Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2000, 04:29 AM   #16  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

This information may be useful if you hit a plateau.

Limit any reduction in energy intake to a maximum of 500 calories per day less than your maintenance requirement. In other words, don't ever cut calories by more than 500 below what you need to maintain constant body weight. Any more energy restriction than this tends to result in decreased metabolic rate and muscle loss. If you hit a weight loss plateau, increase calories by about 300 per day for a week or two. This will stimulate your metabolism and get you going again. I have worked with a lot of people who have used repeated bouts of starvation to lose weight. After prolonged periods of energy restriction their metabolic rates are so low they just can't lose any fat. In this case it actually works better to increase calories. This works by increasing lean body mass and metabolic rate, and shifts the body from a fat-hoarding mode to a fat-burning mode. It sounds paradoxical, but sometimes the trick to stimulating fat loss is to increase calories (of course, from a very clean diet). A couple of good rules are never to reduce calories by more than 500 below maintenance and not to lose weight for more than ten consecutive weeks. After ten weeks or so of dieting it is often helpful to increase calories for a week to add some muscle mass and get your metabolism going again. You may want to try this if you hit a plateau in your fat loss.

Old 01-25-2001, 07:25 PM   #17  

This is a GREAT SITE that will help you keep a journal of what you eat, as well as other useful tools!

I'ts FITDAY.COM

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/index.html

Thanks to OVERCOME for sharing this site with us!!!!

Old 01-26-2001, 06:36 AM   #18  

I use my POWERBELT every day when I walk. I HIGHLY recommend it - it's works your upper body really well!

http://www.walkerswarehouse.com/inde...atured+Product
Old 02-03-2001, 07:53 PM   #19  

From Prevention's Guide FIT & TRIM AT 40 PLUS:

FISH: "Varieties rich in omega-3 fatty acides -- tuna, mackerel, cod, and salmon -- may help you drop pounds by improving fat metabolism. Overweight people who ate a reduced-calorie diet that included fish every day lost about 20% more weight than fish-free diets.

WATER: Dehydration can slow your metabolism by 3%. At a weight of 150 lb, that would be about 45 fewer calories burned a day -- which could mean 5 extra lb a year.
Old 03-05-2001, 05:46 PM   #20  

Default BUTTER TIP

I thought this little tip would be better on the tips and tools board rather than the food information board...

When I make toast, when I take it right out of the toaster oven, I take a stick of butter and rub it on the toast, it uses very little this way!!!!
Old 04-11-2001, 06:22 PM   #21  

These are some tips taken from the weekly boards

We had a doc come in when I was in tops and he told us that you need milk to shrink the skin back into shape after or during your weight loss. I thought that was a good hint since I have so much to lose.
Glory 4 Oct.2000

To FIGURE OUT PORTIONS WITHOUT A SCALE.
The palm of your hand open without the fingers is about 3oz. Your hand drawn into a fist is about 1 cup. The tip of your index finger is about 1tsp. and the tip of your thumb is about 1 tbls.
This has really helped me judge my portions when eating out.
Beachfan 5 Oct.2000

The other thing I started doing on the weekends which has really helped with always having something legal around to eat, is cooking several different meals i.e. roast, grilled chicken, spaghetti etc. That way there is always a legal meal prepared and I am not tempted to do the fast food fix during the week
Beachfan 7 Oct.2000

My TUESDAY TIP is for the newbies:
When you have a craving and think you will give into the craving. Go brush your teeth.
Beachfan37 - 10 April 2001

I am going to share what I consider a TUESDAY TIP... For those of you like me who have no children, just DH and I. Mind you, DH has NO weight problems etc, and on top of that a picky, picky eater. So, at night when cooking I try to make enough extra servings, especially of the vegs, so I am less likely to get side-tracked for lunch during the week. The extra servings will also come in handy some nights when I may be tired and can easily nuke and chow down on legit food .
Amseraphim – 10 April 2001

TUESDAY TIPS
Here is my tip for Tues. I read somewhere to make an audio tape of your favorite excercise tape and listen to that on a head set while watching t.v (a weight lifting tape would be easy to do).
Rhroo - 10 April 2001
Old 04-20-2001, 08:01 PM   #22  

Default TUESDAY TIPS - MARCH/APRIL 2001

Today is TUESDAY TIPS and I found a great website that gives a lot of information about OATMEAL that I thought was interesting enough to share. Just click on the link below and it will take you directly to the site:
<http://karenskitchen.com/11/a/oat.htm>
Debelli - 3 April 2001

My Tuesday tip: This one is especially important for women!! When buying exercise shoes (or any shoe for that matter), buy them slightly longer and wider then your bigger foot. Also, avoid pointed shoes You'll save yourself needless foot pain. You should have enough room that you can wiggle you toes; be able to play the piano with them.

I was seen by a physical therapist in 1997 for assistance with my feet due to minor foot pain. He told me what type of foot I had (normal arch, overpronator (low or no arch) or underpronator (too high of an arch)), what type of shoes I should avoid and what type I should concentrate on, how to avoid having foot problems become knee, hip and back problems, etc. The single most important thing I learned was the right type of shoes I should wear for my foot type. Result: No more wasted money on shoes (that alone is worth the cost of the session), and no more foot pain.

Frog Lover – 3 April 2001.

My TUESDAY TIP would be portion control! Especially with added fats-butter, dressing, mayo etc...when you look at serving size and sugar grms those suckers add up fast!! Also be careful with cutting out fats all together-that hinders weight loss to. By the way the Fat Free stuff has more sugar in it then the Light or "normal" stuff!

Rhroo – 4 April 2001

Today is TUESDAY TIPS and my contribution was prompted my MELF's question about grape nuts and my question about MALTED BARLEY FLOUR. The site below explains many things about different flours, so I thought it was interesting enough to share. Just click on the link below:

http://detnews.com/menu/stories/38508.htm

Debelli 27 March 2001

Have you tried FREEZING GRAPES? They seem so much sweeter and take a little longer to eat. They are almost like popsicles.

MargaretA – 27 march 2001

Many of us live with others who don’t follow this way of life! They may or not be supportive of our decision, but one thing is for sure. They are not going to keep their favorite foods out of the house just for our sake! . So here’s my tip: If your loved ones must keep snack foods in the house, and you can’t handle it, put all the food in one cupboard and just don’t open it, ever.

SparkleScamp – 27 march 2001

Today is TUESDAY TIPS and this is my contribution

Does working out in the morning keep your metabolism up all day?

Answer: Exercise can increase one's metabolism even after exercise, due to the lingering effects of hormones, such as adrenaline released during exercise and due to an increase in circulation in attempt to dissipate the heat created from exercise. But the duration and magnitude of the increased metabolism post-exercise may not always be significant enough to burn a whole lot of calories. You can expend as little as an extra 40 calories to as much as an extra 400 calories or more. The harder and longer your workout was, the greater effect it will have on your metabolism. But, another real benefit to exercising in the morning is the release of endorphins, our natural painkillers, which gets you in a wonderful mood to start the day with. Plus, you can feel a sense of accomplishment and relief that you got that workout in. Think of all the times you intended to work out in the afternoon or evening, only to have interruptions throughout the day to throw off your routine or by the end of the day your too tired to want to work out.

Debelli – 20 march 2001

As it is Tip Tuesday, I've been trying to think of how I could contribute.

I do not cheat, as adpoting a sugarless lifestyle is all or nothing for me. When I can't stand the urge for sweets any longer, I treat myself to sugar free ice cream or yogurt. I never buy a carton, but go down to the local ice cream shop and get the smallest bowl. This does the trick. This is my tip.

Ldblond – 20 March 2001
Old 04-21-2001, 06:47 PM   #23  

Default TUESDAY TIPS - 27 FEBRUARY 2001

A daily dose of magnesium may help beat the bloating that accompanies premenstrual syndrome.
In a recent study, women who took 200 milligrams of magnesium daily had fewer problems with fluid retention than women who consumed less magnesium. They also experienced less weight gain, breast tenderness, and abdominal swelling

Karen3000

Anyhow, it's TUESDAY TIPS and I found this interesting, as I thought I had read all I had to read about sugars, and thought I'd pass it on. It comes from the book THE SUGAR ADDICTS TOTAL RECOVERY PROGRAM:

Covert Sugars

Covert sugars are those that are hidden in processed foods. They can be highly concentrated and make up a large part of a food or they can be a small amount added for "taste." They range from the high-fructose corn syrup found in many processed foods to the hidden sugar in canned vegetables or ketchup. The sugars listed below are some of the sugars that wait in the processed foods to ambush you. The sugar industry has creative chemists.
Some marketing ads will make claims that a certain product made with sugars has a low glycemic impact. These sugars may affect you blood suar/insluin response differently Even a sugar that is lower in it's glycemic response may have a huge priming effect on your sugar-sensitive brain be attentive to labels. And, even more important, be attentive to your body. If you find yourself feeling crabby and out of sorts, go back to your food journal, see what you ate, and then read the label. Something has sneaked in and activated your sugar sensitive system. Pay attention if you are craving or noticing sweet things.

