Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:11 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

That's all any of us can do Curly.

Big day for me today. I'm giving notice at the VA. I got my contract to review yesterday and it is fine. It is for 3 years so I guess I will be staying put for awhile. I did give my boss a little hint yesterday so he shouldn't be surprised.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 PM   #302  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

will you be in the same area? I hope this change works out better for you! I know that I am happy I made a career change! and I made it thru day 2 on plan!!
Dee how did the holiday weekend go?

Val: whats up there?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:18 PM   #303  

I am BACK!!

Howdy all, remember me???????????????????

Well, I have been on detour for almost 2 years!! Every since I quit smoking(9/23 is my anniv. of stop smoking) I have been on the path of no return. I have tried several times to start losing weight again but it hasn't work. I made a 1/2 attempt at the begining of the year to do WW again. I gain back all the 50lbs I lost 2 years ago and added a few friends..not too many...but enough. I am ready to do it again but I NEED SUPPORT!!! I hope you will welcome me back!!

I am actually on a physican weight loss program because I am exploring weight loss surgery. Not sure if I can actually do that. I have decided to try to lose all the weight I can in 6 months and THEN I will decide if I want to do the surgery. It really kind of scares me. I also now have diabetes and high blood pressure which shouldn't be a shock to myself or anyone else.

This week has brought good changes in our household. Dh and I have been walking everynight. I know the weather will change soon but this is a start for both of us.

I went back and read a few pages to try to catch up before I posted. I am glad you all were still here.

Lisa
Wyoming
Old 09-06-2007, 01:30 AM   #304  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

welcome back LisaWY!!! I remember you. You found me floundering in a sea of I dunno where to start, and directed me to PIC's. I remember when you made the decision to stop smoking then you were gone. Having been thru the withdrawal process myself, I wondered how you were doing. I'm soooo happy to hear you're now a non-smoker!!!!!

You know the drill here.... post often

Speaking of lost PIC's, anyone ever hear anything from Angel?

Curly~ THe weekend wasn't toooooo bad. It was busy. I lost 2 employees (the one I had to fire, and a new guy who just clocked out for lunch on Mon. and never came back)... so I had to go in tonight (my day off) and close cuz I didn't have anyone else to ask. Oh well Guess that's why they call me manager heheheheh....

Petra~ Did you do the deed today? I Hope you're doing ok. It sounds like the right choice for you.

Nighty night girls!!! Hope you all have wonderful days

Dee~

Last edited by iwmonn; 09-06-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:21 AM   #305  

Welcome back Lisa. Yes, I remember you. quitting smoking is incredibly difficult and you should be very proud of yourself. It is probably the single best thing you could do for yourself and you have set a great example for your kids.

Yes, I did the deed yesterday. It went quietly. Interestingly, we had our monthly department meeting and the new boss did not mention that I had given notice. I guess he'll just let people figure it out or find out through the grapevine. I haven't felt like it was an excuse to eat badly. In fact, it was around the time I decided to leave that I also decided to get my eating under control again. I was hoping when I moved here and took this job, it would be a good long term choice so I am disappointed that this job didn't work out. I hope I am making a better choice. Several people even at the VA have said nice things about the hospital system I am going to. It has a good reputation in the area. I do have anxiety about mostly practicing medicine after mostly doing psych for all these years. This will be a bit of a rough adjustment I'm sure. My last day at the VA is Oct. 5, first day at the new job is Oct. 15. Will be trying to spend some time over there in between getting things set up.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:07 AM   #306  

It is great to be back!!

My dh finally quit smoking in August of 06. He had no choice. He spent a week in ICU. Both of us have used the non-smoking as an excuse to indulge a little more than we should of.

I am not doing weight watchers but a modified version. I am counting calories on fit day and watching my carbs and fat. My doctor left it up to me on how to lose the weight. If I decide it is not working I probably will end up doing weight watchers.

Petra: good luck on the new job. I changed jobs also. That is why I am not around during the day much. I actually work at my new job. What a concept. I am working for an electrical contractor as an office manager. The same job I did for the other company. We also got a dog. She loves to go for a walk but she is young and will rip your arm off. I am working with her but it is hard. SHe is austr. shephard/blue healer mixed. A great dog when they grow up at about 5 years old. LOL

Dee: firing people is never fun or being the manager.

Opppsss ran out of time, I will post more later!!!
Lisa
Wyoming
Who is late for work! YIKES
Old 09-06-2007, 03:46 PM   #307  

Hi everyone!

((((Mary, Dee, Curly)) Welcome back Lisa!

I did not get the vet job. It turns out they didn't want to hire a client. It would have been nice if they told me that in the first place.

