Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 09:42 PM   #1  

Wink Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 5/8 - 5/14

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...20#post1250320

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 05-08-2006, 07:10 AM   #2  

Smile Challenges!

Its a new week, so lets start fresh!

I got awfully lonely on the exercise board last week. Get in three workouts or more, and post it! Hey, if I can get in six days of walking anyone can do three!

I may sound self righteous here, but my eating was about perfect last week. How about yours? If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Commit to making every day a good day. One day at a time! If you are struggling, we are here for you!

Set a goal and a reward for attaining it. Make it a reachable goal, but one that will inspire you. Share it!

Old 05-08-2006, 07:26 AM   #3  

Default Mmm

Good morning! I start out the new week with a bit of a loss. I had despaired of ever losing again, so it is nice. After gaining ten pounds back with the medications they put me on, the two pound loss this morning was a very welcome sight. It just seems all that walking HAD to do SOMETHING! I got in over seven miles last week, plus jogging in the pool. It was probably more, but I am only counting official 'walks' and not the extra steps I add when I go shopping and deliberately walk from produce to frozen and back a couple times to get in more steps! Or from parking at the back of the parking lot instead of right by the door. Anyway, I hope I can see a loss at least now and then.

I am cooking dinner for church tonight. This is the last one until September. Last year, for this end of the year dinner, I fixed Beef Wellingtons, but they did not want to spend that much this year. I am fixing a Shrimp Stir Fry, Lion's Head (meatballs and nappa cabbage...very tasty!), rice, egg drop soup, almond cookies (which I just about burned! Forgot them in the oven...) and sliced oranges. I also have the teacher appreciation luncheon today, so I need to be excessively organized. I am not good at that, so I am trying to psyche myself up for the challenge!

Breakfast was simple this morning: espresso and an oat bran muffin.

I need to go throw on some clothes and get ready to go to the store for a few items I forgot. Duh! I hate being such a scatterbrain!

I will check in when I can! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I sure missed you all..the board was not very active at all.

Later!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:01 AM   #4  

Default Monday

Good morning everyone,
I don't like mondays, scale didn't make me happy, and my eating wasn't too bad, and I got lots of walking in over the weekend.
So, more exercise this week, and better eating is the key to this week.
There was a great car show this past weekend in Rhinebeck, and we went both days.
Off to work I go, hope to post replies and stuff later,
Barbara
Old 05-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies
Old 05-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #6  
Little Engine That Could

Barbara--Is that the Rhinebeck in NY? We were there several years ago on vacation and there was a really neat antique plane airstrip. We watched the show and went to the museum.

I didn't weigh this morning. Everything is a little confusing at our house now. We are sleeping in our bedroom, but that is about it. Our bathroom is not really usable because the shower is totally torn up and they are working in there, preparing the new shower. The other bathroom that opens out onto the porch is for the workers (there is not even a curtain on the window on that door!) so that's off limits for me so we are using the other bathroom. That, unfortunately has a leaking seal under the toilet, so everything is a little dicey here. The plumber came today to do the pipes in the new shower, so he will fix the seal tomorrow. Right now the water is turned off so I can't even get a shower after my walk.

I got my 2 miles in today as "official mileage" but probably will get my 10000 steps from all the walking around I do. I was planning on painting some tiles to be put in the new shower as little pieces of "art" amongst the regular tiles, but the painting place doesn't open until 5 pm. and I have French tonight, so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #7  

Something happened and it posted before I was ready

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm glad it's over. Went to the track both days. Friday, didn't win but I did have the Derby winner. In fact I had all three, just not across the board. Oh well, between DH & I we got back around $58.00. Not too bad for the weekend.

Now back to eating right. Except today we are celebrating a coworkers' 50th birthday and ordering pizza. Wed I have bunco at my house, but my menu is grilled chicken salad, hot bread. My dessert is angle food cake with pudding/pneapple/cool whip filling. So it is low calorie.

I think I was up 8 lbs today. Lots of water. Hopefully. I didn't get to take my diurectics like I should have this weekend.

Monet, congrats on your loss. We gotta take what we can, when we can. Hang in there. Your walking is great. I bet you feel better too.

Woodfrogs, I don't like Monday weigh-ins either. Have a good week and you will see a loss next week.

Bob, did you have the winner? I wondered if Susan had her party this year. I know last year, she didn't.

Hopefully I will get to the gym tonight and tomorrow night. Wed is out,but maybe Thursday night.

Got to run, have a great day.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #8  

Gator, we were posting at the same time. Sounds like a mess at your house. How long will this take? Good job on your walk.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #9  

Default Monday

Gator Gal - Yes, Rhinebeck in NY, and the Aerodrome is still there and still doing shows on the weekends. We plan on going after they open for the season, I haven't been in years.
Sounds like quite the bathroom re-do, I don't plan on doing anything to any of our bathrooms for a LOOOOng time(since we just moved in and they're lovely).

I have to pick up one of my sons from college later, so my execise today will most likely be unpacking more boxes, or planting stuff in the front yard. I can go walk on the TM for a bit tomorrow afternoon in-between work and the financial planning workshop that I'm taking. Wed and Thurs are shot. So Fri should be a good day....

Barbara
Old 05-08-2006, 12:05 PM   #10  

Just a fly by...I got in 4k steps so far just running through large stores picking up last minute items for tonight. I need to get better about list making and TAKING!

The teacher appreciation luncheon is in a few minutes, so I am off to that, then home to pack up and head out to the church for tonight. I hope I can pull this off, but it is going to be tight time wise!

I should have waited to post my loss for the week. I just hopped on the scale after I got out of the shower and it shows me down another pound and a half! I will take it!

