Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:59 AM   #31  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Sassy - the car looks very nice, and I hope you get it. About your kitty, has he got some of the recalled food? Cats have been getting kidney failure after eating it, so I'm sure glad you're going to the vet first thing today.

Tammy - that's how I lowered my cholesterol, too, and it made me feel good to do it w/o meds. (not that there's anything wrong with that) I know my numbers are probably not where they should be since I've put some weight back on in the past 2 years.

Jodi - aww, I'm glad you had fun with your DD, and also got some bargains, too. You're right that we sometimes wait until we're at a certain weight level to buy clothes or do things that we associate with thinness, and we really shouldn't do that. About your DD and you, here's an idea, too: a mother/daughter "spa" day at home. My girls and I used to give each other facial peels, do nails, etc. and have so much fun with that!

Sue - I sometimes ask my DGDs if they have ants in their pants, lol. Yesterday was borderline HOT with a high of 82. Neal has tilled the cut-flower garden area for me, and I'm waiting for our local nursery to open so I can see what's available. I know for sure I want daisies (my favorite) and zinnias. I was thinking carnations, too, and baby's breath. Not sure yet what else.

Mindee - Gina has been having contractions, too. Did I tell you she goes in May 2nd for the c-section?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I've been doing badly with food, water and my vitamin! So I promised myself that for today, I will do well. Just for today. I have my food plan in place and I'm good to go.

The kids all came over for an impromptu cookout yesterday and we had so much fun! Neal had just brought in a fresh load of sand for the sandbox, and all 5 DGDs were up to their elbows in sand, lol.

Gotta run. <---- that's for each of you sweet cyber-sisters.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Sue ~ you HAVE to go have a pedicure. I was so not thinking I wanted to but now I just loved it! And my toes look pretty too! haa

Ladies ~ I ended up going to the party and...having too many margaritas! haha! But I never do that so it was ok. We were there until quite late and moved it over to my girlfriends house where a bunch of us went in the spa. And then left like at 3am. Wow....I didn't feel so hot yesterday. But I downed the water and had sirloin burger. So this morning I was down another 1.75 from my lowest. I'm back on track since the party.

I'm going to go to the weigh in thread.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:15 PM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies--

Not a lot of time for individuals (even though I don't have work today!) just a lot of things to do.

WI today. Lost, but not a whole lot. Down to 148. So that's all good!

Just checking in on WI day.

Chat w/you later!!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Mindee- I saw nursing bras at my wal-mart yesterday. I just happened to see them, they were on an end and they didn't have a whole bunch, maybe you just didn't see them? Target seems to have a big maternity clothing line, maybe they have nursing bras?

Vann- I like the name Ringo

Sue- I can see how having a teen girl will make your hair go grey- lol

Jane- my daughter and I have done a "spa" type day when we were snowed in, but that was a couple yrs ago. She said something about doing it yesterday, but when I mentioned shopping she was all for that! lol I think we will have to do that for sure. We both now have hair long enough to style, that would be fun.

Tina- what do they do during a pedicure? My aunt has moved away and she will be visiting right before my daughters bday so she offered to take her for a pedicure. But my daughter won't say yes til she knows what it entails. I haven't been able to find out. Help

Marti- yeaaah a weight loss and a day off work- you go girl!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #35  

Jodie~ I loved it. First they put your feet in a whirlpool with jets. They file the bottoms. And they massage your feet and lower leg. And then they paint your nails however you like. I had a french manicure.

It's good!

Tina
Old 03-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #36  

My BMW! This is the exact same car....(I didn't take a picture of mine) So you can see what it looks like. Mine is black on black.... whoo whoo

Old 03-26-2007, 02:30 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Afternoon Ladies

I think I got the kinks knocked out of my comp finally, what a pain...anyway it's a Gorgeous day today, suppose to hit 80 and I am lovin that!!! Hubby called this morning, not sure if I mentioned he's an OTR driver or not, he's on his way to New Jersey, a state he hates with a passion LOL...he put in for home time this coming weekend so of course he is headed in the wrong direction...he's not a happy camper right now with the run he is on, but this too shall pass LOL...TOM for me this week also, I keep hoping menopause will hit me but no luck so far...40 yrs of this is ENOUGH!!! LOL...I hope everyone had a Good weekend and that you all have a Great Monday.

Karin - Thanks for the Welcome and Congrats on the 6 lbs

Tina - Glad you enjoyed your pedicure and that party

Sue -Good to hear your feeling better

Mindee - Thanks it's been slow but slow and steady wins the race LOL

Tammy - Thank You for the Welcome

Jules - We're keeping your seat warm in Onederland

Jane - Nice to meet another Jane that's a Disney freak too LOL sounds like you had fun in Chicago, I think Pink Jane is growing on me LOL

Vann - Thanks for the Welcome, Hope Sunny is feeling better soon, the new Kitty is Too Cute!! looks like a Zeke to me

Jodi - Glad to hear your daughter's spirits are lifting

Marti - down is always GOOD Enjoy your day off

Pink Jane
Old 03-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #38  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Unhappy My Kitty Died

Just wanted to let you girls know we had to have my kitty put to sleep this morning, he had kidney failure and no he didn't eat any of that food, we had already checked.

So anyways. Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

Will talk with you all later and please take no offense if I don't respond to your post individually, I'm not really in the mood right now.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 03-26-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:40 PM   #39  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Oh Sassy, I'm so sorry about your kitty. My heart goes out to you. Our pets are so special to us. I know it will take some time for you to get over you loss but remember we are all thinking about you. Take care.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Sassy- I am so sorry about your kitty. We recently had our kitty die unexpectantly, so I know how you feel. I am thinking of you.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #41  
GmaTo8

Aww, Sassy, I'm so sorry about your cat. We've lost 3 pets in 2 years, so I know how you feel.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:17 PM   #42  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Sassy- So sorry to hear about your kitty. We understand if you don't feel like posting. Thinking of you....
Old 03-26-2007, 10:36 PM   #43  
GmaTo8

Ok, now for the others, lol....