I've switched to nights at work which is working out well for my diet since I seem to be at work during the afternoons when I'm most likely to cheat. I've been eating dinner at around 10pm but my calories have been on track so far!

I'm also more likely to work out in the daytime before work then I was to work out when I got home from work and was tired! There are a lot of temptations at work since the kids at night are always munching on chips and cookies ect. I've pretty well conditioned myself to not snack at work so I need to keep up with that!

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #308  
Staying in 1derland!

Hi Lisa! Welcome back! Might I suggest a halter for your pup? Chai my crazy chow would do the pull your arm outta the socket thing also but I found a halter at walmart that has soft fleece that goes under thier front legs and the leash can be hooked onto the top behind their head .. much eaiser and the way it is configured, they cannot pull or tug!

Dee: I had to chuckle when i read your post ... once we had a lady start at work at 8 am and at 11:30 she went to lunch and never came back...

Val: I like your work schedule... I think my big energy burst comes @ 10 am, and to avoid eating in the evening I just dont buy groceries lol hmm guess that only works if you live alone and in the sticks! haha at least 15 miles to the store and the fast food from my house..

Petra: hmmm gonna go psychologist on ya here.... u think maybe u were eating becuz you were not happy in your job? and when you found the option to get away (the other job) you just felt better? like "thank goodness I am outta there! " could be!

another day op! amzing how nice it felt today after a week and my clothes were not cutting off my oxygen supply!! hahaha

have a great evening.. now i am living and breathing child support and sociology....... "brain explosion"

p.s. has everyone noticed how much earlier its getting darker in the evning now? Fall is on the way!

Last edited by curlylocks; 09-06-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #309  

Howdy All,

I ran out of time this morning. I don't have internet at work because my boss is a control freak and took it out because previous employees took advantage of it. I am ok with it because I actually get more work done during the day and less likely to mess around.

I have done well and I have been on program for about 2 weeks. Salsa is my friend. LOL I have figured out if I eat really hot salsa..I will drink the water. I have been eating tons of veggies which I do like. We have the Farmers Market on Saturday but I normally spent the evening cutting it all up. Not sure if that is a good deal or not. LOL

My daughter, Mallissa is now in 2nd grade. Time sure does fly. She made the competitive team for gymnastics this year. SHe is in level 4. Her first meet is 9/22. We get to travel some. She is going to Denver and Colorado Springs and several places in Wyoming. She continued to do dance. I was hoping to take the fall off but when we went to pick up her video for the recital (same day as registration) she begged to let her take classes again. I can't resist that face. LOL I am always driving her somewhere but I know on Monday nights I will walk on the greenway or at the mall. It is easier to stick around the dance studio than it is to go all the way home. I am somewhat worried when it gets darker earlier if I can do that. I am pretty safe but you never know.

I will look into get Lexi a halter. She actually walks good with just me. It is when she is with Dh and M that she miss behaves and pulls me. Dh and I did 1-1/2 miles tonight. (never thought I would get him to do it) and I did another 1/2 mile with Lexi. Dh doesn't like walking with her... actually he doesn't like walking at all BUT I am working on him.

I have noticed the fall in the air. WE are actually getting a cold front this weekend. It is not supposed to be out of the 60's. We could get snow at any time and I am not looking forward to it. I have to go to teh doctor tomorrow. I have an ingrown toenail and since I have diabetes it freaks me out to have ANYTHING wrong with my feet. I met someone on another list who had to have a toe taken off her foot because of infection.

Well I will run. Thanks for helping me stay on track.
Everyone have a great Friday. (it seemed like a longer week than the 4 day week it was)
Lisa
Old 09-07-2007, 09:57 AM   #310  
Remember Why I'm Here

Hi PIC's,

I'm getting my hours changed at work.... I'm not sure I'm liking this lol. 5 years I've done the opening shift starting @ 730am. Now they want me in 9-530. (10-630 Fridays) They feel that the manager needs to be there later in the day, during peak hours. Maybe I guess... I suppose I'll adapt, but I hate getting home so late, cook dinner, clean etc... it is kinda nice to sit and relax in the morning tho. I've never been one to do that. Because Lee (and the rooster, and the peacocks) are still on the getting up at 5-530 thing, I'm up too lol.

Lisa~ sound like your doing great. WTG getting that dh to walk with you. What's your trick? hehehe.

Val~ Sorry about the job. Too bad they couldn't tell you before you got yourself all excited about the possiblity. I'll be curious how you do with your shift change.

Curly~ Make sure you find time for yourself gf. GJ staying OP!!!

Petra~ Change is always stressful, but really, in the little bit I know about your situation I'm thinking curly's assesment may ring pretty true lol. Your post already sounds 'free'er'... good luck Mary!!!!

