Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:09 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default Weight Loss and Chitchat #231

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Tammy - we were posting at about the same time. Line dancing, huh? That sounds fun! I used to do that a long time ago. Your sentence "Gotta dance more than I eat" could be a very useful mantra for all of us!

Michelle - TY!

Cristina - well, I think you should go ahead and try the kabobs, because what happened with mine was probably a local problem. The meat was really tough, and the teriaki sauce from them had run into the rice, which made the rice all gloppy. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, the broccoli was mushy. Eww. But it probably wouldn't be that way for you at all. I hope you aren't coming down with anything. Btw, I'm sp proud of you for not getting into the candy for overseas. If it was me, I'd have a handfull of empty Hershey wrappers by now.

Vann - I want snow so badly! We got a dusting of it so far this year, and that's all. I can barely wait to go make snow angels with the DGDs. A big WooHoo for you being prepared to eat healthily on your trip. If you don't stop in tomorrow, we'll talk to you Friday.

Hello to Marti, Mary Kate, Sue, Kathy, Sassy, Jules, Jodi, Judith, and everyone else reading this.

Well, I'm a sorry excuse for a laundry lady, lol. I still have clothers in the washer and dryer, both. Maybe I'll get to it, and maybe I'll just have fun on the computer instead, lol.

Makenzie came over for supper because she likes fish, and her sisters don't. We had salmon. I tried to get her to eat the raw bones like I do, but she wouldn't do it, lol. She trusts me on most things, but not that, I guess.

Gonna go surf....
Old 01-24-2007, 09:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 4' 11"

Hello, my name i joyce. My husband was from hartford city ind. He has been dead for 9 years now. I have been haveing a lot of trouble with a knee replacement, and a knee revision on my right knee. Just l8 months apart, so I couldn't do much exercising and put on a lot of pounds. I started on the SBD 8 days ago and have now lost 8 pounds. I would like to find someone to talk with. I have tried a few other sites, but no one answers back. I hope someone will this time. Thanks for listening.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

HELLO JOYCE I have been on here for a week or so and have found these ladies to be so supportive and welcoming. I am from North Central Indiana.

Tammy- sounds like we might have befriended the same person. Your story of your cyber friend made me think of someone whom I thought of as my best friend for like 4 yrs, but boy could she be harsh! We never met, but I think this last time we "broke off" was very mutual. I had made the decision that she just wasn't good for me, she could be downright mean sometimes. Anyhow....

Cristina- Did you get out your WATP 2 mile? I would like to see if I could find it in the store. I had bought mine on Ebay a couple yrs ago. Then Meijer got them in on dvd. I haven't looked to see if they still have them or not, but I did look at Walmart yesterday and they don't.

Jane- I have a friend who is doing WW and she told me she is not allowing herself to eat the extra 35 pts. That is why I wondered if they were included somehow in our calorie intake and actually GOOD for us to eat. I meant to ask at my last meeting, but I forgot until yesterday.

Well when I let the dog out earlier I noticed it was snowing. It looked pretty from what I could see. Supposed to get cold- yuck. Got my work done for the week and am planning on maybe staying in my pj's tomorrow. Kids don't have to go to school at 7am in the morning for jazz band because the teacher's wife had a baby today so I can make sure they get on the bus and go snuggle in bed with the dog in the morning- hehe. I love being able to do that, but don't get to do it as often as I used to.

HEY THERE EVERYONE!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 02:36 AM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Short hello again....I am not going to try to do individuals until I can get back here for a longer time. I am having some "blah" issues and am in quite a "funk" again. I know it will pass as it always does.
I just wanted to say I am so proud of all you ladies....you are doing great! Keep it up and I will hopefully join you at some point.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:07 AM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Just a REALLY short one here....I keep getting kicked offline! But wanted to say hello and welcome to Joyce!! Glad to have you here!

I'll be back when the computer lets me stay longer!

Until then....have a great day!
Old 01-25-2007, 11:46 AM   #7  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

Joyce - a big to the Jaded Ladies group! And a big YAY to you for your loss with SBD. My sister had knee replacement surgery, and I know how painful the recovery period can be. But the end result is worth it! Just jump right in here, and we'll help you through your weight loss efforts. PS - if you didn't already notice, I'm from southern Indiana.

Jodi - good for you, being able to sleep in a little bit. Feels good, doesn't it? It's cold here too - 27 degrees. But the sun is out, and that helps brighten things so much.

Sue - aww, I hope your funk passes soon.

Marti - why do you keep getting kicked off? Have you been a naughty girl and the system is trying to ban you? Bet that's it, you bad girl, lol.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

It's going on 11am and I'm not even dressed yet. I need to hop in the shower and get cleaned up to go to town. Makenzie is going with me later today, and she wants me to look for a Woody doll. Do they even make those? She's hooked on that movie Toy Story, and especially the song "You've got a friend in me" and sings it all the time, lol. Too cute!