Amsake * Apple Sugar * Barbados Sugar * BarkSugar (Zylose) * Barley Malt * Barley Malt Syrup * Beet Sugar * Brown Rice Syrup * Cane Juice * Cane Sugar * Cane Syrup * Carbitol * Caramel Coloring * Caramel Sugars * Caramelized foods * Concentrated fruit juice * Corn sweetener * D-tagalose * Date Sugar * Dextrin * Dextrose * Diglycerides * Disaccharides * Evaporated Cane Juice * Florida Crystals * Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) * Fructose * Fruit Juice Concentrate * Galactose * Glucose * Glucitol * Glucoamine * Gluconolactone (may be found in tofu) * Glucose * Glucose polymers * Glucose Syrup * Glycerides * Glycerine * Glycerol * Glycol * High-fructose Corn Syrup * Inversol * Invert sugar * Isomalt * Karo syrups * Lactose * Levulose * "Lite/Light" sugar * Malt dextrin * Malted barley * Maltose * Maltodextrins * Maltodextrose * Malts (any) * Mannitol, sorbitol, sylitol, maltitiol * Mannose * Microcrystalline cellulose * Molasses * Monoglycerides * Monosaccarides * Nectars * Neotame * Pentose * Polydextrose * Polyglycerides * Raisin juice * Raisin syrup * Ribose rice syrup * Rice malt * Rice sugar * Rice sweeteners * Rice syrup solids * Saccarides (any) Sorbitol (aka Hexitol) * Sorghum * Sucanat (evaporated can juice) * Sucanet * Sucrose * Sugar Cane * Trisaccharides * Unrefined sugar * Zylos

It is important to understand how food labels work. Legally, if the chemical structure of a carbohydrate has more than two sugar molecules, it will be called a complex carbohydrate on a food label instead of a sugar. So the label may show that a certain food has no sugar and 35 grams of carbs. BUT if that carbohydrate is maltodextrin, your body will respond to it as a sugar. Read the food labels in detail, and pay attention to the ingredient list rather than the grams of sugar listed to learn the subtleties of where sugars are hidden.

NOW, we don't have to go crazy on this, I see where I THOUGHT what I was eating had no "sugars" in it, but it does in fact. It may be so low that it doesn't evoke a response glycemically. I just thought this was interesting enough for everyone to see where we think something doesn't have sugars, sometimes does.

Debelli
Old 04-25-2001, 01:41 PM   #24  
Goddess

I saw this link on the Sweettalk board and though folks here might be interested in reading about how Americans consume too much sugar!

http://www.cspinet.org/new/sugar.html
Old 04-25-2001, 10:54 PM   #25  

TODAY IS TUESDAY FACTS and there has been a lot of talk about chocolate lately. Here's an interesting tidbit I found:

Some women keep track of their menstrual cycles not with a check mark on the calendar, but with candy bar wrappers. So says Debra Waterhouse, a registered dietician and author of Why Women Need Chocolate. According to Ms. Waterhouse, monthly cravings aren't something to battle, but a "blessing." She explains, "When you're craving a particular food, your body is telling you what you really need. Eat what you want to eat, just don't overdo it."

Ms. Waterhouse describes the reasons why women crave chocolate or fatty foods before their periods. After ovulation the level of serotonin in the brain goes down, producing a drop in mood and energy. Serotonin is a brain chemical linked to feelings of calmness and mood stability. Sugar, she says, boosts serotonin levels. The urge to eat it premenstrually is a natural response.

Along with the premenstrual dip in serotonin levels, Ms. Waterhouse maintains that the body's endorphin levels also fall. Endorphins are also brain chemicals associated with a lift in spirits and energy. "There's an endorphin surge at ovulation that lasts about 48 hours," says Ms. Waterhouse. "For the two weeks after ovulation, your body and brain are trying to restore that high endorphin level:" Chocolate is the perfect combination of fat and sugar needed to increase both serotonin and endorphin levels, she says.

"In the past, food cravings were viewed as a sign of weakness, something we had to find the willpower deep in the soul to overcome. In fact, it's to our benefit to trust our bodies and appreciate the food messages they're giving us," says Ms. Waterhouse.

For women with PMS, the idea that chocolate is okay in limited doses may seem to fly in the face of what has been standard advice for years: avoid chocolate, especially during the premenstrual phase. "It's not a black and white issue," says Stephanie Bender, Director of Full Circle Women's Health in Boulder, Colorado.

Specific cravings for chocolate and cravings for sweets in general are different, says Ms. Bender. "Women who simply have sugar cravings can address that by having more frequent small feedings. They need to be grazers," she says. She continues, "But when a woman says clearly, `I want chocolate,' we may be looking at someone who actually needs more magnesium."

Ms. Bender leans towards examining a woman's need for magnesium if she reports craving chocolate, but she called the possible relationship between chocolate and the body's production of endorphins and serotonin "fascinating." "The whole area of the marriage between endocrine glands, neurotransmitters like serotonin, and hormones is so unexplored. It deserves our attention and respect."

Research shows that a "dose response" can also be helpful in managing food cravings, says Janine Clifford Murphy, a registered dietician with the Nutrition Consultation Service at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. "When we're craving sweets, a penny candy can be just the thing. We don't need the whole 65-cent candy bar to alleviate the craving," she says.

A "dose" of ten potato chips has only 100 to 150 calories and about 9 grams of fat," she explains. "That's not going to kill anybody or make them gain five pounds, but sitting with a bag of chips in front of the television is a dangerous habit." She continues, "Food cravings are legitimate. Women shouldn't feel guilty about them. I tell women to count out ten chips, have them with their sandwich, and crunch and enjoy every bite."

"If a woman honestly says, `I can easily buy one tiny morsel of chocolate and be satisfied,' I'm not going to say she should never do that," Ms. Bender states. She also notes that chocolate isn't the only way to raise serotonin levels. "A snack of complex carbohydrates will do the same thing," she says.

In general, a healthy PMS diet recommends avoiding chocolate in order to keep feeling your best. On days when cravings seem especially strong, be sure to eat six small meals to keep your blood sugar and energy levels up.

If you do "fall off the wagon" and go for the chips or chocolate, don't be too hard on yourself. After a dietary slip, it's best not to starve yourself later. Getting back on track with your healthy PMS diet of high carbohydrate, low fat meals will make you feel better than any other form of calorie-cutting penance.

Debelli – 13th April 2001
Old 04-25-2001, 11:05 PM   #26  

Default MORE TUESDAY TIPS

TUESDAY TIPS for Runners and Walkers:

I read somewhere to exercise in the mornings before breakfast so that the body doesn’t have a carbohydrate store and will burn more fat. After making myself very ill, I learned that running on an empty stomach doesn’t work. Moderate or anaerobic exercise burns more fat and aerobic or cardio exercise burns more carbohydrates. What matters is not the type of fuel burned, but the total number of calories expended. Running burns more total calories than walking for the same time period, obviously; therefore, running is better for shedding fat than walking. I’ve found out if I’m going to run, I must eat something beforehand, or I won’t have as much energy. If I run anyway, I get very ill. I’ve found a small, complex carbohydrate meal eaten at least ½ hour before running works best. That gives me steady fuel (unlike the old sugar breakfasts) but digests more quickly than protein.

If you run on a treadmill, always set the incline at “2” or greater to simulate wind resistance. If you walk on a treadmill, made best use of your time by setting the incline as high as possible. Start with “5” (30% maximum) and work up to maximum.

Although most of us aren’t used to spending much money on good clothes, proper running shoes are essential for any high-impact exercise. Instead of keeping track of the number of miles on your shoes, just replace them when they show visible signs of wear. Invest in cushioned replacement insoles ($15 to $20) as the insoles in even expensive, brand-name running shoes are made of Styrofoam.

Set goals for yourself. As your body gets used to your routine, you have to work harder to burn the same number of calories, so setting goals makes sense. Participate in organized runs, which keep you focused and support various charitable organizations as well. You can pick up magazines that list a comprehensive variety of events at any running store. As you train, set a goal for each session that slightly surpasses the one before. For example, you could try to finish one minute or even half a minute faster than you did yesterday.

