3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 12/4 to 12/10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/99249-sugarbusters-weekly-support-board-12-4-12-10-a.html)

Melf 12-06-2006 11:44 AM

I've never been one to plan a menu ahead of time, at least not more than for the next meal. When I'm home alone I often don't know what the next meal should be so I quess that's not always a good idea.

Yesterday I had a delish low carb microwave muffin that I found a recipe for which consisted of 1 egg, 1/4 c. almond meal/flour & 1 Tbsp SF syrup, 1 tbsp butter & 1/4 tsp baking powder.

Lunch was a sandwich.

Last night I cooked venisen & pork together in a gravy, brown rice & some speckeled butter beans DH grew in the garden. It was really yummy.

I had oatmeal for breakfast today & 2 cups decaf coffee.

Not sure what lunch will be, but I think I'm doing ok & it's been 1 week since I'm back on track. I need to find a scale pretty soon so I can have some idea of what I weigh, but I do know my clothes is not nearly as tight as it had been!~

techwife 12-06-2006 12:24 PM

Just a quick check in...I just got back from coffee/breakfast with some of my friends around town...just in time for lunch :fr:

Melf: I've never been much of a menu planner, either. In my case, I just try and have tons of legal pantry items around to work (canned black beans or cannellini beans, WW pastas, brown rice, etc) with and plenty of fresh produce to have with it and frozen meat in the freezer. Having plenty of apples or pears or other snack-type fruit around is always a plus. Its GREAT to have you back, by the way!! Do we need to nail your feet to the wagon? ;)

Monet: Good luck on James' new job prospect. I dont' know who to be happier for, him or YOU! :lol: Your cheesecake sounds WONDERFUL!!

Bob: 800 emails is a LOT!! Did you get any actual work done today? :lol: Any of the productive type, that is?

Laurie: You seem to have really dug your heels in!! Keep up the good work!!

Solly: Be careful that the Italian restaurant doesn't trigger a holiday-wide slip up. You're right, one night of carb heaven is okay as long as it sticks to that one night. What happens in the Italian restaurant STAYS in the Italian restaurant... ;)

Anyhow...I have to go clean up the house and have some lunch...will talk to you guys later on...

Kris

Ellen 12-06-2006 02:10 PM

WoO hOo! :dance: He got the job!

He was hired as contract labor until early next year when they will be hiring a few permanent employees. Right now, they have enough work to keep him busy all month. The pay is really good, plus all expenses paid as he will be traveling all over the country! He starts with a three or four day trip to North Carolina, and will probably be sent to New York, Chicago and California before the end of the year. He is so excited, he is talking my ear off! :lol:

I just had a big bowl of leftover broccoli cheddar soup. Kaeleb is very fussy today...he may be teething already, poor thing. Life is otherwise hunky dorie around here. I have my private art student in about an hour, and need to think about what I am fixing for dinner before she gets here.
I want to fix something easy, as I won't feel like cooking much once she leaves.

:wave:

Solly 12-06-2006 03:10 PM

No time to chat, just wanted to say hi and have a great week and weekend.

Monet, congrats to James

Tech, hope the job is working out.

Heart, ;dance: great job, keep on going. I want to see the 150's too.

Bob, that's a lot of emails. Get some rest.

Got to run.

heartmom 12-06-2006 03:42 PM

UGH!!! Last night I was suppossed to make the chili. Well, Robby got off early and he made it...with deer sausage! Deer sausage and me do not get along because of the high sodium content. I was expecting to see a loss this AM and instead a 2 pound gain showed up. That really put me in a bad mood. This is the best I've been in a long time. I'm eating legal, watching my starches, watching the calories, drinking tons of water, and this is my 10th straight day of exercise. And I gain. Yes, I know it's fluid and not actual fat but it still takes time to lose and sets me back. I know it will pass but I'm just aggravated at the moment. Today was my 1/2 day since I work 1/2 day on Saturday. So I cleaned up, made tonight's supper, did some laundry, and did the 4 mile WATP tape before coming in to work. Now I feel like crashing. Here's my menu for the day. I've increased my protein because it helps get rid of fluid.

BF: protein shake made with water
Snack: boiled egg
Lunch: I made an open-faced turkey burger(no cheese or mayo) using 1 sl Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat bread, onion, and tomato. Had a cucumber and vinegar on the side.
Snack: will be 2 boiled egg whites and a slice of turkey
Supper: pork roast, green beans, and squash

The scale better be a little kinder tomorrow or it's getting the sledge hammer.

