Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:47 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Well, I walked six miles today. That for me was an accomplishment. Considering I haven't walked much in the past two weeks. So, yay!

I feel much better too. Drank 80oz of water, two 16oz. cups of coffee, had two Atkins shakes today, an Atkins shake for bfast (though I really wanted a ff yogurt- I forgot it). I had a Lean Cuisine for lunch, and a Lean Cuisine for dinner with about 2cups of steamed broccoli. MMM!

I feel better, though I am dreading WI tomorrow.. I know I'm up. A lot. But, I'll be working my butt off the next several weeks to lose it again!

Have a good night!

Hugs.
Mimi
Old 02-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #17  

I walked six miles yesterday, I ate healthy, drank all my water.. and.. I've gained.. I want to cry. I had gotten down to 155.6 just two weeks ago. In two weeks, I've destroyed my momentum.

*sigh*

Well, if you have to get back in the saddle, I guess there's no better place to do it but beginning at the ground. I'm feeling pretty deflated.

I do believe my TOM is here- though I don't have an actual cycle because I have an iud.. I've been a little catty this past couple days.

BBL.. have a great day.
Mimi
Old 02-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #18  

WHERE DID ALL MY GIRLS GOOOO????????????????
Old 02-28-2007, 12:18 PM   #19  
prepare for the BEST time

I was running to get you a box of kleenex and a diuretic because it surely must be water-weight gain!....and remember that your muscles retain water after exercise!

don't fret, don't frown, the pounds are coming down.....
Old 02-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #20  
hara hachi bu

Marble, I am starting to appreciate that, too ... things staying clean! I'm also embracing my "single lifestyle" and spending a lot of my spare time just out and about. I'm enjoying that quite a bit!

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear about your mother.

I have a big ol' stability ball. I bought it with a frame so I can use it as a chair. I've been meaning to use it more often at home, building up "endurance" so I can bring it to work and use it here daily. I'm guessing that would be good for my back.

I need to focus on exercise. It's been snowy and cold for too long. I have a perfectly functional exercise bike (and a pile of magazines) right in my living room, and I need to hop on it a few times a week. I'm hesitant to because I get sweaty, then I don't feel like taking a shower, so I'll wait till just before the shower, that whole game.

I also want to start walking as soon as it's light enough after work. I want to walk for a half-hour in one direction, find what's there (maybe the library or a good coffee shop), and walk back. I like walking with a purpose in mind, instead of just walking for walking's sake. A friend of mine has a "walking buddy" who he calls on his cell phone over lunch and they 'walk' together. I don't know how that works with a cardio walk - best practice is to walk fast enough to make it hard to hold a conversation - but it's a good idea if it works.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:17 PM   #21  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

hi all I am back and posted to the wrong thread (last weeks) oh well, long story short no internet no fun. No loss, started exercise, feeling better, but upset about the weight stall. I dont think you can even call it stall since it more of a big old road block. Even back when I would half arse try and lose weight I could never get my weight to budge, and now counting calories to the T, I am seeing the same thing. Its like my body knows when I get to a certain number and just says NO WAY, I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU THE SATISFACTION and just wont let go of the weight. UGH anyway it will come I know as long as I dont give up but I am doomed to be the person who eats like an angel and takes YEARS to lose 10 lbs. LOL

--Sumi
Old 02-28-2007, 01:18 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys View Post
I was running to get you a box of kleenex and a diuretic because it surely must be water-weight gain!....and remember that your muscles retain water after exercise!

don't fret, don't frown, the pounds are coming down.....

You're silly.. I got on the scale today.. and.. sigh.. it was 160. I know its water gain.. I WANT MY BODY BACK! LOL
Old 02-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumisan View Post
hi all I am back and posted to the wrong thread (last weeks) oh well, long story short no internet no fun. No loss, started exercise, feeling better, but upset about the weight stall. I dont think you can even call it stall since it more of a big old road block. Even back when I would half arse try and lose weight I could never get my weight to budge, and now counting calories to the T, I am seeing the same thing. Its like my body knows when I get to a certain number and just says NO WAY, I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU THE SATISFACTION and just wont let go of the weight. UGH anyway it will come I know as long as I dont give up but I am doomed to be the person who eats like an angel and takes YEARS to lose 10 lbs. LOL

--Sumi
Hi Sumi girl!! Honey I know the feeling.. and despite having slept with my heating pad over my abdomen last night, I'm still trying to think positively.. I have walked in your shoes!!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #24  
prepare for the BEST time

I won't even GET on a scale this week.....it's almost TOM and my boobs are jumping outta the bra! no sense in setting myself up for an upsetting experience...I will be an ostrich this week.

Phantastica, if you like to walk with purpose, is it possible to walk some errands?
One of the reasons I do early AM exercise at home is the showering/make-up/hair thing, I don't have time to do it 2X a day and go to work....I have some workout clothes that should never be seen in public...(i save the good ones for gym or running errands). I put my hair on top of my head, but the layers stick out...I'm quite sure the cats are laughing at me.

Hi Sumi, nice to see you back!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #25  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Phantastica, if you like to walk with purpose, is it possible to walk some errands?
Yes! I can do most of my commerce without driving, if I wanted to. I live near a small commercial area in a suburb that is a cluster of strip-malls, but they're not exactly pedestrian friendly and the sidewalks aren't kept free of snow. Thus, it's much easier to walk a lot in the summer.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:13 PM   #26  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

thanks you guys Glad to be back, I have been getting my computer fix by playing SIMS, I need to take this opportunity to cut back on the net though and keep it to only a few hours a day, today is my make up day though so it doesnt count LOL

I did my workout **YEAH** I am so happy that it is so much easier this time, and I am heavier and more out of shape than my first time 2 years ago!

My calories are looking good again today but my hubby wants taco salad for dinner. For the life of me I couldnt find any olestra doritos, do they even make them? I know the stuff is bad but it sure would help when my hubby requests something AWEFUL! I am using light thousand island and ground turkey and fat free cheddar cheese so it shouldnt be horrible. I am going to leave the chips out of it and then add in only a few to mine and let them add to theirs individually. I think that will help

--sumi
Old 02-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #27  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

ladies! Boring day, horrific diet wise, doing well on no soda though, got some stuff done for the apartment, moving Tuesday!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #28  

Helloooooooooo girls!! So glad to see new posts.. I'll bbl..
Old 02-28-2007, 07:33 PM   #29  

Quote:
I won't even GET on a scale this week.....it's almost TOM and my boobs are jumping outta the bra! no sense in setting myself up for an upsetting experience...I will be an ostrich this week.
Oh man...... do I know this one all too well! rofl

Last edited by SD Gal; 02-28-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #30  
Goodbye Fat!

Well back on track today! The last five days have been crazy with the family and my eating out of control. No need to go into all the details but that is in the past and I am not looking back. I am also getting over a cold so I hope it is fully gone tomorrow! Hopefully when I weigh in next Monday the number won't be too terrible!
Closed Thread