Happy running!

~Chris(SparkleScamp) - 24th April 2001

This is a hard one for me, but I found I do better if I follow this:

Try not to set goals that involve losing a specific amount of weight during a specific amount of time. This almost inevitably leads to a sense of failure and inadequacy. Think about it, we decide to lose 10 lbs before a wedding, or vacation, or just by the end of the month. If we only lose 8--then we beat ourselves up for failing--when we lost 8 lbs! How smart is that? I'm learning more and more about my body as I pursue this WOE. One of the things I have learned is that it works on its own timetable. As long as it works--and the weight keeps coming off--then try to be happy with your success!

Susan (Fillise) - 24th April 2001

When you eat sit your fork down between bites and take a sip of water. You will fill up faster and appreciate your food more as well find yourself requiring less to fill up. This works for me (when I apply it). That’s my tip.

GloryB – 24th April 2001

Here's my tip for the day, even though I actually haven't started doing it myself yet (but I will):

Fill a pitcher of water, maybe put a few lemon slices in it, and drink it all by the end of the day. I have a hard time keeping up w/how much water I've drank during the day, and I think this will be an easy way to make sure I get enough.

Lisa_A_A – 24th April 2001
Old 05-06-2001, 11:37 AM   #27  

TUESDAY TIPS - 1ST MAY 2001

My tip for Tuesday, goes out to those of you just starting this wonderful way of life. Give yourself 2 full weeks to get use to the plan, remember you are creating or changing habits for the rest of your future. Don't knock yourself for eating too much meat or fat, worry about getting the sugar out of your system and only having 2-3 starchy carbs a day. Make sure you eat until your full, this is not a starvation diet, this is a healthy way of life and is not about deprevation. After two weeks begin modifying your fat intake to lowfat. By the end of your 1st month it will be a "piece of cake" (whole wheat and sugar free, of course)!

Ldblond

For those of US who aren't particularly fond of drinking our water, I've mentioned before about putting a little fruit juice into your water, as you would lemon-but in SHAPE MAGAZINE I read where they suggested also putting some VANILLA EXTRACT in the water. Of course, I just HAD to try it (I use non-alcohol extracts), and I must say, it tastes MIGHTY GOOD!!!! Start off with just a tad and adjust it to your taste. Now I can't wait to try some other flavors in my water!!!

If you haven't seen this company's FITNESS MUSIC, check it out. They have tons of video's, but what got me to the site was the array of walking/workout music. Lots of YOGA items as well. When you get to the site, hit ACCESSORIES & AUDIO at the top, on the tabs. Many of these tell you the beats per minute for each song. Here's the link:

http://www.collagevideo.com/

and last, a fitness site I found, haven't navigated through it all yet, but you can go see it for yourself, here's the link:

http://sickbay.com/netsweat/

Debelli

Tuesday's tip: Eat all your meals--never EVER skip a meal. I find that the most dangerous times for me are when I let skip meals and let my self get ravenous. Then I think nothing in the world will fill me up and that is when I am most tempted to go back to old habits. If I eat a good breakfast, lunch and dinner--even if I don't snack (which I sometimes do and sometimes don't), I think much more rationally about my meals.

Fillise
Old 05-07-2001, 07:47 PM   #28  

Default MORE TUESDAY TIPS

Well, it is TUESDAY TIPS and here is my contribution:

This is nothing great, but I think it's a good tip that I use. I decided to use butter instead of margarine when I needed to. I rarely use butter, but like the taste on my toast when I eat it. I take a stick of butter and cut it in half and this becomes "my half". When I take my toast out of the toaste oven, I immediately rub my butter directly onto the toast. It uses very little to get that buttery taste onto it, and I don't even have to make a knife dirty!!!

Debelli - 6 February, 2001

My tip for the day is about grilling steak. I love the Canadian Steak Seasoning I can get from my local Sam's Club. I grill twice as much steak as I need for a meal. Then I slice the remaining steak, serve it on romaine lettuce with grape tomatoes and blue cheese crumbles. Top with a legal dressing and you will love this as a change from good old grilled chicken salads. Even in Minnesota I grill all year round!!!

Donna125 - 30 January, 2001
Old 05-31-2001, 07:22 PM   #29  

TUESDAY TIP COPIED FROM WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD

It's TUESDAY TIPS and I found this on another website and thought it was worth sharing:

EXCUSES TO WORK OUT

If you dread exercise …

…you don’t have to. If you think of exercise as boring, hard, and something you’d rather just not do, you can make that change.

For just about anything, there’s an excuse or a negative spin you can put on it. All it takes is a shift in attitude, and the change it makes in your life is worth the efforts that initial shift takes.

Change the way you think about it. Instead of looking for excuses to avoid exercise, start looking for excuses TO exercise. I started a list for you. Please add to it. Send me your excuses to work out, and we’ll make a giant list:

Think of exercise as …

…getting out of the house and do something just for yourself

…a connection to new friends and social activity

…an invigorating way to tap your energy for other things in your life

…a chance to learn new skills or new interests which will enhance life

…a new medium for achievement. Accomplishing physical tasks makes the mental tasks easier

…an excuse to participate in fun activities and games as an adult

So start making excuses!

Here are some of your excuses:

From Lorrie:

My excuse to workout??? Easy....Vanity! I like knowing that at 47, I can still be slender, fit, tone and even younger looking. It keeps me moving!

Next...my daughter. She's 10 and I enjoy rollerblading, swimming and dancing with her. It's wonderful knowing you can ALMOST keep up with your kids!

From Michelle:

1- each time I work out, I believe in my increasing strength; for some reason, that feeling of increased capable strength carries over into how I approach tasks and challenges throughout my day.
2- being strong and quick gives me independence and the means by which to jump to someone else's aid.
3- Healthy Sweat is my friend, and I only get to see her when I exercise hard.

From nbunnie: These are some of my excuses to walk every day:

Time to think, reduce stress, time to be with God, Get a suntan,
Sweat out toxins

From MissMD: The Reasons I Walk Are:

1.) It keeps me from eating during that time.
2.) I realize that there is a world outside my house.
3.) I can refresh my spirit about life.
4.) I have more energy for everyday activity.
5.) My dog loves getting out and she keeps me going.

From staying healthy in college: The excuses for my daily exercise:

1.)a breath of fresh air
2.)the sooner I get done, the sooner I can eat
3.)good time to think to yourself

From dragons2fly: I feel powerful and attractive. I feel I can accomplish anything if I can get my exercise in.

From Lisa S.: These are excuses for my workout:

It will give me energy
It will suppress my hunger for hours afterwards
It will increase the amount of endorphins in my body making me happy
It will make me feel less like a couch potato
It will help me lose weight and feel and look great
When I've done it I can forget about it and concentrate on the more important things like getting college work done.

Debelli - 29th May, 2001
Old 06-24-2001, 01:37 AM   #30  

TUESDAY TIPS FROM 4th and 12th MAY, 2001

My Tuesday Tip: WATCH YOUR PORTION SIZES. I'm astounded at how skewed my view of what a half cup of anything can be.

Kim

I have 2 Tuesday Tips:

1. Eat more protein when you plateau and have stress in your life. Deb...you listed the hormone cortisol as a hormone that will decrease the amount of glucagon which is a hormone that increases your metabolism. Eating protein releases less insulin and more of the glucagon...so eat your protein and decrease the carbs....

2. Have an attitude of gratitude. I've heard this many times before but was at a luncheon yesterday and it really hit home again. I have so much to be thankful for but forget it when things go wrong. I am healthy, feel strong, and my family is healthy and strong...We are so blessed in our country but as one of the post said yesterday...our moods can trick us into thinking things are bad or they something is wrong. Remember when you are blue/down that all of us have come so far and are doing so well because we are eating and excercising to feel HEALTHY>

Beachfan

Being today is TUESDAY TIPS I have 2 small tips to share with you all.

First, I find that if I really want something filling, I take a cup of skim milk (extra calcium one) and a cup of crushed ice and throw that in the blender with some flavored extract (yesterday, I used almond and coffee together), whip it until all the ice is gone, and you've got about 24 ounces of whipped drink to fill your tummy. I don't put sweetener in it, but you can if you want!

Second, when you are making veggies and you have scraps, like celery tops, parts of onions, etc. Throw these all in a freezer bag, freeze them, and keep adding to the bag until it's full, then make vegetable broth from what's in the bag!

Debbie

Closed Thread