Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When you started Sugar Busters initially, how many pounds were you wanting to lose?
Less than 10lbs 0 0%
10-20lbs 3 9.68%
20-30lbs 5 16.13%
30-40lbs 4 12.90%
40-50lbs 5 16.13%
50-75lbs 7 22.58%
75-100lbs 2 6.45%
100-150lbs 2 6.45%
150lbs or more 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 07:07 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 6/25-7/1

This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIP & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FIT FACTS

Please visit our NEWEST BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...4143#post34143

Please make sure you post your BIO on the NEWEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our JUNE 2001 RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...3617#post63617

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often-make sure to visit our newest board, MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS at the link below:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2365[/url

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=2359

and our newest board MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=5005

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=6793

WANT TO POST YOUR WEEKLY WEIGH IN INFO?? Go to the WEEKLY WEIGH IN BOARD below to post your stats!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...?threadid=6794

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit NEW REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!
Old 06-25-2001, 07:20 AM   #2  

WE HAVE ONE BIRTHDAY TO CELEBRATE THIS WEEK, and it's TODAY!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPARKLESCAMP!!!!! Hope your day is wonderful, Chris!!!!
Old 06-25-2001, 07:34 AM   #3  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Just a quickie to bring in the new week. Have to get out and walk before it gets too late and too hot!

It's MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY!!! Here's my contribution! I think it's really a good one!

MAKE YOUR EFFORTS COUNTS

The most tragic waste of effort is to do just a little bit less than necessary. When you stop just short of the finish line, all the work you put into getting to that point counts for nothing.

Yes, the going often gets tougher as you near the end. It gets tougher and it gets much more important. When you stick it out, when you see it through to the end, you end up with an accomplishment. When you give up, you end up with nothing to show for all your effort.

When you've decided what you want to achieve, keep going until you get there. When the obstacles and challenges start hitting you at a faster pace, it means you're getting closer. Keep going. Persist through it all and you'll create something of true and lasting value.

Rather than doing just a little bit less than necessary, seek to do just a little bit more. If you're going to miss the mark, then miss it on the side of accomplishment rather than on the side of failure. Make your efforts count for something. Keep going, and don't slow down until you're well past the goal.

-- Ralph Marston

I posted the following over the weekend and wanted to post it once again for those of you who either missed it, or if you usually don't read the board over the weekend:

OPINIONS PLEASE!!! I had a brainstorm and wanted to know what you all thought about this idea...What do you think about doing a round-robin on the telephone? What I mean is, I call one person and chat with them on the phone, then they call the next person and chat and so on and so on, until the last person calls me back-so each of us has the opportunity to speak with two board members. We could do this once a month, or every other month and each time, you can speak to two different people. If we all put a limit of 20 minutes and dial something like 10-10-220, or a similar company, it will only cost $1.00 for 20 minutes of calling. Please let me know what you think about this idea. QUILTER thought it was a great one (I do have my moments I guess), and I think it's a great idea. So, opinions are definitely wanted!!!! You can e-mail me directly or reply to this on the board-either way, I'd like your input!!!

So far, the feedback I have gotten is positive. The details will be worked on this week so hopefully we can put this into gear by the first week in July. Again, I'd love to know your opinions as well as your ideas on how to easily implement this idea THANKS!

SPRAKLE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Any special plans for the day??? Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!!

SEF, I wasn't offended at all, my response was sarcastic as well Shirley, if you think you have a sick sense of humor and that was it, you haven't met me yet!
LOL! I'm sure we'd get along just great together!LOL!!! You sound like you are very artistic-would love to see a picture of some of your work one day!!!

RUSTYS, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! You finally made it on the boards!!!! When you get a chance, please let the gals know a little more about you Also, don't hesitate to ask any questions, as you can tell, we are all eager and happy to help out a fellow SB'er!!!

FROG, use this time when your hubby is away for some real "ME" time! He'll be back before you know it Sorta like my kids!

Okay, I'm out the door, literally. I'll check in later this afternoon-kids will be gone, Eli will be working, so the house, and the computer will be all mine, [size=medium]MINE,[/size][size=huge] MINE!!!![/size]

Hope you all have a wonderful week!!!!

