Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #46  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Height: 5'2"

Good Eveninig,

UGGH Cheat day is over..and holy moly. Not worth it. I feel so sick..I wasn't even horrible like I used to be, I prolly had less today than i would have had on an old "normal" day. Just goes to show me Sugar is bad.

I was at the gym though for 2 hours thank god. 45 min strength, 10 abs, 45 cardio boxing, and 20 stretching and leg work.

Dinner was at the 99 with my best friend who also follows sugar busters. We are both regretting it big time. I had breaded shrimp scampi, over linguini. Only ate half because we had cheese and crackers, 2 potato skins, 1 chicken strip with honey bbq sauce, and for dessert I had a mini brownie Oreo Sunday with van ice cream. Granted I know why I feel sick, this used to be something id do just because it was the 1st Tuesday on the 3rd month halfway in between July. HAHA In other words..For no reason id eat crap. Im not even weighing in tomorrow. I feel good knowing that I don't like how cheating makes me feel, so getting back and staying on the plan for me is 95% easy. Just someone kill me I feel so icky.

HAHA Well I hope everyone had a great day!!!

Last edited by GymRatandStillFat; 02-14-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday,

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's day. We went out for Mexican. Need I say more. Today we are celebrating my birthday (tomorrow) at work. One of the girls made cranberry bread. Have to eat it. We will probably go out for dinner tomorrow night.

Misrubi, Hang in there. I know you are discouraged, but this does work. Maybe you should cut your calories to 1200 or 1300 a day. Are you drinking lots of water? Hopefully next week you will see a nice loss.

Gym, Now you can see what you were doing to your body. Glad you are back on track today.

Sparkle, good idea waiting until sat. Everywhere was packed last night.

Tech, How is business?

Toni, It has warmed up here so maybe you will get out soon. At least you can talk to us.

SMW:

Heart, Have a good weekend

Bob, any movie pics this weekend? We may go see Bucket List on Sunday afternoon.

Monet, are you sleeping in today? Oh, I read in our paper last night that the American Diabetes Soceity just published a study that determined 4 cups of coffee will really mess up a diabetics glucose. I know you like your Expresso, so maybe that is the culprit. Check it out.

Have a great day and a great weekend everyone. Talk to you Monday.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

i weighed in this morning and am down another 2.5 pounds! i think i'm going to start weighing myself weekly and experiment with different caloric intakes.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:33 AM   #49  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 368/260/220

Height: 6'

Happy Friday Everybody!

Went out to eat last night for V-Day. Had very nice grilled fish...tried to only eat a little of the baked tater that came with it. But the kicker was that DH bought some chocolate covered strawberries when we were leaving. I had one with a glass of wine when we got home. There are 3 left in the fridge! OK V-day is history.

Well the rain is settling in here and promises to stay through the weekend. I will spend the weekend curled up with a book and try to fit in some treadmill work outs through out the weekend. I found out really quick that it will take me some time to build up my routines. I can barely do a 1/2 hour straight...trying to get up to 3mph sustained. Havent even tried the automatic workouts yet. At least I'm not flying off of it. I can even let go of the handles for a little while.....lol.

Rosemary
Old 02-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #50  

Morning all!!

Just wanted to say hi!! I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #51  

Happy Birthday,
Solly!

Last edited by Ellen; 02-15-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:35 PM   #52  

I need to head out in about an hour for a weekend retreat up in the mountains. I am just about packed, and will get Tom on the way out of town. I dropped him at work this morning on my way to get lab work done.

SOLLY: That is interesting about the coffee. I have been drinking espresso every morning since Tom was laid off, but it doesn't account for why it was high before then. I will try to lay off the caffeine and see if it helps. Thanks for sharing that...

Ya'all behave! See you Sunday evening, or Monday morning.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #53  

Happy Birthday Solly
Old 02-15-2008, 05:57 PM   #54  

Wow I can't believe I've been in this house for seven days. My eating is still horrible. Its hard being trapped inside and can't get out how your eating can go to H_ _ l. I just am not very happy with myself. But theres hope. Rain is coming tomorrow and it should wash allot of the ice off then we can get up the hill. This is what happens when you live in the woods. Nice 90 per cent of the time. Hope everyone has a great week end.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #55  
About 4 months over!

Happy Birthday Solly!!! So what are you 21 now??...
Old 02-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #56  

Good evening everybody. Hope your day was a nice one and y'all remembered your meds! My daughter and my momma are coming tomorrow and hubby is taking all of us out to a local place here in town. Their rib eyes almost just melt in your mouth, they are that good.

Talk to everyone later!
Old 02-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #57  

B: muffin in a minute (something i found over on the South Beach Diet section)
s: apple
L: tuna with mayo, relish, 2 ry krisp sesame crackers
1/2 cup cottage cheese
s: clementine
D: sweet potato with butter and steak seasoning
Morningstar veggie patty with soy cheese and low carb ketchup
stir-fried brussels sprouts
s: SF pudding
Old 02-16-2008, 06:54 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 285/285/130

Good Morning Everyone~

Yesterday was my first day bak on track and boy did I have a headache from you know where. i was thinking that if there are meds out there to help drug addicts w/draw from drugs, there shoud be somthing for sugar. I was sick to my stomach and the whole nine yards, BUT. today is a new day and although I am disappointed about my fasting numbers I will continue on. I can't expect perfect blood sugar readings after only one day of being o track although I wish that was the case!!!! Have a great day everyone!!

Kate
Old 02-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #59  
About 4 months over!

Happy Saturday!!

So yesterday made a week of point counting along with no sugar. Weigh day was also the day after a huge cheat day. Funny I was still down a pound. So now I only have 1 .5 to go to get back to my lowest so far from this WOE. My optimism is renewed. Yesterday was tough in the way that I was way under my points. My stomach just didn't recover so well. Everything I ate made me feel sick. I only ate 15 points. I'm supposed to hit 26. I'm just trying to recover from the sugar rush i guess.

Im going to the gym this am and Im forcing myself to eat egg beaters because I have to. It's a 2 hour class and Eggs are the only thing that really hold me that long. I always have almonds with me too, just in case.

My best friend and I are having a party tonight and all the food is based around legal SF foods. Thank goodness he likes to cook and bake cause there are some great recipes he played with. We hope no one notices the SF theme. HA

Ok Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 02-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #60  

yikes, where is everyone?

my husband is snowboarding in colorado till wednesday, so i'm kinda bored. i think i'll use his absence to do some of my tae-bo videos in the living room. usually i work out in the basement, but it's always super cold down there.

i think my total gym is doing me well....i am noticing that even though my weight hasn't dropped a ton, i am quickly fitting into my smaller clothes.
Closed Thread