Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Passover and Easter are now over. How well did you stay on plan???
I plead the 5th! Don't ask, and I won't tell. 5 15.15%
I experienced temporary insanity! I forgot that I was on SB! 4 12.12%
I ate one thing that wasn't OP. 5 15.15%
I ate one meal off plan and then got right back OP. 4 12.12%
One day I threw all caution to the wind & then got right back OP. 3 9.09%
Blew the entire weekend, but am back OP starting today. 5 15.15%
I planned ahead and stayed on plan 100% the whole time. 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 03:12 PM   #16  
Goddess

Default Motivational Monday

A Cautionary Tale for Motivational Monday

OK, so Lent is over and I'm really wanting some chocolate. I didn't touch anything in the kid's Easter baskets, and I've been so good for so long, that once I got off the plane today I decided that a little chocolate wouldn't hurt me. So I bought a candy bar and two (!) boxes of Milk Duds. I ate the candy bar--and was into the Milk Duds when it happened--the Milk Dud took a major portion of one of my back teeth. Will see the dentist at 8:30 am tomorrow morning. I figure the crown will run me between 500-600 dollars. So here's my motivational thought--
GOD WILL GET YOU IF YOU GO OFF PROGRAM!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

A chastized and very humble Susan
Old 04-16-2001, 04:52 PM   #17  
aka Zippy LiverFace

I’m a member of the ever-lurking not always posting to everyone club. Nothing personal. You ladies are all awesome in my book and if I could I would respond to everyone. Just a few quickies before I have to run to the grocery store…..

IDBLOND – Thanks for checking in with us! We’ll be believing with you for a speedy recovery! Craving veggies and eggs? LOL!! I thought I’d never like spinach and mushrooms either. : )

CONFESSION – Cadbury Egg fan here, too!! I used to eat them till I was sick. I have sucessfully passed up the temptation this year. : grin :

DEBBIE – We made your “spank your pita” (not even going to attempt to spell that one!) recipe. I’m manging on it for lunch and it’s very yummy!! Enjoyed your chocolate stories!! LOL Thanks for sharing those!

SPARKLE – I’m working on an e-mail for you. I’m trying to save my time for here for non-work hours too and, as busy as I am right now it’s easy today – but not normally! I’ll post my b’fast from this morning for you: quiche, with ham and swiss cheese we made yesterday so we would have no-brainer breakfast with 1 cup of cereal.

GATORGAL – Good to see you back on the board! Glad to hear you’re doing well!! I’ll be in touch for lunch one day soon!

BOB – Hang in there!!! I’m soooo proud of you!!! I KNOW how hard it is to quit and am pulling for you! Congrats on feeling ready to step down on your dose!!! That must mean you are doing really well!!

KAREN – Thanks for the info on PCOS! I’m really pulling for this WOE and the glucophage to do what no other diet has done. The Vaniqa is awesome!!! I’ve told my mom and aunts about it and insisted they go get some for their chins and necks. They’re gonna love me!!

I have to confess – Friday is PIZZA DAY in our Department. The company buys us pizzas for lunch every Friday (great place to work, huh?) Anyway, I indulged on Friday and by the end of the work day I had a killer headache and had to lie down when I got home. Think it had anything to do with eating off plan? I do! Needless to say, I won’t be partaking anymore in the pizza days – unless I do the topping idea someone used earlier (sorry I can’t remember who). You ladies have not a few awesome recipes on these boards! I’ll try to add some of our favorite SB-friendly recipes this week, too.

I’m getting into the weightlifting things also and I have found the coolest website – it’s set up by a girl and has great easy to understand information and “how to” photos, etc. http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html I can’t speak highly enough of it. SPARKLE – she seems to have your energy and enthusiasm!

CAT – You ARE family here!! I don’t know squat about golf, but can ask my wonderful hubby about good back exercises. See the above link and I’m sure there’s lots of good info there, too.

I have to run….Have a great evening everyone!!
Old 04-16-2001, 04:53 PM   #18  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Afternoon Everyone!

Not much going on here-just hotter than heck here today-so glad I got my walk in early. Eli is working til midnight so I won't be seeing him til tomorrow. He's off tomorrow-YEAH!! Can't wait to finally have some time alone with him!!!

