Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 06:47 AM   #331  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Default meditation

well the retreat was really fun... they had psychics,ion-cleansing, shaballa, acupuncture, reflexology, and some other services... you had to pay for those so I only did the reflexology ( cuz the services were 1$ per minute) it was kinda neat.. each area on your foot is supposed to correlate to an organ... so basically its foot massage.. i started with my usual morning headache and stuffy sinuses... but after the foot massage the headache was gone and my nose was unstuffed!!! The meditation was free and I enjoyed that very much... I have found a meditation online for free that is supposed to be for Self Image and weight loss if i can ever get "real player to download completely I will give it a try!!! heres the link if anyone wants to give it a spin...http://www.learningmeditation.com/siw.htm

Also we had a demonstration of belly dancing... as you probably can guess the instructor was "tiny" .. but she had a beginner student perform also who was not "tiny" I would guess she was every bit of 240 lbs... and she was wearing the entire garb... belly out midriff top...I have to say i was impressed, you could tell she was just a beginner... but I give her major credit.. because she was out there enjoying herself and had no issues with her larger size...

so i did the free , took a very nice long walk and petted some horses, sat on the dock and enjoyed the view... but I think I am gonna give meditation a try it just made me feel refreshed and energized... something i have been lacking

Check out the link and give it a try they have all different meditations for stress,energy etc ...

too bad I have to go back to work today...

Have a great day... TGIF!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:50 AM   #332  

That retreat sounds really fun. I can't believe how well that foot massage worked! I wonder if that could get rid of my sinus headaches!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:26 AM   #333  
Staying in 1derland!

thats what i had... a sinus headache but the next day it was back again with a vengence... the $30 I paid for the 30 min of massage would have bought a lot of tylenol

Gonna pack my gym clothes today and force myself to go workout.... set the clock last nite so i could get up at 5 am and walk but the alarm never went off!

Gonna be a long.. long day for me today I have 60 cases for court

Last edited by curlylocks; 09-24-2007 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:13 AM   #334  
Staying in 1derland!

Did you guys hear that loud shriek this morning @ 7 am? that was me, after I worked up the nerve to step on the scale........ I have one thing to say... THE CARB PARTY IS OVER! these past months have proved to me that I can never eat carbs again... I have not been over-eating just making bad choices and eating major carbs .. and I am up to, geez I am even embarrassed to post this number ---------> 248

Back evil carbs!!!!! cuz there is no way in **** I am gonna let myself cross that 250 line again... Time to put the nose to the grindstone! and get it in gear...

ticker adjusted.....

Last edited by curlylocks; 09-24-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hi guys. We had some terrible weather this past weekend. Tropical Storm Jerry visited and I wanted to crawl back in bed and hide. I did get a few things done but not much. Also, not my best eating, but not my worst either. No sugar involved.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #336  

Aww curly I think I heard that yell all the way in chicago! I know you can get back to it. At this point I'm happy if I'm just maintaining and not gaining. Don't forget every little bit helps!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:15 AM   #337  
Staying in 1derland!

I did some major braking yesterday, got my carbs under 30 grams and me and chai did a 2 mile power walk ... man am i sore this morning!

i am implementing some new rules... in bed no later than 9:30, my goal is to get up at 5am but so far Ive just kept sleeping till the second alarm at 6.

I need to get up early enuff to do my walking in the morning cuz I just dont have enuff time in the evening.

I wonder why its harder to get re-motivated than it was to get motivated the first time? burn out?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:28 AM   #338  

I don't know Curly but it is definately true. I turned in a whole stack of paperwork for my new job and they brought me a new stack to fill out. I hope we are just about done with this. I've been invited out to dinner tonight with the psychiatrists. Yeah, like I need to be going out to eat. Why do so many social events involve food?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #339  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

hey girls

things are settling down here finally. I've stopped working the 12-14 hour days- now is about 9 hours each day. I'm really enjoying going in a little later, drinking coffee and listening to Lee talk with the old guys (i call em that) on the HF bands of the ham radio. NOW I need to motivate some exercise into the mornings.

I'm finding some tasty recipes in the dLife site. If you haven't heard of it, it's a great information site for diabetics with a really good recipe section in it.

Summer is hanging on. We have had fantastic indian summers every year since I've been here. Up in the upper 80's the last couple days... YAWNNNNNN. Makes me sleepy lol. If I remember right Oct. is one of our nicest weather months. (In Seattle, Oct. sucks!!!)