Debbie
194/130/129
SB since 3/22/00

Last edited by Debelli; 06-25-2001 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-25-2001, 07:50 AM   #4  
Golfing Gal

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPARKLESCAMP
Old 06-25-2001, 10:59 AM   #5  

Default Happy Birthday Sparkle!!

Good morning to all you other SB GALS! Looks like rain here in SW LA. My oldest grandson (13) is in from Texas & I have him for the day today, so I'm off to pick him up at his father's & do something...I'm not real sure what yet. This could be an interesting day! LOL Anyway...I'll check in with all of you later in the day.

Debbie, I tried a scones recipe this am & used the Spelt flour. Yummy!!! Will post the recipe later.

Hope all of you have a great day.

Sparkle Hope you have a WONDERFULL BIRTHDAY GIRL!
Old 06-25-2001, 11:31 AM   #6  

Happy Birthday Sparkle!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you day is wonderful

Thank you everyone for my birthday wishes. I am home from my weekend in San Diego. I have complete fallen off the wagon this weekend and hopefully I can drag myself back on today. The scale has not gone up but it didnt go down.

I have just gotten into work and have to do some catch up from Friday before I can go and read everyones posts.

Deb - I think the telephone idea sounds great. Count me in.
Old 06-25-2001, 12:11 PM   #7  

Hey Deb;

Count me in for the phone tree!!!!!

StarChaser
Old 06-25-2001, 12:25 PM   #8  
Goddess

Talking Good Monday Morning!

Hello everyone!

I'm down two lbs this morning! Yippee! I was starting to get a little frustrated there. Now that the scale has moved down again, I feel a little more relaxed!

I had a very quiet weekend. After the VBS week, I was a little tired, so I puttered for most of the weekend.

Deb--I think the round robin calling idea is a good one--count me in!

Sparkle--Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Motivation for the day--hmmmm. I like Deb's writing about actually getting to goal--finishing what you start. I'm bad about that myself. My thought for today is that we all deserve the best for ourselves. I know I've gotten into the trap of thinking that I don't deserve to be thin and healthy/in a good relationship/professionally successful, etc. I have a bad habit of concentrating on all my shortcomings rather than the things I do well. You too? We should make changing that a priority. We deserve to have success---whether it be in weight loss, businss, love or whatever. In fact, no one deserves it more!!!! Let's, make that our way of thinking from here on out!

Susan
300/242/150
July, 10, 2001
Old 06-25-2001, 01:00 PM   #9  

SPARKLE - HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Deb - Count me in on the telephone round robin. Sounds like a great idea.

Hi to everyone else. I will post more later. Have to scoot out to play badminton.

Marie
Old 06-25-2001, 01:12 PM   #10  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SPARKLE!!!

[B]HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, SPARKLESCAMP!!!!!

DEBBIE - The round robin idea sounds great, but do you really think any of us could keep to a 20 minute time limit once we get to talking??? I know I could've sat in that booth all day with MELF, GATORGAL and THURMAN!!

RUSTYS - WELCOME ABOARD!

TIGGERME - Glad you had a great birthday week-end!! You certainly deserve to feel special!! Just let BOB know and she'll bring that wagon on over for you to climb back up on. The scale not moving isn't so bad.

FILLISE - Way to go on 2 more out of the way!!! Enjoyed reading your musings of the past year. I do think our appearance is strongly tied to our self-esteem. Anyone who can run their own business has my utmost respect! Glad you got some recoup time after VBS.

Had a nice week-end. Enjoyed an extra long "girlfriend" lunch. (Maybe you're familliar with the restaurant, DEBBIE, they originated in Miami or somewhere around there....TOOJAYS) I had the Salad-Trio (dill chicken salad, dijion chicken salad and shrimp salad - just a little scoop of each) I was going to bring Vince a sandwich from the restaurant after-wards. On my way to our rendezvous point where I'd page him I ran into another officer running radar (I could tell from all the brake lights on the cars in front of me. ) I whipped up into the parking lot and asked him to radio Vince for me. He thought is was funny, "Uh, 140 to 136, your, uh 10-18 is here....uh, says to 10-44 at the Mobil station....uh, she has your lunch."

