Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:53 AM   #31  
"Ashley"

Good morning all! Happy Tuesday!
The weekend was good...got a lot of cleaning done too. For those that asked, the movie, "27 dresses" was very cute, I do recommend it if you are in the mood for a romantic comedy!:-)
155...I love your idea of cooking up stuff ahead of time to reheat later. That would really help out here with 4 kids, and a hubby! I just need to find the time to plan all that out! The only thing I really make ahead now is my spaghetti sauce. (i posted the recipe on this site). I usually end up making a few quarts at one time to have on hand in the freezer. Thanks for the compliment, but I think those loose pjs must just hide my fat well! I want to lose about 40-50 lbs, all leftover accumulated weight from my 4 pregnancies.
And, congrats on your 3 lb loss! yay!!! :-)
Chris313.... glad your colonoscopy went well! omg, and Pepperidge farm..I think they just wanna kill me with their Milano cookies..I cannot even go near that aisle in the grocery store!..hehe
Solly We watched the Derby on tv and were so devastated over what happened to Eight Belles. :-(
I will try my best to send you some of my determination! For me it's all about not wanting to have to "start over" again with getting the sugar out of my system, ...that was a really tough "detox" for me. I don't think I would have the same control if I went off and on plan...so it's actually easier for me to just stick with it for now. (if that makes sense..)

Hope you all have a fabulous day!!!

Last edited by RiceKrispiTreat; 05-06-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

I am still but managed to get up at 5:30 and get in a 30 minutes walk. The dog really helps me get going. Eating yesterday was good. We did gt in a 2 mile walk last night. Then after dinner we went to the grocery and got lots of fruits and veggies. Then I had to clean house, clean my car and make lunches. I sat down at 10:45 to unwind. I have decided I have to teach my self portion control (big time) and even if I have a slip up or want the occasional baked potato, b/c that is life, I have to eat in moderation and get right back on track. I just have to keep talking to myself. I should have a constant reminder with my pants being so tight -ha-ha.

Determined, I pray for your friend. That is so hard to leave some one like that. I hate that she does not have the fight in her to go it alone. I feel sorry for you who has given her shelter and guidance and now you have to watch her go back to that situation. You know she will be back soon. You are such a good friend.

Krispie, You are smart to keep on track. Once you cheat, it becomes easier and easier. When I first started this WOE, I was determined to lose the weight. I didn't want all my friends to say "she is on another diet and that won't last long". I didn't even tell people that I was "dieting". I made it almost 9 months to my DD's wedding w/o cheating. I lost 105 pounds. But once I did, it was hard to get back on the straight and narrow. Now, thanks to chemo and my own stupidity, I have 30 pounds to take back off. I am going to do it though.

Toni, you fajitas sound good. I need to make something mexican this week but DD doesn't care for fajitas so i might just make here something else.

Crystal, you are motivating me. Keep it up.

Got lots to do. Have a great day
Old 05-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 250/250/155

Height: 5' 9"

Morning all,

RiceKrispie, I'm with you on the idea that it's easier to just stay the course then go through detox again. Can't say I have missed potatoes but that might be because it's getting nice here and summertime eating for me is more vegies and less starch. Might be different when the cool weather of fall sets in and I'm looking for comfort food.

Solly, there's a website called http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/ that has th GI of most foods and they show all kinds of different potatoes. Some are definitely lower then others and might not spike the sugars so much.

Determined, I'll say a prayer for you and your friend. Abuse is such a hard cycle to break. They get you to the point where you don't think you deserve any better and no one will love you but them. Must be very hard for you to watch your friend go back to that life.

Happy Tuesday to everyone else.

Oh, a word of caution, I got home late last night and decided to treat myself with a bowl of SF ice cream...well, too much maltitol (sweetener) sitting in your stomach overnight can give you a horrible stomach ache and make you best friends with your bathroom (for hours). Just thought I send out a head's up.