BBL,
Old 01-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #8  

Just poppin in to say hi to everyone. Just realized it is Thurs and I will have to go to the bank so I can pay my Avon bill to make my new order tonight. Soooo.... that means I am going to have to get dressed. I don't see how my kids do it, stay in pjs all day. I am very comfortable, but I fell guilty- haha.

Marti- hope you can get your computer to let you stay on. That's aggrivating isn't it?

Jodi
Old 01-26-2007, 01:42 AM   #9  

Evening Ladies!

Just got off the treadmill and I thought I would pop in and say hello.

Let's see if I can catch up a little bit. I have to go back to the previous thread and see where you all left off at!

Jodi--I sure wish I could help you on the information w/WW points. Glad to see the gals that are have given you suggestions. Do you have any of their cookbooks? They're great. I find that weekends are hard for me in a different way.....I don't eat enough. Work days I plan my breakfasts and lunches....weekend I'll be lucky to eat breakfast and a decent lunch. NEED to cut that bad habit.

Tammy--Wow...that sounds like a very entertainig show. A gal I worked with told me some about it today. She loves the show. It's her "show" that she's gotta watch. You know, I have always wanted to try linedancing. They look like they're having so much fun!!

Jane--For shame....you think I would be naughty??........well maybe. Actually it's only when I use my email. Something keeps kicking me out when I want to send something. I hardly ever check it and when I do....and I want to send something, I get booted offline all togther! I want a set of RR knives too....for James. I haven't gone to look at the prices though. I figure I could buy him some knives w/o her name on them and they'll work just as good.

Cristina--I'm a sucker for dark chocolate. LOVE the stuff. So during the holidays.....I tried to not buy it. I like milk chocolate too, I just prefer the dark, and that makes it easier to pass eating it altogether! I hope your head is feeling better. Headaches prevent so much from happening in our daily lives! I don't blame ya for not working out. You'd be crazy to!

Vann--Don't you worry about not stopping in after a late night. The computer is usually the last place I want to be at when I have a long day. We'll chat when you have time.

Joyce--Again...Welcome! I hope you come back to tell us more about yourself. This is a great group of girls and we'd love to have you a part of our group.

Sue--Awww.... . I hope you start feeling better soon. I'm glad you popped in to say hi.....I was starting to worry about ya.

Hello to MaryKate, Michelle, Jules, and Sassy.....and I know I'm missing someone here.....oh please forgive if I have.....just pop in and say hello.

Today was an "ok" eating day. I ate a sensible dinner. Left my darn lunch in the freezer here at home.....they had a 1yr anniversary to our building so there was cake....and yes darn it I had some. What's bizarre is that I was going to have a starbuck coffee day and knew that we were having cake so I skipped the coffee.....but who knew I would be so absent minded and forget my lunch too? Dinner was much better. Chicken, butternut squash and beans.
I really have to start drinking more water. I'm lacking in the skills of water intake. Shame on me!
Exercise is good. Still walking. In fact I upped my spead and incline again. Loving it!

Ok girls...time to get off this thing.

Have a super Friday tomorrow! Weekend is almost here!

Hugs to you all!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #10  

Hey Marti-
Since I haven't been here that long, I was wondering how much weight you have lost and how long you have been doing this. Just curious if you would care to share. :-)

Jodi
Old 01-26-2007, 12:38 PM   #11  

Good Morning Ladies!

Jodi--My highest weight (recorded---I believe I would add maybe 10lbs) is 175lbs. I managed to get down to 130lbs back a few years ago and then gained 10 of it when the company I worked for closed. Then I gained 20lbs when I quit smoking this last year!! But I've lost 10 of that since Nov. and I'm working to get back to 130 or less. I'm barely 5'1 so weight hangs on me nicely. So....with all the weight gain that I managed, losing has been shocking! It's been a long time for me to see that darn scale go in my favor! And I've started to like myself a lot more. Spent my summer not so much of a fan of myself.

Wow....did you expect that kind of explanation? I used to have a ticker up and all that jazz.....but I was tired of seeing the numbers going up rather than down. I might just put one back up. May do that later tonight after work.

How is everyone else doing this morning? This is Jhanai weekend. Nothing planned...just a relaxing weekend. I just got done printing out more of my food journal. Hubby has this site through work that I joined and they have a printout for keeping track of food. I went a whole week of not having any and it drove me nuts not seeing what I ate. Of coarse.....I could have EASILY wrote it down on normal paper but whats the fun in that?
I also have plans to enter in foods into my new scale. It hold lots of memory and I just need to enter it in. Love that thing!

