Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 07-31-2005, 11:06 PM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Bios

If you are a Sugarbusters, participating in our support forum, please fill out a bio so we can get to know you better!

Just copy the questions and paste into a new reply window, and fill it out, then submit.

Your bio will be removed after six weeks of inactivity on the forum.

You can add a picture to your bio if you like by using the manage attachment button.

User Name:

How did you choose your User Name?:

Where do you live?:

Significant other?:

Kids?:

Pets?:

Work?:

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?:

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight:

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal:

Favorite book:

Favorite Movie:

Favorite song:

Last book you read:

What is your biggest pet peeve?:

What motivated you to lose weight?:

Something you like about yourself:

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) :

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?:

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?:

Your dream job:

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it?

Anything else?:

Last edited by Ellen; 06-25-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:19 PM   #2  

User Name: Ellen

How did you choose your User Name?: My real name.

Where do you live?: Outside of Atlanta, Georgia

Significant other?: Tom, husband of 33 years

Kids?: One son, two daughters, two sons in law, one grandson, one granddaughter

Pets?: Four cats, six fish

Work?: Developing a pottery studio, and volunteering for myriad jobs at church.

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: Doctor recommended it.

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: Chinese dim sum, sushi, pizza, cucumbers, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, chocolate

Favorite book: anything by Loretta Chase

Favorite Movie: Pride and Prejudice by A&E

Favorite song: She's Always A Woman by Billy Joel

Last books you read: Rosedale Diet, Mastering Leptin

What is your biggest pet peeve?: Atrocious spelling errors and poor grammar

What motivated you to lose weight?: Health concerns

Something you like about yourself: I am very creative, and laid back and accepting.

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : I have a hard time letting go of past hurts.

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: Mother Teresa...it would be awesome to learn from her.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: All over United Kingdom....London, Wales, Cornwall, Scotland...

Your dream job: Being a successful potter.

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it? A Solar Tan bathing suit.

Anything else?: This board has been a great support and encouragement to me. Thank you each and every one of you!

Last edited by Ellen; 10-02-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:23 PM   #3  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

User Name: THE BIG ORANGE BABE.......BOB for short!!!

How did you choose your User Name?: WELL DUH!!! I'M PROBABLY ONE OF THE BIGGEST (no pun intended) TENNESSEE FOOTBALL FANS YOU'LL MEET!!!! GO VOLS!!!

Where do you live?: SARASOTA FLORIDA

Significant other?:

Kids?:

Pets?: TIPPY...My Chihuahua

Work?: SARASORA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: IT's probably the healthiest way to eat known to man!

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: ANYTHING SOUTHERN!!!!

Favorite book:

Favorite Movie: THE GODFATHER

Favorite song: ROCKYTOP!!

Last book you read:

What is your biggest pet peeve?: Toilet paper turned the wrong way!

What motivated you to lose weight?: Do or DIE!!!

Something you like about yourself: My ability to meet and talk to people!

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : I'm sure the list is too long to put in print!

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: FRANKLIN D ROSEVELT!

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & IRELAND

Your dream job:

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it?

Anything else?:

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:40 PM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

User Name:techwife

How did you choose your User Name?: My husband is a one-hour photo lab field service technician...tech for short...and I'm his wife!

Where do you live?: Northern New York...near Canada, not Yonkers

Significant other?: My husband, Derek

Kids?: Shelley (11), Kyle (4)

Pets?: Cat named 'Kitty' and an Old English Sheepdog named 'Junior'

Work?: Former hairdresser, secretary and computer helpdesk coordinator and future substitute teacher...right now I'm a stay-at-home mom

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: Because my dad (and ALL of his siblings) are diabetic and I tend to favor my dad's side of the family...thought I might start controlling insulin now while I'm still relatively young...

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight: 180/157/130 or Size 18/12/6

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: Pizza/wings/pie/cake/twinkies/cookies and all meat except liver and un-natural things like 'tripe'...people must have been really hard-up to try that for the first time!!

Favorite book: All Harry Potter books or anything by Clive Cussler

Favorite Movie: Harry Potter movies or anything with Matthew McConaughey

Favorite song: Anything by Billy Joel, Barry Manilow, James Taylor, Elton John, etc...

Last book you read: Half Blood Prince

What is your biggest pet peeve?: 'Rubber necker' traffic jams. The ones where traffic ties up with one hour delays because people are looking over the median at an accident that has nothing to do with my side of the road!!

What motivated you to lose weight?: My crying jag in Old Navy as I was growing out of a size 16

Something you like about yourself: I tend to try empathize with people instead of judging them

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : I would like to be more organized, be less of a procrastinator and have less clutter in my house

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: My mother-in-law. I've always wanted a mother-in-law and when I finally got one, she died of cancer and I never even got to meet her. She lived in California...not exactly an afternoon drive...

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: Any place in Europe...but mostly Great Britain.

Your dream job: I really like being a mom...but if I had to pick a career, I'd like to be a meteorologist. Not on TV, but like a hurricane hunter or some other behind-the-scenes job

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it? Well, unrealistically, I might have to have a boob job to bring them back from the southern hemisphere and back up north where they belong...but I doubt I'd have the nerve. Other than that, I'm going to buy a really great wardrobe...in a size 6...but I may settle for an 8.

Anything else?: Losing weight has been a bit of a challenge for me until I started Sugar Busters. Until the late 90's, I was always a size 6 and never really thought much about maintaining or anything. I think my 50lb weight gain was stress related and no matter how much salad I ate and how much exercise I did, I could not lose a pound and they just kept multiplying on me like...like...I don't know what!! Now that life is sweet, I am looking forward to feeling like my old self again. I flat-out refused to go to my 20 year class reunion a couple summers ago because I didn't want people saying "Jeez...did you see how fat Kris got?" Maybe we'll have a 25 reunion and if I'm looking like myself, I'll go then.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:00 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

User Name: CountryMom4Him

How did you choose your User Name?: I live in the country and my faith in God keeps me going.

Where do you live?: Texas

Significant other?: Robert

Kids?: 5--ages 23 to 11

Pets?: Horses, dogs, cats, chickens and goose

Work?: Depends on who you ask... I stay at home with the children.

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: My sister was diagnosed as a diabetic and I didn't want to follow in her tracks because of my weight.

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight: 235/169/155

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: I love most foods. That is part of my problem. Favorite...hmmm Fried Green Tomato or a tomato and onion sandwish on WHITE bread.

Favorite book: I love to read but I don't think any one book stands out as my favorite.

Favorite Movie:

Favorite song:

Last book you read:

What is your biggest pet peeve?: When people throw dirty clothes right in front of the hamper.

What motivated you to lose weight?: I couldn't breath very well to tie my shoes...and fear of diabetes

Something you like about yourself: My honesty and integrity

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : Being a people pleaser

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?:

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: Maine when the leaves are turning

Your dream job: graphic artist/ photographer I have a passion for taking nature shots. I probably have over 100 shots of our sunsets.

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it? A new pair of cowboy boots and a pair of Western Jeans

Anything else?: This board is a super place for support. I lost my initial weight on my own before I knew it existed. Over the years the support here has helped me maintain most of my loss.

Last edited by CountryMom4Him; 03-31-2008 at 05:21 PM.
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 10:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

User Name:heartmom

How did you choose your User Name?:I am the Mom to a 5 year old boy who was born with a congenital heart defect

Where do you live?: Meridian, MS

Significant other?: Robby, age 28(yea, I'm 6 months older!)

Kids?: Ashley, 9 and Joseph, 5

Pets?: chihuahuas, Spunky Brewster and Samson

Work?: SAHM

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: Mom told me about it, I read the book and said "hey, that makes perfect sense!"

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight: 278/170 ish?/143 or 140

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: Homemade mac n' cheese, lasagna, cakes, cookies, peanut M&M's...that's for starters.

Favorite book: Love Stephen King novels

Favorite Movie: I used to LOVE Beaches, now I don't really have a fave cause I watch too many and it changes too often

Favorite song: George Strait's Goodbye

Last book you read: Do magazines count? I think it was one of Oprah's book of the month things, can't remember the name but thought it sucked.

What is your biggest pet peeve?:I can't stand MOOCHERS!

What motivated you to lose weight?: I was fat...seriously, I saw a pic and didn't recognize myself anymore. Talk about a moment of truth.

Something you like about yourself: I'm cute. Just kidding. Well, not really...I'm very honest, loyal, level-headed, practical.

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : I would like to be more of a people-person, not as shy

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: Jesus,of course! He is the greatest man to ever walk the Earth.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?:Australia

Your dream job: I would make bookoos of money for doing nothing

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it? Perhaps a new wardrobe

Anything else?:Not at the moment!
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 10:42 AM   #7  

User Name: ThinWithin

How did you choose your User Name?:Unfortunately I do feel like I'm thinner than what I really am. I really don't pay attention to what's in the mirror. Sad, huh!?

Where do you live?: Ball Ground, Ga North of Atlanta

Significant other?: married to Craig for 17 years

Kids?: Sean 13 and Rachel 11

Pets?: Dog- Buddy, Cats-Sunny, Star and new furbabbies Blair and Salem, 2 hamsters.

Work?:Elementary school nurse

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: Recommended by my kids endocrinologist. We combine it with lowfat diet recommended by kids cardiologist. Both kids have metabolic syndrome.

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight:235/228/150

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: Lasagne and mexican

Favorite book:

Favorite Movie: Star wars movies and Lord of the Rings

Favorite song:

Last book you read: Syndrome X

What is your biggest pet peeve?: People who don't use their blinkers!

What motivated you to lose weight?: My health

Something you like about yourself: I am fairly crafty and a good cook!

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : I wish I were just a little taller than 5 ft!

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: My great great aunt who immigrated here from Sweden and homesteaded by herself to pay to bring over the rest of the family when she was only 15!

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: I would visit Sweden again.

Your dream job: To get paid for being a Mom!

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it? New clothes. I would need them!

Anything else?:
ThinWithin225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #8  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

User Name: Beth2374

How did you choose your User Name?: My name and my old badge number

Where do you live?: North Alabama

Significant other?: Dave - married 10 years

Kids?: Brandon (14), Andrew (9)

Pets?: 3 Dogs, 1 Hamster

Work?: Clerk for local Sheriff's Department

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: It works! Lost 40 pounds the first time in 2002. Got lazy and gained it all back plus some!

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight: 242/225/175ish

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: EVERYTHING! Mostly Chinese, BREAD, Potatoes, BREAD, any fruit, did I mention BREAD?

Favorite book: Too many to list! Anything by James Patterson, J.D.Robb(Nora Roberts), Stephen King, Janet Evanovich...

Favorite Movie: The Notebook

Favorite song: Because You Love Me

Last book you read: Curves Member Guide..LOL

What is your biggest pet peeve?: Not being listened to!

What motivated you to lose weight?: Shortness of Breath when walking from the parking garage to work! All my clothes are tooooo tight! And I want to look better!!!

Something you like about yourself: My brain My naturally curly hair (and that took a long time to learn to love!!)

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : I'm a SLOB! I wish I could be more organized! Also I wish I could get a budget and stick with it!

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: I don't really know...

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: Ireland

Your dream job:Something where I got Gobs of money for doing nothing.. LOL

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it? Some new clothes, and a new haircut! And a romantic getaway for a weekend in some sexy new stuff

Anything else?:Thanks to everyone here who helps keep me on track! I'm so thankful for the unconditional love and support!
Beth2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #9  
sef

User Name: sef

How did you choose your User Name?: My three initials

Where do you live?: Slidell, LA

Significant other?: Deceased
Been widowed since 1990

Kids?: 1 son 46, 1 daughter 44

Pets?: You bet! My adorable, irritating, lovable Pomeranian, Bitsy.

Work?: Retired Recreation Therapist and Director of Recreation Therapy Dept. and SPEC Dept.

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]My doctor recommended it. Lost 70# about four years ago. I evacuated for Ivan and fell the wagon. Need to get my act together./COLOR]

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight: 266/262/166

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: PA Dutch Pot Pie. Liver & Onions, Pizza, Chinese, Roast Pork, Steak. Ice cream. 100 Proof Southern Comfort

Favorite book: Little Women, Harry Potter series

Favorite Movie: Yankee Doodle Dandy

Favorite song: On Eagles Wings, All In The April Evening

Last book you read: Janet Evanovich - "Hot Six"

What is your biggest pet peeve?: Dirty dishes left on countertop or in sink. The dishwasher is right there for Pete's sake. Racial slurs.

What motivated you to lose weight?: I was SOB, looked like h--l and felt like it too. Since I regained 30+ I have been diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes.

Something you like about yourself: I have patience. I volunteer at local nursing home 2 mornings a week and entertain at 5. I am expert cross stitcher and crocheter. I also clean
up nice.

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : Would do more for me. Not always be a people pleaser.

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: Harry S. Truman, I like and use his two famous lines...."If you can't stand the heat, stay the **** out of the kitchen." and "The buck stops here." If you can't handle something, step back and let
someone who can do it, you only get in the way. Take responsibility for yourself and actions.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: Back to Australia & Hawaii. Would like to visit the British Isles.

Your dream job: I had it. Ten years with geris & ten with head injury. I loved my job, staff & patients.

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it? If I ould afford it, Disney land, never been there.
Have to settle for new clothes.

Anything else?: You're never too old to learn and I have learned so much from the people here.

Last edited by sef; 03-03-2007 at 02:26 PM.
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:57 PM   #10  
Mrs Piggys Fat Cousin

S/C/G: 225/210/140

Height: 5ft

User Name: SOME1SOSPECIAL

How did you choose your User Name?: WHEN I FIRST JOINED THE WWW 9 YEARS AGO I WAS STILL PRETTY HIGH ON MYSELF AND IT WAS THE ID I COME UP WITH FOR AOL AND USE IT FOR ALMOST EVERYTHING NOW LOL

Where do you live?: SOUTH TEXAS

Significant other?: MY HONEY BUNNY ROBERT, MARRIED 11 YEARS NOW

Kids?: MY 9 YEAR OLD SON R.J. & MY 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER CLARISSA

Pets?: ONE POORLY TRAINED PUG LOL

Work?: STAY AT HOME MOM BUT I JUST TURNED IN MY APPLICATION FOR SUBSTITUTE TEACHER

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: I'VE TRIED AND FAILED ATKINS BECAUSE IT RESTRICTED TO MUCH AND I LOVE FRUIT TO MUCH TO GIVE IT UP

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight: 224/214/145

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: SUSHI, FRIED CHICKEN, FRIED FISH, BROCOLLI AND CHEESE, ICE CREAM, POPCORN, BURGERS HORRIBLE I KNOW

Favorite book: HEAVEN BY V.C. ANDREWS

Favorite Movie: BETTER OFF DEAD, GOONIES, COMING TO AMERICA, DUMB AND DUMBER

Favorite song: THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME AND I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU BY BON JOVI

Last book you read: DONT EAT THIS BOOK FROM THE GUY THAT DID SUPERSIZE ME

What is your biggest pet peeve?: PERFECTLY HEALTHY PEOPLE THAT LIVE OFF THE GOVERNMENT RATHER THAN GET A JOB

What motivated you to lose weight?: I REALLY WANT TO BE HEALTHY

Something you like about yourself: I HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR (ALWAYS THE FUNNY FAT FRIEND)

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : I WISH I WAS AT LEAST 2 INCHES TALLER

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: MARILYN MONROE, I THINK SHE WAS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS AND I WISH I COULD HAVE HELPED HER SEE IT SHE MIGHT STILL BE AROUND TODAY

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: THAILAND, SPAIN, ITALY AND ROME

Your dream job: INTERIOR DESIGNER

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it?: HAVE PROFESSIONAL PICTURES TAKEN OF MYSELF, TREAT MYSELF TO A FULL DAY AT A SPA, AND HUGE SHOPPING SPREE!!

Anything else?: TOMORROW WILL BE MY FIRST DAY EVER TRYING SB

Last edited by some1sospecial; 11-30-2007 at 12:01 AM. Reason: MISSPELLING
some1sospecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/285/130

Default My Introduction

User Name: Momoftwinboys

How did you choose your User Name?: I have 4 year old twin boys.

Where do you live?: Stratham New Hampshire

Significant other?: My husband Ben

Kids?: Benjamin and Bryan

Pets?: Black Lab- Wilson

Work?: Special Education Teacher

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: I did Sugar Busters in 2001. I had heard about this WOE when I was researching PCOS. In 2001 it was the first time I was EVER successful w/ losing weight. I went off this WOE after having children in 2003 and it has taken me all of this time to get back on program. I now have diabetes and my numbers are out of control, I need to get healthy again!!!

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight: 285/285/130

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: Anything w/ Sugar....that will soon change.

Favorite book: Anything by James Patterson

Favorite Movie: Beaches

Favorite song: I love all music....everything from Country to Raggae

Last book you read: "Quickie"- James Patterson

What is your biggest pet peeve?: Shallow People

What motivated you to lose weight?: My children

Something you like about yourself: My kind spirit

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : My inability to stick with something....WOE, exercise program, etc.

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: I really don't know

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: Tropical Islands

Your dream job: I am doing it!!!! I love teaching!!!!

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it? Diamond band

Anything else?: Stylish new clothes
Momoftwinboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #12  
~

S/C/G: 200/174.6/140

Height: 5'8

User Name: Pinkadot

How did you choose your User Name?: Hmm well I am usually Rabmonk006 but I wanted something new

Where do you live?: Maine

Significant other?: I live with my boyfriend of 6 years, I have no interest in marriage or children at least not for 5-8 more years! lol

Kids?: see above

Pets?: no we had to give up my dog last year because she had too many health issues.. I had her for 11 years

Work?: I worked at kohls for 2 and a half years up until the end of October 07.. right now I am unemployed but a full time college student

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: 18 cavities.... and weight loss.. two birds with one stone?

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight: Right now I am starting AGAIN.. seems like all I am ever doing is STARTING a diet and never just following one. The past year I have been starting at 200, then I will lose about 15 pounds and get to 185 (I got to 179 once) and then I will fall off the wagon and end up back to 200. I probably did this about 6 times this year
So here I am again... 195. My ultimate goal is 135 .. my high school weight heheh.. But I REALLY want to develop STRONG exercise habits. I remember being 135 and having a really flabby stomach - no muscles at all! Now I just have a bigger flabby stomach

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: illegal foods? hehe.. well I love lobster and seafood.. I have an intense sweet tooth and I guess you could say I have a sour tooth?? lol.. I love all those weird candies that are pumped with about 5 diff types of acid.. citric acid etc. like warheads... I also love potatoes and pasta. Yep... gotta stop all that.

Favorite book: I dont read books outside from school.. why read books when you can play video games?

Favorite Movie: I have a bunch. The Heroic Trio, Monty Python and the Holy Grain, Pan's Labyrinth, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Dead Alive (Brain Dead), Army of Darkness, The Goonies, The Princess Bride, Jason and the Argonauts, Lord of the Rings, and a bunch more.

Favorite song: It changes monthly.. I would say this months is She Wants Revenge - True Romance

Last book you read:

What is your biggest pet peeve?: Bad spelling and grammar

What motivated you to lose weight?: I have been motivated and then unmotivated off and on again for the past 4 years.. I dont know what triggers it

Something you like about yourself: My uniqueness

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : I wish I had great skin? lol.. or is this something realistic.. if so um.. I would like to be less lazy less forgetful, and maybe a little more brave

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: I dont really have any interest in famous people... hmm.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: Paris

Your dream job: Playing video games and getting paid for it (not gonna happen lol)

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it? Id like to take a trip or a cruise

Last edited by Pinkadot; 12-13-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Pinkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #13  
A pound lost is a gain!