Have a great Tuesay all

Last edited by 155at50; 05-06-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #34  

Default Eggplant Mousaka

Ingredients

1 fresh eggplant
8 oz ground turkey
3 cups tomato sauce
1 cup raw onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 glass (3.5 fl oz) red wine
1/2 cup white flour
1 cup nonfat milk
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled

Directions

Slice eggplant very thinly.
Brown ground turkey with onion and garlic.
When brown, add tomato sauce and red wine. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
Layer eggplant then meat mixture in 13 x 9 pan, ending with meat mixture.
Add milk to clean saucepan and slowly stir in flour a little at a time until sauce thickens. Add feta and parmesan cheese.
Pour white sauce over the casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees until top starts to turn golden brown.

Number of Servings: 8

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KHILKEY.
Number of Servings: 8
Old 05-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #35  

I found this recipe and am wondering if you can't use ww flour instead of the white. I love mousaka and this looks like a good healthy recipe.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #36  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy ya'll

We had a wonderful weekend. We took the kids out to Outback and we all splurged. Every calorie was worth it, even the dessert. The tuna was AWSOME! The kids had never been before and they got a kick out of going somewhere besides a buffet.

Solly...you totally rock and the weight will come back off. You have WAY more self control than I do. You have always help keep me on track.

Toni...yum! I would use the whole wheat flour. I use it in place of white flour in all of my gravies and roux. I made my oldest some shrimp Parmesan this weekend and he said he liked it better than Alfredo sauce. He even ate whole wheat noodles with it. Do you peel the eggplant? I know some people don't like the peels. I actually eat them. I've never tried eggplant this way. I'm going to for sure.

Michele...I'm so sorry to hear that your friend went back into the abuse. My daughter's best friend is in that situation. It is so hard to see someone being hurt and allowing. This young lady is self sufficient so I really don't understand why she stays.

Ellen...I hope you are having a GREAT day even though you are stuck at home.

Chris...((hugzz)) Glad you are finding time to visit. It's good to hear from you again.

Man, I wanted to say so much more but I've run out of time. ((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle

Last edited by CountryMom4Him; 05-06-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys..thanks for all the compliments! I was just checking in. We got Boogie's heart monitor last Friday, so he'll wear it for 30 days and we'll go from there. I'll keep you all posted. For the ones that have known about him since he was a baby..he's now 4'1" and just about 50 pounds at 8 years old. So pretty skinny but getting tall. Ashley will probably be taller than me. She's already 5'4 at 12 years. That eggplant recipe looks good. Reminded me of an eggplant mozzerella bake recipe I found here that was really good and a good lasagna substitue. I wish I had time to post more, but work is calling..
Old 05-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #38  

Good evening. Eating has been good today. I'm going to make a stir fried brown rice and leftover grilled pork tenderloin for dinner. I've got my rice cooked and cooling now. Can't wait to get some more fresh veggies and stuff in the house. Think I'll thaw out a turkey breast for the week end. That way I can make lots of stuff next week with it.

Crystal- I've never made eggplant on my own so don't know whether to peel it or not. But what I've eaten hasn't been peeled so I'll probably not when I try this. Do you salt yours first?

heartmom- Can't believe how your kids are growing. You're going to have some tall ones....

Solly- Well I'm going to fight my way back to good eating. How in the world did I get off track. You know all of sudden I had tons of sweets in the house. My choice of course. Anyway next time I shop I'm not doing that again.

155- Boy I have to really watch the sweetners in ice cream and candy, it works exactley like you said.

Rice- Keep up the good work!

