Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 235/145/138

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Thanks Gym Rat-I knew 5 gms was too good to be true.
Trying to motivate myself to exercise. I bought two DVDs, very simple; Stretching for Beginners because I have a lot of back and joint issues (46 yo)and Just My Size Yoga! I have to tell you, the Yoga is a simple yet thorough routine and gives pointers for what to do when, well, the belly and other large body parts get in the way of the poses.

Chris-Bethel is so quaint, lived in New Milford too but the winters finally did me in. Left in 03 and in 04 and 05 we had all those hurricanes here! Somehow no power for two weeks still beats shoveling every morning and afternoon

Last edited by msrubi46; 02-04-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

B: shredded wheat n' bran with skim milk, splenda, cinnamon
s: 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
L: 3 oz chicken with 1 oz gorgonzola cheese (which i figured out i don't really like too much) and a clementine
s: 1/2 cottage cheese
D: Toni's stew and sweet potato with butter and steak seasonign
s: ??? likely to be a strawberry smoothie

i just jumped rope and did my killer butt video. my legs are all wobbly.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #33  

Good evening everyone. Up 2 pounds today when I weighed this morning. That's okay, well not okay, but I didn't beat myself up about it, I knew there would be a gain after Red Lobster Saturday.

Lunch was at a chinese place, I had the chicken and broccoli. No buffett, ordered off the lunch menu. No rice. And I actually ate the broccoli! It was tasty.

Supper was nachos made with Triscuits.

Y'all have a very pleasant evening. Many congrats to the losers and maintainers, the rest of us - here we come!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:29 PM   #34  
Dtrmndtosucceed43

S/C/G: 249/249/135

Height: 5'2''

Good evening everyone!

Chrgrl- i made your smoothie today! I followed the recipe except for I doubled the strawberries since I had no bananas. It was FANTASTIC! I loved it! My son and dh loved it, too!

Sparkle- way to go by getting right back on track!

I am off to bed!

Michele
Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 AM   #35  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Msrubi-I lived in New Milford for 11 years before moving to Bethel. We've probably passed each other on the green!! We got tired of route7 (which by the way is Still under construction and forever will be) and decided we wanted to cut down our driving time so we moved to Bethel. Ft. Lauderdale is a big switch form Ct. How do you like it?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:33 AM   #36  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Height: 5'2"

GMorning,

Uggh the weather here is nasty. Its raining and sleety. YUCK. I am skipping the gym today. I have been 4 days in a row so far..Time to rest. Plus Once I get to work I don't want to have to go out in this weather. Another great day yeaterday. Although I have been hungry nothing crazy like last week. Interesting how that works.

I hope everyones day goes well!! I weighed myself just cause i was curious to see if 3 good days did anything. I am back to my weight from last week. So apparently It does make a difference. Im excited to see what Friday holds.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #37  

Morning! Silly me...today is the 5th, and not the 6th when my doctor appointment is! I was thinking it was today.

I need to go get some more clay today. Or wedge up my scrap-which is what I ought to do. I have sold six pieces since last Wednesday, which is better than I did even before Christmas! I am pretty excited. I need to throw mugs. I made my special order bowls and finished them last night. I am hoping the handles don't crack.

I never ate dinner last night, so I was hoping I might see a drop on the metal monster, but no go. I am the same as yesterday. Oh well! At least I am making some progress.

My bg has not been great, and I am sure that doesn't help either.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Happy Fat Tuesday Ladies!

Now just b/c it is Fat Tuesday, we don't get to binge. We can do this.
A good piece of news is whenI weighed this morning the scale was down about 4 lbs,but I also noticed the preset was at 7 lbs. I guess when DH swept the bathroom floor he hit the dial. So I got to move it down about 5 lbs (I like to keep it at 1.5 or 2 as that is what it took to be the same at wW). It lloks like I am actually down 2 more lbs since Friday. Down to 183. Gym is right, more exercise, the more you lose.Hopefully this will hold tomorrow.

Breakfast: S\Protein smoothie, lunch: salad with 2 oz ham & turkey, cheese. tangerine. Dinner: meatloaf, butter beans and some other veggies.

Monet, for the 2 lbs. You are moving in the right direction. Keep it up.

Ray, my red is fading quickly, but not as fast I must think as I have had several people ask me lately since when did I have red hair. Da, it's been 5 years now. I guess they only see me when it's really faded.

