Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 10:46 AM   #76  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Saturday, Ladies!

I'm so happy! The sun is finally shining! Now maybe we will dry out. Too much rain and ugly days lately, blah.

SUSAN...we have had Ernie since 1995. We got him when he was 6 weeks old and he will be 12 in Sept. The longest I have ever had a dog. Speaking of Beck? How are the girls doing? What, are they 16 and 14 now? Can't keep their ages straight. And I bet they are both getting prettier every day. They grow so fast too. Seems like yesterday mine were babies and now they are in their 20's! Makes me feel old sometimes when I think of it, lol. Be careful going to see M, that is, if you go. And have a fun weekend with him too!

SASSY...glad to hear you are feeling better. Didn't know Subway has the double meat for 99 cents. Sometimes I get what DD gets, which is a Subway club...it's cheaper to get the 12 in for the both of us than to buy two sandwiches. But she eats it plain, just meat and cheese. Sometimes I need more than that...I actually love the veggies. But I give her my cheese not into it anymore and she likes extra. Even with them being plain and so flat I would never get double meat...that would be a lot for me. But I like their tuna too, sometimes. Really need to try something new.

Hi JULES, MICHELLE, KATY & SusanNYC!

JULES...tell Ryan HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you guys have a fun day tomorrow.

Nothing special going on with me this weekend. I think you guys know what I will be up to, lol. Still unpacking some stuff and putting away. Today going to finish the living room and hang some pictures and do a couple loads of laundry. Exciting isn't it, lol. I did get most of the living room done yesterday...just have a box of stuff that goes in the coffee table drawers. Then V's papers that go in the tv stand. Then I may do some on the basement...get some office boxes unpacked. Anywho...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a fun weekend!
Old 03-31-2007, 01:13 PM   #77  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Happy Saturday ladies- I think I lost my way to Kindergarten. My bookmark was gone...
Susan- So good to see you made it back from your vacation. Sounds like your girls are growing up and the BF is great! Good luck on getting moved out from your Mom's one of these days. It is hard to know where and when to move, isn't it?
Scuzin- Wow...you have done fantastic. Nice to hear that you are enjoying your jogs and have improved your time between stops. Like Cristina, I have a goal to be able to jog....but I am 58 years old, so probably won't EVER make that goal. (not to mention all this weight)
Sassy- Yum on the Subway. I am trying so hard not to do fast food...but Subway can be okay I think. Maybe will have to go there next week.
Jules- Hope you are having a ball in DC.
and Katy- ...Ditto about the beach....
Michelle- I sent good thoughts about your grandma...but sent them to the wrong person. Now, here they are for you. I will continue to pray for her. Hope you are doing OK.
Cristina- Hi again...Hope you have a nice day and don't work too hard!

Rainy here, and chilly. If it stops I hope to get outside for at least a walk. We came back from our winter in Vegas the 13th. I have been cleaning house and still trying to get closets in order. Now I have "ordered" DH to build me a shelf for over my desk so I can display some family photos. Ordered, ha...he is busy getting his work shop set up the way he wants it. Next...on to landscaping. (if it ever dries up out there)

Good to "see" you all.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:40 PM   #78  
kitty Momo

Good Morning.

awww, Sue Happy to see you , thank you so much for your email. Hawaii was nice. I noticed on my paystub that I already have another 40 hours built up! Might take some time in the summer. Hope you have a good weekend.

Cristina - hmmm, have you talked about Ernie before? Just escapes me. What kind of doggie is he? I love my mothers Momo, orange and white, male kitty. He is so sweet. Of course I have kitty Buck, but really haven't bonded with him. Beck is 14 (15 in Jan) and Rach is 16 in Aug. Can you believe that?? The babies growing up - Gaby is so grown up too. She wanted to go to the car wash so bad last night I finally said ok and she replies..." mom you're the best." Now if the older girls would be so easy to please. They always want $$$$$.

Sassy I am glad you are feeling better. Never heard of the mini subs.