MELF, congrats on exercising every day last week, you did far better than I did! How many miles did you actually log over the course of the week? You must be feeling awesome! That's great that you were able to enjoy yourself yesterday and stay OP-I always try my best to plan ahead. My entire family knows how committed I am to this WOE and I have no qualms of taking food that I can have if there is nothing there I can eat. I drill my family about ingredients used in cooking and if they bought something and don't know what's in it, I won't eat it. I'm a fanatic at times and probably go overboard, but I really want this so badly, I don't care what they may think!! Thanks for the motivational thought, it's an oldie, but a goodie!!

CATHY2, welcome to the "I lost my post" club-I can surely sympathize with you on that event! The best almond butter I have found is MARANTHA, which they have a many HFS, yet, it's half the price at a Trader Joes, so I try to stock up when I go to one (like buying 6 jars at once). I would say, if you have a HFS in your area, like Wild Oats, I know mine has a fresh grinder there with almonds, but you can always make your own by throwing some roasted almonds in the food processor-nothing but almonds-it's sooo yummy!!!

ROSALIE, how was your badminton game? Okay for those of us that are older and don't have a clue about metrics, what is 3.5K equaled to in the States? Thanks for the tip on the echos on AOL, I did use a headphone, but not sure if QUILTER did, will have to find out. QUILTER isn't on AOL, she uses another server. It sounds like you do get enough fiber, esp. if you eat beans. Glad you had a laugh with the chocolate, I'm sure I must be a sight for anyone watching me Eli's been lucky twice with customs. When he came back from Lebanon last year, he had a slew of stuff in his luggage, which didn't get back with him, so they had to deliver it to the house, hence, no customs!!!

KAREN, congrats on being down 3lbs-that's awesome to come back from a vacation showing a loss! Honestly, I thought your birthday was earlier in April, but I'm sure glad you mentioned that it was this Thursday! I posted it above with BIGO'S day-everyone should have their bdays recognized! That is, except mine when I turn 40! Girl, I can totally understand how you feel about having your b.day forgotten like it was last year-I am the same as you, I make plans and buy cards and gifts way ahead of time, and if I'm forgotten, I feel bad. Not that I want anything at all, but it's nice to be remembered. Like for Mother's Day, my kids usually don't get me anything cause I always tell them I don't want anything, but deep down, I'd sure like it if they'd take a hint and when they see I'm interested in something that they get it-usually, it's just a couple dollars really. Whenever I see they have interest in something, I'll buy it later and put it away in my little store (closet), so come a b.day or Hanukkah, I have things I know they really want. I'm sure you understand. I know I have to change my routine, and I do have the tae bo tapes, but I don't like doing it. I'm thinking about maybe joining the gym over the summer. As it rains so much here it's hard to get in my walking, maybe this would motivate me a bit to do something else.

MARGARET, roast baby goat? What is that similar in tasting like? I like goat cheese but not sure I could stomach a baby goat. LOL! Okay, I must ask, what does AFK mean, I must be so dense! Eli went to Cananda, Montreal to be exact, to visit his sister and his brother who came in, as well as other family. I wanted to go, but stayed home

GLORY, if you only KNEW how many bars of chocolate I had, you'd die laughing-I'd say close to 20 now!!!! Hmm, are you implying I should maybe share? Thanks for keeping track, Karen did finally admit to having a birthday this week!!!

FILLISE, oh my gosh-what can I say! There was devine intervention maybe when that Milk Dud hit your back tooth? See, your mistake was saying a little candy, which could of been the chocolate bar-the 2 boxes of Milk Duds where not part of the plan of being a little candy! Oh my, that much money for going off plan-I'm sure to stay OP forever, I couldn't afford having that happen to me-and I do like MD's! Hope all goes well tomorrow at the Dentist-I wouldn't wish that on anyone, no matter how much they cheated.

SOL, I love spankopita-I think that's how you spell it. I should try to make it, I have a recipe from my cousin and I also found WW phyllo dough!!!! Pizza will do that to you-it only takes one time like that to not do it again! Will e-mail you later!

Going to go see what I can throw on the table and call "dinner" now. I'll check in with you all probably after "Everybody Loves Raymond!"

Toodles

Debbie
194/134/129
SB since 3/22/00

Last edited by Debelli; 04-16-2001 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-16-2001, 05:11 PM   #19  

Hey Everyone,

Just stopping by for a moment.

I'll be away for a week beginning Wednesday. I'll be in Birmingham. AL until Sunday and then travel back to Jackson, MS until the following Wednesday.

I'll try to check in when possible!

Blessings,
StarChaser
Old 04-16-2001, 06:07 PM   #20  
Little Engine That Could

Here's my motivational contribution for the day.
"Big goals get big results. No goals gets no results or somebody else’s results." MVH

SolShine--Try taking a WW pita loaf or WW tortilla to work on Friday and scraping the toppings off the Domino’s or whatever they get and piling it on your own pita. Scraping 2 pieces of pizza onto your own bread would make a wonderful lunch.

Margaret--I can identify somewhat with your saying that maybe you are TOO LAID BACK on the SB WOE. It’s probably true, and instead of really being too laid back, you have not really started on the commitment. I did that. Just kinda “tinkered around” with SB but in reality was “cheating” all the time so that I had the knowledge in my head but not the actions in my life. I didn’t want to face the fact that I was gonna have to truly make some changes to see a difference in my weight. I wanted to think that if I just did a bit of SB, that would be enough and I would lose the weight that way. NOT. So, think about your goals, and why you want to make changes. Actually, think about IF you want to make changes. I finally had to deal with that, and it took almost a year for me to start getting some sanity into my eating life.

Well, I just got back from lifting the weights. I think I was tired from yesterday. I walked those 2 miles pretty fast, for me! I couldn’t do as well as the time before, and felt so “dead” that I almost sauntered on the TM. Oh well, there are days and there are days.

Gotta go. Have lots of planning work to be done. Take care.
Old 04-16-2001, 06:54 PM   #21  

Default Ok, all caught up in reading for now.

Just a few replies.

OVERCOME, Yes, I stayed OP. Your dinner & your DH sound fabulous! Good husbands are hard to come by. Your sounds like a jewel. LOL

CATHYCATHY Sorry you're having such a bad time with the brown rice. Have you tried it in a steamer? What are you seaoning it with? I add a chicken boullion cube, are a vegetable cube that I found at the HFS. That may make a difference in the taste also.

GATORGAL, Re. the page numbers, there are page numbers at the bottom of the screen, but it is a list of page numbers. For example << < 5 6 7 8 > >>
Those are the only page numbers I see and I can’t figure out which of those pages I’m on.

If you bring your mouse pointer over the numbers, the pointer will change to a hand unless it's the page that you are on. That's how you can tell where you are.

KAREN, Glad to hear that you made it back home safely & that you stayed OP while you were away.

Debbie, In regards to the fiber question, I voted 10-20 gms which was pretty much of a quess since I don't always write what I eat, but I come pretty close I think. I sure got a from your story about Eli's smuggling the saugage in his dirty laundry. you're too much!

Total for last week:
Walked 10.5 miles
Cardio 74 minutes, 2135 pulls/reps, burned 376 cals

CATLOVER Glad to hear that you were able to pass up the candy yesterday. Hey, I'll be pretty close to your neck of the woods this coming Saturday. We'll be in Dayton, TX for Dayton Ole Tyme Days Sat & Sun. Two of my daughters will be singing for the 3rd year there. They call themselves "Moma's Pride". Now I did not chose this name for them...they did it own their own. We are also going to be helping out this year with the Goat Dressing Contest. The kids loved it last year, so We were asked to help out with registration. We always have such a good time there. It's a town wide effort to raise scholarship money for local kids.

ROSALIE, I don't see the talk option on my AIM, I probably need to update it. Will check into that.

GLORYB! Yes, I agree. Things were so much more simple in OUR day. It seems as though things are sooooooo different, so complicated for our children & grandchildren. They seem to think I'm a little demented when I talk about how things were when I grew up. Oh well....

FILLISE, OMG!!! What a thing to happen!? I had to at your new signature. I'm so sorry to hear your sad tale.

Been missing a few regulars, like Kim/Quilter, Viv, & others. Hope all is ok with all of you?
Old 04-16-2001, 07:54 PM   #22  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default HELLLLLOOOOO EVERYBUDDY!!!

DAY 15......no smokey the ciggy!!!!

FEELIN FINE I MUST SAY!!! Tomorrow is my last big dose patch, then I'm starting the step down. I went ahead and bought all that I need. I'm doing a month on
each of the remaning two steps...The way I feel right now, that should do it! (I HOPE )
As for staying on program, I've not too bad, but I've not done real good either..BUT, I will worry about that after the cravings stop
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU...I read your praise every day and it sure does keep me going!

As for the upcoming BIRTHDAY It sure does feel good to know that I will finally turn 21!!
Thanks to all who gave the early wishes As for plans, my nephew told me yesterday we were going out to dinner...Sam Seltzers I believe...home of the lb of prime rib for $11.95 I usually get the grilled salmon..it's good....not as good as OUTBACK, but good...I'll let you know how it goes and everything that happens...

Got to go, everything I watch is new tonight...Have a good rest of the evening...

BOB
Old 04-16-2001, 08:23 PM   #23  

Default Just Want To Say, "Hi"!

Hi, I used to post as, "icesktfn", but I stopped posting, and forgot my password, so here I am as "iceskatefan". I am from New Orleans, and was excited to see other "Louisianians" had joined the board. I am a "on again-off again" SB'er. The doctor put me on SB for medical problems-not for weight loss, and I just can't seem to stay on for longer than a few weeks at a time, and then I fall off, and start the cycle all over again. I am always so impressed at how well most of you seem to be so dedicated!!!
I just recently read Schwarzbein's book, "The Schwarzbein Principle", and realized that I am not alone in having carbo cravings, and that it takes time to get off completely. Someone on this board suggested that I read this last year, and it took me this long to actually do. So, to whomever: {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for the suggestion. Maybe, I can actually be successful this time around!
So, here I am again...
I didn't prepare a motivational saying today...and can't promise that I will be a daily poster, but I will try. I thank all of you for just being here. I hope that in time I can be as helpful to you as you all are to me.
iceskatefan
Old 04-16-2001, 08:49 PM   #24  

Default Nope, I didn't fall off the face of the earth!!!

Hi Everybody!!!!!

I’m back. Man, did I miss you all last week!!! So sorry I wasn’t on, but really and truly ran out of time. We had a great weekend. Celebrated anniversary number 5. But since there was a curfew at 8 pm we had to stay home instead of going out. Bummer. Then spent Friday and Saturday at my brother’s house. They are really supporting me with my sb eating. SIL told me to bring my ww flour so that we could use it instead of the icky stuff. Also they were very great about making sure I had enough to eat at every meal. It was wonderful. I was 100% faithful to sb all weekend. That felt great!!! Wish the scales would have noticed all my hard work this morning, but they are ignoring that and keeping me at the same spot.

Here’s another thing . . . today at least 3 people brought in all their leftover Easter **** and dumped it right in the middle of the office. I was pretty ticked. Just throw it away for crying out LOUD!!!!! Anyways about halfway through the day I got sick of looking at it and I picked it all up and put in sort of out of the way. At least it wasn’t under my nose. Anyways, I didn’t eat any of it . . . there was also two kinds of cake. Ugh!!! Anyways, now that I got through the day without succumbing I’m not so mad that they brought it in. Funny how it’s all about ME!!! Ha!!!!!

So now I am SO BEHIND on reading the posts. Think I’ll start with today’s and then try and go back later in the week to catch up on last week’s. So sorry if any of you have written anything to me that I haven’t answered. It is unintentional for sure.

CATLOVER---Here’s a late WELCOME from a delinquent chick!!! Glad you are here with us and I’m sorry I wasn’t able to officially welcome you at the very beginning. Way to go on giving the Easter candy the cold shoulder. That’s such a cool feeling to give yourself a pat on the back after you don’t give in. Isn’t it???

Okay DEB . . . who is going to eat the food that Eli had wrapped his his undies???? Doesn’t sound all that appealing. HA!

MELF---You are the exercise queen!!! Every day last week? That’s awesome!!! I’ll bet it was nippy doing those four miles this morning. Kept going fast to keep warm?

ROSALIE---Hey!!! I don’t use AOL, just IM. That’s why I have the little globe by my name in your buddy list. People who use AOL only have the blue triangle. Yes, my husband and his brother use the headphones and it works much better. No echo at all. If DEB and I were going to do a full fledged gab session, I’d have suggested that. It was kind of weird hearing myself on her computer. Hey, I got my Rodney Yee tapes today. As soon as I finish here I’m going to go check out the PM one. He doesn’t do the pm, just the am. Some woman does the pm. I’m sure she’s just as good as Rodney. Also can’t remember if I told you that I signed up for a yoga class at the nearby hospital. Wednesday nights. Hope I’m not the biggest cluts in the room.

KAREN---Three pounds on vacation???? You are extremely incredible and I am so happy for you!!! That’s so hard to stay on track while vacationing. You did it!!!!! SUPER!!!! Wish we could have met while you circled Cinti. Good thing you went around . . . all the unrest here is not very inviting for tourists and drive through people. Makes me sad to know that you were here and I missed you. We were probably out of town anyways. My timing is terrible!!! BTW, you are down 20 pounds in less time than I’ve done my 13. You are really working hard and it’s certainly paying off for you. Let’s imagine how many sticks of butter you have lost. 20 times 4 . . . that would be EIGHTY STICKS OF BUTTER OFF YOUR BOD!!!!! Awesome!!!

FILLISE---Wow!!! That really “bites” about your tooth breaking. (Sorry for the pun!) But I do want you to know that I took your example of how dangerous it is to go off program. Hope the dentist can work magic and that it’s not even one little bit owwy.

STARCHASER---Have a great trip!! We’ll miss you.

GATOR---Really liked your motivation today. Sounds simple, but is so true and so much what I need to hear.

BOB---Way to go, you EX-smoker!!! That is so great that you are going strong. I think of you daily and keep my fingers crossed for you. Sending you some congrats hugs right now.

ICESKATEFAN---Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! Good to have you back with us. You’ll get tons of support here and we’ll all send good thoughts your way that you’re able to reach your goal. Thanks for posting your picture. It’s nice to have faces with names.

Well, gals, it’s truly so good to be back. I know I’ve missed so much good stuff and bits of wonderful wisdom from you. Hopefully this week’s schedule will be back to normal. I’m going to go check ou tmy new yoga tape and I’ll report on it tomorrow. There’s an am workou and a pm workout. Maybe this will help with the sleeping. Bye everyone.

Take Care!
Kim
185/172/139
since January 2, 2001
Old 04-16-2001, 09:28 PM   #25  

Default Good Bye Norma Jean

It's me, Frog, have to say goodbye to Norma Jean tomorrow when I take the wig back!

It was a blast! I have some Polaroids that I will scan at work tomorrow. Mr. HB took them after the party to you can't see the dress and all that and I don't think there were any other pics except for the video which I am afraid to see! He was not surprised by the party but he was by the whole Marilyn thing!

I lost my mind Saturday and bought some cookies and thought that I would only eat one. HA!!! I felt like an alcoholic looking for a drink! Now I know how BOB must feel about those smokes! I took what was left of them to work today and placed them in the breakroom. Lesson learned! I also can't help but wonder if the Zyrtec I was on for a few days was making my appetite go ape! I stopped taking it and went back to the Allegra because the Zyrtec made me so sleepy I could hardly hold my head up at 4:00 in the afternoon and I wasn't sleeping well. Today was better with being OP and energy level.

I am dreading WIW for the first time in months. Preparing for TOM and with the cookie fiasco, who knows what kind of damage I've done! YIKES! Live and learn.

Talked to Winnie on Sat. I hope y'all will contact her.

I admit that I haven't read the posts from today. I did go back and read some from Fri-Sun. Hope all had a very nice Easter and Passover holiday.

Well, gotta go give hubby some time too. Looking forward to chatting tomorrow.

Peace,
Frog
Old 04-16-2001, 09:38 PM   #26  

Default Wanted to share some exciting news!

Hi Everyone!
I went shopping today & decided to buy a few new items of clothing since mine is kind of getting too big! You know, my weight may not be going down alot, but I am certainly loosing inches. During Christmas holidays, I was wearing size 16 jeans. Well, I bought a 12 last week & they really are loose. Today I bought a size10! I also saw that WalMart is now carrying Nurse's uniforms, so I kicked up a med top & med pants to try on. When I tried the pants I found that they were pretty loose, so I went back & got a small. I even because I thought to myself....they'll never fit. I was wrong!!! They are in the wash right now Enough about me, but couldn't help but share that exciting news with all you gals.

iceskatefan Welcome to the board. My, another LA girl... glad to see you are joining us and I hope you stick around to get to know us. You will find lots of support here.
Old 04-16-2001, 10:25 PM   #27  

hi everyone!

just a short note this evening. i've been having problems with allergies and my head feels like it's going to explode. so...

bob: happy birthday!! and keep up the great work with your no smoking.

karen: happy birthday!! and it was me who lives in Indianapolis. I'm glad to hear that you were able to find your way out of Indy and get back home. I guess there will be lots of construction throughout the whole summer.

everyone have a great SB day!

cheri
Old 04-16-2001, 10:34 PM   #28  

Default A heartbreaking Day

I has been a very hard day today and I felt like indulging myself into some of the easter eggs left... I want to eat my feelings away... as usual.

I turned our 10 months old dog into the pound today because we can't handle him anymore. Its causing me major stress headaches and all we do is trying to get the dog to comply and we finally came to the conclusion that we can't do this anymore. We just don't have the time to go out and let him roam for hours on end....

It hurts and I want to eat, eat, eat. I know it will only make me feel like sh** tomorrow when I look at the scale, but it feel so comforting when I stuff myself with Chocolate... I hate this....

