Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 10:42 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Newbie here

Hello-

I found this site thru the Sugar busters website. I have been cutting back on my food intake since the begining of the year, but it wasn't until this week that I happened on the idea of re- adjusting my sugar/protein ratio.

My hubby is a serviceman and it looks very likely that he will be deployed. We have been very busy this week tying up loose ends and preparing our kids. Needless to say I am beyond stressed and totally threw out my diet resolve. The last couple of days we ate out and since I was trying hard to not overdo it too much I decided to eat only what I was craving, meat and dessert. Well I noticed yesterday that I was really feeling pretty emotionally stable and had lost 1.5 lbs in the process.

I just feel like I am on to something. I know if my hubby is deployed I need to really be sure to take care of myself, I have 3 kids and I stay at home, the perfect equation for a nervous breakdown at times .

And I admit , that if he is sent out for a tour of duty I would love to WOW! him when he gets back.

I plan on getting the Sugar Busters Book as soon as I can, but I have printed out the low glycemic eating guide to get me started.

Looking forward to hanging out here and getting to know everyone, please feel free to share any SB advice, I am willing to learn anything I can.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:12 PM   #2  

Default Welcome!

Hi Kacie! We are so glad you joined us! Most of us hang out on the weekly support thread. You will find a lot of people there, with a lot of advice, experience, and success to share!

You and your family will be in my prayers. I am sure it must be difficult to face being seperated from your husband, and for deployment, doubly so. Just think of us here as your friends, and support group. This is a wonderful bunch, and will welcome you with open arms!

I have been on SugarBusters for over a year. I did low carb before this, but could not lose. I do lose very slowly due to insulin resistance and thyroid problems, but at least I can make some progress on SB! I think the best advice I got was to stick to legal foods the first few weeks, but not to worry about amounts. Once you get the sugar out of your system, and used to the foods, then you can work on portions. I think that was great advice. One thing at a time...

Anway, hope you will come over and join the weekly support thread. On there, we all just reply, instead of starting a new thread. It saves space, and makes it easier to keep up with everyone!

Monet
Closed Thread