I need to get to work. I have an hour or two here at the office. Gaby's father came and picked her up at 9:30. I gave him some $$ to take her to the circus because I wasn't going to get the chance. I miss her already. The older girls are going to an amusement park for the afternoon. I guess I will catch up with them tomorrow because M gets off work at 2pm and I plan on being down there when he does. Spend the afternoon together. He is very sweet Sue - very lucky lady to have found him and smart enough to know a good man when I see one!! lol Goodness knows I have had some odd balls.

anyway, did I say my mom gave me a vicodin for my back pain last night?? She did....I showed her where the pain has been since Monday and she thought it was my lungs. I did sleep good, it was wonderful

blah - blah....I better get!! Hi to everyone and have a super weekend!
Old 03-31-2007, 03:36 PM   #79  
kitty Momo

Michelle I meant to say that I was thinking of you this morning. I was driving to work and was thinking of my conversation with my mom on Easter and what to do as a family. Thought of my father because he always loved holidays and getting together with his children. Of course I got teary eyed and realized he will be gone a year next month. How did the time do so fast, and the ache is just as strong. I know you have had a difficult time with the loss of your mother. Just wanted to say HUGS to you!!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:36 PM   #80  
RosieKate

Hi All!
We are back from the beach - had a lovely time. The weather was a bit off and on, but we played on the beach when the sun was out and did other stuff when it rained. Did alot of shopping I managed to maintain during vacation - yay! I ate a lot of Subway clubs, btw. They only have 355 calories. I get them with all the veggies they have and just dijon mustard. It makes a big sandwich and the 6" size is just right. I am using a free trial of Calorie King on my Palm Zire and that was very helpful on the vacation. It is sobering to look up pizza and realize that 1 slice of pizza has about the same calories as that Subway Club

Susan - so good to see you back, and happy I'm glad life is going well for you - you deserve it. Thanks for checking out my blog - yes, I do write it all myself. I am enjoying it. I should be blogging about Spring Break in a few days, so check back. (And leave a comment if you feel like it - I LOVE comments!)

Sue - good to see you back, too - how was Vegas?

Cristina - so glad your move went well - too bad you have all that unpacking, but I guess that's just how it goes. We are very close to moving into our addition - and I will have a load of work to do when that happens. D thinks it will be sometime in May. We have one more inspection, then he needs to finish up the painting in his spare time.

Sassy - Glad you are feeling better - hope you have a nice Saturday!

Jules - half a pound is ok by me! I have had so many weeks lately of no losses or just .25 lb. or something really small. Grr. I was happy to make it through vacation without a gain. Congrats on the loss!

SusanNYC - I loved your pics - you are so cute and you can really tell you've lost alot of weight. All that running paid off!

Michelle - How are you doing? I hope you are well

Hi to anyone I may have missed or is reading this now. Hope you are all having a great weekend. We are watching alot of Battlestar Galactica - the old one with Dirk Benedict and that hottie Richard Hatch (not the Survivor dude) Any gal of a "certain age" know exactly who I'm talkin' about. I'm enjoying the trip down memory lane, that is, when I'm not feeling really old.

Cheers!

Old 04-01-2007, 01:09 AM   #81  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Arrow Check out my new signature:

Hi Chicks!

Just wanted to say Hi and show off my new signature, a co-worker made it for me in memory of my kitty. I had to get rid of my Glitter Signature though so it wouldn't go over the limit.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:28 AM   #82  
ugggg.....

Sassy---I am so sorry about the loss of your pet--they really are a big part of your life. The two we have now we have had for almost 7 years. The one we got from the rescue was estimated to be 1 we she came to us. She is starting to show her 8 years especially if she has been out running and playing all day when we are outside doing things. DD worked at Subway during her high school years and never got tired of it--she still stops to get subs at least once a week.

Katy--so glad you had a great time at the beach and yes I remember the hot Richard Hatch (NEVER to be confused with the naked Survivor one!!) all my friends like Dirk Benedict but me--I sighed for Richard Hatch. I watched Walking Tall with "The Rock" last night and DH said that he wished he had that body and I looked at him and smiled that I wish that he did too!! Luckily he was in a god mood and laughed about it.

