Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Rosemary, glad your day is better and your DD too.

Sparkle, how nice of your DD. Just intime for Valentine's day. Enjoy

SMW, eating out is a chore. Just try to make the best choices you can.

Gym, I would perfer to work out in the am, but can't seem to drag my lazy arse out of bed and my DH & DD go at night also.

Mercee, Hang in there, don't get overwhelmed.

Stilltrying, You are doing great. Keep it up.

Toni, We don't have it that bad. We can get out at least. Poor thing, I would go nuts. It's supposed to warm up here to 50 tomorrow, what about you.

Mom, I always wondered about OA. I definately could use the mental help. Looks like you have to be successful.

Just got back from a meeting and thought I would drop in. Off to finish my books for tomorrow meetings. See you tomorrow afternoon.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #32  

I just can't believe we still can't get out... HELP someone come and get me... Solly do something. Tomorrow its supposed to warm up here. We've just got to get out then. Eating is still bad. Just had some popcorn. I'm not getting on the scales tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

Toni, good luck! It's been snowing a lot here and the roads have been icy, but at least we've been able to get around.

Well, today some drug rep brought some goodies into work and I decided to stuff my face a little. I had more than a few of those yogurt covered pretzels and then like 3 sandwich cookies. i just ran on the treadmill and worked out on the total gym, so hopefully the effects won't be too devastating!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #34  

Good morning! I slept poorly last night, and slept in a bit. I need to wander down and find some breakfast and make some coffee.

I have no set plans today. I think I need to clean a little. Justin cooked dinner last night and typical male, made a mess in the kitchen that did not get cleaned up. I would have done some cleaning before I went to bed, but he was frying up more chicken breasts to put in the freezer. He makes them like a Chic-fil-a, as sandwiches. That is what we had for dinner last night. I had mine on one piece of whole wheat bread, and the rest of them ate them on wheat buns. And my primary vegetable at dinner last night was pickles. I need to monitor a bit closely when these guys are fixing dinner to make sure the menu has some healthy aspects to it.

I am excited. My portable potter's wheel has been giving me trouble and the company offered to send me their next better wheel to replace it. I agreed. The better one will handle more clay, and is a fairly nice wheel. I love good customer service!

I am loving not feeling sick to my stomach from Byetta all the time! My bg is about the same as it was on the Byetta. Not great, but if it is going to stay the same, I would rather not have to remember to do the shots. I hated having to cart it all to a restaurant when we were having dinner out.

Off to find some coffee!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:27 AM   #35  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 368/260/220

Height: 6'

Happy Valentines Day Folks!!!

I was woken up at 4:30am by a kitty kat romance seranade outside my bedroom window. I couldnt get back to sleep so I eventually got up and did a mile on the new treadmill. I was out til 9pm last night at choir practice so I did not even try the treadmill last night. Glad I had a chance this morning. and you know what it actually energized me. I took a quick shower, dressed for work and I even feel like I am breathing better than usual.

DH unfortunately gave me a v-day gift set complete with lots of chocolates...brought them in to work to regift...lol.

Monet...I was on byetta for about 3 months and found that it really didnt make that much of a difference in my bg levels either. I am on glucophage only now.

Toni...hang in there...spring will be here soon!!!

Rosemary
Old 02-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #36  

Morning all!!

Happy Valentine's day to all of you!! I am still busy at work still down 2 people.
However I am managing to still workout and stay OP.

Rosie- Good workout keep up the good work. I usually workout on my treadmill in the evenings.

Monet- I hope you sleep better tonight. I wonder if all men hate to clean the kitchen. My sons do the same thing. LOL

Chrgrl - Glad to see that you ran those cookies and pretzels off.

Toni - I hope youu can get out soon we are suppose to get more snow today. I hope is passes over. At least today we should reach 37 degrees.

Solly - I hope you have a great day.

Gym- I am saying Hi now in case I don't get back later.

Bob - Howdy to you!!

