Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #61  

Good morning! I started it out with a good walk/jog. I had breakfast- a strawberry smoothie and espresso- and I am ready to face the day. I did not sleep too well, but I don't feel like I am dragging yet. I probably ought to do some cleaning while I feel energetic!

LADY V: Do you exercise? I find I DO sleep better if I am exercising regularly. Even just mild walking helps. How are you feeling other than tired? Is your diverticulitis improving? Do be careful with the diet. You have been through a lot with it, you want it to heal well.

I am going to try and get something productive done...later!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:22 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. Yesterday I missed work to stay home with Boogie because he got the stomach bug. He's still pale today but at the babysitter's. TOM is here and I am feeling like a blowfish, not to mention that my weight is WAY above my horrible ticker weight making it HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!! Time to really buckle down cause I can't stand feeling this FAT! I posted my exercise on the board and am planning to exercise this weekend as well. I got to get out of these 170's ASAP. Someone mentioned the HOODIA- I spent $30 on the stuff a couple of months ago and it does NOT work at all. It's like I wasn't even taking anything. I figured it would be okay if it worked because it's nothing but cactus but it's a total waste of money. The best thing to do is eat sensibly(SB) and get in some exercise, drink water. The old fashioned way. Alright, here's my menu for the day. I was running behind this morning so all I did with the chicken breasts is throw them in the crockpot with alot of salsa. Maybe they will turn out okay. Especially if I top them with some cheese and sour cream when I get home.

BF- Atkins LC bar(with no sugar alcohols)
Snack- yogurt
Lunch- legal Lean Cuisine and probably a spoon of PB
Supper- mexican style chicken, green beans, salad or raw veggies with dip(Mac N' Cheese for everybody else).

Alright, I'll check back in later...
Old 06-23-2006, 12:32 PM   #63  

Good morning girls,

Just got back from Curves and am done for the week. I have a friend coming on Monday to walk with Buddy and I, and then on Wednesday a few of us are planning on a 6 mile walk in Deer Park. Because of Colleen's (I have only known one other girl named Colleen my whole life, and now at Curves, there are 4 of us!!) work schedule we will now be walking on Mondays and Wednesdays. And will be doing Curves on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. We are going to set it up so that we will travel to each others houses each week. So one week everyone will drive to my place on M and W, and the next week we will drive to someone elses place. This way we are taking turns traveling, and get to walk different routes.

I didn't get the fruit room cleaned out, so that is my project today. But I did get all of the weeding done including all the long grass that grows around our garden fence. For those of you that have fences, you know what I am talking about. I hate that tall grass that you can't get to. I took the edger and edged both sides and then pulled it all up......quite a chore, but it looks so nice now. I am still babying a couple of blackberry bushes. I cleaned out all around them too, and I have the wounds to prove it. Those things have the wickedest thorns!!

Okay, time for me to get busy! See you all later........

Toni-- Hello, nice to see you.

Country-- I sure wish I could find somewhere around here to pick blueberries. I love blueberries. I do pick huckleberries when they get ready, but they sure are not as big and sweet as the blueberries. I would love a big bag of them!!

BOB-- Ride early in the mornings.....then it is much cooler!!

Monet-- YOU MISSED THE PEACHES???? I would kill for a nice juicy Georgia peach!!! Last year when we went over to Seattle to pick up Bill, we stopped in Ellensburg and picked up a box of peaches, 7.50 for a 24 pound box!! (picked in Yakima). They were the best peaches that I have ever tasted. So when we go this August to pick him up again, I am planning on getting two boxes!! I had forgotten that you have blueberries, I am sorry that they are suffering from your drought. We were having just the opposite, too much rain. I do remember that you love raspberry jam, and my bushes are loaded!! I am going to have twice the berries that I had last year, and last year I had a lot. So I am sure that I can manage a care package when they are ready.

Divii-- Welcome to Sugar Busters. We are glad to see you, and hope that you have great success with your new way of eating.

