Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 08:43 PM   #31  

Tech- I'm going to join you in "lots-of-posts" land. Yes MIL loves her family fiercely and is like a mother hen, but sometimes I just have to let it go in one ear and out the other.

I had my ballet class again tonight and we definently worked harder tonight than we did last week. I can feel it in my butt and thighs, but that will firm it up, right???

I've been trying to think of all the reasons I want to lose weight and I have several. Hopefully I can just remember them when the time comes to make a choice about what I'm eating or not I'm going to try to make it op one week starting tomorrow and see what happens. If I feel good and have lost a few pounds then maybe it will motivate me to keep going. Who wants to bet I actually lose one or two if I stick with it?!? One of the old mind tricks might work!~
Old 08-15-2006, 08:43 PM   #32  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Pals!

I had a good eating day today. I just find the meals I’m fixing this week have too many carbs. I feel like I’m on carb overload – that’s probably why I’m not taking more off!

The kids this week have been better so far. I really have some disturbed little ones – seriously – they are disturbed – diagnosed and all! It’s really sad to be so young and have so many problems. Yesterday, I had my friend who is my aide come to the front of the class and just watch them so she could see what I see while I teach. I’m like seriously teaching about sentences and one kid is just licking each finger from top to bottom. What is that? And as for nose picking….don’t even go there! I’ve got more nose pickers this year than ever! Gross!

THIN: I have no willpower or motivation. I’m just trying to take one day at a time right now and it’s so hard. I wanted a double cheeseburger from BK today so bad – but I didn’t do it. I can just taste it in my mouth! MMMMM! I’m proud of myself for passing up BK but I really did want it and I don’t think I would have felt guilty if I would have done it!!

GATOR: WTG on the 4 pounds – that’s awesome! I’m glad to hear renovations are just about complete! Party time is just around the corner! What’s your LSU item?

MONET: Don’t you go spoiling that baby too much when you babysit!! HAHA! Right! I used to have 4 drinks every weekend so yeah – that was better than before I guess you can say – since I don’t drink on the weekends anymore!! I really think that’s why I’ve lost 20 pounds since we got Alexis – we don’t go out! We do go out to eat though! As for me being awesome – I hope it didn’t sound like I was tooting my own horn – I didn’t mean it that way. But, as I sat back and thought about it – that’s a big task when you only have 1 day off of work and no supplies!! HA!

TECH: Girl…good luck with the interview! It is very nice to be off for holidays and the summer. I know the aides don’t make crap here – in Louisiana – I think our aides bring home about $700 a month. So , gross salary isn’t much more than that. They don’t get paid by the hour I don’t think – I think it’s salary. Best of luck!

SOLLY: Who are you watching at the ballpark? WTG with squeezing in some exercise! You are doing great! I told Terry today that I should probably be taking some type of vitamin – I’ll have to get some. I didn’t bleed as much today so hopefully that is coming to an end! As for the margaritas, I haven’t tried that mix. I really don’t drink much at home – I’m more of a social drinker that likes to get tanked! HA! So, as for drinking while just lounging at home….doesn’t tempt me at all! But I will look for that mix. I’ll keep an eye out for the SB pizza too!

HEART: Sounds like you had a good day of meals planned – how did you do?

TONI: I have to admit – it is very tough being a foster parent and working period! You have meetings that you have to go to and if parent visits are unsupervised – you have to bring them there too. Fortunately, I have a wonderful social worker that picks Alexis up at daycare and brings her to her visits. I just have to pick her up afterwards – which is right after school so it works out perfectly. We are always getting calls to take in more kids but we just can’t do it – if I didn’t work – I’d have more but it’s just too much with all the extras that you have to do.