I just read some messages and I think I will head to bed... without the eggs. Not even one. I can do it... I can make it through this.....
Old 04-16-2001, 11:17 PM   #29  

Good evening all

Thought I would get in a quick post before heading off to bed. Have to be up and out early in the morning - working the day shift. Hopefully I can lurk and read the posts while I am at work. Had a good workout at badminton to-day - played about five games. Feeling kind of pooped right now and ready for bed.

Debbie - A km is about 6/10 of a mile. So 3.5km is about 2.2 miles. I was wondering if the reason I couldn't talk to you the other day was because I didn't have "SB SuperChick" on my buddy list. I've added it to the list. Maybe we can try again sometime.

Kim - Hope you enjoy your yoga tapes. I'd be interested to know what they are like. Who's Rodney Yee? Is he the guy that was on the Oprah show? I checked out my buddy list for IM but I don't see any globes or triangles by the buddy names. Maybe I have a different edition of IM.

Iceskatefan - Welcome to the board. Hope to get to know you soon.

BigO - Way to go on the NO CIGGYS. Good luck with the new patches.

Melf - That's great that you are down three sizes. Doesn't it make you feel good?

MargaretA - I play badminton in the local seniors centre (55 and over). I don't have to join a club, just pay a small annual fee to belong to the centre. It's a drop-in program which runs three days a week. You see there are some advantages to being a senior!

Gotta go. Will check in to-morrow.

Bye

Marie.
Old 04-17-2001, 09:19 AM   #30  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Morning Everyone!

I wasn't able to get back to the board last night. Michael had a ton of homework and I finally went to sleep instead of waiting to see when he'd get off the computer.

Got in my walk today, really had no desire to go, but went anyhow. It is dark and overcast with the threat of rain here-such a beautiful day! I say that only because it's a tad cooler and this weather is going to bring a cold front tomorrow morning-a relief from the 90's we've had in the last week!

My weight is still up, 5 days in a row-needless to say, I'm NOT happy!

BIGO, keep up the great work on the cigs, I'm sure they are behind you now. Afterwards, you'll pick up where you left off to be back OP. Ummm, if you're 21, I'm the Queen of England-now, if you would of said, just turning 40, then I would back you up! I think Sharon has been to that Sam Seltzers before, and I believe she said it was good. Is that in Tampa? I'm sure you will enjoy it!

ICESKATE, WELCOME TO OUR BOARD! You are right there are quite a few gals from LA, I think you are all overtaking the board from those of us in FL. Is it possible that you go off plan after a few weeks because you don't fully allow your body to detox from the sugars and refined products? I know for many, if you follow the plan 100% you WILL not have the cravings that make many go off plan, so maybe if you stick it out, do it 100%, you will be able to stick with it more than a few weeks. Just my 2 cents. We are all here and willing to help you in any way!!!! Again, welcome to the board!

QUILTER, Happy Anniversary a little late. Glad to hear they finally lifted the curfews there, hope things can get back to normal now. Honey, I'm right there with you, I've been "stuck up" and remain stuck up, no matter WHAT I do-so your in good company. Hmmm, I don't think Eli specified WHICH food was wrapped in undies-hopefully, it's not something I'd want to eat in the first place!

FROG, can't wait to see your pics! Sounds like you had fun playing Marilyn! I get like that, need carbs, carbs, carbs during those TOM, that I seem ravenous-next time you find you really need to get something like that, look for Joseph's cookies. They are really good, made with WW flour, and malitol. Glad to hear you spoke to Winnie, what did she think?? Love the frog!!!!

MELF, you go girl! Size 10!!! WOO HOO!!!!! That must be an incredible feeling for you.

CHERI, hope you feel better, allergies can really be the pits!

CATSRULE, sorry to hear about your dog. My sister went through the same thing when she got a puppy from the pound. It was harder than she thought, along with having 2 little ones, she just couldn't commit to the dog and felt it was best while it was still young. I hope you will be able to look forward and not console yourself with food-I've learned long ago, it only helps for the moment, so we think. Keep us informed and here's a big {{{{HUG}}}}

ROSALIE, thanks for the metric explanation! That's a nice walk for you! I don't keep the AOL IM up, but if I see you on my buddy list, I'll let you know if I'm on the computer-would love to chat!

Got to run, Eli is off today-have yet to see him more than 5 minutes since he's been back. I'll check in with you all later.

Please remember, TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!!

Debbie
194/134/129
SB since 3/22/00
Closed Thread