Heart-- Don't you just hate that bloated feeling. When I have TOM I am up a full 5 pounds and feel like it's 20. My stomach looks like I swallowed a watermelon, and feels like I swallowed a whale!! Fortunately, I only have them for three months, then skip three months now. Can't wait until they are completely gone!!
Old 06-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #64  

Well, add an apple and a spoon of PB to my menu. I ate that about 45 minutes ago and now my stomach is literally growling. What gives? By the time the day ends I may have added a couple of items to my menu,lol..if this keeps up. Going to keep it legal though! Alright, gotta go.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #65  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON BUDDYS!!

Just got back from taking Kate to the Dr. She's had a bout with cellulitis and has been on a strong antibiotic for the last two weeks. The cellulitis started just under the knee on the calf side and at first I was scared it was the start of a blood clot. The cellulitis is gone from that area and what is very confusing, it moved down her leg and has now settled on the side of her foot. Her Doc has given her another weeks worth of samples (the script for two weeks was $145 ) He's good that way. He shares when he can. I have been lucky and have never had to buy any blood pressure medicine (it's close to $100 generic per month even with my drug card).
She was hungry when we got home so I've fixed her a couple of burrito's and she's settling in for her afternoon baseball game.

THIS WEEKS MOVIE PICKS:

PACK OF LIES (1987) Ellen Burstyn, Terri Garr

A GOOD WOMAN Helen Hunt

CAROLINA Julia Stiles, Shirley MacLaine

This is my third day after Surgery and believe you me...the old saying correct that the third day is the worst. I'M SO SORE TODAY THAT I COULD HARDLY TOUCH MYSELF to clean the area...The good thing is that good ole DIAL soap does the trick when it comes to healing and keeping the germs at bay!

Since I'm still moving pretty slow, I have no plans for the weekend. I do need to go to the grocery and pick up a few things..and of course, some laundry...good thing about being home this week is that I've been able to keep everything at bay in that department. I still can't figure out how two people and a little dog can have so much laundry~!

DIVII...WELCOME TO OUR LITTLE CORNER OF THE BOARD!! I follow the 5grm rule most of the time. We really need to get COLLEEN, JACKIE, or Laurie to answer this question since they have both lost 100lbs following this plan. Maybe one of them will jump in here for their point of view~!

LADYV...hope you're feeling better. Are you still grooming? I'm sure that gives you some exercise. Glad you're back!

COLLEEN...Like I said, I love to ride, but even the early morning this time of year is just as bad as any other time of the day. Fall and Winter are about the only time you see any bikers out (except the die hard competitors) Have you ever had a South Carolina Peach? I prefer them over GA Peaches..They are so good and sweet!

MONET...I wish I had a pool. I love to swim. I'm almost tempted to join the YMCA (3 doors up the street) just to do that. I've got a phobia about other peoples pee though...I know a well filtered and taken care of pool should take care of that, but I just can't seem to get by that...

I'm off to find some lunch...

later

BOB
Old 06-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #66  

I'm going to post while the computer will let me. It's been wierd since Tuesday when my DSL went out. I spent 2 hours on the phone with support and they got it back up running. THe problem is ANY site that is secure WILL NOT come up. From my online banking to my Arbonne consultant log in. It's ruining my week, I tell ya!!!

FOr somereason it's letting me on here today..

We had our home visit on Wed and it made everything seem real.

A home visit is when the midwife for your homebirth comes to your home to walk through and visualize how everything will go. We go over people who will be there, where the birth pool will be. Who will take the kids, who takes pictures, who catches the baby.... EVERYTHING! It was so exciting to have them in my house and really picture how things will work out. It was so peaceful and calm. I started this whole homebirth thing becasue I jsut felt right about it. The more I learn and the closer I get, it's amazing how much more NORMAL it seems than my hospital births. I know it's not for everyone, and I'm not trying to push it on anyone. It's just amazing how much lower my stress level is. More than I ever expected.

I ahd my appt with my backup OB this morning. Not dialated at all, but I'm not worried. I didn't dialate till I was actually in labor with the others either. I sju wish his head would engage or somethign to make me feel liek things are getting started.

BUT I DID LOSE 3 LBS SINC ELAST WEEK!! So now I'm back down to 15 lbs total gain, which is smack between my gain with Selah (14) and JAcob(16). I'm assuming I may gain 2 or 3 more befor ehe comes. As long as I'm under 20, I'm happy.

