Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 07:49 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 9/19 - 925

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...024#post966024

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 09-19-2005, 07:55 AM   #2  

Default Challenges!

Challenges! Challenges! Challenges!

1. Post your exercise! (the exercise support thread looks SO lazy with no posts!)

2. Post a new legal recipe.

3. Share a motivation tip.

4. Drink your water!

Let's make this a great week!
Old 09-19-2005, 07:58 AM   #3  
Goddess

Default Hello all!

Yes, I'm still alive and kicking. Sorry I've been away, but this event I'm planning for the 28th is taking all my time--which is BAD since it is a volunteer job and it is taking far too much time away from my paying clients---AARRGGHH! Anyway, I just wanted to pop in to say that I'll be back when I can catch a breath--sometime after the 29th. I miss everyone and hope ya'll are doing well.

I did skim last week's board just long enough to find out that Julia's baby is here--Yippee!!!

And to find out that Gator and BOB did no permanent damage to each other. . .

I hope everyone else has a good week!

Susan
Old 09-19-2005, 08:14 AM   #4  

MMM-

I am down 1/2 a pound this morning. I usually weigh less later, but I have a meeting at 10, and I wanted to try and get in a walk and a shower before it, so I don't have time to wait!

FILLISE: Thanks for stopping in...it was good to see your post. We miss you!

I will check in later!
Old 09-19-2005, 08:20 AM   #5  
Addicted to potato salad!

MMM...I had a bad day eating yesterday and was up a pound or two. I'm sure it won't last. Course, at this rate, I'll never get back under 160...

Hi Fillise!!

Hi Monet!!

Okay...off to preschool!!

Kris
Old 09-19-2005, 08:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday Chickies!

It was a strange weekend. I was in a funk yesterday. Ate lots of legal food, nothing bad, just more than I normally eat. The scale was all over the place today. 4 lbs one way then the other. I think it was possessed today. I'll try again tomorrow. Saturday's well planned dinner went down the tubes. The restaurant has been sold and was closed so we went to this place that is family cooking. We had 8 vegatables, one being mashed potatoes. I had maybe 1 T of them. THe creamed spinach was fabulous. As were the rolls and honey.

Yesterday we thatched the yard so that was my exercise. I didn't even take a walk or work out I was in such a funk.

Here's to a better week.

Julia, Congratulations on your baby boy. What a pretty name. Glad it was an easy time for you and things are going great. Can't wait to see some pics.

Bob, look at the bright side, you could be UK. You can definately count on that WIN. The Vols didn't look so bad. It was a good game.

Gator, Oh yeah, next week will not be pretty. yes we have had some interesting games, but I don't see it happening next week. If we continue to lose 2 players each game, we will be down to the cheerleaders soon. In a way I hoe we get clobbered every game and maybe they will get rid of Brooks, and Barnhart. No I can't beleive Vandy. How awsome is that. But of course we were counting on them for a win, but probably not now. Congrats on the Gators win. It was a good game.

Susan, we will be anxiously waiting for the 29th when you can get back more often. Take care.

Tech, I feel your pain, I feel like a yo-yo.

Monet, congrats on the 1/2 lb. Thanks for starting the board. Any word on the contract yet?

Got to get busy. Be back later.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:58 AM   #7  

Default Back in the Driver's Seat!!!

Ok Ladies, I finally had a great week. I stayed motivated. I stuck to my Figure 8 plan, and finally started using the whole program. So this morning I weighed in. DOWN 4 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so pumped!! And I finally joined the Y on Friday. I'll be headed that way in a bit. I'm going to start Water Aerobics on Tuesday and Latin Cardio on Fridays. It was perfect timing. EVerything starts this week on the schedule, so I won't be jumping in confused.

I also went to the Arbonne Fall Extravaganza over the weeken. I expected it to be full of cheesyness, but it was great. It gave me jsut the motivation I need to get in gear and take my next step towards a bigger paycheck and my free Mercedes! I may have to work my rear off till January 1, but I am determined to have my Mercedes within a year. I need to get huffing it.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:28 AM   #8  

Default Day 1

OK, I'm starting over. I've done a thingy to show my current wt & goal. That's a start! I've also been to the Gym this am & will post on the exercise board! I've got to start off slowly not to over-do with my shoulder but I did 21 min on TM= 1 mile, 10 min on bike=3 miles, whirlpool, steam room & sauna. Really wore me out but at the same time, felt good.

