Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Thread 2/2-2/11

Welcome to Sugarbusters! This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #2  

I can't believe I forgot to start the new board for February! Just to make it easier, I am doing it more weekly so it doesn't get so long.

Lets make February the BEST month yet! We can do it!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #3  

Tom just headed out to hike with our older daughter and her husband up in the north Georgia mountains. I will try and work all day.

TONI: I made your cauliflower salad last night. I forgot to add the splenda, but it is really good without it. Thank you for posting it! It was so easy, since I used the packaged crumbled cooked bacon you can buy at Costco. I even put the crumbles in the microwave to 'crisp' them up and it worked pretty well. I used mayo instead of miracle whip, cause that is what I had, and added a little dried onion. Oh, gosh it is good this morning! I love having salads like that in the fridge!
Old 02-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 29 lbs. lost

Height: 5' 4"

Sparkle - Don't let no weight loss to report get you down. It will come.
Meanwhile remember how healthy you are now eating. You can do it!!!

Solly - Hope your not sore from your fall. Some days are diamonds some
days are coal. I hope this next week brings you lots of diamonds.

I did not know being diabetic made it so much harder to lose. While I am
not diabetic my sugar was up some my last blood work and the Dr. said
if I didn't lose weight and get exercise I could end up being one. My
older sister is diabetic. A good incentive for me to take this weight off.

Chris - the three pound loss is great!!!

Michele -congrats on the 1.4 pounds, not bad for a week.

Gym Rat - I'm glad you slept and feel better. Please don't let your
self have real hunger. There is plenty to eat that is legal and good
for you on this way of eating.

Monet - I think the weekly thread is a great ideal. Hope your doing OK.

All and all this past week was a good one for me. I did have one slip
and gobbled something I shouldn't have. However compared to my
usual binge this hardly showed on the radar screen and I'm hoping
to get stronger and do better. Even with the slip I am down in lbs.
this week. That makes me smile. Have a great weekend all!!!

SMW (SlowMovingWoman)

213 / 209 1/2 / 187 (First Goal) 3 1/2 pounds gone baby gone!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #5  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Height: 5'2"

Ha..I didn't even notice the new thread...I tried to poast and the other one is closed. Too funny.

So 1 job down today..And so far so good..But there are still a lot more hours in the day..And that damn Pie is still here. Im doing well though.

Since I have time between jobs I just might nap. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend, and staying with plan food.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #6  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Enjoying the weekend and wanted to share this with everyone. I found this picture in the 3 Fat Chicks U.K section. For everyone that thinks a 1 pound loss is disappointing...Click image for larger version Name: 06_12_04_fat3.jpg Views: 4 Size: 26.1 KB ID: 28319

It really hits home when you see it compared to something! Congratulations to all the 1 pound losers!!

SMW-terrific weight loss!

Gymrat-I'm dying to know, what are your 3 jobs?

Have a great weekend-Chris:
Old 02-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #7  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

I messed up the image!! I'll have it up when my daughter comes home and tells me what I did wrong.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #8  
About 4 months over!

Chris-My full time "day job" is a nanny. But on Sat I work for yankee candle. I teach 2 kid fitness clases on wednesdays and I do 1-2 fitness borthday parties on Sun. And then on the "side" I pick up babysitting when i can. I like to keep busy.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #9  

Just a quick fly-by! I have not done too well this week. I think I'm down one pound, but I have felt crappy since Wednesday. My throat is sore and my ears have fluid, I can tell. I also started out with a headache, but that is gone now. I think it is a virus and Sean and Rachel have it too. Sean is absolutely coughing his head off and Rachel said her throat hurt yesterday. She has an as needed inhaler for her asthma that has been helping her with the cough, but he is just trying to make due with cough syrup. I've been doctoring myself with real sudafed, that you have to ask the pharmacist for, and motrin. I think I'm getting better. I'm just ready for all of us to be well!!
Old 02-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

Height: 5'6"

today my husband and i went ice skating...i don't think i've done this in about 15 years, but it was pretty fun. we were skating on this community pond so it was kinda rough (we had to shovel some snow off it) but at least it was some exercise. my thighs are kinda sore.

B: steel cut oats with splenda, cinnamon, blueberries
L: white chicken chili and low carb tortilla with turkey bacon, cheese, lettuce, and mayo
s: SF pudding
D: Morningstar veggie patty with cheese and low carb ketchup, sweet potato with lite butter

i seem to crave nothing but starches lately, but i'm doing the best i can. i know i am going over on the starchy carbs some days, but oh well.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/145/138

Height: 5'6"

Default Newbie

Hi!
New here. It was hard to find a support board for this WOE; seems they all have disappeared.
I did Atkins in 2003 and lost 65 lbs. Transitioned to SB and did very well losing another 10. I messed up when I got cocky and was eating all those evil low-carb, no sugar added Frankenfoods. Anyway, I have gained 35 of the 70 back. I have given my SB book away and just purchased it again. I am trying to find something that I "thought" I read beofre, in that if you are using foods like cereal, it can have 5 grms of sugar or < per serving. The first book says 3. Did I dream it?