Tina - sweet ride!

Marti - so what have you been doing today? Hope it's been a good day off.

Pink Jane - I think we're all getting used to "Pink Jane" for your name. I just didn't want there to be another (just) "Jane". Once in awhile we get two members with the same name, and one will change her name a tad to differentiate. Another Disney lover! Woohoo! Did I tell you my DD worked at Disney last year? I just told somebody....lol. I can't seem to get enough of WDW, and the whole family is going back next year.

Everyone else - hello!

I haven't gone grocery shopping since before I left for Chicago, and must go tomorrow for sure. I'm running out of fruits and veggies. I had a good visit with Sarah today. We made plans for her family to come her on Memorial Day when Neal's brother Paul is here, too.

Gotta run... have a good one, ladies.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:44 PM   #44  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday-- It was a beautiful day in my neighborhood. I took my walk in the afternoon. This evening I thought I would go for a bike ride, so hopped on and got about 2 houses down when my chain broke. Yikes. Thank goodness I wasn't going fast since I had no brakes. It is an old..old..coaster brake bike that my oldest DD left here. Anyway, DH said he would fix it for me tomorrow. I was really wanting to ride.
Mom and I had gone shopping in the a.m. and I bought 4 summer shirts. Got home and the XL T shirts I usually get were kind of big. That's a good thing, huh?
Then there is the weigh in. Down 4 pounds since we got home...10 days. Now, if I can just do it again.

Jane- Great weather isn't it? I am so ready for yardwork. I just have to get to the nursery and figure out what all I want. Love all the flowers you picked out, especially baby's breath. LOL about the ants in pants. Here I am remembering when Mom called me that 50 years ago....am I OLD or what?

Tina- Tha party sounds fun, especially the margaritas, my favorite! Good loss for you. Congratulations. And hey, great car!!!!

Jodi- Actually teen girls were why I colored my hair for years. Never knew how grey I was until all the kids were gone and I let my hair grow out. Yikes! I am considering coloring it again.

Pink Jane- Sorry I called you that the first time...I think I inadvertantly caused your nickname. You can call yourself anything you would like and we will comply. Sorry your TOM is giving you fits. That is something I was soooo glad to give up surgically at 42 years old. Haven't missed it a bit.

Okay ladies...have a wonderful Tuesday!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:57 PM   #45  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Finally have some time to sit and type! And, I'm not pooped! A little sleepy though for some reason. Think it is the weather. It has been raining here for the last week. Had a break from it yesterday. So glad that when we moved it waited until we were totally moved in. Anyway...

JULES...hugs to your DD. Glad your brother is feeling better even if he is stir crazy. I love the name Jennifer! It was and still is a favorite of mine. DD might have been one but SIL beat us to it. Even though with pregnancy #1 we had decided if we had a girl she would be named Carrie after grandparents. We stuck with it. When I finally had a girl though I did change the mn.

SASSY...such a pretty car. Now I couldn't really tell from the angle of the picture but is it a midsize car, SUV, or a crossover? Whatever it is it sure is a cute one and looks like it would be fun to drive. So sorry to hear about your kitty. Lots of hugs to you

MINDEE...I love the name Marissa! Now, will you guys call her anything for a nn? Wow, can you believe that May is just a little over a month away? She will be here before you know it!

SUE...I'm sure once things are organized I will like the house more, lol. I do like it but I miss my other one, sort of, lol. Hey, I love your kitchen too! I love your whole house...the layout/plan and all. WTG on your walking...you're doing a great job!

JANE...glad you and Mary had a wonderful time in Chicago! I have been sleeping good, lol. Just miss my walking/exercise though. Bet Gina and Terry are getting excited about little Jackson.

TINA...all these cute little cars are making me want a new car, lol. Actually, I love my little Santa Fe but would like to get a 2007 since they changed the look. One day I will get a pedicure...keep saying I will reward myself with one but never do. Maybe when I make my first weight loss goal.

TAMMY...bet you're kitchen is pretty! WTG on your loss!

VANN...I too like all the kitty's names. Did you decide on one? It sure is a cutie! I always have the worst time deciding on a name for a pet.

4AMY...I did that with the weight in my profile. Wasn't going to because my highest weight was a few years back but it was my highest weight none the less.

MARTI...WTG on your loss as well! And...WTG on putting an offer on a home! Details...we must have details! Is it the house you went to see that needed some updating? I am excited for you and keeping my fingers crossed that you guys get it.

A big PINKJANE! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Hi to everyone else. Sorry if I missed you. It's overwhelming trying to play catchup.

Well...I will be glad when this move is completely done. Rather I should say, when the house is totally organized and everything is in its place. Got quit a bit done today. You couldn't tell by looking but my bedroom & bath are all put together, as well as the linen closet and the main bath. Working on the kitchen and living room tomorrow. Did some in the living room over the weekend but basically did other things, like taking it easy, lol. Wasn't going to put any things on the wall until we paint but then decided to go ahead and do it and then will just paint over the nails once we paint. Vince needs a break. Got some curtains and blinds ordered and waiting on those so...it will probably be a while before we are completely done.

With moving and being so tired I did not eat right at all. We ate out way too much last week. But...I am happy to say, somehow I lost a pound. Probably all the work/sweating from the move. I didn't think I was going to make it. Working on getting back on track this week and get serious about this weight.

Later, ladies!
Closed Thread