I'm gonna go shower and get ready for work. You all have a wonderful day!

Dee~

Last edited by iwmonn; 09-07-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #311  

Hi ladies. Nice to see you again Val. We were wondering where you went. Sorry about the job. I've had 2 really stressful days at work. So stressful I did something I shouldn't have but it wasn't terrible. Yesterday I just couldn't bear to have to come home and spend some enourmous amount of time cooking so I got take out spaghetti. Sort of Sonomaish except it wasn't multigrain of course. Today, I stopped at Walmart and picked up a few items and came home and cooked myself a great meal. Tunisian chicken and almond couscous and a glass of wine, of course.

Curly, yes you are right. I had already started to rationalize why it was okay for me to eat a little sugar here and a little sugar there before I started this job but being miserable was an excuse for me to just keep on going. Once I made the decision to leave, it was like a big burden just came off me. Everyone has noticed that I am in a much better state of mind. I even tolerate the job I'm in better-I guess it's easier knowing my time is limited. But just like the alcoholic who will make all kinds of excuses about why they drink-they drink because they are depressed, they drink to celebrate, they drink to relax, etc. The truth is.... they drink because they are alcoholics. I allowed my addiction to take over my eating again-whatever the reason.

Lisa-I don't know if you've seen the Dog Whisperer-Cesar Millan. He's on the National Geographic Channel on Friday nights. In fact, I'm watching him right now. I'm a big fan. Unfortunately, I don't practice everything he teaches all the time. If I did, I'd have much better behaved dogs but he's a very wise man. Much of what he has to teach can be applied to more than your dogs too.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #312  
Staying in 1derland!

I sure wish I could have a session with him!! tho chai might be the dog that makes him switch careers!!

as far as food.. I really wonder why I get on these kicks where I want the same thing everyday .. like now I want tuna, just plain tuna from the can and I have eaten that everyday now for lunch for 7 days.. then after about 3 weeks of eating the same thing I will decide i want something else and eat that for 2 or 3 weeks in a row? just a weirdo i guess... hahaha

Last edited by curlylocks; 09-07-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #313  

Curly-I think about you and your ability to eat the same thing every day once in awhile. I just can't do that. I often make a full recipe (4 servings) of something and end up throwing some out which I feel bad about. No matter how much I may like something, there are few things I can eat every day except sugar but that's a whole different issue.

Despite my little indiscretion with the take out spaghetti this week, I still lost a pound so I guess it wasn't a complete disaster.

Oh, I think dog whisperer has a web site ngcdogwhisperer.com.

Last edited by petra65; 09-08-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:54 AM   #314  

Well, I went on a cooking frenzy yesterday. I had a friend from work over for dinner. I made an Asian meal. It was a lot of work and very interesting flavors. The dogs were thrilled with having company. My kitchen is a mess and will probably take me all day to finish cleaning up. I sent some left overs home with her so I am not swamped with them.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #315  
Remember Why I'm Here

Hi Ladies

Well, not a lot new going on here. I got 2 new hires which makes me very happy, worked on a schedule for hours and got it perfected THEN one of the new ones came in yesterday crying cuz her family won't help with the daycare so she can't do the schedule she agreed on. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LMAO... Oh well I'm learning day by day.

I'm not focusing on my diet like I should be. I had 2 extreme sugar days . I just couldn't stop. My friends tried to tell me not to do it, but I just didn't care. My body paid me back tho... oh the heartburn! So I've pretty much put back on some of the initial weight I lost when I took over this job. I'm staying pretty steady at 239-240.

I'm trying to get used to the new hours. It's really nice in the morning to relax and have some coffee and visit with Lee for a bit instead of rush out the door. Nights are a little tougher. By the time I get home & get dinner ready sometimes it's 8pm or later.... I know that's a normal time for some to eat, but I have been used to 5-6:30 for so long lol. We have also been eating a lot more processed foods which I will get away from again as I get acclimated to the new schedule......LIke I said, day by day

Petra~ Good to hear you have been doing well. I hope The Boys behaved well with your company lol. I got a nice whole grain cookbook from my old boss. I've glanced thru it, but today gonna figure out some meals to pre-cook.

Curly~ How's life going? I really hope you're being good to you I think about you and your one meal repetition. I remember reading something/ somewhere that it is recommended by some in helping the ol' weight loss. I am seriously contemplating going that route once I identify the meals I can live with-(from my whole grain cookbook ). I know Lee wouldn't mind lol.

Val & Lisa~ YooHooooo How are you doing?

You all be good, OP, and happy!!!!

Dee~
Closed Thread