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 12-06-2006 04:55 PM

Y'all need to remember that I was home from work for two months! So that's really not a lot...most of them I could delete

I did get some work done yesterday and today. They gave my duties to someone else while I was gone so I've got the crap no one wants to do. I'm doing the ALL of the accounts that are 45 days and over. With United healthcare, I could do my whole job from their website....with this...I've got to be on the DANG PHONE all the time! My Boss did tell me that she is thinking about giving me the AETNA accounts. THEY HAVE A WEBSITE!! :)
We'll see. She wants me to work on these accounts this week. There are WAAAAYY over 1000 accounts that have never been worked...UGH!!!

I'm off to fix some supper. I'll check in later~!

BOB

GatorGal 12-06-2006 06:08 PM

Hello everyone. Welcome back to me! :)

Just wanted to check in and say "hi."

Eating has been good and I have not been counting calories or anything. Just trying to stay very aware of being hungry or satisfied. I probably am on "maintenance" for when I lose down to my goal. I am thinking of getting more strict calorie wise after we get back from our trip to Williamsburg for Christmas. I have some food plans that I wrote up about a year ago that have up to 30 gms. fiber, no sugars, lower fats and plenty of protein at about 1300 kilocalories per day. When things are more "normal" after the holiday season I'm thinking of starting on that. I don't want to sabotage myself with our weird schedule and meals right now. However, I am sticking to whole grains and no sugar so am happy about that.

I'm pleased to see everyone doing OK. Melf, welcome back. Nice to see you here.

Tonight we are having WW spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce and salad. Yum. Have a good evening and happy sugarbusting.

Toni48 12-06-2006 07:49 PM

Just a drive by. So sorry I've not been on. I'm doing so lousy since Thanksgiving and feeling so crappy because of it. Even my house is out of control. Everything goes haywire when I'm not in control of my eating. I'll try to post more and get back on plan. Hugs all.....:stress: :elf:

Ellen 12-06-2006 07:57 PM

Evening everyone! I had a blast with my little private art student. She is a sweet kid...kind of weird, but then most artsy kids are. She is VERY smart. I think she enjoyed the silk painting a lot. Her piece is drying and looking pretty good. She had a few places where the dyes ran too much, but it still looks pretty nice. I think she is going to give it to her grandmother. We may make another one for her to give her mom.

Dinner tonight was a beef and veggie stir fry. I used nappa cabbage, asparagus, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and onions. I did not eat any rice, but left it all for the guys. I did have a slice of my diabetic cheesecake for dessert. It was very filling and now I am fighting my nightly quease from the Byetta. :bleh:

GATOR: Nice to see you posting. Williamsburg at Christmas I bet is pretty. My cousin lives right off the main old street there. You might walk by him and not even know it! :) I have a friend who lives in Hopewell who I have gone to visit a number of times and we always would go to Williamsburg for the day. We would stop at a restaurant in an old house called something like the Sasquahana House. Great ambiance! Food was so so...

BOB: Hope you can get that other job you wanted. Any word on that?

TECH: When you are done cleaning, come help me!

HEART: Patience! It will come back off! I need to try the two mile WATP. I have it...just have not needed to use it yet, since I enjoy walking outside. It has just gotten too cold, so I plan to use the dvd's more.... I bet the 4 mile one really kicks butt!

I need to go finish up Tom's lunch and snacks for tomorrow. I feel kind of yucky, but it has to be done. Tomorrow, I head up to the mountains, and will be working on BOB's commission. I have two others to complete...as well as Solly's. Lots to do!

:wave: Talk to you all Friday, if I don't get back here before then!

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 12-07-2006 01:25 PM

Hey EVERY BUDDY!!

I'm home this afternoon after getting a butt load of work done this morning.
Kate is having eye surgery this afternoon. She has been plagued all of her adult life with retinal detachments and the last one she had didn't hold. The Doc is doing something where he has to remove all the jelly in that eyeball
before he can correct the problem. UGH!!

I'll check back in a little later.