I left my freakin' recipes at home today - so I'll have to post them tomorrow. I don't have anything motivational, either. I'm so slack - I'm sorry! I DID buy the Sunday paper and brought the Travel section in to check prices - but I haven't done that yet either. What a bum! Guess I better get by rear in gear over here.....

to everyone else!!

Old 06-25-2001, 01:35 PM   #11  
Everyday angel

Talking You gals are the best!

Thank you so much! You guys are so awesome, I'm like, about to cry here. BUT I gotta go to work!!!!

Lotsa love,

Chris
Old 06-25-2001, 03:41 PM   #12  
sef

Just have to get my daily fix! Must check the Board or I get the shakes!!! LOL

Nance - I look at car prices and think that I could by three houses at the price we paid for our house in '59 for what a car costs today. Times are achangin'! I want room service when I camp. I used to do it for years as a Girl Scout and then as a leader, it was not my favorite activity, altho it has made some good stories for me!

Good for you for sticking to woe as well as you did. Our clothes can be the final arbitrator of such things!

Deb - Isn't it nice to find out something wasn't as bad as you thought it was? I checked the label on those meatballs I felt guilty about. They only had 1g of sugar per serving, so my confession was for naught! Maybe it will do for something
I should confess and didn't!

May be someday I will scan in a picture of my work. I did a 16" x 20" picture of two deer in the woods w/ an old cabin in the background. It had a windmill too, but there are no windmills in Pike County, PA. So I took it out and replaced it with trees. It must have taken about 600 hours to do it. I'm so pleased with it and it reminds me of home. I brought a little of PA with me.

Rustys - Welcome on Board! You will never be sorry you joined us. The people here are greaaaaat! You have same birthday as my sister.

Frog - This is the time to pamper yourself, take those long baths, do a facial, exfoliate and be waiting as the door swathed in saran wrap with a big ribbon when the man returns. Oh! Be sure it's him at the door!!!

Sparkle - Happy! Happy! Happy!

Fillise - 2#!!!! Wonderful!

I don't have anything very motivational. I have tried many woe over the years, even tried the old "I can cut back and eat sensible" plan. But it didn't work for me. This has. It may sound selfish, but we have to take care of ourselves. We are always worrying about the family, the job, world peace stc., we forget us. At least that is the way my life was. I had very low self esteem, still do. I felt that I had to be nice to everybody so they would like me. After a somewhat unhappy childhood, I met and married my husband. He was so wonderful to me, but years
of brain washing that I wasn't smart. pretty etc were hard to overcome. Now, in my twilight years I am still trying to overcome them. My ds, dil and gdtr, this woe/Board and my determination all will help me be all that I should be. Can't tell you how supportive my ds, dil, gdtr are without asking constantly how much have you lost. Or questioning if I am cheating. There is no pressure. Ds usually goes to WD on Saturday and has been teaching himself to remember SF for me.

This was not motivational, just musings on my part. Self gratification.

Take care.

sef
Old 06-25-2001, 04:15 PM   #13  

Good afternoon everyone

It is a beautiful sunny day here to-day. It's good to have some warm weather at last. Got a few more plants in the garden. Have put in a few perennials, now have to get some annuals. It's not my favorite job but I do like to see the flowers blooming so have to get to work.

The week has started off well. I did some exercises to-day and yesterday and had a good game of badminton this afternoon. The feet are beginning to feel better and my body feels like it is amlmost back to pre-holiday condition. Still six pounds up from pre-holiday but I guess I will have to be patient. Two pounds came off a couple of days after my return. I've been keeping op except for a little trangression yesterday. My daughter was over with her kids and made pizza for lunch. I tried to resist but ended up having two small pieces but my calories for the day stayed under 1700 which was about the same as the previous day. I am entering everything in FITDAY again. I find it really helps me to keep on track, it stops some of the nibbling.

Frog - Hope you can enjoy some alone time while hubby is away.