Breakfast was coffee & SB Power Lean Shake.

Working on the water now. I'm off to the shower after I finish posting then therpy at 2pm.

OK Gals, this is my committment: exercise, OP eating & posting as often as possible. I've allowed my weight to inflate from my low 3 years ago @ 134, to the present & it's GOT to stop. I'm also committing to reading Dr. Phil's book. Have started already.

Last edited by Melf; 09-19-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:38 AM   #9  

I met with the headmistress this morning. We went over my list, and she gave me as much info as she could. They finally checked alternate references, and will have my contract ready when I go in on Wednesdays. I am hoping she will change the schedule as per my suggestion, to split the 5-7 grades into two classes, instead of one very large, hard to handle class. So, it was a good meeting and I felt encouraged. The secretary gave me the usual huge pile of official paperwork to fill out...with tax forms and such, and explained the time sheets. So, the job is mine, and I can now say that without any feelings of ill ease.

I need to head off to the store, and run errands. I want to go by the Asian grocery store and get sole fillets, Harry's for half and half, and Costco for frozen strawberries. I better pack a cooler, since I don't want to have to come home inbetween.

I did not get my walk in this morning...I overslept and then took too long getting through my morning routine. I have my pedometer on, and will make sure I walk a lot at the markets I am going to today.

Breakfast was a smoothie, coffee with half and half. Not sure about lunch...

Talk to you all later!
Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 PM   #10  

Good afternoon:

WIM: I was at 121.5# this morning, up a bit from last week, but still o.k. considering the time of month it is.

Britt had a half day, so I took her and the other girls to school, and then took Lane to her new eye doctor. I then took Lane to the gym with me, and then to Target. We then went to pick up the girls from school...came home and ate lunch and then went out for yogurt and we are now relaxing for a bit before I get dinner started.

I won't be able to get to the gym the rest of the week, so I plan to do a few workouts here at home. I hope to do my TurboJam on Tuesday & Thursday, and then walk the track on Friday when Lane is tumbling.

I am tired today; this getting up at 5 a.m. is wearing me out. Britt is so used to getting up for school now; even on the weekends, she is up by 6 a.m. I can't sleep in anymore . She is actually off the 29th & 30th of this month, as well as October 3rd; she will have a 5-day weekend. I wish we would have known sooner...we could have planned a trip somewhere. We will just find some fun things around town to do.

Fillise: Good to "see" you. Sorry this project is consuming so much of your time. We hope to see more of your posts when you finish up with that.

Monet: Congrats on the loss; that's great. Congrats also on the job....I knew you would get it.

Tech: Sorry you are up a bit. Buckle down, and you will breeze right past that 160. Remember the Holidays are just around the corner; this is a good time to get a handle on it.

Jack: I hope you found your way out of that funk. Thatching is definately good exercise.

Talitha: Congrats on the loss! That is fantastic. I'm glad you were able to join the Y; keep up the great work on the exercise. Good luck meeting that Arbonne goal.

Melf: Way to jump back in. We are glad to have you back. Remember we are here for you!

I gotta run!

Take care,
Nat
Old 09-19-2005, 07:48 PM   #11  

Hello all.
No weigh in this morning. I was gonna try ( even though I weigh on fridays) to weigh this morning and the time got away from me. Hard getting back in gear after being off work since last wed.
I had a dr appt today after work ( gyn) for my yearly check up and I told him Ive been very very very lightly spotting ( not even enough to use anything with) I thought maybe that was normal after going through menopause ( been 2 1/2 yrs with no Mr Tom) and he said no its not normal. So now I have to go through a battery of tests. Today was blood work and he wanted a bone density test done so I got that out of the way today. Next monday I go for a biopsy ( I guess they take a piece from inside the uterus area). If that comes back fine then next its a ultra sound. I also have to schedule my mammogram. I hope its nothing. Im trying not to worry. The past two years Ive had abnormal tests but when I had the retest they said I was good for another year. Getting older is for the birds !
Besides that it was just a normal work day. Oh wait.. lol today is dh and my anny. We went out to dinner Saturday so I didnt even think about it today ..until.. he sent me a dozen red roses to work! Boy am I hangin my head.

Nat- Is turbo Jam a workout video?

Monet- congratulations on the offical word on the job! I bet your excitied. And congrats on the 1/2 pound loss . I think youve found your key ,it really seems to be working for you !

Melf- Hang in there !

Talitha_ woo hoo 4 lbs thats great !