TALITHA: Girl….sounds like you have wonderful friends. I’m going to come eat at your house for a few nights! Why no car? Is it in the shop? I would be scared that something would happen and I wouldn’t be able to leave to get where I need to go! I hear ya on having snacks handy. If it isn’t all cut up – I’m heading for the snacks that are – which are usually unhealthy! If you do decide to foster – make sure your kids are old enough to handle disappointment! You get so attached to the kids you take in and then they take them away – it’s very hard! Hopefully, we don’t have to do that with Alexis. I talked to my social worker today and she said that the family still has done nothing – which is great for us. Hopefully they continue on that path – the more they screw up the better things look for me and Terry!

Well, I’m caught up for now! I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow!!

Missy

Old 08-15-2006, 10:56 PM   #33  
Little Engine That Could

Fruit--Lsu= paired with another team in: Golden Baked Eagle stuffed with Tiger-style hash (twice cooked and very tender)
We play Auburn this year, so we have two teams called the Tigers. The Golden Eagles are Southern Miss. That will be totally deboned whole chicken (actually roaster) stuffed with a sticky rice Chinese style stuffing and then baked with a soy type glaze. It is wonderful and a beautiful mahogany color.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #34  
Addicted to potato salad!

Gator: Do you have a Buffalo Bills menu? Chicken wings maybe? Sorry, I'm just feeling left out up here
Old 08-15-2006, 11:07 PM   #35  

Just a fly by to say sweet dreams my friends. I feel like I was running all day and yet I accomplished very little. Is it my age, or what? I did not get a walk in today, then it rained and thundered so I did not get in any water aerobics either. I am missing my walking...but it has been so hot, I just can't seem to get my butt out there. And my sleeping late this morning did not help.

Anyway, until tomorrow!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:05 AM   #36  
Bustin' Buddy

GATOR: Too cute!! I'm coming over with my LSU gear on!!
Old 08-16-2006, 09:35 AM   #37  

Arrow

Ok ladies. I added my fitday link to my ticker. I'm sure the calorie count is off a bit, but it's a start. I need to work on getting more protein in, I did notice that. But, like I said before, I'm jsut trying to keep things convenient enough to keep from eating too much junk! I've caved some, but not too badly.
I had several visitors for lucas yesterday, and they all brought food!! My refrigerator is never this full!! We got a breakfast casserol, tons of fruit, organic yogurt, 2 dinners that can be frozen. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever need to cook again!! It's so great! ANd I must say, convenient timing financially. We're spending only about $30 a week on groceries, and that's been for my fruit and veggies, whick are more than overstocked now!! Yippie!! Now that extra $$ can go to fixing the car AGAIN!

DId I mention that Lucas is up to 9lbs 13 oz, from 8lbs at birth? Pretty good for 2 1/2 weeks! Here's a picture of him at 2 weeks old.

Old 08-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #38  
Addicted to potato salad!

Talitha: You have to give me your address so I can send you a little something I made for Lucas...it's almost as beautiful as he is!!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:14 AM   #39  

Talitha- What a cutie patootie!

Monet- Did you hear about Big Canoe last night? The golf club there got hit by lightning and burned down. For those of you that aren't here in North Ga, Big Canoe is a large upscale subdivision. Almost it's own community!

Tech- Good luck on the job! My job is like that too. I work 8-2pm and off all holidays and summer, unless there is a CPR class I have to take or something. They figure out what we make in a year and cut it into 12 equal paychecks. It's nice in the summer, you don't even step foot in the school and you still get paid!

Fruit- I'm glad school is going well for you. I know what you mean about the disturbed ones. We have a first grader this year that keeps trying to run away from his classroom!

I had a nsv last night. Craig had bought me some berry wine coolers a couple of weeks ago. Bless his heart, he knows I like them. He bought two brands, one of which I do not care for as much as the other. Well, last night I came in from my dance class and decided to try one. I took a couple of sips and it's just too watery. I thought "Why am I drinking this? It's not good and I'm sure there is some sugar in it?" So I poured the rest of it out and had some crystal light instead. I was proud of myself!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just a quickie, I have amillion phone calls to make.

Went for Mexican, did good, DH didn't feel like going to the gym so we walked 3 miles. Better than nothing I guess.

