3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 12/4 to 12/10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/99249-sugarbusters-weekly-support-board-12-4-12-10-a.html)

Ellen 12-03-2006 10:02 PM

Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 12/4 to 12/10

:welcome: Welcome to Sugarbusters! :welcome:

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too! :)

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...67#post1488167

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread

ThinWithin225 12-04-2006 10:27 AM

Where is everyone!:shrug: I may not be on much this week. We have Nutcracker rehearsals today and tomorrow then performances Wed-Sat!!

My parents are coming into town on Friday to go to a performance. Then, I am going to get back to eating and exercising on plan!:running:

heartmom 12-04-2006 12:49 PM

Hey, guys. Well, I had 1 illegal meal on Saturday. It was a double cheeseburger and large order of steak fries from the truckstop. But I really was strict with my eating otherwise. I even exercised every day. I weighed myself yesterday and it was at 163 which it was the day before. Well, yesterday I just wasn't hungry. All I ate was 2 chicken breasts and a SF ice cream bar for the day. I get up this morning and weigh and I'm up a pound. Go figure. 164 is still below my ticker weight but I saw 163 for 2 days in a row. I am a little puffy in the face today so it's probably just a little fluid. I think it was a delayed reaction to the cheeseburger and fries from Saturday night,lol. I'm going to see what I weigh tomorrow morning and reset my ticker. Is anyone else going to post on the exercise board this week? Come on ladies...even if it's only 15-20 minutes. Jackie- that's awesome. You may have been retaining more fluid than you thought. I always know when I retain, it shows up in my face the most. Which I hate because my eyes get all swollen and puffy and little. The crease in my lids just disappear. I also feel it doing my workouts. I can do the same workout but say I'm swollen a couple pounds the next day..it takes more out of me to move that extra weight. Alright, here's my menu:

BF: protein shake
Snack: 14 almonds
Lunch: big salad with veggies, a chicken breast, and salsa ranch dressing.
Dessert: lite yogurt
Afternoon snack: 14 almonds
Supper: cheeseburger on lite wheat bun, side salad

I estimated my calories to be around the 1300-1400 calorie range.
Alright, we're shorthanded and it's getting busy...check back later.

Melf 12-04-2006 01:12 PM

Good morning!
I know I haven't posted here the last 6 months or so but I'm really trying again & thought I'd check in with my old SB buddies. I've not been eating well all these months & I have gradually regained all my 60 lbs that I had worked so hard to lose. My scale is broken & I have no idea what I weigh right now. I'm going by the fit of my clothes & feel like I have dropped a few lbs over the last week or so since I'm back on track. The hardest part was to get the mindset that I COULD do this & that I WANTED to do it. Having passed that hurddle, I'm really trying to eat right but do not have the energy to exercise yet. I'll work on that. Hope to check in again later.

Heart, sounds like you're doing great with maintaining your weight. That's great!

Ellen 12-04-2006 01:20 PM

Greetings! I have been running around all day, trying to get some stuff done. Why does it feel like I am exhausted, but have accomplished very little?? Sigh... We have a meeting tonight for the elders and their wives, and I am taking dessert. I told them I would bring something 'diabetic friendly'. I bet they are all expecting something dull and made with artificial sweetners. Ha! I made my famous cheesecake with some sugar but mostly agave. I made the crust with whole wheat flour, too. I hope it turns out well...it usually does, but I tend to worry! :)

MELF: Good to see you ! You know getting on here helps keep you on track, so stick around this time!

HEART: I did post on the exercise board..just not much! :o I would get out and walk today, but it is dang cold! If I can wake up enough, I will do the WATP one or two mile.

Later! :wave:

Melf 12-04-2006 01:22 PM

Thanks Monet, I'll surely try my best.

Ellen 12-04-2006 10:42 PM

Wow...another slow day in SB land...

I just got in from the meeting. It went well. The cheesecake I made was popular...even though I think I could have cooked it a bit longer. One of the husbands took the leftover of one of them home to serve their company tomorrow night. Silly man! I had a smaller cake I made that we did not touch, so my kids will get some of that. :) And I may even eat some for breakfast. It is not at all sweet....

I am feeling very tired and a bit cranky. I need to crawl in bed real soon. I hope to see more of you tomorrow! BOB? SOLLY? TONI? FLUFF? There sure are a lot of MIAs!

ThinWithin225 12-05-2006 10:00 AM

Do you think that some of the MIA's are due to power outages associated with the big snow/ice storms?:snow4:

Solly 12-05-2006 12:00 PM

I'm here, but not for long. It was crazy yesterday and will be that way for awhile. I am off Thursday & Friday. DH & I are going shopping (for me) and other things I need to finish. Friday we are going to Versailles Ky to the Woodford Reserve Distillery and having a nice lunch. They have these fancy lunches every now and then. It should be fun.

Got to the gym last night and should get there tonight. Hopefully we can get up early Thurs & Fri and go too. Sunday we are going to an Italian rest for my DD birthday so I know that will be off plan. If one day is my only slip, that would be great.

Thin, good luck with your performance. I know you will do great.

Melf, So glad to see you back. Hop you stay with us now. It is all a mind game, when you come to that realization and get yourself in the right mind frame, you can do this. Good luck.

Monet, have you ever made Deb's cheesecake (assuming that is the one you made) ahead of time and froze it? I thought of doing it for Christmas, but would like to get it done a week early.

