3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 3/17-3/23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/25758-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-3-17-3-23-a.html)

YellowRose 03-20-2003 11:54 AM

Hi Everyone,

I do so appreciate the good wishes and thoughts from everyone. I can't believe it has been so long since I have been on the board. I am still recovering but still in this sling and using only one hand. I am suppose to go back to the doctor next Tues. and I will hopefully know more then. After thinking back on the last few weeks, I feel that I have been in a depressed and grieving state. I can now see some sunshine and am mentally returning to my former self. As you can well imagine, my family is happy about this as am I.

I have missed so much from all of you and I will try to catch up and respond. I do see that Monet has a birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and Jack-K has lost 102 pounds...right? WOW. I hope everyone else is doing well.

I will write soon.

miata1997 03-20-2003 12:38 PM

Hello Everyone, Sorry it has been so long, can't believe it is thursday already. Just wanted to tell yu I weighed in on Tues...Down 2.5 lbs...Very happy. I now weigh 193.25. It was funny cause the little old lady weighed me in as losing 3.5 and after thinking I was great, I decided to have her recheck. She did and she had messed up. I am glad I figured it out couse it is best to get an actual reading.I have lost 6.50 lbs I think since I started tops and SB. It isn't much, but It looks good on me. I have had several coments and that makes me happy.

Quilter..I am up to your challange for the being really good starting now. I did make it to curves 5 days last week, and will get there 5 days this week too. I might even get some walking in on Sunday after church. Maybe I could walk to work, andhave my dh pick me up..Yea that would work.

Sounds like everyone I doing great and I am sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone. When you miss a day it is hard to get caught up.

Oh yes just wanted to tell you we got our Honda back, only needed a new battery. (at least we think, that could change when i go out there to see if it starts) Didn't really notice any mushrooms, just mold. I think they dryed up since it has been warm and sunny in Sac.,. It will be a good winter car for me ...I am so happy to have it home...

talk soon

Kathy

jecrites 03-20-2003 01:17 PM

Hello everyone

Well, I didn't get myself on the scales yesterday, but I did get it done today. I am down 1.5 pounds!!!!! It's been a while since I've seen any action of any kind on my scales, so I'm really happy.
As I am new here and I can't remember everyone's names yet, I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the birthday gal on here, and congratulations to everyone. Now that I know there are more people than myself doing this WOE, and that they ARE loosing, it really gets me motivated. I haven't gotten myself out for a walk yet, and that's mainly because of weather and the 3 yr. old here at home, but I'm really wanting to get out there, and hopefully the weather will cooperate tomorrow or even later on today so I can. Thank you all for welcoming me to the boards!!!!
:grouphug:

heartmom 03-20-2003 01:35 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONET!!

JECRITES- I know how it is having a toddler- mine will be 3 next month. Get the Walk Away the Pounds for Abs(by Leslie Sansone). You don't need much room and there's a 1 mile tape that you do in 15 min, 2 mile in 30 min, and 3 mile in 45 min. It's a really good workout and it's under $30(Walmart).

Okay, I'm at 201 today(sorry Deb, couldn't resist the urge to weigh). So only 1 more pound before I'm back to my low. I decided to take my measurements and I'm down 2 inches since the 6th, although I'm still at the same weight. I measure EVERYTHING! I lost from my stomach and hips(yay). I even measure my "upper" waist(the area right below the ribs), my lower waist(where my waistband hits of my pants) and my abdomen(the gut below the belly button). So I'm very thourough,lol. Oh, and I got my 2 mile tape in for the day. So that makes 3 days in a row this week. I'm wanting to do 5 days a week- but I'm so busy from Fri-Sun. Maybe I can do it Mon-Thursday and try to get 1 in on Sunday morning.

sef 03-20-2003 02:04 PM

HiedieHo All!

Had a wonderful group at the NH this morning. Everyone was very interested in the war news. Also compared the new missiles etc., to what was used in "their day". Also read those patriotic items I posted here. Good responsive group!

Want to go to the stitching group this afternoon. I went once four weeks ago, they meet first and third Thursdays, missed the next because I was sick. Really want to go to this one. The other ladies were very nice and I want to continue.

