Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 06:37 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 11/13 to 11/19

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...05#post1470205

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 11-13-2006, 06:44 AM   #2  

Default Challenges!

Happy Holidays Challenge!

No cheats!
Exercise!
Drink your water!

Old 11-13-2006, 07:46 AM   #3  

Good morning! I have to cook for the leadership at church tonight, so it will be a busy day. The menu is SB friendly...chili, salad, cornbread and brownies. I will leave off the cornbread and brownies. The chili is meaty, and not too hot.

MMM- don't forget today is Metal Monster Monday... I am down 1/2 pound! Finally! I am not going to change my ticker until it is a whole pound though. I sure was pleased to see that this morning. I weighed three or four times, hoping it would go down the other half, but alas, it just would not comply with my wishes.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:29 AM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi everybody!!

My scale is still broken (my mom says, "that's what happens when you throw it out the window!! ), so no MMM for me. My jeans are still fitting the same, so I don't expect it would register a loss anyhow...

I've done the WATP - 3 miles 3 times this past week. I really like it. I work up a sweat and don't have to rearrange my living room to do it. I like how I can 'feel it' in my lower back and hips...which is where most of my added weight sits.

We had new carpet installed this weekend, so I have a ton of putting things away to do today...NOTHING is where it should be. And, while we had the living room empty, Derek asked me if I wanted to plan a new arrangement for the room and I said, "I'd do ANYTHING to get rid of that darn computer table.' Really, it is such a catch-all and an eyesore. So, we ditched the Mac. Now I have the PC in the kitchen, so I'll be spendign less time on the 'puter...which is a VERY good thing for me. I spend waaaay too much time chatting and waaaaay too little time crocheting, reading, watching the Food channel or cleaning up...OR spending time iwth the kids. So far, its been nice.

Okay...off to start cleanign...and finish my oatmeal....
Old 11-13-2006, 12:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

We had a great day at the track. Won a little money, so that was fun. We wne t out for a nice dinner afterwards. Gotta blow that money right away.

I had to work on Sunday most of the day, so that was yucky. Then had to get to the store and produce mart. Then I had to clean my house.

Monet, unfortunately, I cheated this weekend. Once I start, I blow the whole weekend. I have to figure out a way to not eat the whole thing. I think if it is there, I have to eat it no matter if I want it or not. I am very upset with myself today and trying to do some serious changes. We will see.

Tech, Glad you like your carpet. If you spend less time on the computer, you will be spending less time with us :sad: I have the 3 mile tape, an older version, but I really like it. It's a good workout.

We really need all our people back. So if you are lurking, pop in.

Got to get busy, have a great day
Old 11-13-2006, 12:22 PM   #6  

Hello; Well here is a whole new week. I've got to get busy on the holiday challenge. Hopped on the scale today and stayed the same. I could have done better last week so I'm pleased with no gain. I had oatmeal for breakfast and walked on my treadmill so I'm all set for a good week. Heres wishing everyone luck on a good loss this week.

Monet- Congrads on the loss. And thanks for the encouragement.

Techwife- Way to go on the WATP.....

Solly- New week so here we go girlfriend!!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:06 PM   #7  
Addicted to potato salad!

Word of warning for all those that get new carpet: When you vacuum...be sure to EMPTY THE BAG EVERY FEW FEET OR SO! My gosh...I can't believe the FUZZ I keep vacuuming up!! I almost blew up my vacuum cleaner!!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:26 PM   #8  

Tech- Yea for new carpet! I would love to have new, unfortunately it is not in the budget right now. We made the mistake of putting in a light beige when we built and it was very pretty for maybe two weeks. What color did you get?

I am expecting TOM, so no MMM for me! I went to Nutcracker practice with Rachel on Friday and long story short, I am going to be the grandma all four nights. Also, I thought I was just going to walk on stage and be grandma right? Wrong! Come to find out there is quite a bit of acting involved plus a short dancing bit with Drosselmayer(sp?) in which grandma throws her back out. it should be fun, but somehow the steps do not come as easily as they did 20something years ago. Reckon why?

Monet- It looks like the temps are headed down again in North Ga. Bundle up if you're headed out to throw clay again!

I am just trying to get through this week then we are out for the entire week next week for the holiday! No more ball games, no dance for the week, nothing! I cannot wait! I have the Christmas spirit bad (we watched Elf last night! ) and want to get some shopping done. Sean wants a psp for Christmas and Rachel wants an ipod. We've explained to them that if they want something that expensive they won't get much else! But being mom, I can't deal with them just having one little thing under the tree , so I think I will get a couple of cheap itunes cards or something for them and wrap them with some rocks or something in a big box! I have somethings for Rachel for her stocking, lotion, bath stuff etc, but I have no ideas for Sean's. Any ideas for a 14 yr old boy?