Sorry, no time for posts, maybe later, but I have to address a couple"

Talitha, Lucas is so beautiful. So well rounded out and beautiful coloring. He's a keeper.

Gator, OK now I am feeling left out, where the Wildcat menu???

Missy, nose picking. I hate that. My DD is a social worker in the schools. She gets more kids every week. IT is so sad. Now she is going back to school to get yet another Masters in teaching so she can teach the EBD classes.

To everyone else :hugs: I'll try to be back this afternoon.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:58 AM   #41  

Morning! I got a walk in this morning. It was nice...I headed out and my next door neighbor was out waiting on the bus with her 4th grade daughter. She was all suited up for a walk, so we walked together. We are going to try and go on Thursdays together since that is her only morning free. She teaches at a tech college the other mornings.

Breakfast was cereal and kefir. I ate too much. I spent an hour reading information on my med, Byetta. I think I have a bad pen of it. I am tempted to try the new one I got and see if it is better....my bg levels are not as good, and the appetite suppressant effects are not working.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #42  

Good morning- Just getting my butt in gear. Got my walk on the treadmill done and ate my bowl of shredded wheat and bran with a half banana on it. Now just to down a few more cups of coffee. LOL.... I thinking about making some sour dough starter. My DH wants me to real bad. Found some good sounding bread machine recipes for ww bread yeasterday, might try one today. We had stir fry last night and it was so good. I used a chicken breast for the meat and then tons of vegetables. Guess tonight will be burritos on ww shells.

Talitha- Oh my gosh Lucas is a doll!!! You've got to beaming with pride. How wonderful to get so many good meals and snacks. You must have a wonderful group of friends around you.

Monet- You could send some of that rain this way. We're so dry here. I found the lara bars on line and sent for some. It will be nice to try something different.

Fruit- What a handful you have! I laughed about the nosepickers.... Good for you passing up the cheeseburger! I finally got my DH to take the hershey bars to work this morning. I wanted them so dang bad....

Solly- Wow now a 3 mile walk would be like a miracle to me!!! Good for you getting it in.

Thin- Way to go girl on passing up the wine cooler!! To me thats learning will power. I always believed will power was a learned skill.

Gator- Your party sounds like a blast. And what allot of work you've done. On top of getting your house ready. I'm sure it will be a success.

Tech- I hope when Talitha gets the afgan we get to see a picture of it.. Thats wonderful of you to make it..

Bob- A howdy do to you!

Well guess I need to get busy. Since I'm still in my p. j.'s. Have a great SB day......
Old 08-16-2006, 01:07 PM   #43  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

I didn't close my eyes all night and decided at 6:45 a.m. that I was staying home today. Kate wasn't too receptive if the idea since I've missed so much work, but I knew that if I went, by 10 a.m. my eyes and head would be down on my desk!

I feel like a slug, but hoping that I can snap out of it. My hips are killing me from the sitting position that I evidently had myself in all night. Feels like the center of my pelvic bone is broken...hurts that bad. When I eat, I'll take a Motrin 800 mg and see if that relieves the pain and aches!

TALITHA....OH..MY..GAWD that CHILD IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! You'll have to beat the girls off with a stick later on!

KRIS...On the HAIR CUTTING SITUATION Check around and see what the prices are and come down any where from $10 to $15 in price and charge these people this price. Even your Aunt...this is YOUR TIME you're giving up!

MONET....Any new pictures of your new MUNCHKIN???

TONI...Way to go on the TM~!!!!

THIN...you should be down this way. We are the LIGHTENING CAPITAL OF THE US!

GATOR...I'm putting on my VOLUNTEER GARB and showing up SATURDAY NIGHT!!! Remember.....I know where you live!

MISSY...Glad the kids are settling down for you...it takes time for them to get used to not having Mom around...As you know, it's a written rule somewhere for kids to see just how far they can push their TEACHER!!

JACK...I guess GATOR could fix some BLUEBERRY PIE for the KITTYS!!!