MONET: What a nice gift! Hope your burning esophagus feels better soon. My feeling on the cake, the big five-oh only comes once, so enjoy. Be a shame to spoil it for Erik by refusing! See, I'm bad too! I guess that might be a problem! Oh by the way, the potatoes are a different matter, a NO-NO!

DEB: After all these years you don't know where your stomach is!?! Hope you feel better, time for a check-up. Yeah, the crochet drove me crazy. When I'm done here am going to give it a try again. I have little mistakes before on different projects but not like this one. I'm making myself bald!! I can't remember, have you done a poll on how much people feel they have to lose?

YELLOW: Hope you get a good doctor report and will be able to use both hands soon.

Have to get ready to go to stitching group.

Take care all, Shirley

sef 03-20-2003 02:09 PM

FF

FACTS

Q. What is the difference between a drug dealer and a hooker?
A. A hooker can wash her crack and sell it again.

Q. Why do women call it PMS?
A. Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Q. What's a mixed feeling?
A. When you see your mother-in-law backing off a cliff in your new car.

Q. What's the height of conceit?
A. Having an orgasm and calling out your own name.

Q. What's the definition of macho?
A. Jogging home from your vasectomy.

Q. What's the difference between a G-Spot and a golf ball?
A. A guy will actually search for a golf ball.

Q. Do you know how New Zealanders practice safe sex?
A. They spray paint X's on the back of the sheep that kick.

Q. Why is divorce so expensive?
A. Because it's worth it.

Q. What is a Yankee?
A. The same as a quickie, but a guy can do it alone.

Q. What do Tupperware and a walrus have in common?
A. They both like a tight seal.

Q. What do a Christmas tree and priest have in common?
A. Their balls are just for decoration.

Q. What is the difference between "ooooooh" and "aaaaaaah"?
A. About three inches.

Q. What do you call a Lesbian with fat fingers?
A. Well-Hung.

Q. Why do Gay men wear ribbed condoms?
A. For traction in the mud.

Q: What's the difference between purple and pink?
A. The grip.

Q: How do you find a blind man in a nudist colony?
A. It's not hard.

Q: How do you circumcise a hillbilly?
A: Kick his sister in the jaw.

Q: What's the difference between a girlfriend and a wife?
A: 45 pounds.

Q: What's the difference between a boyfriend and a husband?
A: 45 minutes.

Q: Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?
A: Breasts don't have eyes.

Q: If the dove is the bird of peace, what is the bird of true love?
A. The swallow.

Q: What is the difference between medium and rare?
A: Six inches is medium, eight inches is rare.

Q: Why do most women pay more attention to their appearance than
____improving their minds?
A. Because most men are stupid but few are blind.

Q. Why do women rub their eyes when they get up in the morning?
A. They don't have balls to scratch

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CHINESE PROVERBS
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Virginity like bubble, one prick, all gone.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who run in front of car get tired.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man with one chopstick go hungry.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who scratch *** should not bite fingernails.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Baseball is wrong: man with four balls cannot walk.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Panties not best thing on earth! but next to best thing on earth.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cat house.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who drive like ****, bound to get there.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who live in glass house should change clothes in basement.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Man who fart in church sit in own pew.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Crowded elevator smell different to midget.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Solly 03-20-2003 04:43 PM

HeyGang,

I'm off to do some shoe shopping and some clothes, then to the tanning bed (I know they are bad for you). Then home to workout and crash.

Zanne, some days are bodies are just hungry. I was starving for 2 days and then yesterday not hungry at all. Bring some of that energy down here, my bathroom could really use a good cleaning. If you like chips & cheesies at night, try the cheese straws I posted on the recipe board. They are great and really fill that "cheese nip - cheetos" void.

JECrites, I guess it depends on how much you weigh and how big is your"flap". I was at 257 when I started and my stomach was overlapping. I do ab trainign EVERY day. It has gone down considerably but at age 50 I have a lot of saggy skin. That is why I strongly recommend losing your weight while you are you and your skin has elasticity to it. Check out the recipe boards for differnt things to eat. There are some good one on there.

Deb, Glad you got your walk in today in spite of the heat and your health. I'm just glad the computers only have sound and not smell. :lol: Really no celebration yesterday. Dinner, workout and then bunco. No plans on when I reach goal. Unless I go out and eat something! just kidding.

Yellow Rose, It is so good to hear from you. I hope you are recovering quickly and will be out of that sling soon. Winter is depressing enough w/o all the other health problems you have had. Glad you are getting back to your old self and hope you can join us more frequetly soon.

Miata, 6.5 lbs is something to be proud of as is 2.5. Congrats. Of course comments always make yo feel good. Glad your car is in good condition.

Jcrites, Congrats on the 1.5 loss and the scale finally moving for you. Yes there are many others doing this WOE and loving it.

Heartmom, Only 2 lbs to go. You can do it by next week. Hang in there. WTG on the 2 inches. That is great.

Sef, I bet taht would be intresting listening to all those oldsters telling about war in their day. I could listen for hours to some of those stories. Loved the jokes.

You all have a great evening.

Jackie
257/155/145
10-10-01

heartmom 03-20-2003 05:12 PM

SEF- you naughty girl! I loved the jokes!

I was bored so I hopped on the computer to kill some time. Just got finished eating strawberries with splenda lightly sprinkled on top. I've got a headache, I think sinus. The weather today is absolutely gorgeous- nice way to welcome Spring. It's sunny and 83 right now. Talk to you guys later.

jecrites 03-20-2003 05:18 PM

Heartmom: Thanks for telling me about the walking videos. I'll be looking for them over the weekend, and hopefully they'll have it here.

Jack-k: Thanks for answering my question. What ab exercises do you do? I have a pilates video, and I really need to get myself committed to doing it every day. I've been pretty wrapped up in this war right now since my hubby is in the Air Force.

Thanks for the advice!!!!!!!

Zanne 03-20-2003 07:00 PM

Good Evening Everyone

Well, I've eaten 100% OP so far today. DH brought home some chocolate covered almonds a coworker was selling for his kid. I almost had one, but I knew I couldn't stop at one. I had a glass of milk instead.

I'm getting my salt cravings fed with feta cheese and olives! I never used to like olives and I've been eating them like crazy the last couple of days.

I'm moving a little more than I have been. DH needs the car for work, so I have to walk anywhere. We only live 15minutes from the mall/grocery store. But at least it's better than what I have been doing.

I found a 4 week program in Muscle and Fitness Hers today. Supposed to help you lose 10 lbs in the 4 weeks. It has 2 cardio workouts a day and weights 3 times a week. I think I'm gonna give it a shot. I may not do the 2 cardio workouts every day, and I'm not expecting to lose a whole 10 lbs(if I do, that would be nice) I just like the fact that the program is spelled out for me. Might be what I need to get exercise back as a habit.

JACKK--I printed out the recipe. I will try them one day. I eat the snacks at night out of habit, not because I'm hungry. So I think I'll stick to my knitting and a big bottle of water!

JECRITES--WTG on the loss!

MIATA--Whoohoo for your loss!

YELLOWROSE--Glad to hear you're coming out of your funk. I hope you get good news from your doc.

Time to go veg out.

sef 03-20-2003 08:57 PM

HiedieHo All!

I had a lovely time at the stitch group. One of the ladies I met the last time had said that she wanted to relearn crocheting, as she hadn't sone it in 20 years or so. I had told her I would help her and then didn't make the last get together because of illness. Bless her heart, she was there today and had managed to catch up on the siple stitches herself, but couldn't figure out hoe to make a treble cluster, so I helped her. They all were ooooohing and aaaahing over my afghan, I had to tell them I wasn't so hot as I was having trouble. No one knew how to help me because it is so inticate. I decided to tear out that design and start it over. I had to make a mistake somewhere and it's only onout 1000 stitches! ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

HEART: I know I'm a dirty old lady!!!! I didn't know how others might feel. I had sent them to Deb and she suggested putting them on board. I liked them! Thanks for the compliment, I like being naughty! I have strawberries planned for later. I didn;t eat any carbs all day so I could enjoy some lasagna for supper.

Think I will go and start ripping out stitches!

Another FF:

An old lady in a nursing home is wheeling up and down the halls in her wheelchair making sounds like she's driving a car. As she's going down the hall an old man jumps out of a room and says, 'Excuse me, ma'am, but you were speeding. Can I see your driver's license?'

She digs around in her purse a little, pulls out a candy wrapper and hands it to him. He looks it over, gives her a> warning and sends her on her way. Up and down the halls she goes again.

Then the same old man jumps out of a room and says, 'Excuse me, ma'am, but I saw you cross over the center line back there. Can I see your registration please?'

She digs around in her purse a little, pulls out a store receipt and hands it to him. He looks it over, gives her another warning and sends her on her way.

She zooms off again, up and down the halls, weaving all over. As she comes to the old man's room again he jumps out. He's stark naked and has an erection. The old lady in the wheelchair looks up and says, 'oh no, not the breathalyzer again.'

FF

A man left from work one Friday afternoon. But it was payday, so
instead of going home, he stayed out the entire weekend partying with the boys and spending his entire paycheck.

When he finally appeared at home on Sunday night, he was confronted by his angry wife and was barraged for nearly two hours with a tirade befitting his actions.

Finally his wife stopped the nagging and said to him, "How would you like it if you didn't see me for two or three days?" He replied, "That would be fine with me."

Monday went by and he didn't see his wife. Tuesday and Wednesday came and went with the same results. But on Thursday, the swelling went down just enough where he could see her a little out of the corner of his left eye.

FF

My favorite bumper sticker in Washington D.C. right now is the one that says 'First Iraq, then France'." Tom Brokaw

"The French announced today that they would not help us remove Saddam from Iraq. Well Duh! They didn't even help us remove Hitler from France." Jay Leno

"France said this week they need more evidence to convince them Saddam is a threat. Yeah, last time France asked for more evidence it came rolling thru Paris with a German Flag on it." Dave Letterman

Why are all the highways in France lined with trees? So the Germans can march in the shade!!!

Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an
accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage. unknown

France has neither winter, nor summer, nor morals. France is miserable because it is filled with Frenchmen, and Frenchmen are miserable because they live in France. Mark Twain

Only thing worse than a Frenchman is a Frenchman who lives in Canada. Ted Nugent

The only way the French are going in with us is if we tell them we found truffles in Iraq.

War without France would be like ... uh ... World War I or ...uh...World War II.

What do you call 100,000 Frenchmen with their hands up? The Army.

Q. How do you stop a French Tank? A. Shoot the guy pushing.

Q. How many Frenchman does it take to defend Paris. A. I have no idea, it's never been tried.

The best French bashing line heard over the last week is: "We can count on the French to be there when they need us."

Q. Why does the new French Navy have all glass bottom boats? A. So they can see the old French Navy.

Q. Why did EuroDisney stop using firecrackers? A. Because the French kept surrendering.

Have you seen the new French tanks? They come with 4 gears---3 reverse, and one forward just in case they are attacked from behind.

Vive, whatever!

Take care all, Shirley

The Quilter 03-20-2003 09:44 PM

Thursday Night

Hello Everybody!

I'm sorry but this has to be quick. Bed time is calling and I've got another early morning tomorrow. Must get up and "tread" at 6, then go for the "yearly invasion" at the doctor's, then off to work for a couple of hours. Whew! I'll be ready for a nap by noon.

I had another good day of eating. Just waiting to see how I fare on the weekend. That's the part that's so hard. Hopefully, we won't do a lot of socialize that will cause many restaurant visits. I'm meeting two of my cousins tomorrow night for dinner. I have no idea where we will decide to eat. So that's a little scary.

SEF---What's so wrong with using some pain meds if you need them? You are a wise person and you know how much to use. I truly hope that your pain just simply vanishes and then you don't have to worry about taking it or not taking it. Wouldn't that be great? I loved your jokes. LOL funny!!!

SHEANN---So do you think they don't get in that water enough??? I mean that's the team that has all the bathing stuff, brushes and soap and stuff. They were grossing me out with their group bath time. I think Deena is pretty cool, and would like to see her keep going, but I thought she must have felt terribly out of place. Because she doesn't seem to be into the flirting scene. When I stop and think of all the germs those people are ingesting it makes me weak in the knees. Still can't figure out why anybody would want to do that kind of thing.

JACKK---You are cracking me up with your bunco gatherings. Those sound like so much fun! But the next mornings are rough, I'm sure. Maddie and I enjoyed our girls' night so much that we were both asleep by the time Paul got home.

ZANNE----Yes, my friend Jackie and I are still talking to each other while treading on M, W, and F morning. It's a great way to start the day and it keeps us in touch more now than ever. She used to live one street over from me and then they moved out to one of the large suburbs and she's about 25 minutes from me. So we don't see each other as much anymore. But we at least know now that we will talk three times a week. And truly the time treading really goes quickly. Hey, I w ish you'd come down here and take care of my bathroom too. LOL!!! Glad to hear that you passed on the almonds. THAT IS SO SMART!!! See what happens when we stop and actually think about what we are about to do??? GREAT JOB!!! What do you do with your olives and feta cheese? Do you eat them on a salad? Or just together? I'm picturing the crumbled feta and can't imagine just eating that and olives. Are you talking black olives or green? I love both kinds.

DEB---I hope that movie you saw was funny. Mike Myers is in it and I think he's hilarious. Yes, I thought yesterday that I have a half pound notched off for the next 10. That's a fun feeling. Sorry to have to tell you this, but I caved this morning and jumped on the scale. (Remember when you were weighing every day?) Tomorrow I'll weigh in at the doctor's office. I want to find out the difference in my last few visits. I saw her in January right before I got back on program and I want to see what her records say.

YELLOWROSE----It's so good to hear from you. We were all wondering how you've been. And hoping that you were recouperating nicely. We've missed you and your great posts. Sorry to hear that you are having some down moments. I hope you can kick them to the curb. Remember we are always here with a good joke (even though it might just be a bit off color) or a kind word or a virtual hug for you. Let us know what the doctor says next week. We will be waiting to hear a good report. I'll bet you are more than ever ready to get rid of that sling and get both arms and hands working together.

MIATA---Where you been, girl???? It's good to hear you back with us. CONGRATS ON THE 2.5 pounds!!!! AWESOME!!! You are doing great with your exercising. One of the gals in my office goes to Curves and loves it. There's not one really close to me or I might think about joining too. Keep up the good work in that area. You know that it will really pay off. Hey, we are right about the same weight! The comments from others are really fun to hear, aren't they?

Okay, it's official. Time for bed! Turner Classic Movies is showing An American in Paris. I think that's kind of ironic with everybody being so ticked off with the French right now. I guess they had it scheduled and didn't think to change it. But I still like this movie. So romantic. And Gene Kelly had quite the bootie back then.

On that note I'm out of here.

Hugs all around.
Kim

sheanne 03-20-2003 10:52 PM

HI everyone!

Today was another pretty good day. I went shopping and bought lots of fresh fruit and veggies plus chicken and fish and a package of ground sirloin. I have to have a burger once in a while :)

Quilter: You're right, that group is the one with all the soap and stuff. Remember the guys brushing their teeth. They said that it had been 16 days since their teeth was brushed. Oh my! I don't think I'd want to sit to close to any one of them. It looked so gross when they were all tearing at the big lump of half raw meat and spitting it in the bowl. Not to mention taking it out of someone elses mouth with theirs.

Deb: Let me know if that movie is good. I keep seeing the previews and it looks pretty funny.

Sef: Do you do a lot of crocheting? I am doing an afghan. It's very simple though. I'm also doing a crocheted cover to go on the top of a pillow. I only do it every once in a while, so it's taking me forever.

Jecrites: Has your husband gone over there? My ex-husband was in the Air Force during the Gulf War. He was in for 20 years. I know just what you are going through.

Jack-K: The cheese straws you mentioned sound good. I'm going to try them because I keep having those salty, crunchy cravings. By the way, your weight loss is awsome. Did you lose it all on Sugar Busters?

Yellowrose: Here's hoping and praying that you are recuperating well.

Well, it's getting late and I have to be up early. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

Sheanne

ldblond 03-20-2003 11:45 PM

Sheanne: I truly understand the fear you have, Mom currently has a lump they are watching, its near the chest cavity wall. I will keep you and your mom in my prayers.

Monet: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Although it started on an off key, I hope that it was smooth sailing from the point your husband gave you such a wonderful gift and on thru the rest of the day.

Sef: Please don't beat yourself up, when the pain becomes unbearable, it's time for the meds. You honestly are my inspiration, I've only been living with daily pain for a year; you have learned to live life with pain, rather than it controlling you. This knowledge is a gift my friend, I too am learning, but long to grasp it fully.

Zanne: I had a MAJOR bad carb binge yesterday! Today I can honestly say has been the best I've eaten in the past couple of weeks. I right now am thinking about food, but it's not hunger but habit calling me. I'm trying to just drink water and ignore the call....

As I mentioned to Zanne, today has been a good op day for me, my worst crime was taking a small bite of shortbread that my son gave me. Tomorrow is going to be a challenge as I have an out of town Dr. appt and when I'm with Mom I tend to eat feel good foods vs. good for me foods. I have coupons to the Soup Plantation, and intend to have a good salad for lunch. I'll let you know how it goes. Water intake is still at 70+ oz, and I'm slowly increasing the fiber again. Had a good salad for dinner, so at least a good cup of veggies for dinner. Still craving food so I'm gonna go grab an apple, (it's been almost 2 hours since dinner). Nite all

Fillise 03-21-2003 12:04 AM

Thursday night

Good Evening!

It's been a long day, but I wanted to pop in before I go to bed tonight!

I drove two hours to go to B-ham for what turned out to be useless meeting. It would have been fine if I'd only driven across town, but two hours each way--it takes up a whole day! BUT I got to hit Bed Beth abd Beyond to pick up an Aero "bed in a bag" for my trip mext week. I've been wanting to get one for a long time, so this was a good opportunity.

I took a can of nuts with me and a carbolite protein bar because I was sure they would have sandwiches and chips and cookies for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised. One of the women made some homemade brocolli and cheese soup. They has some frest veggies and fruit, some hard cheese and triscuits. So with a bowl of soup, and smoe veggis and triscuits I was fine. it was quite good actually!

Jackie--I hope you have fun with the Bunco. I'm going to have to play that sometime.

Teensy and heart---WTG on getting your exercise in today! (or was that yesterday?)

Kim--Have you seen the Prevention walking program? It's very simple, you wear your pedometer all day for three days (don't do anything unusual) to see what you avg. # of steps is. Then you try to add 250 steps per day until you have upped the number of steps by 7,500. I just finished my third day, and my avg. will be somewhere in the mid 3,000 steps--so I'm working towards 11,000 steps. Let me know how it goes!

Monet--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope the big 5-0 is the start of the best decade of your life! Pulled sugar flours on that cake??? I'm fascinated when I see them do that on food TV. I hope it turns out gorgeous--just like you!

Zanne--thanks for your kind words--I just wish I hadn't lost these pounds (and many others) before! I'm glad to be losing again, but will feel much better when I start to break new groud--but that will be several months. The wages of sin.

Deb--TOM arrived right on schedule today, so it won't be hard to stay off the scale this week! Land's end is good quality. My brother orders all his dress shirts from them and my SIL gets a lot of stuff from there too, so I felt pretty good about the quality.

Lyn--Glad to see you back on the board! I hope you are getting back to your old self soon.

jecrites--Welcome! Glad to see your loss this week. Are you the one who wanted to know about the glycemic index? It's pretty simple--it simply measures how far your blood sugar rises after eating a particular food. You want to eat the low and moderate and stay away from the high as much as possible.

I've got big gobs of cat hair on me. Now that it turned warm Belle is apparently trying to shed her winter coat TODAY. I have a teasing comb I use to get the excess hair off and I have handfulls. Must go use the lint brush before I go to bed!

Susan
300/266/150

APB: BOB, BOB where are you?