Heart, why are burgers and fries our biggest enemy. That is my temptation too. Since doing WW, we have been eating potatoes (measured and counted) and fries too. It has helped. One day off is not bad. You had a great week, you can do it again.

Last night for dinner we had a new recipe which was great and legal. Got it from Krafts foods. Pork chop and pear sauce. You browned the chops in a little ovv, took them out and put 2 T of balsmic vinegar and rosemary and onions and garlic in the skillet for 3 minutes. Put the chops back and added 2 T of b vinegar, can of pears with juice ( lite juice) and simmered them. They were so tender and a different meal for a change.

Tonight I am having some type of chicken in a foil packet. Let you know how that turns out.

I heard from Missy and her DH's cousin was killed in Iraq. He is having a hard time and could use lots of prayers for him and his family.

Got to go, hope to check in tomorrow, but may not have time. If not see you Monday.

Ellen 12-05-2006 12:29 PM

Hey everyone! I am waiting on James to get out of the shower. We are heading up to Dick Blick to get some supplies I need for my private art lessons I teach. It is a looonnggg way to go, but it can't be helped. :( There is not a place closer that carries what I need.

SOLLY: No, I do not use Deb's cheesecake recipe. I have a recipe I have used for years that I adapted to be legal. I see no reason why you can't make any cheesecake ahead of time and freeze it. Just wrap it well. Have a great weekend. We will miss you the rest of the week! Check in if you can. Thanks for letting us know about Missy and Terry's cousin. I will be praying for them.

BOB: Where are YOU???

TECH?? How about you? What's up? Did you start the job today? How was it?

:wave:

heartmom 12-05-2006 12:39 PM

Hey, guys. I changed my ticker. 20 #'s till my goal weight. I do feel better now, not for sure if it's because of the weight loss or if it's because I feel motivated. Maybe both. Here's my menu for the day:

Pre-bf: grapefruit
BF(was running late): 2 boiled eggs and sliced turkey
Lunch: Big tuna salad with veggies, salsa ranch dressing. Crave Control yogurt for dessert
Snack: tangerine
Supper: probably 2 bowls of chili with beans and light sour cream

I WANT TO SEE THOSE 150's!!! Okay, I feel better now. Patience is not a virtue of mine. I know that slow and steady is the way to go. A couple pounds a week would be good. Oh yea, my DH brought home my ultimate fave last night(Peanut M&M's) and I wasn't even tempted...he ate them,lol. The board always slows down this time of year and then it will pick back up next month. I always get tickled about Walmart. They set up this big thing in the center full of baking stuff and whatever related to the holidays. Come the first of January they will take it all down to put up health and diet foods,lol. Alright, I have a customer...

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 12-05-2006 06:07 PM

I'M HERE!!!! EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

Yesterday was my first day back to work and believe me when I got home, my big old arse was dragging behind me!!! My computer was dead in the water and I waited until 2:30 p.m. for it to be returned! Had I known that, I wouldn't have gone back until today! So, I had over 800 emails to go through and some phone messages and then NADA!!! I got maybe an hour of work done.

Today was a little better and I was busy all day. But I'm ready to go to bed!
I've gotten in the habit of staying up late and sleeping late and both Sunday and Monday night were fitful sleeps. I'm sure it will take me a while to get adjusted and back in the grind!

So FORGIVE ME for no replies...I promise I'll be better!

BOB

techwife 12-05-2006 07:31 PM

Just a quickie with no replies...will do them tomorrow.

First day on the job. I watched about three hours of videos, and got to do one haircut. I got a $5 tip, so that's a good sign...a nice older man that came in with his wife, daugther and grandson. But, I had a great time, anyhow. all the girls are about 15 years younger than I am (at least!!), but I think I'll fit in fine.

My Sabres game is on in a minute, so I gotta run! Will be back tomorrow...don't go back to work till Friday. I LIKE this schedule!! Something to do, make a couple bucks, without it taking over my life!! What could be more perfect?!

Melf 12-05-2006 10:21 PM

Another good day with my eating. Still not drinking enough but did better with that too. I'm off to bed.

Solly, thanks for the vote of confidence. I really do lack in that area, but I am thinking more positive these days about eating right & the reasons behind it.

Ellen 12-05-2006 11:01 PM

I am excited! My son got a call this afternoon from the manager at the company he has wanted to work for. They asked him to come in tomorrow for an interview! I am praying it goes well, and he gets the job. It may be part time, or even temporary, but the job is perfect for him, so even a few months of it would be nice. He really needs to start work, since I am getting to the point that I can not help him out any more with bills like his cellphone. He lives here, so he has food and shelter, but doesn't have a car. This job has an office close enough he could walk in a pinch. He mostly would need to travel, and he would love that.

Dinner tonight was a large bowl of broccoli/cheddar/chicken soup. It was really good...perfect for a cold day. I had some grapes, and a slice of legal cheesecake for dessert. ;)

Time for bed! Sweet dreams everyone!

MELF: It sure is good to see you posting!

TECH: I am glad the first day went well!

BOB: Gosh, I had gotten so used to you being home, I forgot you work! ;) Missed you...don't get lost on me.

HEART: WOo! hoO! Way to go on the loss! I am glad to hear you are so motivated! Send some my way! ;)