Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 08:47 AM   #1  

Question questions and frustrations

HELP!!!

I just started SB and was really excited about how easy it was and how much i enjoyed it. After 12 days I got on the scale and was only down 3 lbs. OK, I know that slow is better but lets face the facts, I weigh over 200lbs, I was very faithful to the plan, I have lost 9 lbs in one week on other plans (both atkins and N.S.). SO i am wondering if i am doing something wrong. My sister lost 6 lbs in her first week of W.W. and she weighs 60lbs less than me. Do you see why I am frustrated.

My typical meal is:
Breakfast: w.w. toast w/ peanut butter or fiber one cereal
snack: apple
lunch; subway sandwich on w.w. Turkey w/ no cheese
dinner: protein and veggies

To me this should be ok but I am wondering if instead of justlooking at sugar content if i need to pay better attention to the number of carbs. I now that there is no majic number of how many carbs are acceptable in the book but does someone who is more experienced know whether I should be watching them more?
Please help this fat person in MO stay on track.

sarah
Old 04-11-2003, 11:28 AM   #2  

Sarah...

I was wondering the same thing........About the Carbs...

So any info... posted would be helpful to me too... i have only been a SB for less then 2 weeks... and Although i havent stuck to the Sugar Free part Faithfully have lost 7 lbs...
However I am taking a Natural Diarutic... Helping me to lose some of the 40 lbs of water my Chiropracter says I am carrying around my middle... Havent lost any inches yet... Have been eating regular meals 3 times a day... with a snack or two... Also have added exercise of averge 45 minutes every other day... (*knee problems) proclude doing it every day...

But I think I would actually get at the real FAT Loss if I could CUT DOWN ON My CARBS..... (also believe I am borderline Diabetic, if not Type 2... havent been diagnoised but pretty convinced I am)...
Know to many people who are.... and my symptoms are worse then most of theirs....

Anyways... sorry to talk your ear off...
Hope you get some positive feed back, about the Carbs...

Here are a few tips of my own...
Firstly KEEP AT IT>>>>>>>>>>> 2ndly...dont weigh everyday...if you can resist it... can get depressing up and down water weight changes... or muscle/fat change......
Try to SET goals... and work at meeting them...one at a time...

GL, and KAI
deb
Old 04-11-2003, 11:35 AM   #3  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hi Sarah,

Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to copy your post over on the SB WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD so everyone can see and reply to it, along with myself.

When you get over there, either use the QUICK REPLY box at the bottom of the page or hit POST REPLY, just don't hit new thread.

See you over there!

Debbie
Closed Thread