3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 12/4 to 12/10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/99249-sugarbusters-weekly-support-board-12-4-12-10-a.html)

Melf 12-08-2006 01:19 PM

Missy, good to hear from you too.

Thin, enjoy your Nutcracker run while it lasts! Our kids grow up tooooo fast.

I'm afraid I had some cookies with the grandsons last night when we went to see Santa, but cut back to a very skimpy supper to make up for it. Also cutting back today because we have a Pastor's Appreciation Banquet tonight & DH's company Christmas buffet tomorrow night & I sure want to be able to partake there because it's catered & always sooooo good. I will however try to strict myself where ever possible.

Well it's not much today but I have a friend that died earlier this week whose grandson & son were in Iraq so they held the wake till this evening & funeral tomorrow am. So I may not be able to check in much the next few days.

Stay warm everyone! it's still just 40 degrees here at noon & expecting about 24 in the am. Yikes!!! That is cold for this area & then when you mix it with the gulf humidty it just cuts to the bone.
:wave:

Ellen 12-08-2006 03:07 PM

Hey, everyone! I am back from North Georgia and the studio. It was not a hugely productive week. I got BOB's mugs done, and now they have to dry and be fired so I can glaze them Tennessee orange for her! ;) We had a kiln disaster...two large pieces blew up in the bisque fire and took out everything around them, which was just about everything in the kiln. I lost Solly's piece, and three or four Christmas presents. My partner lost a bunch of stuff too. She felt bad because she loaded it and ran the firing, and I felt bad because the pieces that caused the mess were mine. Oh well, you win a few and lose a few.

I have to go shopping for the concert tonight, then get over to the church and try and clean things up in the fellowship hall. I feel a bit stressed about it. The girl singing wanted to move the concert to the sanctuary, but they laid a new tile floor this week and we can't walk on the tile yet. What a mess!

James started his new job today. He is driving to Augusta, Columbia and Charleston SC, and will be gone until Tuesday. His birthday is tomorrow, and I feel a wee bit melancholy that my baby will not be home for his birthday...for the first time in his 28 year life! :) I am so happy for him though...he is so excited about the job, and he will be able to afford Christmas presents now, which was worrying him earlier.

I need to go find some lunch and go to the store. I will check in later. :wave:

ThinWithin225 12-09-2006 11:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm going to try this...These are pix from the Nutcracker. Rachel is the dancer with the crown on your left. I am the one in the white blouse.

Attachment 24341

Attachment 24342

Attachment 24343

techwife 12-09-2006 12:51 PM

Thin: What a beautiful ballerina you have!!

Just a quick check in. I LOVE MY JOB!! Never since I've been a hairdresser have I been so stoked about cutting hair! They have a really nice system going adn all the stylists I've met so far are great to work with. I go in today at 3pm and I am all dressed and pretty much ready to go. Kind of pacing to get out of here. I'm going to go early to go to the beauty supply and buy a new pair of scissors. :D

Will chat again tomorrow!!

Kris

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 12-09-2006 01:36 PM

OH THIN....SHE'S A BEAUTY!!!! Wish you could tape the performance and put it on here!!!! When is the big day?

KRIS...GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!

I'm fixing a big pot of veggie soup...I've got the soup bone in the pressure cooker now...It was like 39 degrees here overnight...Brrrrrrrrr

BOB

ThinWithin225 12-09-2006 10:24 PM

Tech-Thanks! Of course, I think she is beautiful too!!

Bob- We just got in from our final performance..Whew! We are ordering a dvd so I'll see if my tech savy son can do something with it. Maybe upload it to google video or something!? He wants to get into video editing, here's his big chance!!

Off to bed now~:wave:

Ellen 12-09-2006 11:27 PM

Hey everyone! Tom and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant tonight. I did eat a few chips, and had a taco, an enchilada and a poblano chili relleno. Not too bad...I could not finish my stuff, so I gave some of it to Tom. Once we got home, we watched the Pride and Prejudice that came out recently with Keira Knightly. It was ok. No where near the quality of A&E's P&P, however. I was happy to watch it, but have no desire to see it again. A&E's version on the other hand, I have watched all six hours of at least 20 times. :yes:

We went and cut a Christmas tree today. What an ordeal! Getting this crew up and out is like pulling teeth....painful! We were much later than we intended to be, and it was so frustrating! We did get a pretty cedar though, for a fairly good price. It was from a tree farm very close to our older daughter's house, up near Gainesville. It has to be the most conically shaped tree I have ever seen! haha! It almost looks like a cartoon style tree. Very triangular.

THIN: Awesome! Rachel is a beauty with such a big smile! And how wonderful to put a face to you! Thank you for posting the pictures.

TECH: That is awesome that you love the job! I got a package in the mail today! How thoughtful you are! And talented! They are beautiful!

BOB: Hand over the recipe for the soup in the pressure cooker...I am always looking for ways to use my pressure cooker you know! :)

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 12-10-2006 01:15 AM

Monet, didn't make the soup in the PC, just the soup bone for about 40 minutes. I threw in a package of stew cut beef to have more meat. Cooked it in beef broth (97% fat free), threw in three or four cut up onions, more beef broth, large can of crushed tomatoes, large can of whole tomatoes (mushed them up with my hands) 4 cans of (no added salt) VEG-ALL and a package of soup mix (for the extra flavor). I let it simmer for about two hours, and OH MY GAWD...it's SO GOOD!!

THIN...That would be wonderful if he can figure out how to get it on the net for us to see! She looked so lovely in her costume. How did she do with the performance?

BOB

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 12-10-2006 11:14 AM

Getting ready to take Kate to get her hair washed. She can do that, but if we did it here there's the danger of getting water in her eye. After that I've got so much to do...I probably won't be around this afternoon.

MONET....Instead of shipping those to me, I'm going to give you my almost SIL's address to send them to. He'll be there for Christmas...

BOB

Melf 12-10-2006 02:50 PM

Didn't do too bad last night for the Christmas party. Served once, small plate, no desserts. I have GOT to find a scale to get a weight soon. I'm pretty sure I will see a loss.

We're off to see a play in Lafayette. See ya'll later. :wave:

Ellen 12-10-2006 05:25 PM

Its been a bit of a lazy day here...except I went to the grocery store. I don't like shopping on Sundays, but I just couldn't get it together to go last night. I spent too much, and probably got too little. I got a ham, and cooked that for dinner today. We had ham, spinach and I made boiled potatoes for the rest of the crew. We are about to leave for church. We just got in from a walk. It was pretty nice out, the clouds were incredibly beautiful. It is supposed to turn cold Tuesday, I think...so it was nice to get out and enjoy the outdoors before it does.

Time to leave! Later! :wave: