Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 11:21 AM   #46  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Wednesday Ladies!

It's happy for me because I am finally off work for a few days!!

What amazing weight losses you have all had...

Jodi--down 3.2 lbs!! Congrats. I gotta try your chicken recipie. I have all the ingredients except for the Chicken, duh...better get to the grocery store before our big snow tomorrow night.

Marti--1.2 lbs. WEIGH to go!! I hope your back is feeling better. My son's fiance suffers from constant sciatic and back pain and she is a personal trainer, full time student and is only 20 yrs old.!! I feel for ya! I agree with you about having to clear a space to exercise. In our old house, the treadmill was set up in our bedroom, facing the TV and in this house we have an entire exercise room with treadmill, elliptical, bowflex, TV, stereo but still no room to do exercise video's. I love to dance and have an unopened set of salsa dance exercise cd's that I have had for 3 years. The only uncarpeted space that I have is my hardwood foyer (no TV there) and I'm not moving my kitchen table to dance. I'll just settle for my weekly line dancing on Wed nights to get some additional cardio exercise.

Cristina--4 lbs...Holy Crap!! You must feel wonderful!! I saw your pix at the airport and wondering what branch of service your son is in. Where is he stationed? My son is in the coast guard and is finally stationed about 4 hours from me in Norfolk, VA. He was my non-scholar and really didn't want to go to college like his sisters and chose the CG, following in his uncle's footsteps. After tours in CA, Key West and cruising the entire east coast and the Carribean on different CG Cutters, he has finally got off the boat and is an Intelligence Instructor at the Yorktowne, VA training center. His younger sis makes fun of him for not going to college and then ending up with a teaching position....all the time trying to avoid school. He says that he want to make the CG a career. Best wishes to your son. I'm sure you are so proud!!

Vann--Good girl for staying on track while at your training conference. Pat yourself on the back for all that willpower and your 2 lb weight loss. Have a safe trip back home.

Kathy--A new nephew!!! Congratulations. My youngest sister (16 1/2 years apart) had a little boy 18 mo ago and he has been the greatest thing to happen to our family. The youngest grandchild was in her teens and it has been wonderful to finally have a baby in the family again.

Jane--Did I read somewhere that you have lost 8 lbs this month alone!!! You must be tickled pink!! I totally agree with the nude weigh-in. I get so desperate sometimes that I wonder if I clip my toenails, wash my hair or shave my legs might knock off a few ounces!

Sue--sorry that you are not feeling well. Being a nurse, I am always diagnosing myself and I swore a few years ago that I was having Gall Bladder problems. I marched myself into my doc's office with my symptoms and asking for a gall bladder sonogram and walked out with a prescription for Prevacid and diagnosed with reflux. I figured that I would give it a try but was convinced that it was my gall bladder....NOT!! I've been on the Prevacid and am symtom free. I guess the "nurse, heal thyself" didn't work for me. You must be so frustrated dealing with the pain. Have you had any second opinions? If it's been awhile since your last workup, maybe it's time to do some more testing. I really hope you feel better soon and find the cause of your discomfort. Hugs to you!!

Sassy--Good luck with the Superbowl this sunday! Hope your Colts win!! We have a big party to attend and not really sure who everyone is rooting for. I'm just going to check out the commercials, try to stay away from all the food and enjoy all the company.

Michele, Jules, Joyce and anyone that I have missed.... hope you are all well and staying on track.

It's hard for me to post on the days that I work 12 hr shifts because they end up being 13-14 hr shifts. I get home and only have enough time to check e-mail, iron a uniform for the next day, roll my eyes at the messy house, try to eat a sensible snack, shower and get to bed. I try to sneak in a little lurking on the forum at work, just to keep up with everyone.

We are gearing up for our first possible snow storm tomorrow night. It figures that I will have to work on Friday morning. DH will use my 4 wheel drive to take me to work and avoid using his car which is unsafe in the snow. The state of Maryland will work up this snow on the news like it's a blizzard approaching. The grocery stores will be packed, not a glove or hat or snow shovel will be found in the stores (what did they use last year when it snowed?). Then again, our weather changes so much from hour to hour, you never know what will happen from day to day. Our state motto is "If you don't like the weather in Maryland...just wait a minute!"

Well, gotta get my day started. Grab a bite to eat, change the sheets on my bed, work out on the elliptical, catch up on some Tivo'ed stuff before it deletes itself and get myself ready for dance tonight. Hope you all are having a wonderful day.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:58 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

TAMMY...my son is in the Army, stationed in Honolulu but in Iraq right now. And yes, we are very proud of him. He too didn't want to go to college like my oldest and youngest. He said he had a calling and had to serve like his dad. You must be very proud of your son as well. Funny, he didn't want to go to school and then ended up teaching, lol.

JANE...I had been wondering how Mary was doing. Hope the meds help her. Where is your calorie counter online? That sounds like a nifty thing to use. And thank you! That's kind of unusual for the photo albums isn't it? Seems like all the ones I've seen were the other way.

MARTI...of course I still want a page! I can't wait for yours, well, I can, lol. And the chicken sounds good...if you want to share the recipe I would definitely try it. Hope you are feeling better today.

SUE...sorry to hear you aren't feeling so great. Wish they could find what is wrong and treat it so you wouldn't have to keep going thru this pain. I know how awful it is from watching DD going thru the pain of gall stones but because of her age no one thought of this. On top of that a few years later she was diagnosed with acid reflux, poor girl. But she had her gallbladder removed and took meds for the reflux and so far so good. Lots of hugs to you.

KATHY...CONGAT'S on the new baby! Hope he is doing better...love the name Owen. And sorry your little one is feeling so good. Try and get some sleep Missy! I know that is easier said than done.

HI to everyone else

I'm pooped. This stinking snow is killing me, literally. Once again I shoveled the driveway, after I said I wasn't ever going to. It has to be done so Jason and V won't track all that stuff in the house, and for safety reasons. Don't want anyone slipping. Did it before anyone came home so that it wasn't packed and harder to shovel, and it's still coming down, ugh. Supposed to get 1-3 inches out of this storm and I do believe we have passed that already. So that is my exericse for the day...this time I timed it and it took me 1 1/2 hours with a couple of bathroom/water breaks in between. Really tired of this weather. This is the most snow I have seen here in tha 9 years I have lived here. Anyway, was hoping it wouldn't start until I went and bought groceries...no such luck. But I got everything done. The house cleaned, snow shoveled, groceries bought and laundry done.

Take care ladies and have a good day. Hope your weather is better than ours!
Old 01-31-2007, 06:15 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

I'm HOME

Oh yeah ..I'm dancin

AND I need to be cause I did go 200 over my calorie limit, but I am not going to beat myself up!!!!! I ate healthy foods..well almost all...read below

Atlanta was so COLD..it was low teens/20s at night and around 40 in the day and we weren't really prepared for it, But we survived!!

Dinner at Twist last night was a bit eclectic, but good. They have a combination of Sushi, Seafood bar and greek food ...I had a salad, some hummus, and some spinach ravioli..not too bad ( I didn't see the seafood until I was leaving and I don't care for Sushi)... I did take a piece of pie back to my room, but I only ate half of it..I was so tired. Training went good ...There is no place like home.

and I am counting calories to those that asked and sometimes it is hard to know while I am eating what the calories are. I mean I know what grilled meats and veggies are that don't have any butter, but when you get to a dinner like last night and you are having a bite of this and a bite of that it is tough. The main thing I try and remember is nothing fried, no bread, (or very little) lots of fresh fruits and vegtables, but you guys are right ..it is hard when you are traveling. Did I say I was glad to home and connected with you guys!

I missed you all!! AND I see that you guys have been droppin weight like crazy!!

Jodi 3.2 Congrats

Marti 1.2 --Fabulous!!

Christina--Oh My Gosh ..how did you do that?? 4 lbs...YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION -Congrats to you too!

Jane- Congrats to you too... You guys are awesome!! Training went well... thank you guys for being here!!

Tammy- I hope you guys dodge the crazy weather- we are a bit below you and they are calling for freezing rain OR WHATEVER..they have no clue here..we have the same saying here..."if you don't like the weather wait a minute and it will change" LOL

Marti- I am counting calories and so far it has been going pretty well. I feel like it is something I can live with, but when I plateau I might try something different..maybe SBD. Not sure.

Christina--Jodi's chicken is wonderful!! I really enjoyed it!

Sue- How is Vegas and the weather out your way. You have probably lost weight even though you can't tell...

Hello to everyone else....Jules, Mary Kate, Michele, Kathy, Sassy and Angie! Hope I didn't miss any one..brain dead

I am so tired..I am off to bed..have a great night and I will check in tomorrow. At least I am pretty much on track for today

Old 01-31-2007, 07:51 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Just a fly-by tonight. I have a muscle in my back that is spasming or something so I got my work in putted on here and going to go lay in my recliner. I see we are about ready to split off our posts into a new one again. :-) we are a chatty bunch aren't we??? teehee

Have a good evening girls.
Jodi
Old 01-31-2007, 09:54 PM   #50  
GmaTo8

Yep, Jodi's right - time for a new thread. See you at #232!
Closed Thread