Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:56 AM   #46  

Ok, I am back from water aerobics. It has been probably 6 to 8 weeks since I went. I am probably going to be sore tomorrow! I am drinking lots of water...

We had our Cherry Blossom Festival this weekend up at our daughter and son in laws, since they have a Yoshino Cherry tree. We eat sushi, drink sake and sit under the cherry tree and admire the blossoms. I don't drink the sake...the rest do. I am usually the designated driver. The rest of them...six to be exact...drank FIVE bottles of sake! My son in law, the ex chef, made brown rice sushi and it was awesome! He taught my other son in law how to make the rolls too. I know, and my daughters and I used to make all the sushi for the party, but we have been buying it lately. The homemade stuff was great! He had temaki(tuna) rolls, California rolls, eel rolls...I am not big on the raw fish, but I love the California rolls. I tried not to eat TOO many...and filled up on miso soup and salad. It as too cold to stay outside long, so we moved back inside and chatted for a while before we came home. They live 45 minutes away, so we did not get in until fairly late, and just about went straight to bed.

Here is a picture of my latest work. I LOVE this new glaze, and am probably over using it a good bit!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg raspberryvase.jpg (30.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-31-2008, 12:12 PM   #47  

Good morning Sugar Busters Here we are on Monday. Yippee the week end is over and its a new week. I still fight the fight on the week end. Next week end I swear I'm going to plan better. I did do pretty good yesterday. We had taco soup for dinner. I had one bowl and it was just a regular serving. Today I've got Steve a corned beef in the crockpot for dinner but I'm having something different. He just wanted a corned beef so he could have sandwiches this week. My dinner will be something with a sweet potato as I have lots of them.

Monet- Your week end sounds wonderful. How fun to have your own cherry blossom festival. I've never had sushi but don't think I would like the fish ones either. Your vase is wonderful, I love that glaze. Thats so great you went to water work out, what a way to start the week. Hope it gets more enjoyable for you. I know you used to love it.

Bob- Those bounceing balls almost made me dizzy. But what a happy post. Made me smile first thing when I got up. We're getting such awful weather here I'm in envy at your weather. Lucky you a good place to walk and a friend to walk with. I've got to get on that treadmill.... Maybe today is a good day to start....

Solly- Dang I can't send ya sunshine from here. We're having tornado warnings, along with hail and rain. A horrible storm is coming and theres lots of flooding here. The ground is full of water here so it can't take anymore. So hold on the your seat......

Mari- Hooray for you in exerciseing. All you ladies are making me ashamed I haven't done anything.

Gym- Get ahold of yourself today is a new day. We can do this girlfriend.......

Tech- Oh I'm so glad Derek got the job. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing.

Going to watch the tv and see where the tornados are.....
Old 03-31-2008, 03:24 PM   #48  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

I normally dread weigh in Mondays but I have a loss this week so I'm happy. Down five pounds this week to 169. I even got in a pair of pants I hadn't gotten in to in ages. Several months ago I threw away all my smaller clothes except this one pair of pants. Now I'm wishing I had kept some of the smaller ones but I truly didn't think I would ever take the weight back off.

Toni...praying you stay safe from the bad weather. As much as I'm enjoying the sunshine I sure could use some of your rain. We watered the garden earlier but it never does as well as the rain. A sweet potato sounds good. It would go good with our dinner. I'm making some cousous with spinach in it and chicken on the side. If you were a little closer I'd hop on over.

Ellen...woo hoo so good to see you this morning. The festival sounds like so much fun. We can't get brown rice sushi here. I don't know that I would like but it would be nice to try and see.

Solly...There is not a doubt in my mind you will start losing again. You are one of the most motivated and inspirational people that I know. Your dedication to your exercise is awesome. I'm not nearly that disiplined but I'm trying.

Tech..woo hoo on your hubby's new job. God's timing is so perfect. ((hugzz))

Bob...mama likes the half white runners also but we can't get them either. When we lived in the Carolina's that is what we planted. That is so odd about the bicycle. I'm glad they told you so you didn't ruin your car.

Gym...hang in there. Today is a new day and fresh start. We all have bad eating days from time to time. With all the exercising you do I bet the scales won't even show it. ((hugzz))

Mari...awesome on getting out there and walking. When I started SB years ago I could barely walk I was so out of shape. Then I started walking five to seven days a week. Walking really helped get the scales moving down. I think not walking over the last year is one reason I put so much back on. Okay that and the poor eating..

Guess I'd better get moving. I've avoiding going out to the garden long enough. I dread the pain in my thighs again. Maybe I'll get blessed and they won't hurt as much as last week.

((Everybody)) Remember you ARE the BEST you there is!!! I hope each of you has a SUPER week.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 03-31-2008, 05:57 PM   #49  

Just here waiting for the big storm to come. It has 60mph winds. Its raining so far but no thunder or lightening yet. I've got a loaf of banana bread in the oven but I forgot I had a whole wheat banana bread recipe I was going to try. Darn..... Well next time. I did put splenda in the one I made.

Crystal- Your dinner sounds good. I've never had couscous, but would love to try it. Just got me some cast iron loaf pans to try and make bread in. I've heard they bake beautiful bread. I got onion sets Sunday and am hopeing to get my little garden started when this rain stops.

Okay guess I'll go........ Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:07 PM   #50  

Well, tonight I blew it big time with traditional comfort food. My mother was Bohemian, and tonight my son requested, purchased the groceries for, a traditional dinner of breaded pork tenderloin cutlets, sauerkraut and potato dumplings. Tom made gravy. I ate too much. I did eat some of the dumplings because I have not had them in probably five or more years. They sure were good! I hope though, it is another five years before I eat them again.