Later, my friends!
Old 05-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #11  

I'm still here on my plateau, BUT I'll take it and not a gain!

Rachel left for her sixth grade trip to Washington DC this morning. I almost cried. I thought I was OK till she hugged me good bye. They just grow up so fast. They will be back on Friday morning and I'm taking a personal day so I can take her home to crash! I'm sure they will have a blast!

Hope everyone has a good Monday and great week ahead!
Old 05-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #12  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

TERRIBLE WEEKEND!!! NO JACKIE I DIDN"T HAVE THE WINNER!! I had drawn KEYED ENTRY in the office pool and the DANG OLD NAG LED THE WHOLE WAY FROM THE GATE....UNTIL...He turned for the stretch....then he went all the way TO 20!!! So, Mine is still trying to get to the finish line!!! But, the Lady who won the draw was happy with her $75 as was the 2nd place at $15 and the 3rd at $10...In all the years I've been doing this at work, I've never won a dime, but it's all fun and we enjoy and look forward to it every year. Now I'm getting geared up for the next two races...We'll see.

JACKIE..Glad to hear you had the winner..did you bet him because he was a longshot? Too bad you did do the big bet...I would have liked to have won that one myself! Now, you can get back to some kind of normal

SUSAN didn't have her party this year...I heard from her both yesterday and today. Her election is coming up and she is so busy. She said she was up until 6:30 a.m. on Saturday working on a project and actually saw the race through a fog! She said to tell y'all hello and is looking forward to the time when she can get back on the board full time. Her Dad is doing good and MS BELLE is back to her little KITTEN SELF!

BARBARA..I know you'll be glad to get the kids home for the summer..Good luck getting everything done before having to go get them!

GATOR..I'm anxious to see your bathroom. When you get it done, you'll have to take some pictures. I also want to see your porch..To me, it was big enough, so I can't begin to picture what you're doing to enlarge it.

THIN...Before you know it, Rachel will be in college. I know you don't want to think about that...hope she has a great time on her trip!

MONET...Your menu sounds wonderful! Save me some!!!

I'm off to fix some supper...I think baked pork chops..don't know what to fix with them, but I'll find something!

BOB
Old 05-08-2006, 05:24 PM   #13  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

SEF sent this to me today and I thought I'd share...it's cute!

Catholic Horses

One day while he was at the track betting on the ponies and nearly losing his shirt, Mitch noticed a priest who stepped out onto the track and blessed the forehead of one of the horses lining up for the 4th race.

Lo and behold, that horse - a very long shot - won the race.

Mitch was most interested to see what the priest did the next race. Sure enough, the priest stepped out onto the track as the horses lined up for the 5th race, and placed a blessing on the forehead of one of the horses.

Mitch made a beeline for the window and placed a small bet on the horse.

Again, even though it was another long shot, the horse the priest had blessed won the race.

Mitch collected his winnings, and anxiously waited to see which horse the priest would bless for the 6th race.

The priest showed, blessed a horse, Mitch bet on it, and it won!

Mitch was elated! As the day went on, the priest continued blessing horses, and they always came in first.

Mitch began to pull in some serious money, and by the last race, he knew his wildest dreams were going to come true. He made a quick stop at the ATM, withdrew his savings, and awaited the priest's blessing that would tell him which horse to bet on.

True to his pattern, the priest stepped out onto the track before the last race and blessed the forehead, eyes, ears, and hooves of one of the horses.

Mitch bet every cent and watched the horse come in dead last.

Mitch was dumbfounded. He made his way to the track, and when he found the priest, he demanded, "What happened, Father? All day long you blessed horses and they won. The last race, you blessed a horse and he lost. Now, thanks to you, I've lost all my savings!!"

The priest nodded wisely and said, "That's the problem with Protestants--you can't tell the difference between a simple blessing and the Last Rites.

BOB
Old 05-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #14  
Little Engine That Could

Hi BOB--We actually are not enlarging our porch at all. As you remember it was totally screened in, so when it was scorching hot, as in June, July, Aug. and Sept. it was not used as often as we would have liked. Simply too hot. Same with January--often too cold. So we are having all the screens removed and replacing them with big windows--72" tall and 12 feet wide--3 sets of them, plus one more a little smaller for the side of the porch. The windows will slide open, revealing 6 feet of screen per window, so we will have the best of all worlds. Windows open like a screen room for when the weather is great, and windows closed for when it is too hot or cold. We will have the room air conditioned so it will stay cool when the windows are closed. It is a lot of work because they had to put in support posts when they took the screens down. The inside will have small sections of regular wall, and they are puttin wall board up where the outside stucco of our house was on the old porch. They will also remove the sliding glass doors that went from our family room and also the kitchen onto the porch. So lots of changes, but no size changes. The biggest change you would notice is the landscaping, that has become really beautiful. The pond and waterfalls are really pretty. We had to have all that restored after Charlie. The big oak trees next to the pond were taken out by that dastardly hurricane and so we had to have it all rebuilt. We have less shade now.
The shower will also be the same size but will be much more modern. The tiles were looking pretty old, and the sinks in my bathroom had even started to rust. And I'm not a sloppy housekeeper. Just old age. So, we're just updating things a little.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #15  

Boy am I beat! Dinner went off, not without a hitch, but it was well received even though it was about 40 minutes late! I swear it was the best shrimp stir fry I have ever made. We forgot to serve the soup and most folks did not come back in for some when we announced it. I brought home about a gallon of it. My bg levels were so so tonight. I did nibble too much...

I can hardly stay awake. I am going to go crawl in bed, and sleep like a log I am sure. I have over 12k steps for the day and I never even took a walk!

So, sweet dreams my friends!

Closed Thread