I hope I can lose the 35 on this. I have tried going back on Atkins and I just can't eat that way. I need fruit, grains, etc., not just meat, cream and eggs!

I know my downfall is the goodies so I must resolve to stay away.

Glad I found this board.

Chris 313...I used to live in Bethel. Guess it's pretty cold now. 82 here..lol.

Last edited by msrubi46; 02-02-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #12  
About 4 months over!

Evening...I did it!!! I made it through the day on a great note. YAY...For dinner I had 2 cheeseboca burgers and 2c broc. That held me until just now (11) when I got home from work. I had a bowl of glicerna cereal. I didn't want to go to bed hungry for fear of waking up in the middle of the night.

Thin-This wasn't a good week for me either. lets make next week rock!! Sorry your not feeling well..Hope you feel better.
Chr-Cool Ice skating..I haven't done that since I was a kid. Im sure you'll be sore tomorrow. In a good way though.

Msrubi-WELCOME to the sb support group. Its a great place to hang out. Good luck on the plan this time around. You will find great support, tips and recipes here. In the SB book I have (its the newest edition its 3g or less) unless its something with natural sugar like milk or no sugar yogurt. I have never even attempted Atkins..Any diet where fruit is bad and bacon is great doesn't sound very healthy. Its all about balance. I talk good stuff..but im the first one to eat 5 pc of sugar free candy in one evening. LOL Anyhow..Welcome and enjoy it here.

Last edited by GymRatandStillFat; 02-02-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #13  
Dtrmndtosucceed43

S/C/G: 249/249/135

Height: 5'2''

hello everyone!

Hubby and I celebrated our anniversary tonight......and we ate off plan,,,,,,,,but, I noticed that the food did not taste very good AND it did not make me crave more... I did have fish, but it was fried catfish........i didn't eat many fries, and I feel okay about this one planned "cheat." Back on plan tomorrow and going to begin that walking this week as well.

Gym- glad you had a good day

Chrgrl- oh how I Loved iceskating as a teen living in Michigan. We skated on the tennis courts in my community, sometimes we had to shovel off the snow, too.

Msrubi. You will find support, friends, and humor here.

Chrs- i am waiting to see that gross picture of one pound of fat........ick!!

Thin- hope you and your family feel better, soon.

Have a restful night, all!

Michele
Old 02-03-2008, 07:42 AM   #14  

Good morning to everyone. Let me tell you about yesterday's meal at Red Lobster. Of course it did not go as I had thought, but here's what happened:
3 cheddar biscuits, 2 mozzarella cheese sticks, 1 chicken strip (both of these were dipped in honey mustard dressing), then the combo broiled scallops/garlic grilled scampi with mashed potatoes. For dessert something called "apple crumb" but didn't like it. That's it, it's over and I'm not beating myself up over it. Today will be right back on schedule, yesterday's gone.
I enjoyed it, but not to the point that I would ever want to go back to eating like that again.

I did buy a pair of pants that I have to take back cause they are too big and that was after the above meal, ha ha. I didn't try them on there, I would rather do that at home.

Gym: I love Yankee candles, hard for me to pick a favorite though. You are one very busy lady.

Chrgrl: ice skating! You lucky girl, I never even learned how to roller skate.

Msrubi: welcome to you. I am new here myself, but have been on SB almost a year now.

Solly: how are you doing from your fall the other day?

Thin: I hope you & your family are beginning to feel better.

Talk to y'all later!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:31 AM   #15  
About 4 months over!

Good morning,

I have nothing really to say..Im just having tea and cottage cheese before the gym. It's amazing what one whole good day can do. I woke up feeling like..Wow I can do this. Today starts week 10, which means for 9 weeks I have been doing it. I have my grocery store plan and I am all about cooking this week.

Sparkle-I hear ya about picking just one scent..Or flavor as I always refer to them. Thats the beauty of tarts and votive's. I should know I own more then i'll ever burn and yet I keep buying them. HAHA. Eating out can be really tough. What seems to help me with any food situation (don't laugh) is having a big on plan snack before the meal if you can. I try for a vege or a big salad. It seems the less hungry I am the more likely I am to stick on plan. FOr me when my blood sugar gets low and the hunger gets high I don't care about anything I just want to eat. Today is a whole new day!!

DTRMD-Awesome job planning to "cheat" and getting right back. Happy Anniversary..How many years??

Geesh..I think I am the only not married person here..you all talk about the DH. I just realized this. HAHA Anyway's all have a great day!!
Closed Thread