SuzyQ--It's good that Gaby's Dad is trying to be a Dad again--the only scary part is if he just drops out of the picture again. At least you have M there showing her how a guy should treat a lady and giving that good stable male role model. A drive to the coast sounds good, I love the ocean. Hugs to you for missing your Dad. My Dad is calling again--he just made his 30 year sober. I can tell when he's going through his 12 step and gets to the one about making amends with those you have wronged--he will be caliing for awhile and then I won't hear from him. DD just moved into the same apartment complex as him so we will see--she doesn't really know him because he was never really in my life. We did help him move several years ago and DD who is very vocal got smart with him when he asked me if I was fatter and what did I weigh. She doesn't have a very high opinion of him since he does make me cry alot.

Sue--we did have a ball in DC--the Spy Museum was so awesome!!

Cristina--we had a really good time--we had to wait for about an hour to get into the next show since the one that was happenning right away had sold out right before we got there. There was a brew pub across the street so we went in and DS had a beer and took some pictures of the big holding tanks, the waitress was wonderful.

Susan--Your curls are beautiful. I wish NY was a daytrip awy--DS would love to go to NY and Boston to check out the museums, every now and then there are bus trips. We will have to watch for it.

Michelle--hugs to you and your worries for your grandmother. You have been through alot this last year.

Here is the crib the guys ended up putting together--it's the cherry one with the canopy:
http://www.cornercrib.com/shopping/index.html

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #83  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...I have talked about Ernie before, but not a lot I don't think. Ooops! I think I got the girls mixed up. Was thinking Rebecca was the oldest. And yes, they do grow fast. I am glad to hear that Gaby's dad is wanting to be a part of her life again. I know that will make her happy.

KATY...I knew I forgot to do something...check out your blog! I'll have to do that. Glad for that you guys had a fun time at the beach! I bet you will be glad with the addition is finished and you guys are moved in!

JULES...that is a cool little crib! I love that it fits in a corner. Wish they had them when the kids were babies. Glad you guys had fun today!

SUE...howdy You guys will have fun landscaping. I can't wait until we start but I think it will be a while. We are going to plant some shrubs and trees but then DH wants to put sprinklers in before we think about grass so it may be fall before the grass comes. Too much to do!

SASSY...that is such a cool picture in your siggy! That was sweet of your co-worker to make it for you.

HI ya Kathy, SusanNYC & Michelle! Hope all is well with you ladies.

Not much going on with me today. Was out keeping V company for a little while, whil e he was putting the garage door opener in. He didn't finish it because he had to go into work for a few hours. But he will get it wired this evening when he comes home. I am glad he is handy like that. It saves us lots of moola since we don't have to hire someone to do it. I am just being lazy today though. Taking it easy. Well, except for laundry. It's a never ending thing though.

Have a good day ladies!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:11 PM   #84  
ugggg.....

Hi ladies!! Mopped floors and did laundry--fun stuff!! It's been rainy and a kind of lazy day!!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #85  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all,

Thanks and I just ADORE my signature, she did it with Adobe Photoshop, she is kind of a self taught Photoshop "Guru". She did give us a website that has tutorials on it, that may be of some help to you too:

http://www.worth1000.com/galleries.asp?display=

Jules -- Yes Puddy was my "baby" I got him when he was only 6 weeks old and could fit into the palm of my hand! They certainly do become a part of the family.

I hope you all are doing well!

Old 04-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #86  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,
What beach did you go to Katy?? We always head for Seaside and north of - probably because that was home for so long. Richard hatch was a dream, I also liked Randolph Mantooth from Emergency, he was the 1st actor that stole my heart. Gage *sigh.....if I ever have a son I am naming him Gage- haha
Exciting news!! The Bachelor starts again tonight, can't wait. Along with American Idol life can't get any better.
oops, got sidetracked.......yes, your blog is very funny. I read more of it Saturday. I will check in and leave a comment. I didn't want to ruin your site though with a silly *make no sense* comment from me - lol --

Cute signature Sassy. I love my Momo, my mom said last night since I am so attached to him she would trade Buck for Momo. I thought that was nice. HUGS

Hi to Cristina and Jules!!! Ya, the girls grow up fast!! Beck and her friend both have boyfriends name Will. The Wills are into ballroom dancing and Beck asked me if I would come to her wedding in Germany. Of course I said yes.