Did I miss anyone?....I'll be back later...Have to go to the Drug Store!

BOB
Old 08-16-2006, 05:27 PM   #44  
Sonya

Hi everyone,

My weekend was filled with total rebellion on my eating...birthday cake, potato salad, baked beans, a sonic western jalpeno burger with onion rings...you name it I think I ate it this week. Total disaster . But I am buckling down again and I'm going to be good!!! I don't want to gain back all that I lost that was hard work and I still have lots to go. The garden is drying up fast we haven't had any rain in weeks. All thats left thats producing is okra, I cut up and put 5 quart bags in the freezer nite before last. My voluteer canalope vine has produced on one fruit and its still green but huge. We are getting ready for open house at the girls school tomorrow. They can hardly wait. Then school starts next week on the 23rd half of Ashleys Pre-K class goes on the 23rd the other half on the 24th. Then they all go on the 25th. Plus Friday is Ashleys birthday . She will be 4 I just don't know where the time has gone.

Talitha-If that boy gets any cuter we will all have to come and protect him..

Bob-Hi there. Woman you need some major sleep going to pray God gives you rest. Bring the wagon back here I fell off.

Monet-Yes it sounds like you got a bad pen of med. Hope you get everything worked out.

Solly-3 miles...I just wish I was walking that many. Its so hot here that you can hardly breathe.

Heart-Hi there this has been a bad week of eating for me and I'm trying to get a handle on it. Hope your week has been good.

Toni-Hi

Fruit-Hi, Hope the kids settle down for you. Nose pickers...yyuuucckky!!

Thin-Hi

Tech-Hi

To anyone I missed have a great day!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:48 PM   #45  

Hello Everyone:

Yes, I am alive, and don't even know where to start. I don't know why I thought I'd have more time to post in the summer; we have been soooo busy!!!!

Life is good, but very busy. I stay so busy with two; I don't know how those of you with more do it all! I know I bring a lot of it on myself, trying to keep the kids busy, but.....

I am going to try to post at least once a week during the school year, and not feel obligated to do all the personal posts. At least not for a little while. Britt starts school on Monday, and Lane will go to preschool M/W/F mornings after Labor Day.

I've been pulling out my hair trying to deal with my strong-willed youngest child. She is so quick-witted and causes me to stand there with my mouth hanging open half the time with the things she says. I can't believe she just turned 4.

First of all:

CONGRATS TO MONET & GATOR'S DAUGHTERS ON THEIR WEDDINGS IN THE SPRING!

CONGRATULATIONS TO TALITHA ON THE BIRTH OF THAT BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY!!!!

AND CONGRATULATIONS TO GRAMMA MONET; I'M SURE YOU ARE AN AWESOME GRANDMA! WE'D LOVE TO SEE PICS; DID YOU POST ANY YET?

I DON'T THINK I EVEN CONGRATULATED KEN ON THE BIRTH OF HER SON YET EITHER....CONGRATS JULIA.

To everyone else: I hope you've had a great summer and are ready to buckle down and lose some weight before the Fall/Winter rolls in.

I have gained about 3# this summer with the vacations we took, and not being able to work out as much as usual (I'm up to 123#). I will get back into a better workout routine when Lane starts school.

I've given into the sugar urge and can't seem to shake it; I'm working on cutting it out again!

I have lurked over the months, and have tried to keep up with everyone, pretty much. I just can't remember everything right now for individual posts.

I know someone mentioned willpower and struggling. I subscribe to lots of motivating magazines and try to read about other successes and positive info. I read an article lately where someone said, "Never sacrifice what you want most for what you want in the moment." I also read recently, "If you don't make time for your health now, you will have to make time for your "ill" health later." Those are the things I try to think of when I am tempted to eat something I shouldn't.

I've gotta go get dinner started, but wanted to drop in and say HELLO to all my SB buddies.

I hope to make some more personal posts down the road!

Take care, and God Bless!
Nat
Closed Thread