Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh, vogue!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!! How neat!!! Have fun at prom!

I'm the taller one with blonde hair in the black shirt. DD didn't have time to do her hair so it's pulled back into a ponytail.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:29 PM   #32  
Losing it!

Amy, I am so thrilled for you! John sounds like a sweetie, what a neat way to break the ice plus get you to go to prom with him. He must really like you to bring you flowers, balloons and a stuffed animal. I bet he never noticed the McDonalds grease either... LOL!
Old 02-17-2007, 07:12 AM   #33  

Vogue-How sweet! When is the prom? I can't wait to help you prepare for it!

Gayle-You poor baby! Falling on the ice. Are you okay?
Old 02-17-2007, 08:22 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Vogue, so exciting the prom and John sounds like a real sweetie to show up at work with everything! Can't wait to hear all about the preperations for the prom!!

Around here, things have the been the same, I have been off work for a few days, first due to the snow/ice storm and now for Pres. weekend. Loving the time home and dreading going back to work on Tuesday.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #35  
Losing it!

Shelley, when I wrote that I slid a few times, I meant in the car. HA! HA! It is the strangest feeling in the world to be driving and all of a sudden the car is sliding on ice and you have no control. You really need to come visit me this next Winter so you can experience all the fun. LOL!
Old 02-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #36  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

I know omg! I gotta get a dress, I know he doesnt care if I lose weight but OIm going to lose like 10 before the prom. its in late march. I cant belive he asked me though! im a sophomore and hes a junior but hes like my best friend , i can and have told him anything. Later is was like to him , omg i was so embrassed in my mcdonalds uniform hes like , I knew you wouldnt be looking your best when I went there I know cause you were working you would be greasy and stuff but I didnt care I was going to wait itll after you got off work but I couldnt wait . I was like awww. Were going to meet tomorow for coffee, then later for some dinner, aw a date. I thought he was cute but i didnt think he would ever be intrested in me.

allison gah you look so good in that picture also !!!
Old 02-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #37  
Losing it!

Amy, have fun on you first official date with your friend! See how things work out? It is always best to have a friendship first then work into a relationship. He sounds like a sweetheart. NOW! As a mother talking, make sure no matter how much you get caught up in the romance and the moment, don't do anything without thinking about it first. A wrong decision can affect your entire lifetime. I know I shouldn't be writing this because you really have a level head on your shoulders. HAVE FUN SWEETIE!
Old 02-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #38  

Gayle--I love your new avatar!

Vogue--thanks. I do like that photo.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #39  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

oh gosh , i have made my mind in that department and that is none untill marriage and im not getting married till im around 25 I said at least 25 so im good there dont worry.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:07 AM   #40  
Janice

AMY - You go girl!! How exciting for you.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:13 AM   #41  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

;-)
Old 02-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #42  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Yesterday was my worst "diet" day ever and I mean ever! Not so much because of what I ate, but Tim made a comment and he is normally very supportive of me no matter what I do and he rarely makes negative comments...especially directed at me. I had baked chocolate chip cookies to take to a pot luck on Saturday and I brought 6 cookies home. I was home alone with those 6 cookies on Sunday and needless to say "they disappeared"...yep, I ate all of them. Last night Tim went looking for the cookies and when he couldn't find them he asked me if I had eaten ALL those cookies. I told him that I had and at that point I'm starting to get angry then he said "You mean you ate all of those cookies? There were like 6 cookies in that container!" Holy cow...I was already beating myself up for eating them and then he had to come right out and rub my nose in it and since when did he start keeping track of how much I eat? I told him that he really hurt my feelings and he did apologize, but it's still bothering me today. Probably because truth hurts, huh? Apparently it was the kick in the butt that I needed too because I have been SO OP today and I haven't even thought about cheating. I also went through and purged the house of all food that isn't diet friendly, so Tim won't have to bother looking for chocolate chip cookies again!
Old 02-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #43  

Suzy~don't beat yourself up too much! I'm sure he didn't mean it to be as bad as it came across. But you did do a good thing by purging the house of food that is not diet healthy!

Yesterday, the family and I did the 5k race. DS, DH and I came in at 45 minutes (it was a pretty good, fast walk with a few spurts of jogging mixed in). Once mile 2 hit, we kind of slowed up a bit. I was hoping for 40 minutes. DD and her friend took 50 minutes. My butt kind of hurts a bit today. That and my foot. I must have stepped on something because I have a big bruise on the bottom of my foot--makes it kind of hard to walk today.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:48 AM   #44  

Suzy-I don't think Tim meant anything by it either, other than he wanted to have a few of them too. Don't beat yourself up. You are doing great and we all have a couple of setbacks.

Allison-Wow, that's a great race! Congratulations.

Vogue-What style prom dress are you thinking of? Short or long?

I started back with Core and my weight is up. I think it's probably all the salt I have been having. I have been eating microwave popcorn, instead of my normal air popped plain in the microwave. I'm not giving on. This is such a struggle for all of us!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:50 AM   #45  

Shelley~although I feel good about my race time, I know I could have done better had I not hung out with DH!! LOL. I was hoping for 40 minutes, got 45 instead. I wish I had someone close that would drag me out and train with me so I could get better. The people who ran the 5k came in under 20 minutes (I doubt I'll ever run, but jogging the whole way would be a huge improvement for me).

My weight was down to 140, but back to 142.5 this morning. Don't know why, I was very, very good yesterday. I'll have to be extra good today.
Closed Thread