Gaby slacked in her homework. She was suppose to draw her favorite animal and handed me the pencil and said for me to do it. Heck no. She wouldn't do any of it. She went to see Meet the Robinsons and I guess she did end up at the circus. Her father called and asked if he can have her for a few hours on Saturday for Easter Egg hunts and I said that was fine.

Spent Saturday evening with M. We went to see Blades of Glory. I picked it out because of the one actor that played Napoleon Dynamite. I thought it was funny in a stupid way. Right up my alley. Afterwards we went to Applebee's which has a weight watchers menu. I thought that was nice, I didn't order from there though because I don't do weight watchers. lol I had a burger and fries - ate half, I was stuffed from all the movie popcorn.

I thought this was funny - kind of crass but whatever......
I was laying on M's bed and I looked up and said "you know this is a nice bed, nice headboard." and M said "ya, it is nice. Me: "what did your ex get?" as in the divorce - which was 10 years ago. M said " her piece"..........I thought he meant*her piece of the bedroom set,maybe a nice dresser or something until I realized he said *herpes*......lol....oops, she was a rather naughty lady and cheated in her marriage. lol.......anyway, that made me laugh.

ok, better get to work!!! Chow.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #87  
ugggg.....

Suzy--hey there chickee!! I liked Randolph Mantooth too....sigh.....and both Starsky & Hutch!! So is Beck learning to ballroom dance--Teri was thinking about taking a swing class.

Well back to work.....
Old 04-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #88  
kitty Momo

Ugh, back to work?? I am sitting here coughing , so want to go home!! Yes, Becky is learning to dance. The Wills and Thelma & Lousie go on Saturday mornings to dance. They also attend dinners with dancing. Becky has danced with Wills dad. Very nice. I liked David Soul, he was kind of cute. Randolph was *it* though and Greg from Brady Bunch.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #89  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Susan...that is cool the girls do ballroom dancing. I wanted V and I to do it and he won't. He is not into dancing at all but said he would do it if I really wanted him to. I do but I told him I want him to go because "he" wants to, not because I want to. I love dancing! Funny, they both have BF's named Will, lol. Well, at least the ex has something she will never forget, lol. Okay, that's terrible. I wouldn't wish anything bad on anyone.

Jules...you were doing what I did over the weekend. Pretty laid back and boring for me.

Sassy...thank you for the link. I went to it really fast to see what I could find out and I am going to have to go back and spend some time there for sure.

Hi to everyone else

Sorry this is a fast one. I am pooped. Got up too early and had lots of errands to run. Now I am getting sleepy.

WI today and I am up one pound. Fine by me though as I really expected a 2 pound gain, lol. My eating was bad last week. But today I am back on track and went to the park to walk. Did 1 1/2 miles. Drinking my water as well and took my vitamin so off to a good start.

Take care ladies and I will chat with you soon
Old 04-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #90  
kitty Momo

Hi Cristina - M doesn't speak of the ex that much. I did ask a lot of questions in the beginning. I always think a man should speak highly of the mother to his children. M didn't though ....lol So, I had to go to Plan B.....haha - jk. She was a woozey of a lady and M did try for 2 years to make it work and try counseling and all that. He finally remortgaged his home and gave her a $$$$ settlement and he took custody of their son who lived with him anyway. blah - blah.
I would love to learn how to dance! Ballroom dancing sounds nice, the Will sounds nice and his family sounds normal. Weddings in Germany and he took Beck too to see Blades of Glory - so he has good taste in movies.

anyway - I had veggie garden soup for lunch. Feel icky and just want to go to bed, have the chills.
Closed Thread