I got to water aerobics once this week. I meant to go this morning and just didn't feel like getting the kids ready. My back was killing me. I was expecting to go swim at mom's house this afternoon for exercise, but she had a bunch of homeschoolers over. NOT interested in a pool party right now.

So, I'm going to try to walk more. I've been so lazy with JAcob being sick and then me. I'm ashamed to say I've been napping every day like a baby! I should be getting stuff ready! I think walking will help him to drop. I'm really anxious to knwo if he will come while my sister is here or not. She's only here the 1st through the 4th, so that's a pretty small 'window of opportunity'.

No replies, but HUGS TO EVERYONE!!!

Welcome to the 2 newbies!!!!! CAn't wait to get to know ya!! ALthough sounds like you've been here before LAdyV? It's ok, I've been in and out over the past 3 years, but it always feels so good to be back!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #67  

Hey, guys. Just another check-in. I had my Lean Cuisine for lunch and I'm hungry again,lol. Well, I don't have anything else around so oh,well. It will just have to wait until supper. I need to keep some nuts and fruit around here for when I get the munchies or like now. Well, back to work........
Old 06-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #68  

Good afternoon everyone! Sorry I was MIA today. A friend called me and said she was on her way over. They had been applying to adopt, and were declined for a very nebulous reason. She was upset and spent the day with me. Heck, *I* am upset. They would make super parents. We went to Harry's/Whole Foods and got some staples I was out of, then came home and I made enchiladas for lunch. Dinner tonight was an open face scrambled egg with cheese sandwich with tomato and organic strawberries on the side.

BOB: You really ought to join the Y! I can't imagine why you think others pee in the pool?! The sanitizer that is used in pools would take care of it immediately even if someone DID pee in the pool. I don't pee in my own pool, and I better not catch anyone else peeing in it...the dang squirrel dying in it was bad enough....

TALITHA: Wow...that is exciting! Its getting close! Its so hard to believe how quickly time has gone by! Well, to ME anyway! haha!

HEART: Sounds like your insulin levels are up from not eating SB for a while. Hopefully, sticking to plan will help get them down and the resultant munchies will disappear. I hope Boogie is all better...

TEENSY: Raspberry jam?! Yum! I need to check and see if the north Georgia peaches are still available. I know the south Georgia ones are gone. The strawberries we had with dinner were fabulous. Maybe I need to plant some....

I am feeling a bit peak-ed from my meds, so I am going to go lay down for a bit...

Old 06-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #69  

The kids and I had a garage sale today. We did Ok, in between the three of us we made about $60 . They are selling some of their older toys and books that they are no longer interested to make some $$ for vacation. I am trying to raise a few more dollars as well. We have nice shady area in our front yard where we currently have the swingset. The kids are too old/big for it now, so we are thinking of dismantling and replacing it with a picnic table and then moving the trampoline further into the shade. I think it will be great. I'm not sure how much one of the wooden tables is though. I would also like to pick up a couple of new saute pans, as the ones I have are non stick and the coating is starting to come off. We are having the sale again tomorrow and there just happens to be two other sales on our road this weekend, so maybe we can get rid of everything!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
Old 06-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #70  
LadyV

Height: 5'0"

Good morning all. Yes, I am still grooming at Petsmart, manager of the Salon SOOO much stress right now. New store opening and a couple girls I have trained are going to be transferred. I'm a good teacher and I teach properly. Won't even think of hiring anyone unless they are in it for the animals...NOT the money! Aaaaanyway...I train them and corp takes, so I am short handed and one of the new girls coming to my salon is so un-organized....blaa, blaa, grumble. I am trying to watch what I eat, which is hard, at least for me, until I can just get back full to SB. As to exercise...I try. I do like my air glide, I try to use it during a half hour show and try to do sit ups on the couch or bed. I have three disk jammed together in the end of my spine so I have to be careful. I hope everyone has a great day....I'm off to work....
Old 06-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #71  

Good morning! I am not feeling tip top this morning, but I am sure it will pass. Nausea has been minimal since I started on the Byetta. It is supposed to go away so I am not worried about it. The glucose levels and other effects of the drug have been very very encouraging, so I can put up with some nausea!

