Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Support - June 2007

Welcome to Sugarbusters! This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 06-01-2007, 10:20 PM   #2  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HEY ALL YOU BUSTIN BUDDYS!!!!

Day 4 of my new job and I still like it. There is still the matter of never having scheduled surgerys before, but that will come in time. All of my other duties, I've been doing for the last 26 yrs so that won't be a problem...The people that I work in are really great so that is a PLUS!!

I'll keep y'all posted as it progresses...

I'll check in over the weekend!

OH MONET....IT RAINING HERE AND IT'S MOVING NORTH...MAYBE YOU'LL GET SOME OF IT EVENTUALLY!!! First we've had in over 9wks!!

BOB
Old 06-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon Everybuddy

I hope everyone is off having a good weekend. I'm just back from playing a few games of badminton. We're having some good warm weather but the forecast is for thunder showers this evening. Hope they are wrong as I am going downtown with a friend later this evening to see if we can see the concert they are having for the opening of the new wing of the Ontario Museum which is an outside event.

BOB - Glad to hear you are still enjoying your job. I'm sure it won't take you long to get a hang of the new duties that you have.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:31 PM   #4  

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been MIA. I got a hankering to read a book, so I finally pulled the last Harry Potter book off the shelf and read it. Now I only have to wait 6 weeks for the next one, instead of over a year! I stayed up until 3am reading, then woke up this morning and started in on it again. I only took a break to go to Costco with Laura.

Not much else is going on around here. We are going to a good bye party for a young couple we know that is moving to Korea to teach English. I would rather stay home, but Tom is keen to go.....

BOB: It is overcast here, but no rain yet...I sure hope it gets up here, but it would be great if it dumped some on south Georgia....the farmers there are really hurting!

ROSALIE: We'll take that rain if you don't want it! I hope you get to enjoy the concert!
Old 06-04-2007, 08:04 AM   #5  

Good Morning! Its a brand new week...and MMM!!

I am down 2 pounds this week.

I am about to suit up and head off o the gym for water aerobics. I hope everyone is doing super!

Old 06-04-2007, 02:03 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

I've been such a bad girl. But I'm holding steady so I'm really happy about that. I'm actually down about one or two from last week.

Sat. we went and picked blueberries. The kids just love to do this. We usually only do it once a year but we might go back next weekend. I put up 10 little jars of blueberry jam. I had to give it a taste...yum yum. The rest went in the freezer for muffins, smoothies ect.

((Everybody)) I hope ya'll are having a GREAT Monday. Remember each of you is AWESOME and the very BEST you there is.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 06-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #7  

Hey everyone! I got about 90 minutes of water aerobics in today. I also finished two canisters, a small lidded jar, a bowl and two utensil crocks- one of which will probably be a replacement for the one I have been promising someone I will mail out ...

I hope everyone is doing well. If you all are lurking, please post. It is kind of sad it is so slow in here.

Good night! Sweet dreams.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies

Back from a great time in Chicago. I bet we walked over 20 miles a day. Saturday, we left the hotel at (9:00 am and got back at 1:00 am. Other then the 1 hr ride to and from the hotel and a couple short bus rides, we were walking the whole time. Didn't eat or drink a lot, but the scale was still up 6 lbs yesterday. 3 was gone this morning.

Home for 4 weeks and I am glad. All this running around gets to me.
Don't know if I told you, but Wed before we left our A/C went out, 3 hrs later, our dryer died and 3 hrs later, we couldn't get our garage door up. Very frustrating day. Hopefully the /ac will be fixed today (getting a brand new one and furnace) and getting the new front loading washer/dryers today too. Garage door started working on its own.

Monet, congrats on your loss. You are going in the right direction.

Bob, glad you are still liking your job.

Country, why is it when we are good, the scale doesn't move but when we are bad we lose? Take it anyway. Good job. Use it as motivation to stay on track.

Rosalie, did you get to see the concert?

Well got to run. It is crazy here. My DD who is off for the summer, is coming in to help out some. That should help. Have a great day.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies

Back from a great time in Chicago. I bet we walked over 20 miles a day. Saturday, we left the hotel at (9:00 am and got back at 1:00 am. Other then the 1 hr ride to and from the hotel and a couple short bus rides, we were walking the whole time. Didn't eat or drink a lot, but the scale was still up 6 lbs yesterday. 3 was gone this morning.

Home for 4 weeks and I am glad. All this running around gets to me.
Don't know if I told you, but Wed before we left our A/C went out, 3 hrs later, our dryer died and 3 hrs later, we couldn't get our garage door up. Very frustrating day. Hopefully the /ac will be fixed today (getting a brand new one and furnace) and getting the new front loading washer/dryers today too. Garage door started working on its own.