The weather was not so nice today. Rainy, cold...I hope it warms up some.

I am really sore from water aerobics. I hope it is not too bad tomorrow. I took four ibuprofen already....

Night all!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:53 AM   #51  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone,

I had along day yesterday and didn't really have a chance to even say Hello. I am very happy to see the posts picked up. Always a good thing..

I got through yesterday with out a single bit of sugar or high fat SF treat. One whole day. I have been doing so poorly and even with the treats. It was time to buckle back down. Spring is here, and although it's not nice out yet soon enough it will be and I don't want to have to work really hard, when I could have been in the habit weeks prior. Me bad eating habits at night had returned and so I had to cut that cold turkey.

I did a step/weights interval training class for 60 min then I did about 30 min of Zumba before I went home.

I have been awake since 445. I can not wait to move out, my sister and her finance can be so loud sometimes. Usually they at least me coffee when they leave for work. Today I was on my own. How rude!

OK onto the reply's.

Monet-That dinner sounds quite yummy. Why is it that all the yummy foods are bad for us. HA. Im sure after today you won't be as sore. It usually takes 1-2 days for the soreness to wear off. I recommend on those really sore days doing some water laps. It honestly helps with the soreness because it helps your muscles to relax and warm up. There is a big difference from being sore and real hurt, so listen to your body, and don't over do it. The more you do it it gets easier on the body.

Crystle-Awesome job on the 5 pounds. That is amazing. I am or was(i gained) about 5 pounds behind you. Im curious if you don't mind sharing this, for you what does that translate into for pants size? It always amazes me how different people fit into clothing. I hope I can report even a pound loss this week. I have a lot of xtra gaining to loose from my awful 2 week cheat.

Toni-I hear you on the planning. I do so much better when I go to the grocery store with a plan and have good foods ready. its when I get lazy and hungry that I go awry. Yesterday was a new day--I got through it and today I will also. We can do this.

BOB-Odd about the bike. I would call just to give them a heads up. Sometimes people do report stolen bikes and such. This way you can't be blamed. The best, you could give someone back something that happened, the worst, nothing happens and your not worse off. Couldn't hurt to call. Hope the DMV went well. I know the feeling about not wanting to "find" something to do. Like Toni says today is a new day so just start right back up eating well. Wendy's is the "better" choice though of the fast food. Just saying. LOL

Solly-Shopping for new stuff is so much fun. I can't wait to put my appt together this summer. I have slowly been shopping for it. Luckily I got my sister finance to paint it, I just have to pick the colors. I can send him your way. LOL I wasn't "lost" per say. I just was off in my perception as to how far this walk was going to be. This seem closer in a car at 30 mph than walking in the wind. HA. Im going to complete it some day when it gets a tad nicer out.

mari-I agree walking with a friend is a good thing. I have a decent "friend" base at both gym I attend so let me tell you its much harder to not go when you have people ask you where you have been. it helps give the xtra push. I do "love" the gym but it can still be a challenge to get there some day. Awesome grocery shopping for legal recipes. you will have to post the recipies that you really like. I need new ideas!!

Ok everyone have an awesome OP day!! YAY us. We can do this!!

Lets have a challenge day where we all agree to be 100% legal for 1 day. I know we could all do it. It would be interesting to hear how everyone does. What does everyone think?
Old 04-01-2008, 07:25 AM   #52  
Dtrmndtosucceed43

S/C/G: 249/249/135

Height: 5'2''

Good Morning, everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA. Lots of things going on in my house right now. A friend is here who is fleeing a domestic violence situation and I have been busy providing support and encouragement.

Eating has been pretty good and I have been on plan for the past couple of weeks with only a few no-no's.

I have missed ALL of YOU!

Welcome all newbies !

I will try to catch up on posts through the next couple of days!

Happy April! Spring is on its way!!!!!

Ellen- your new piece is beautiful!

Michele
Old 04-01-2008, 08:32 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies, It was sunny last night so we took the dog for a 30 mintues walk and then I pushed myself to go to the gym and do weights for 30 minutes. I sure didn't want to go and even when I got there I didn't want to stay but I got in 30 minutes. I was in bed at 9:30, I was just tired. Slept all night, which is unusual, and was still tired this morning, but I am raring to go now. We had steaks on tehg rill and boy they were good. Haven't had them in awhile and I am not a big steak fan, but tasted good last night with a salad.

Bob, I agree, what a happy post. So glad to see it, sorta of got me going this morning. I am so excited that you have a walking buddy. Good going girl. Did you see where Mr Kentucky, Bill Kightly died. He had been the equipment mgr for almost 50 year. Under 6 coaches. He will be missed.

Monet, Oh my gosh, the vase is beautiful. What intricate work. I may have to commission another piece. You have to treat yourself sometime. We know we are not giving things up forever, we just have to learn how to eat them in moderation.

Toni, come on now, you just keep all that rain. We are expecting some showers today and then another big storm on Thursday. I want some sunshine!!!!!

Counrty, Woo-hoo another 5 pounds, OK you are flying past me and leaving me in your dust. I must get ti going. I will never catch up, but I'm trying.

Gym, glad you are back on track. I knew you could do it. I'm up for your challenge. I had a legal day yesterday and plan on another today. It's those weekends that kill me.

Determined, glad you are back and we totallyunderstand. How sweet of you to provide a place & support for your friend. I hope she can work things out for her benefit.

Well, I have a million things to do today, so better get started. Have a great OP day!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #54  

This thread is dead! Please use the new thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138638
Closed Thread