Jack-k- do you use one of those "by hand" thatchers? Thats what we have and boy is that a workout !

Kris & Susan - hi to you both
Old 09-19-2005, 08:13 PM   #12  

OK, I've had a great day eating wise.

BF SB Power Lean shake
s...1/4 cantelope
L...Atkins Chocolate PB shake
S.. 10 grapes
S...4 small carrot sticks
D...boiled chicken breast, stir-fried okra, small green salad

64 oz H2O
1 diet CF drink

I think I did really well for my first day back OP

Kat & Cindy, thanks for the encouragement!
Old 09-19-2005, 08:39 PM   #13  

Dinner tonight turned out awesome! I took about a pound of small shelled shrimp, and sauteed it in my Calphalon pan with a bit of Zatarain's shrimp and crab boil sprinkled in for seasoning. Then I put a couple stalks of celery, two green onions and the shrimp in the food processor and pulsed it until it was finely chopped. I added about 1/4 cup of ww bread crumbs, and then chopped a fresh poblano pepper from the garden and mixed it in. I patted this mixture onto flounder filets and rolled them up, and sprinkled it with lemon pepper seasoning, then put them in a pan, and dotted it with butter. I covered it with foil and baked at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Oh my! It was SOO good! We also had roasted asparagus and gorgonzola and almond salad with balsamic vinaigarette.

After dinner, we went for a 20 minute walk which brought my daily steps up to 12,041. I think it is a bit generous...this is the pedometer that got, ah hem, wet, so it may not be totally accurate, but close enough.

I need to go check out some art supplies for school, so I better get going.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys. Just checking in. Today was really boring at work, did nothing but read and take notes all day. My hand was hurting by the time the day was done. The day really went by slowly. I got my workout in this AM and when I got home I did the 1 mile tape for a boost. This weekend I was bad with my eating. I did okay on SUnday but Friday and Saturday were realllllyyyy realllllyyyy bad. I was getting back down again, think I was 165 on Friday. So much for that. At least I'm back on track now. I'm going to really try and do alot better this weekend. My eating is kinda screwy while working. I don't take a lunch cause I'm trying to get my hours in. But I do eat, just lacking with my veggies severly. Here's my menu for the day:

BF- had plain yogurt with splenda and an orange
Snack(at work)- had 2 celery stalks and 6 baby carrots with Ranch dressing
Lunch- Good Mornings! LC bar(150 cal, 14 g protein, 6g fat)
After work and on the way home I was STARVING, so I stopped and got me the Snickers LC marathon bar to keep me from going crazy(170 cal)
Supper- made a big salad with tuna, 2% cheese, grape tomatoes, red onion, cukes, and Light Dressing. Oh yea, I ate 1 spoon of Hamburger Helper(just 1!).
Dessert- 1 cup Sf ice cream(200 cals).

That seems like alot when typed, but it was still no more than 1300 calories. I actually only ate the sf ice cream to increase my calories for the day. Fun way to do so,lol. I'll be so glad when I get my eating all the way back under control. I'm glad that I'm finally out of the 170's(for good!), now I need to work on getting out of the 160's once and for all. I'm going to post on the exercise board....At least I met my exercise goals for last week.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:58 PM   #15  

Hello old friends and people who have joined since I disappeared whom I hope will become new friends. "Excuse me ladies for I have sinned, it's been many years and pounds gained since my last post."

So much has happened to me in the past few years, most of it good. In April Mr. Frog and I had a tadpole! My pregnancy and recovery got a little complicated, but all is well and I'm ready now (finally) to address the weight that has crept on. I am an official stay at home mommy and hope to have time to post, exercise with "Miss Baby," cook well, meal plan like a good SBer and contribute to this board. For those of you who'd like to see my girl's pic I've posted it for you.

In years past I received so much support as I lost 65 pounds by eliminating high GI foods. I've regained nearly all that weight very slowly - hate those sneaky calories! I know how much healthier and happier I was without sugar and the evil carbs. It will be interesting for dh as I detox and have a period all in the same week! But even after a few days of reduced white carbs, sugar and caffiene I'm starting to feel better.

Not to slight my dear old friends, but a special hey to...
MELF - I'm most especially glad to see you posting! That means you're safe!

I'm trying to get on a better sleep cycle, so I will say goodnight .

Frog Lover, aka "Frog."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smaller beach favorite close-up 1.JPG (25.5 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Frog Lover; 09-19-2005 at 11:05 PM.
Closed Thread