Ok gals.....enjoy this friday and celebrate the weekend!

I will try to pop back in later, but w/Jhanai here.......never get a chance!

Hugs to you all.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:59 PM   #12  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Welcome Joyce!!!

It is freaking cold outside. Will not get out of the 20's today!! I've been shut in all day with the exception of taking the dogs out to pee. I'm actally down one more pound!!!! Gave me the biggest incentive to get back on the elliptical this morning. Now if I can stay away from the hershey kisses.

I really need to hit the grocery store but I just don't want to venture out in the cold so I've got chicken breast thawing and will have to whip something up from ingredients that I have on hand. Can you sense that I'm not too thrilled about this dinner?? Let's see if I can burn more calories by vacuming and doing some squats while picking up 2 dozen dog toys and bones laying all over my family room.

Nothing big planned for tomorrow but we are going out to dinner with 4 other couples that we line dance with on Sunday night. It's gonna be hard to be good that night while everyone orders tons of appetizers like crab dip, crab balls etc (remember I live in Maryland where we love our crabs) It will be hard to not order crab imperial or stuffed flounder with crab....hmm...maybe I'll just stick to a broiled crabcake without added butter and a salad. I'll just drool over everyone's plate!!

Catch up with everyone a little later!!
Old 01-26-2007, 05:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ladies...gosh it is good to be back! You continue to be my inspiration!

Jane--I didn't totally blow my plan, but didn't resist everything. My calories for the day were only around 1300..so not back. The problem is I am usually only eating 1200..so the increase hit me (LOL) I am thinking about trying a different approach when I get back from Atlanta. I hope you get your snow..I will snow wishes your way!!

Joyce WELCOME to the group. You have stumbled on a great group of girls who each bring uniqueness to the group. You certainly won't get ignored here!! Congratulations of the 8 lb loss..AMAZING!!

Hi Jodi!! Hope you are well!!

Sue- I can relate to the "blahs" ..Take care of your self FIRST! I have a hard time remembering that! I have been feeling crummy and it is getting worse..probably dreading my trip. I didn't sleep well last night because of the cold symptoms..YUCK

Marti-- What kind of scale do you have?? And thanks for sharing your weight loss story! I didn't eat my best last night ...There was a cream cheese and bacon dip and although I only ate about a tablespoon I knew it was loaded with FAT. No dessert though and that is the biggest sacrifice of all for me
Congratulations on your continued success working out. I haven't felt good enough to walk up the stairs the extra times..MY DS has been helping me (LOL) ..I will get better soon. It is amazing to me that the older I get the longer it takes to recover from a simple cold!!!

Tammy--I had Crab Cakes for lunch YUM...they were fabulous with no extra butter...had grilled veggies with them...

I missed you guys last night. Take Care ..see you tomorrow..
Old 01-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Jodi - did you get dressed and make it to the bank, lol? Somedays, I get distracted and end up getting dressed closer to lunch than breakfast. You're right - it feels pretty good to do that.

Marti - I think you and I are the only 2 people I know that really like the treadmill. Must be something wrong with us, lol. Hey, I've got a great suggestion of something you and Jhanai can do this weekend. Scrapbooking! Your DD is good at doing scrapbook pages - just like her mama.

Tammy - yay for 1 more pound down! And step away from the Hershey Kisses! I just bought some crap for a dish I make, with rice, zucchini, green onion, and I forget what else, lol. My Katie is crazy about crab, and she'll be here for a meal soon. Have fun with your friends tomorrow!

Vann - hmm, now you have piqued my curiosity - what new approach are you considering? Btw, have fun at the conference while you're there. I know you have to work but hopefully you'll get out to see Atlanta.

A big hello to everyone else reading this.

Today I had an old friend over for lunch, and then we went to town to the Hallmark House. She is so sweet, and months and months will go by that we don't see each other, but we always pick right back up where we left off.

I've done pretty good with the food, not perfect. I didn't get enough water today, but usually I do. And I'm doing great on the treadmill and with the vitamins.

Not sure what I'm going to be doing tomorrow.... how about you?
Old 01-26-2007, 11:54 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Not much to say...I am pooped, and still feeling blah. I think I have what you have Sue. Was on last night but tired out before getting to post here so just read the posts. Yesterday and today were busy and I know when my head hits the pillow I will be out!

Joyce! Glad to have ya here and look forward to getting to know you.

VANN...hope you have a nice trip to Atlanta, be safe.

MARTI...enjoy your weekend with Jhanai.

TAMMY... for the loss!

SUE...hope you get to feeling better.

Hi to everyone else

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Closed Thread