Well ladies I hope everyone has a great OP Day
Old 02-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Checking in..boring day at work. I'm feeling sleepy today, probably because it's slow. Eating has been "okay." Could be better. Robby fixed me an omelette this morning with cheddar cheese, onion, mushrooms, and jalapeno's. It was really good. I had some almonds not too long ago. Lunch is asparagus and chicken. Another snack will be sf yogurt. I have chicken legs in the crockpot with Kraft's Light Barbecue sauce(not 100% legal, but better than others) for supper tonight. Robby will probably throw some sides together to go with it. Not going out for dinner cause I'm sure the restaurants will be packed tonight. We have a "date" for Saturday..dinner and a movie. Probably won't be a legal day so I'm trying to watch it until then and make sure I do a workout everyday. Robby got me a big bottle of Beautiful with the free gifts that come with it. I told him that he better not dare buy me chocolates,lol. I have no self-control when it comes to chocolate..I'd eat until I literally got a stomachache. I hope you all have a good V-Day!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Toni, I sure hope the warm temps and sun melts everything enough to get you out of there. I would be eating too.

Chrgrl, Good job working off those calories.

Monet, that's great about the new wheel. You don't find that much any more.

Rosemary, Did you figure out all the bells and whistles on the already? I love getting on there in the mornings, it's just getting out of the bed that's so hard.

Mercee, good job with your eating even though you are swamped. That usually keeps me from eating. Slow days, make me want to eat all day.

Heart, nice gift. I usually get perfume as well. Always needed and appreciated.

Just got back from meetings and I am starving. I brought bbq for lunch. I had a pork roast that I forgot to freeze so I made bbq with it. Semi legal as the sauce was low in sugar. No plans for Valentines Day unless DD & I go out to eat. DH cuts fish on Thursdays for tomorrow's fish fry. No biggie. Everywhere will be crowded tonight anyway. Made it to the gym last night for about 40 minutes. Should make it tonight too.

Got to run eat lunch. Have a great day
Old 02-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Just a quick hello!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 29 lbs. lost

Height: 5' 4"

I already posted on our special Valentine's Day
chat section. Still just have to add a very

" A HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL "

to this board. Have a good day, SMW
Old 02-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #41  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everyone..Just stopping by to say Hello. Happy Valentines Day everyone.

Today is the yay cheat day..And funny I didn't cheat as much as i though.

Breakfast was a mocha chip bagel, and muffin top.
Lunch was Pork, gbeans and coleflower
Snack was almonds and a SF muffin

I have been hyper and bouncy all day though. I actually want to be good at dinner however I know I wont because Im going out to a non legal place. Fun times. Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #42  

Happy Valentines Day all. Its my sister's birthday today. We're still iced in here and guess we will be the rest of the week. I give up I might be here till spring. Going to make a meatloaf for dinner. LOL maybe I'll make it heart shaped!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #43  
Addicted to potato salad!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #44  

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. Hubby and I decided to do ours Saturday, since tonight every place would be too crowded. I will be getting my requested Valentine gifts which are a dvd player for the bedroom, a new skillet ( a good one this time) and a ped egg. Lunch today was Quizno's roast beef & cheddar, cut the mayo, add mustard. I ordered a small one, but got the regular size instead by their mistake. Ate it all.
Supper tonight is nachos made with triscuits, jalapenos and shredded 3 cheese blend. No chili or sour cream, did'nt have either.

Have a nice rest-of-the-evening!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 235/145/138

Hi Everyone!
Happy Valentine's Day!

I am discouraged. I have been absolutely faithful to this plan for almost 2 weeks now. Not only have I not lost so much as a pound, no inches either and I feel bloated al the time. In monitoring on Fit Day, I am at 1500-1600 calories, a steady 500+ cals less per day than I was eating so there should be AT LEAST a pound off. Not even water weight! I am trying to exercise but I am not doing any strength training so it's not muscle and it's only two weeks anyway. The exercise is slow going because I have had recent issues with sciatica, tendonitis and a heel spur, all at once and all on the same side.
Plus now arthritis in my knees which makes squats and lunges more difficult as I can't go down so far without "locking up." But that aside, I am moving and doing as much as I can daily.

I have to say I don't feel hungry but I don't feel comfortable either.

So today I cheated. 2 Hersheys kisses, 2 mini hershey bars and a piece of cake! Not horrible, but what the heck. I've just never had no progress on a new woe before. Atkins gets boring but it does produce results so I am thinking maybe I need to switch to Induction, eat the meat, cheese and eggs for a few weeks and then switch back.
Closed Thread