks for the nice comment. Tommy first came up with Marissa Anne, but it didn’t sound right to me. It sounded like it was all one name since the same letter was used so close together. So, he then came up with Marissa Lynne and it stuck. Great news on the weight loss and getting your numbers down! Good job to you and your husband!

4amy~ That is no problem. In fact if you look under my name on here, the 266 is what I weighed after I had my son, and actually if I really wanted to, I could also change it to the highest I weighed. Which was right before I had my oldest son Brandon almost three years ago, when I tipped the scales at 285 pounds. Sometimes it takes seeing the high number on there so you know where you were, then the middle number of where you are now, and of course the last number of where you want to be! So, keep up the good work and we will all enjoy success!

Jules~ LOL…..surprisingly, there have only been a couple times where we didn’t agree on a name. Then we went to our respective “corners” (his being work, and mine being home) and usually came up with another name. In fact, he came up with Marissa’s name while he was at work. Of course, it started out as Marissa Anne. But it didn’t sound right with having the A in the end of the first name and the beginning of the middle name. It just sounded like we were naming her Marissanne.

Jane~ I agree with you on it not being much longer. I was sitting on the couch with Brandon early Sunday after noon and we were cuddling. I had two quick contractions and then they were gone. So, I am sure it won’t be much longer now. Tommy wants to go see some friends in Ohio for Easter, but I told him that we would have to see how my appointments go first. And that is even if my doctor will let me travel being this close. When I was pregnant with Logan, and we lived 2 hours away from every one we knew, I was basically told to stay home and not travel too far. I am not exactly how long the drive to see his buddy in Ohio would be, but we are not going to take any chances if I get put on state rest. (I like that…..state rest)

Vann~ I hope Sunny is okay. Thanks for the nice comments on her name.

Sassy~ Reading about your husband eating French onion soup reminds me of the story my mom told me about my dad. On their first date, they went to dinner and he ordered the French onion soup. When the waitress brought it out, he called her back and said “excuse miss, but there is a sponge in my soup.” My mom still cracks up about it and he still eats French onion soup to this day! That is a nice car! What color would you get it in? The gray that is shown or something else? I hope your kitty gets better!

Jodi~ Sounds like you and your daughter had a great day out together! Oh, thanks for reminding me, I need to buy some new nursing bras. I have been looking at wal-mart, where I bought the ones I have now, and they don’t have them any more! So, I am trying to figure out what else would work. I was looking at regular bras, but I am not sure if they would work well with nursing.

Sue~ BTW, that is my mom and my middle name. Lynne is my aunt’s (my mom’s sister), who is also my godmother, middle name. But hers is spelled Lyn, or maybe it has the double n, I am not sure. We didn’t have an issues with the names, we mainly got flack from my mom about the names. But Tommy said it all when he said “it isn’t her decision. We have the final say. She can let her opinion be known but we don’t have to make the choice around her opinion.”
Closed Thread