S/C/G: 265/194.5/170

Height: 5'7"

Default My introduction

User Name: jakebabe

How did you choose your User Name?: it was my nickname in highschool

Where do you live?:Oklahoma

Significant other?: yes

Kids?: 2 sons ages 36 and 32 and one daughter age 16

Pets?: one Boston Terrier, Jobe, one Rat Terrier, Bonnie and one tuxedo cat, Bella

Work?: full time materials coordinator for a hospital

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: I am Type 2 diabetic and need to loose 75 more pounds. My just counting carbs was not working anymore and Sugar Busters sounds like the plan to get the weight and glucose numbers moving again in the right direction.

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight: 265/247/170

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: doughnuts, Mexican, beef roast

Favorite book: don't really have a favorite - I love a really good mystery

Favorite Movie: "Beetlejuice"

Favorite song: anything by the Eagles

Last book you read: "Sugarbusters" for a review of the plan

What is your biggest pet peeve?: people looking for a handout when they could do for themselves

What motivated you to lose weight?: the diabetes diagnosis of too high glucose readings and I really want the weight off too

Something you like about yourself: I am a true and loyal friend

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : take care of me more, I take care of everyone else and there is hardly ever time for me

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: Keith Urban - I love his music and he is so nice to look at! I have seen him in person 3 times but a personal chat would be a dream come true!

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: Alaska cruise

Your dream job: psycologist

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it? to be able to get off the meds and buy all new clothes!

Anything else?: Support boards for Sugar Busters are hard to some by - I am so happy there is one here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jakebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/213/140

Height: 5'4"

Default My Bio

User Name: Snaps

How did you choose your User Name?: Nickname

Where do you live?: Central Mississippi

Significant other?: John

Kids?: 4 (3 grown, 1 deceased)

Pets?: Oh Yae! 4 mini wirehair dachshunds, 1 golden retriever, 1 "heritage unknown"

Work?: Nursing Professor

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: Great diet.

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight: 220/220/140

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: FOOD - no, seriously, being a New Orleans native, I love fried seafood, beans, and just about anything with rice. (sigh - have to switch to brown rice which I KNOW I'll grow to like, but right now, find it hard to swallow!)

Favorite book: anything light (have to read way to much "heavy" stuff at work)

Favorite Movie: Again - light, funny, and/or romantic

Favorite song: Cast Your Fate To The Winds

Last book you read: The Story of Philosophy

What is your biggest pet peeve?: Students who want an "A" but don't want to read or study.

What motivated you to lose weight?: the mirror

Something you like about yourself: I consider myself to be a kind, compassionate person.

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : Would love to be a better housekeeper

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: Martha Rogers - a great lady who developed a nursing theory that I consider "awsome"

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: Australia

Your dream job: Actually, I have it!

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it? A slim fitting top, to go with a pair of tight jeans and high heel boots.

Anything else?: Looking forward to my "journey" of losing weight - and to the support from this group.
Snaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #15  

Default Bio

User Name: cheesediplover

How did you choose your User Name?: by picking my favorite thing to eat

Where do you live?: 30 miles east of Atlanta, Ga.

Significant other?: Jon

Kids?: One son, nine years old, named Hunter

Pets?: One miniature Dachsund named Buster Brown, and two solid black
cats.Male is Oliver, female is Ophelia.

Work?: Heavy Equipment Service Technical Specialist

Why did you chose Sugarbusters?: referred to me by a dear friend and it looks
like a healthy lifestyle instead of another fad diet.

Start weight/Present weight/goal weight: 248/243/190

Favorite foods- Legal and not legal: peanut butter, cheese dip, chips, chocolate

Favorite book: Pride and Prejudice

Favorite Movie: Practical Magic

Favorite song: Champagne Supernova by Oasis

Last book you read: A thousand Splendid Suns

What is your biggest pet peeve?: People who lie to me

What motivated you to lose weight?: told that I am borderline diabetic at the age of 29.

Something you like about yourself: My red hair

Something you would like to change about yourself (and you can't say your weight on this one!) : I would like to work on my self-esteem.

If you could meet one famous person, past or present, who would it be, and why?: Jane Austen. She is my favorite author.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?: Santorini. Its one of the islands in Greece.

Your dream job: Work in a butterfly celarium

Do you have a reward in mind for when you reach your goal? What is it? NEW CLOTHES

Anything else?:
cheesediplover is offline   Reply With Quote