Curly~ Kick those carbs A@@ GF!

Petra~ Paperwork is a pain huh?!?! Keep the final payoff in sight. Every time you sign your name, just think of how happy you will be when you start the new job. lol AND when your happy, you will be able to focus on your personal goals better too.

Val~ GJ Maintaining! I feel the same way right now. My morning mantra seems to be ' Please don't let me have gained' hehehe.

Lisa~ heyyyyyyyyyy come out come out whereever you are!!!! How are you hangin' in?

All of you have a great night/day/week/whatever

Dee~
Old 09-26-2007, 07:11 AM   #340  
Staying in 1derland!

1 down.... 72 lbs to go
Old 09-26-2007, 07:30 AM   #341  

curly-that's how we all do it. 1 pound at a time.

I went out to dinner last night with the psychiatrists. They forgot to mention one very important fact about this gathering-it involved a drug rep. I don't do drug rep sponsored events. this turned out to be kind of awkward because the whole thing was arranged sort of in my honor-for people to get to meet me and here I was offended by the whole drug rep. situation. I didn't make a scene and we found a compromise. I paid for my own meal and didn't eat anything that was paid for by poisoned pharmaceutical money. This drug rep also got a quick education about what to expect from me when I get in my office. Everyone was very nice. I think I'm going to enjoy working with them. I got some information about other things like personality traits of the doctor whose practice I'm taking, details about how to involuntarily commit patients in the community (we do it a little different in the VA). One thing did give me a big shock. I knew that there are a lot of new drugs on the internal medicine scene that I am not up on because that hasn't been my focus for several years. Last night, I found out there is a new psych drug that I don't know about because I live in this little enclosed world at the VA where what we prescribe is tightly controlled. It actually kind of scared me because I realized that working there will only make me further and further behind on the advances in medicine over time because they control everything you do in order to control costs. I could see after several years at the VA it might be difficult to leave and return to the community because you have lost touch with what standard practice in the community is. It also may explain some of the crazy things I have seen at the VA since I have been there-what appears to be sloppy work to me. Maybe people who have just been at the VA too long and don't know what current standards are. They still have an obligation to keep up with education but it isn't the same. Enough of this topic.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:14 PM   #342  
Staying in 1derland!

Perhaps you could be the "winds of change" Petra? bring in some fresh ideas? oh wait htis is the government we are talking about!!

day 4 of being OP ... amazing in just four days with out sugar and carbs my skin looks so much better! yesterday I guess my body was fighting back for the sugar and carbs cuz I had a little blood suagr issue... my blood sugar dipped down real low.. I guess my body just had to re-adjust to healthier food and the lack of sugar...

I have discovered the "dieters #1 " weapon for now huge dill pickles, yeah I am sure all the salt isnt good but for now they fill me up.. so I am not craving or hunting carbs and sugar..

also went back to plan A- eating a granny smith apple at lunch bulky food to fill the tummy

OH P.S. I have found something I dont like eating everyday... plain tuna but its really good for ya so onward................

Last edited by curlylocks; 09-27-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:14 AM   #343  
Staying in 1derland!

246 this morning! that calls for a celebration!!! hmmm think i will have some yummy tuna for lunch! I am all registered for my class I hope they had enough people sign up so that they don't cancel it again!

Have a great day!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #344  

I have been busy filling out stacks of paperwork for my new job but I think I'm done now. At least I hope I'm done now. I think hiring a new doctor is worse than entering a new country as an immigrant. I did a lot of cooking yesterday. I made this multigrain porridge for breakfast. Cooked wheatberries for the first time. Then made a salad with millet for lunch. Also the first time I cooked millet. I also hear that humans don't eat millet much in the US. It is mostly used as bird seed LOL. However, it is commonly used in asia. Then I made a stir fry for dinner. I should be set for a few days. I only have 1 more week left at the VA. And lucky for me, we are actually going to have an extra doctor on the unit so I won't have to take any new patients-just work on discharging the ones I already have. Should be a low key week for me. Next week I'm going to a conference in New Orleans for several days.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:24 AM   #345  
Staying in 1derland!

I spent the weekend writing papers for my classes... one professor gave us a 5 page paper to write, 10 essay questions, and a test... one good thing tho .. i didnt have time to eat! now tonight I have a paper to write for another class thats due at midnight!

Last edited by curlylocks; 10-01-2007 at 06:24 AM.
Closed Thread