Melf - I hope your day went well with your grandson. I am looking forward to trying the scone recipe. I am assuming that Spelt flour is legal. Have you any idea about it's GI?

Fillise - Another two pounds down is great.

Sef - You must have lots of patience to spend that much time on your handiwork. I would love to see a picture of it if you can ever get to scan it. I used to do needlepoint but haven't done any for several years. I did try cross-stitch a couple of years ago but I was too ambitious for a first attempt and bought something quite complicated and too fine for the old eyes. I ended up giving it away.

Take care everyone.

Bye

Marie.
Old 06-25-2001, 05:12 PM   #14  

Afternoon All

Just got home, and just in the nick of time, it's absolutely STORMING out there! Got the kids and their father to the ship then went to see Eli at STARBUCKS, then went to drop my (almost) 4 year old niece Ainsley at home.

MELF, I would definitely be interested in the scone recipe. I have only had one scone in my life that I absolutely loved and believe it or not, it was about 10yrs ago at the San Diego Convention Center-it was a cranberry scone-delicious!

TIGGER, glad to hear you had a good time in SD, as you can see from my msg. to MELF above, I remember their scones at the SDCC really well. I love SD and go there whenever we are in Vegas.

STAR, thanks, will put you on my list!!!

FILLISE, that's great new to hear on a Monday-CONGRATS!! Thanks for your motivational thought-it hit home for me Great to know you too are interested in the round robin phone calls!!!

ROSALIE, great, I'll count you in as well for the round robin. Hope you had a good time at badminton-I bet you were well missed while you were away!!

SOL, heck, anyone who wants to talk more, by all means, don't stop at 20 minutes! I sorta just used that as a guideline because I know these calling plans with the 10-10 numbers do 20 minutes for a dollar and just knew that no matter what our financial situations are, we could all afford $1 a month My Aunt orders from TOOJAYS all the time, everytime we have a family get together. They live in WPB, I don't think we have one here in Miami.

SEF, definitely, when you confess and you didn't have to, it wipes the slate clean for something you should of confessed to and didn't! Hey, it works for me! PLEASE, 600 hours on 1 piece-you have the patience of a Saint to do something like that!!! Would love to see a picture, but YOU must be in the picture as well-HINT, HINT! I can relate to what you said in your MM message-my Mother told me the other day "your Father wants to know why you aren't doing anything to earn some money" and I told her, "Right now, I'm working on me, and that's what's important right now." I will eventually start doing something, I need to do something to make some $$$, but right now, I'M more important than $$$.

NANCE, thought of you this morning-made my "milkshake" with the coffee extract and also added 1/2tsp of carob powder-yummy! Will add a full teaspoon next time-coffee mocha!!!!!

I'm off to watch the news and get something to eat. I'll try to check in with you all later this evening. Possibility that Eli & I may take a day trip tomorrow-not sure where, either Orlando or Naples, possibly no where if the weather continues on as it is now. I'm opting for Naples, it's closer. Just a day to get away from Miami

Please remember, TOMORROW NIGHT IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST Hope you all can make it!!!

Later!

Debbie
194/130/129
SB since 3/22/00
Goal reached 6/10/01
Old 06-25-2001, 06:35 PM   #15  

Default HI

Ok just realized I posted a message on the exercise board and not the well what do you call this one lol too bad I was so witty and funny in that one and now....nothin.... haveing a good day havent had any huge sugar craving today and I pmsing so I count that as a good day.I told my dear hubby in a moment of shear frustration babe you need to take this darn well perhaps that wasnt quite the word I used but you gals get the pic so I said dear you need to take this scale away from me before I drive myself into the loony bin with it so I get up this am and what did he do you got it its gone!!!!panic!!! I dont know how to live without my scale I phoned him at work begging for him to tell me where it was lmao you would think I was having withdrawl symptoms anyhow he told me I would get it back when my monthly was over cause its not real weight that I am gaining but my mood would be as though it were.What a good man Now I must go as I have prolly shared to much and you all dont know me yet and your thinking hmmmmm another crazy canadian spent too much time out in the cold
bye for now
Closed Thread