Mercee, You did great with your exercise last week. You surely will see some inches missing soon.

Gym, planning is the key to success. You will always be prepared and you will succeed. I have a ?. When you work out (other than your classes) do you do a whole body workout or just upper or lower? I have been doing 30 minutes of cardio and upper body one night and 30 minutes of cardio and lower body the next. Rotating the rest of the week. My DD is now doing a whole body each night so I was just wondering what was better.

Rosemary, I long for those days right along with you. Each day bring a new pain somewhere. I have a pesky hammer toe also, as a result of my RA. Every ordered those sleeves to put on them? Soak in some warm water and feel better soon.

Msrubi, sounds like you are on the right patch to exercise. Walking Off the Pounds are good videos, 1, 2, & 3 mile workouts.

Chrgrl, hold on tight girl, I wish I could jump rope. Now days, I would wet my pants (TMI).

Sparkle, that gainis not fat from your meal on Sunday. You couldn't gain 2 lbs that quickly, Probably a lot of sodium in your meal causing water retention. Bet it's down in a day or 2.

Determined, isn't it great when you find something you like and such a plus when your kids like it too.

Bob, Hello?????????? You are off on Mondays and supposed to report in here more. Where the heck are you. I'm sending Moent with her broom

Got to get to work. Have a great day.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:37 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Monet, we are posting at the same time. That is a sign of age you, gettng your days confused. Just kidding. You are doing so great on Etsy. Have a great day.

I almost forgot. Today is my 4 year anniversary as a cancer survivor. It is a very special day. DH Brought me a beautiful angel vase with 4 roses and daises. My co-worker brought me the most beautiful bracelet and earrings. So thoughtful.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #40  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 368/260/220

Height: 6'

Solly...congratulations on 4 years! I will celebrate 20 years in June. Cancer is but a distant memory for me, but I remain vigilant at all times. I have an appt tomorrow for a complete check up.

Monet..my bg levels have been slightly higher too...inconsistent eating habits and total slow down on exercise...but the worst of it is that I just plain feel crappy and crabby...lol. Sluggish and irritable all the time. This downhill spiral of mine has to stop.

That said there is King Cake on the table here at work. Happy Fat Tuesday everbody...lol.

Rosemary
Old 02-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #41  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Congratulations Solly and Rosieinsa. I wish you continued health for years and years to come. You're an inspiration to women and men everywhere!!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #42  

Morning all!!

Just a quick stop by to saw hi.

Solly - congrats on 4 years I pray for many. many more.
Rosieinsa - congrats to you to and many. many more years.

Hi Monet and Chris. I hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 29 lbs. lost

Height: 5' 4"

Hello Everyone,

Sparkle, we all have to splurge now and then, keep going.

GymRat, glad your back on track, weather here is nice,
almost like an early spring. Don't think it will last long.

Monet, congrats on the selling six pieces.

Solly, Congrats to you on the pounds lost, you are on a roll!
The real good news though is your four years cancer free.
Your DH and friends sound like wonderful people for treating
you royally, which you deserve.

Rosieinsa, I am very happy cancer is but a distant memory for you.
I wish you continued good health. I saw King Cake at the grocery
store but just kept walking (smile).

Hello to Chris, Mercee, Msrubi, Ray, Michele and all who are
working to lose pounds and improve their health.

My food has been pretty good. I don't seem to be as focused on
food these days as before I started eating Sugar Busters. (Yeah!!!)
I plan to take myself to the mall and walk for awhile today. I
need to do better on the exercise. A good day to all, SMW

213 / 209 1/2 / 187 (First Goal) 3 1/2 pounds gone baby gone!!!

If today is primary day in your state, exercise your right to vote.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #44  

SMV-- Glad to hear things are going well with you. I hope you enjoy your time at the mall.

I plan to vote today. Take car all.

Hi Gym- I hope you are having a great day.

Last edited by Mercee; 02-05-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #45  

Hey SollySolly - why don't you just move the scale dial to GOAL!!!

My wish for all of us - that we get to goal quickly and silently and be done with it for the remainder of our time on earth. We might even have room to fulfill our other dreams!!!!!!!!!!! That's HOT that you're 4 years free from the beast!!!!

Sparkle - I'm sorry 2 pounds took your sparkle out but good on you for getting right back in there!!!

I went to the gym last night and worked out hard and I'm sore today - but a good sore - like I'm goin' places sore.........

Ray xo
Closed Thread