Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: With Halloween around the corner, how do you think you'll handle the candy issue?
I promised I'd have just 1 piece and that would be it! 1 3.57%
I swore to stay totally OP and not have a single piece. 5 17.86%
I plan on having a tiny piece of SB LEGAL CHOCOLATE as my treat. 2 7.14%
I have a WEIGHT AND SEE ATTITUDE as of now. 0 0%
I'm not holding out for much hope for myself. 0 0%
You mean it's not Halloween already? I'm already guilty! 1 3.57%
I'm not opening my door, didn't buy any candy, not an issue! 10 35.71%
I'll let you know on Friday! 6 21.43%
Can anyone lend me a straight jacket? Let's just say, I'm worried! 2 7.14%
Other 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 03:57 PM   #46  
LKF

I can't believe your DD loves them! Good for her! I think I'd rather eat any other vegetable before I'm willing to eat those bitter little things. BTW, remind me of where you are going on your cruise and how long it will be now before you get to go!
Old 10-29-2002, 03:58 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Brussel sprouts- you would love mine! In fact, we had some for dinner last night. Cut up some onion in them, use some Tony's and some garlic. When they're thru cooking, drain the excess water and put chunks of velvetta(light) over them and let them melt, so yummy.
For Halloween, Ashley is going as a witch and Boogie a cow,lol. Not much selection in the costumes, I had to go out and get Boogie's since I didn't know if we would be home or not for Halloween.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:01 PM   #48  
LKF

Well! Thanks, heartmom, for the recommendation on how to prepare brussel sprouts! Jack-K, think we would like them better this way? Heartmom, does it take that bitter taste away? And what is "Tony's"?
Old 10-29-2002, 04:06 PM   #49  

hmmm... don't know. They definetly taste better, cause my kids will eat them this way. Tony's is a seasoning. The regular version comes in a green bottle/can and the one I use(salt-free) comes in a white can. It's in the seasonings isle at Walmart near the salt. If you don't like cabbage then chances are you won't like brussel sprouts.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:08 PM   #50  
LKF

Heartmom, thanks for the scoop on Tony's. I'll have to look for it. Oh, and I LOVE cabbage. To me, cabbage doesn't taste anything like brussel sprouts but maybe it's just my taste buds.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:28 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

LKF, They say anything with cheese covers the taste. Guess we will have t try it.

Heartmom, So glad Boogie will be up to going out. I hope they have fun.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:31 PM   #52  

I'll take pics of them Halloween and post a couple- plus I need to get the 4 rolls of film developed I took while in Philly.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:38 PM   #53  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Here's my TUESDAY TIP!!!!

Dear Family and Friends: I thought there were some great ideas here.
See what you think. I thought they were clever and maybe they would stop
all
> the mail and unwanted phone call solicitations.
>>
> I suppose some degree of commerce would grind to a halt if telephone
> solicitors weren't able to call people at home during dinner hour. But
that doesn't make it any more pleasant.
>
> Now Steve Rubenstein, a writer for the San Francisco Chronicle, has
proposed
> "Three Little Words" based on his brief experience in a telemarketing
> operation that would stop the nuisance for all time. The three little
words
> are "Hold On, Please." Saying this while putting down your phone and
walking
> off instead of hanging up immediately would make each telemarketing call
so time-consuming that boiler rooms would grind to a halt.

> When you eventually hear the phone company's beep-beep-beep tone, you
know it's time to go back and hang up your handset, which has efficiently
> completed its task. This might be one of those articles you'll want to
> e-mail to your friends. Three little words that eliminate telephone
> soliciting.
>
> GOOD IDEAS:
>
> When you get ads in your phone or utility bill, include them with the
> payment let the companies throw them away.

> When you get those pre-approved letters in the mail for everything from
> credit cards to 2nd mortgages and junk like that, most of them come with
> postage paid return envelopes, right?
>
Now this is GREAT!! I didn't think of this!!!

> Well, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these
> cool little envelopes!

> Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American Express. Send the
> pizza coupon to Citibank.
>
> If you didn't get anything else that day then just send them their
> application back! If you want to remain anonymous, just make sure your
name isn't on anything you send them. You can send it back empty if you
want
to just to keep them guessing!
> Eventually, the banks and credit card companies will begin getting their
> junk back in the mail. Let's let them know what it's like to get junk
mail, and the best of it is that they're paying for it! Twice!
>>
> Let's help keep our postal service busy since they say e-mail is cutting
> into their business, and that's why they need to increase postage again!
>
BOB
Old 10-29-2002, 06:16 PM   #54  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

BOB had a GOOD DAY AT WEIGHT WATCHER'S

Not only did I lose the 2 lbs that I put back on last week, I went down another .4 of a lb! IF I hadn't gained last week, I would have been at a 15 lbs loss for the month....my GRAND TOTAL FOR THE MONTH...... 11.8 lbs!!!!! I'll take it....hands down...

For all that have asked...My Mom continues to improve and still is adamant about staying until she can walk out of there. Her good attitude about her therapy is still hanging in there.. She got her first shower today and when I got there...she was feeling quite frisky!