BOB

heartmom 12-07-2006 01:51 PM

Hey everyone. I'm in a little better spirits today. The scale was back down,lol. 162...so the fluid and finally a pound down. So it's taken me 4 days to officially lose a pound. That kinda sucks. I'm used to losing it faster. Maybe I've just reached that point where it will be slow. Long as it is steady I won't complain too much. Yesterday, I drank so much water my eyeballs were floating. You guys know that I normally drink a ton of water anyway. I did my workout this morning. I have to go in early the next 2 days. I plan on getting up before 5 tomorrow to do a 30 minute. But I may skip Saturday. MONET- The WATP tapes burn more calories than just getting out there and walking because your using more muscles. Tomorrow I'm going to use her 2 mile deluxe. It's a little dated but it uses the WATP moves plus aerobics. Alright, here's my menu for the day:

BF-was a protein shake
Snack: 2 boiled egg whites and a slice of turkey
Lunch: I have a big salad made with LS tuna, a little cheese, a whole boiled egg, and veggies. I put vinegar on it because I'm trying to skip the salty dressing. But if it tastes like doodie, then I'll add some dressing.
Snack: 8 almonds and yogurt
Supper: I'm not sure. They're eating leftovers. I think I will eat a scrambled egg and mayo sandwich

I've been trying to type this for 2 hours! Guess I better go.

Melf 12-07-2006 04:32 PM

Hi everyone. It's cold here in Cajun Country today. The wind cuts right through you. We're taking the grandsons to see Santa at DH's work place about 5pm. They do that each year & take pictures, give them cookies & milk, a little gift & last year they gave us an 8X10 picture of the 3 of them taken with Santa. I hate to get out in the cold, but don't want to dissappoint them either soooo....

I went with DD to her doctor visit this am to get the stitches out & get her work release. The pathology report said NO CANCER this time. We're sooo relieved. She had the right thyroid removed Feb 2005 & it was Papillary Carcinoma. At that time she also had several small nodules in the left. By this summer they were growing & found to be larger than they wanted, so she had the left thyroid done last Monday.

We stopped at Chick Fillet after the appt to get her some breakfast but I refused anything. I had a 1-carb muffin for breakfast, low carb soup & a wrap for lunch with turkey/cheese. 1 satsuma & a cup of red raspberry tea since then. I was wanting something to snack on & I found that DH had a couple of oatmeal snack cakes left in a box on the cabinet. I reached in the box, pulled one out slowly then looked at the info on the box & found that it was 370 calories & 30 gms of sugar. I almost dropped my teeth, put it back in the box & fixed a my cup of tea. I am so proud of me!

Hi Gator!! Hi BOB, Toni, Monet, Solly, Heart & Techwife!! Stay warm everyone! It's suppose to be 26 here in the morning. BURRRR!!

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 12-07-2006 06:46 PM

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

Just got KATE home from the hospital. She says she is in a lot of pain, but she has taken a pain pill and the nurse told her to take another one when she goes to bed. I have to have her at the Drs by 8 a.m. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC!!! Then I'll go on in to work after that.

She said she didn't see the Doc after surgery so she doesn't know everything that was done. I'll get to hear that in the morning and the instructions. I'll let y'all know.

BOB

fruitloupe 12-08-2006 07:18 AM

Hey Friends...

Hope all of you are doing well....I haven't been around in a while and I miss y'all! Terry has been playing on the computer lots which is unusual so I don't have as much time in the evenings!

My eating has been terrible....I just can't help myself. I'm hoping to wake up one day and say - OK - this is the day!!!

Terry's cousin was killed in Iraq Monday (NARDA, MELF, and SOLLY already know this - thanks again for all of the prayers.) It's really sad because he was a single father of a 4 year old beautiful little boy. We are waiting on the body now - the funeral should be next week.

MELF: SO good to see you back on the board!

Well, I'm off to wake up Alexis! TGIF!

Missy

ThinWithin225 12-08-2006 10:57 AM

Hello from Nutcracker world!! I am still hanging in there. Two nights of rehearsal and two performances under our belts now and two more to go. I woke up this morning with very puffy eyes, probably due to tiredness! At least tomorrow's Saturday and we do not have to get up as early. YEA!! My parents are coming into town to stay with us for the weekend and will be attending tonight's performance. I have been OK so far as far as nerves go, but find myself getting anxious about tonight because I have so many coming to see Rachel and me! Rachel has been doing beautifully and the director has a snow machine so it actually "snows" onstage while they are dancing. It is awesome! I am going to see if I can let Sean try out his photography skills tonight and get some pics for me to post. He will have to make due without a flash, so we'll see how it goes!