Well time to run. Good evening to all....
Old 05-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 182/176/130

Height: 5'1"

Hello SB Friends...Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. It has been a busy week for sure. I popped on read the posts, I just did not have time to post myself. We had trees cut from our property that could be dangerous, as far as falling into our home, during one of our frequent storms/tornados. Loving trees as I do, I have already picked out the replacements! Last night we got news our 9 yr old twin Grandchildren/girl/boy who live in CA have ADHD. We are trying to education ourselves and it is overwhelming...any input from any of you with experience on this subject would be greatly appreciated. I know it off the SB subject but it is all we have on our minds today. I'll be back later to post and I have that recipe I mentioned to you Rice! ~Peggy
Old 05-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 182/176/130

Height: 5'1"

Raw Veggie Relish

2 Cups of each:
chopped fresh tomatoes, bell peppers and onions
1 cup fat free mayo
1 (roll) of Ritz crackers ~any WW cracker can be used (Can be omitted)
1 cup crumbled fried/broiled bacon (even turkey bacon is good)

Layer diced bell peppers on bottom of clear glass bowl (you will want to see the layers simply b/c it has eye appeal ), then add layer of diced onions, then a layer of diced tomatoes Add the FF mayo by spreading it over the tomatoes. Crush (in a plastic bag) the roll of crackers and shake it over mayo then add crumbled bacon. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerator for a couple of hours, serve cold (this keeps it crispy) on a bed of lettuce or as a side. If you think it needs more zip just add Mrs. Dash or similar seasoning to your taste.

I think this is legal but we will ask those more SB wise!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #41  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Wednesday!
Just wanted to stop by quickly to say hi to everyone. All these recipes popping up sound so good. I have to make a day to try some out. I like to try new things so I don't get into a rut eating the same old things all the time.
Our puppy, Crash is getting big. He likes to chew on shoes so we are very mindful on where we take them off. We are very lucky in that he doesn't like to chew on the furniture. Writing that was probably the kiss of death, but I'll risk it. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures on here I'll put some of his up.
Well, that's all I have for today. I did weigh in this morning and am 2 pounds down so I feel good about that. Enjoy this beautiful day!

Old 05-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #42  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Height: 5'2"

Morning everyone,

Eating has been decent. Drama at my house now has gone crazy. I can't wait until July (or possibly June) when I am on my own. This situation is getting so tence. Its the living together thats killing us.

Been pretty busy..Glad to see everyone is still tagging along. Such a strong crowd of motivation. You go girls. Congrats to the loosers!!!

I'll write more later. I am back to the gym hard core again..Thank goodness!!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #43  

Good morning everyone. Just popping in. I had to get up early this morning so I can have coffee before going to Wal Mart and doing a little shopping. Stopping by to get some veggies to at the market. We're fixing to get a big storm here so better get off. Have a nice day....
Old 05-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #44  
Dtrmndtosucceed43

S/C/G: 249/249/135

Height: 5'2''

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers for my friend. She is now once again cut off from her support system and family. She needs all of the prayers she can get as she is in poor health physically and mentally. She will be 62 in September, so i pray she gets another chance to get out of there!

It is a beautiful spring day here is Middle Tennessee! I am enjoying it!

I have been stuck at the same weight for weeks now! HELP!!!

Have a great day, all!

Michele
Old 05-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 250/250/155

Height: 5' 9"

Happy Wednesday all,
Starting to get a little nervous and excited about doing my stand up. 1 week today!!!! Hope you will all send me good thoughts on the 14th so I don't bomb too bad. Had a horrible day yesterday for wanting chocolate, thank heavens for Lindt 80%. Ate a loooooooot of it yesterday.

Determined,
Just a thought, are you eating enough? If you've been dieting for awhile and restricting your food intake, your body might have gone into starvation mode. If you eat more for a couple of days, your body might snap out of it. SB legal food of course, just more of it.
What's everyone else's thoughts on this?

Gym,
Hope things calm down in your household soon. Your home should be your safe haven.

Peggy,
Relish looks good will try it on the weekend.

Toni,
Going to try your's too, looks great.

Chris, Heartmom, Country, Solly, Ellen, & everyone else have a great wed.

Cheers

Last edited by 155at50; 05-07-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Closed Thread