Monet, congrats on your loss. You are going in the right direction.

Bob, glad you are still liking your job.

Country, why is it when we are good, the scale doesn't move but when we are bad we lose? Take it anyway. Good job. Use it as motivation to stay on track.

Rosalie, did you get to see the concert?

Well got to run. It is crazy here. My DD who is off for the summer, is coming in to help out some. That should help. Have a great day.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:33 AM   #10  

Default Good morning

I got the neatest surprise yesterday when I went to check the pumpkin. I have two patty pan squash that are also growing in the compost pile, that I knew. But what I didn't kow was I had a HUGE pappy pan. It weighted over a pound when I weighted it. I pulled the other little one hoping it would make again. My yellow squash and zuchini didn't set this year so it was nice to find the other.

Welcome back Solly. I'm so glad to hear that you had a good time. Sorry to hear about all your electircal stuff going kaput. ((hugzz))

((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 06-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #11  

Good Morning all

It's a dull, wet morning here so won't be going out walking to-day. Yesterday I found a new place to walk. There is a wooded area with trails close to where I am living and that's where I walked yesterday. I try to get out for a walk most days - if I miss going in the morning then I will go after dinner.

I didn't get to see the concert on Saturday. The area was very crowded. We probably could have got in to the stands which were set up in the road but it would have been a long wait until the concert started and would have been a problem if we needed potty so decided not to stay. Instead we took the subway down to the harbourfront. That's a nice area just to browse around and to sit around sipping a beer or a glass of wine.

Solly - Glad to hear you had a good time in Chicago. That was a lot of walking you did. Maybe those extra pounds are water weight. Hope they are gone soon. Sorry to hear about your appliance woes but I am sure you will enjoy your new front loading washer and dryer. I bought new ones last year when I moved into my condo. The ones here were working but very old so decided to treat myself to new ones. Hope you don't mind me offering a word of advice - keep the door of the washer open a little after use and wipe inside the rubber where water can collect. Apparently if you don't do this it can get musty. I got this advice from my dil when I bought mine.

Monet - WTG on the 2 pounds gone.

Country - What the heck is a pappy pan? Your blueberry jam sounds yummy.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #12  

Hey everyone! I slept poorly last night, and finally gave up this morning and took a nap. I feel better now after an hour and a half nap!

I need to go to the store and get essentials, like luncheon meat, bread and bananas, so will make this short.

COUNTRY: What a nice surprise! I have two volunteer squash growing near the compost pile, and I am going to be interested to see what they are!

ROSALIE: How nice to have some walking trails nearby! Nice scenery makes it easier to walk, I think! I am finding my waterproof MP3 player is very helpful to my water aerobics! I am the type that NEEDS these little trick things to exercise!

SOLLY: Chicago is a neat place to visit isn't it? I grew up there, and used to love wandering around when I was in high school. The public transportaion is excellent, so you could get anywhere you wanted to go by train or bus. What all did you see? Did you get to any of the museums downtown?

We have a lot of folks missing... SEF, TECH, ERICSMOMMY, MELF, and some oldies, like HEART, PANCHO, GATOR, TALITHA, that it would be nice to hear from.....
Old 06-05-2007, 07:03 PM   #13  

Default Howdy again

Rosalie...sorry about the typo. I don't know what my fingers are doing sometimes. Patty Pan are a white squash with scallopted edges. It is very similiar to your other summer squashes.

Monet...cool beans. I can't wait to see what you end up with. :0

It is HOT. I should be working or walking or something but I'm so not motivated. Hope ya'll are having a GREAT day.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 06-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #14  

I got in 45 minutes of water aerobics this afternoon. It felt pretty good!

Dinner tonight was good...I made Lion's Head which is a Chinese style meat ball with nappa cabbage steamed with it. That and brown basmati rice completed the meal.

I am feeling rather sore tonight. I guess from the class yesterday. We did a lot of twists and bouncing. It sure is fun, the time just flies!

Old 06-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #15  

Good Morning all

I went to bed early last night but woke up almost every hour but still ended up sleeping to almost 7.30. So I didn't get out for my early morning walk, instead decided to get out the vacuum cleaner. It was certainly time - I had been putting it off for a while. I just hate vacuuming the carpet I have. It was so much easier when I had hardwood and some rugs - then I could just zoom around in no time.

CountryMom - I hope you didn't think I was being facetious. I didn't realize it was a typo. I didn't know what a patty pan was either. Anyway thanks for the explanation.

Monet - It's about time I went swimming again. I used to go to the local indoor pool frequently but it's been a while since I went. I like to exercise while I am in the water although I have only once been to an aquafit class. There is an outdoor pool in the condo complex but it's not open yet. Hope they get it open soon.

Closed Thread