Have a great week everyone!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Well, I guess I already blew the challenge. I was doing good until I got my purse stolen along with everything including my checkbook, credit cards, drivers license, all our SS cards, insurance cards, 300 in cash, my new makeup and frizz cream I just bought, hairbrush, my brandnew pink Razr cell phone, etc..So needless to say my eating wasn't the best yesterday and the scale reflects. But it's over and done with, today is a new day and I'm trying to sort thru getting everything straightned out. I also started the day out with a good workout(4 mile WATP) so it should be off in 2 days or so. I was actually down a pound(164) before yesterday so we'll see. Customer, gotta go!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:37 PM   #10  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY~~~

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! NO HUMIDITY...THE TEMP WAS IN THE 50's THIS MORNING and shouldn't get any higher than mid 70's today!!!

I'm ashamed to say that I didn't get up until NOON today! I've not been sleeping well and when I do get sleepy, it causes me to sleep in! I really think I've got my DAYS and NIGHTS mixed up!

I'm off to do some more laundry...I just can't get things caught up. You would think there are 40 people living here!

I'll be back a little later!

BOB
Old 11-13-2006, 02:20 PM   #11  

Heya,

Just put me next to Solly. I blew the weekend BIG TIME. I feel sick from the sugar. Somebody smack me.

My weigh in with my friend is tomorrow morning, so I'm hoping I didn't blow everything. I couldn't go to the Y today because Jacob is sick.

Monet- Keeping fingers crossed that the scale keeps moving that direction I made chili and cornbread yesterday for 4 new moms at church.

TEch- I have a computerdesk in my room that is aweful too. I need to get rid of it.

The kids are downf or a nap so I'm going to go do my bellydance workout video. Talk to y
Old 11-13-2006, 04:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick check in. Hoping we get lots of posts this week. We have a guy coming to give us an estimate on our tile for the bathroom and then it is off to the gym. Pork chops for dinner. It will be so dark when we start to grill. Hope DH can tell when they are done.

Toni, I have having a "new week" every Monday so my challenge is to stay 100% OP thru the weekend. Good job getting the in and done with.

Thin, how exciting to get to be in the Nutcracker. I'm so impressed. What kind of costume do you get to wear? Boys' stockings are hard unless they have a hobby or something. I struggle to find something to put in my SIL's for St Nick's day. I usually end up with McDonald gift certificates or golf balls.

Heart, Oh my gosh. That is a lot of stuff in one purse, not to mention the $300, credit cards, etc. Have you recovered any of it? Good job getting your tape in already.

Bob, you had better get your days/nights straightened out now before you go back to work and have trouble sleeping.

Talitha, consider yourself (along with me) smacked. I th ink I need more than a smack. My own challenge is to get thru the weekend OP.

Have a great OP evening.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #13  

"Granny" is wearing the latest in Christmas past fashion!! A long purple velvet skirt (picked up at our local goodwill), long sleeved white blouse and a silver shawl. I have some silver earrings and I'll pull my hair up. That's all I have so far.

For you band geeks out there, Sean's high school band halftime show is on videogoogle dot com. Search for creekview and click on the 2006 Creekview Marching Grizzlies. I think it is around 11 minutes long. On the first song "Hard days night" he is the fourth from your right, then the remainder of the show, he is second from right. The shortest sax player!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:22 PM   #14  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING BUSTER BUDDYS!!

Just got through with supper..Liver and Onions..

THIN...I'm so there to watch...BAND will always be DEAR to me..those were the best years of my life and I will CHERISH that memory. Tell Sean to really dig in and enjoy! I always looked forward to the competitions
and we always did well!
I know Rachel is getting excited..tell her GOOD LUCK!!

JACK...What did your DH think about the RUTGERS game? I couldn't believe they lost...just ONE KICK AWAY...and
Wish I had seen the CATS Makes me sweat to think we play y'all on the Saturday after

OOPS...There are BIG BLACK EYES and a WAGGING TAIL begging to go out!

I'll be back in a little bit...

BOB
Old 11-13-2006, 09:27 PM   #15  

Hey everyone! I just got in from the church dinner. It went fine. I made the cornbread with whole wheat flour. I was SO mad! I had purchased a two pound bag of stone ground whole wheat pastry flour at a mill up near Helen Georgia. I brought it home, put it right into a tupperware container, and it has been there, unopened for about six weeks. I opened it this afternoon to use it in the cornbread, and it had weevils in it! Yuck! Thankfully, I had some other flour to use. Harry's Whole Foods used to have a grind your own Wheat Montana machine, where I got Prairie Gold white whole wheat flour that was awesome. Unfortunately, since they opened their new, 'state of the art' store, they stopped carrying the Wheat Montana. The other whole foods has it, so I may see if I can get them to carry it at mine. I miss the grind your own..it was SO nice. The price was good too...but I am willing to bet if they got it again, the price would double. I am not a fan of Whole Foods right now.

It has been a long, emotional day. There are some things going on at church that are big changes, and they were unveiled to the leadership tonight. I knew about it already, since Tom is an elder, but it was still draining nonetheless. I need to check my bg, since I did not take my Byetta again today. Hopefully, it is not too bad.

I will check in in the morning!

Night!
Closed Thread