I don't have much going on today. I think I will clean out the fridge. Its pretty bad, so it will be a good task for me to get accomplished. I had planned to take a walk, but have puttered around and now it is probably too hot out there. I guess I will walk tonight and swim this morning. Its all good....

I am optimistic that MMM will be a good one.

LADY: That is pretty frustrating to be training folks carefully, then lose them to other stores. How are you feeling? (other than stressed!)
Old 06-24-2006, 11:12 AM   #72  

Good Morning.....

It is a beautiful day and the sun is shining again.....that makes 3 days in a row!! I got my fruit room cleaned out yesterday and got the back porch about half painted. I will finish it up tomorrow as we are going to my Aunt's place today for our weekly pot luck. They are leaving for a 2 month trip up to Alaska in a couple of weeks, so they are having all of us over. Buddy is excited, he loves to go with me now that he is my one and only. I am making a chicken salad with apples, grapes and walnuts......yummmmmm.

Monet-- Apparently we liked the raspberry jam too, I will have to make some more this year. We are almost out. I am after strawberries on Tuesday. Yummy!!

BOB-- I don't think I have ever eaten one from S.C. or GA, I just know that GA peaches are famous!! Most of our fruit comes from around here. Over in the Yakima area they grow all of our peaches, apricots, cherries, apples......etc..... Not even sure if they ship to us this far west. With the heat on its way here, I am going to have to start walking earlier in the mornings. We are going at 6:30 now, but will have to start an hour earlier when it is full on hot here.

Thin-- Good luck on your yard sale.....I wish I could talk dh into having one. He has got more junk out in our shop than any 5 men should have!!

Heart-- Have you tried having a protein shake when you are hungry between meals?? I can't believe how much they have helped. Most times they have become my meal replacements because they are so filling. I buy my mix at Wal Mart, and then mix it with my frozen berries that I have in the freezer. Very filling and full of protein. And full of fiber too when mixed with the fruit.

Lady-- If I were ever to go back to work, it would be doing something with animals......I am a full on animal advocate!!!!! My Buddy will attest to that.....

Talitha-- 15 pounds??? You have done a great job!! These last few weeks are the hardest aren't they? I remember them well!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 03:55 PM   #73  

Just a fly by...I just got in from Costco. They were demo-ing the natural sausages they carry. I tried four different varieties and all were awesome! I bought the pork jalapeno and cheddar, and the chicken basil and sun dried tomato. I intend to grill them. Yum!

Seems my Byetta has worn off already and my glucose level is up some. I did have a rather generous bowl of yogurt, fresh strawberries, walnuts and a handful of oatmeal squares. I am not going to be hungry for a while! I AM tired though, so I may take a power nap.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:21 PM   #74  

Well, it's over and we've cleaned up everything! I guess that's what I hate the most about yard sales. However, all together, the kids and I made a little over $100. So, not bad for two days of sitting on our rumps! Actually, I must have moved more than I thought, moving boxes and bagging items. I'm sore all over, but only a tired kind of sore, not like I hurt anything. The leftovers were boxed up and I will drop them off at the Goodwill this week. So now my basement is a lot more organized than what it was. I bet it will not take long for my "Yard sale" corner to fill up again though!

Bob- I'm glad your surgery went so well.

Monet-Hope the new med keeps working well and you keep feeling good!

Lady-Count us in as a pet lover kind of family! We have a wonderful "pound puppy" and three cats, one of which is blind. So it can feel like a zoo around here sometimes, but we love it!

Heart- I'm with you in needing to get back on the wagon. Some times I feel like a broken record with this!!

Sorry if I've missed some, but it's thundering and I need to sign off!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:41 AM   #75  
LadyV

Height: 5'0"

UGH I ate a piece of cake last night! I am having major morning guilts!Painting! I so want to get to my painting! We are wanting to get our living room, kitchen, shutters and garage doors done over the summer, it's hard to find the time. As to GA peaches! You better believe there the best! I lived in Atlanta for about 5 years...Buckhead. Ate a lot of those peaches LOL.
Off to work.....
Closed Thread