Slept better last night..but not as sound as I would like to have.
Maybe my body is trying to start adjusting to less sleep...when I'm not as heavy, I'm asleep no later than midnight and up with the chickens...I find I'm so sluggish when I gain weight...so what have I done????? I've gone and confused my body clock!!!!

I'm off to get some work done before my TV starts!!!! I'm thinking about all of you....just don't have the time right now to direct those thoughts individually!!!

BOB
Old 10-29-2002, 09:46 PM   #55  
Little Engine That Could

It's 9:56 pm. and no one is in chat. Did anyone show up?
Old 10-30-2002, 02:19 AM   #56  

Here it is 2:30 and Typhoid Monet can't sleep. At least I started out the night in a normal position, and will hopefully continue that in a few. I think my body has just decided it deserves a chicken noodle soup break at 2 am now....see how easy it is to establish a bad habit? Why aren't good habits this easy???

I have about decided that one of my medications is messing with my mind. To try and get it figured out, I am going to stop taking three of them tomorrow and see if my head clears and I stop having weird dreams and waking up feeling paranoid.

Ok, time to try the bed again....nightie night!
Old 10-30-2002, 07:55 AM   #57  

HEARTMOM- Good to see you back and that Boogie is doing well!

MONET- You poor dear. Try to get some sleep woman!

Thanks for the prayers for my son. We head to the doctor's office this morning. I will keep you posted.

DEBELLI- Oh yes! An American in the Edmonton Mall gets everything HALF PRICE with the exchange...that is awesome! I am not even doing Atkins, I am doing something even more ridiculous. I am simply eating just protein. I know it is bad, but it is working and I need it to get to goal. Once there then I will add carbs back slowly until I am finally doing SB again to maintain.

ZANNE- Thanks for the tip. I want to join but you can't through the website. Do you know where that banner is? That is the only way they let you join.
Old 10-30-2002, 08:17 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW Gang!

Hope the scale is good to everyone today. For me it is finally down 2 pounds: dance: after 3 weeks of staying the same. I have quit buying the SF ice cream and the only between meal snack is fruit and I eat nothing after dinner. Last nite around 10 we were watching TV in bed and I told DH that I was starving. He said I don't know what to tell you. So I just went to sleep. This morning, I was really hungry. Don't know why I was so hungry. We had fajitas for dinner and even though I hated eating the ww tortilla in the evening I did. But all night I kept wanting something sweet. Like a cookie. I got some tea but it never satisfied the craving. So off to bed I went.

Didn't make it to chat last nite (apparently neither did anyone else). We had disconnect the computer so we could get our carpet re-laid and I didn't feel like fooling with it last nite.

Bob, for you. 11.8 in a month is fantastic. Keep up the good work. Glad your mom is doing so well. Attitude is 90% of recovery. Thanks for those tips. Good ideas.

Gator, I couldn't make it to chat. Our computer was disconnected due to getting our carpet re-laid and I just didn't have the energy to go down and hook it all up. Sorry no one was there.

Monet, be careful stopping some of yur meds you might need them to recover. Yu might want to chec with your Dr or pharmacist first. Feel better.

Gracious, Sending prayers for your DS Dr visit. Keep us posted.

Hope we see lots of losses today. Good luck.

Jackie
257/163/145
10-10-01
Old 10-30-2002, 08:25 AM   #59  
LKF

BOB, congratulations for your fabulous weight loss!!! You have done SO WELL this month! Could it be that having to run around taking care of your mom might have run off some of the pounds? I am so glad she is doing well.

Jackie, I am so proud of you, too! See, you were so upset that the scale hadn't moved...it was just saving up for this week! Honestly, if we keep at this WOE, it's gotta come off -- but sometimes, it takes its time. I think it's a good idea to cut out the sf ice cream for now -- too tempting. I think the more we can curb our desires for sweets, the better. According to Montignac, you can't fool the body -- if you put something in your body that has artificial sweetener of any kind in it, he says the body "prepares" for it as if it is the real thing and excretes the insulin anyway! If that's true, laying off all things even resembling sweet would be the thing to do. He sure has some revolutionary ideas!

Gracious, we're all anxious to hear how your DS does at the doctor so let us know when you get back...meanwhile, all of you feel our prayers.
Old 10-30-2002, 08:48 AM   #60  

Height: 5' 7"

Default WIW

Hello all! I am so far behind reading posts. Please forgive me. I had a mini vacation at my mom's. We stayed up late...ate too much and just had a blast. A friend came over Sunday night and we had a few drinks..first time in about 6 or 7 years. Which is why I'm sure the scales are up 2 pounds this week. Better than the 4 they were the other day...LOL But you know what..for me it was worth it. We had gumbo...I did at least have it over brown rice...and only a table spoon of potato salad. These are dishes from my childhood. There was no way I was gonna talk moma into using WW flour in the roux... But since then it's been back on track. I NEED to walk. It's been about 2 weeks. After 8 days of rain the run finally came back out yesterday. So hopefully the road is dry enough I can walk this afternoon.

Have a GREAT day! Be encouraged...be blessed...and know you are loved.

Love,
Crystle

235/154/140
Closed Thread