Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #61  
sef

Hi all,

Cleaned yesterday, washing the day before and cooking day before that. Today I am paying for it. Went to church but left before the sermon as I couldn't sit comfortably, even had taken a pillow for my back and sat at the end of the pew for side support. Felt I had to go as I had to make an annoucement for YAH. Sometimes it's not worth getting up in the morning.

Have not done a thing, other than change clothes and let Bitsy out/in since I came home.

Thanks for the welcome back, everyone. I never intended to desert.

Maybe after a nap I'll try to sew a couple of afghan strips together.

One of our choir members just got engaged. Maybe I'll look through my patterns for a wedding sampler.

Nothing great to report, just saying Hi.

May good things happen, Shirley

Old 06-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #62  

Hello everyone! We just finished dinner. I made grilled pork chops, ww organic pasta with homemade, home grown pesto, and sauteed spinach. The pesto turned out awesome! We were all fighting over the half I WAS going to put in the fridge for another meal...we ended up eating it all on the pasta! I made it with basil out of the garden, added some mint too, and it was just perfect on pasta! I used rosemary and thyme out of the garden on the pork chops...they turned out good too. I am so proud of me!

THIN: I love Ft. Mountain. I think the mystery behind WHO built the 'fort' up there is so cool! If it WERE the Indians, they why doesn't their lore have ANYTHING about it? If it was not the Indians, then who was it? Guess we will never know!

SEF: Feel better my friend. I am glad you are not deserting us...I missed you when you were gone before, and I might just have to come looking for you if you ever disappear again!

Off to get ready for church!
Old 06-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #63  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HELLO KIDDO'S

I'm still drained from all the learning and this is the week that I have to do it all.
Friday was a blurr, and all I can hope for is FRIDAY TO BE HERE AGAIN!!! QUICKLY!!!!

Let me get past this week and I'll be back on a regular basis...I've not deserted y'all!

BOB
Old 06-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #64  

Just an interesting idea...
On the plaque by the stone wall that Monet was asking about, was a legend that it might have been built by Welsh colonists that supposedly landed near Mobile Alabama way before Columbus. The Indians talked of "Moon eyed people" which could be because of their light colored eyes. They lived in peace with the Indians for years until they somehow got into a spat and were massacred by the Indians or married into the tribe. Something to think about?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:49 PM   #65  

THIN: And yet, there is NO Indian lore about it. That in itself is strange because the Cherokees had a well developed verbal history that was handed down from one generation to the next. I have heard theories about it being built by DeSoto too, as they are sure he passed through north Georgia. (supposedly in the DeSoto falls area a Spanish helmut was found...)
Old 06-18-2007, 07:54 AM   #66  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi everyone. I quit my job Saturday morning during a store meeting. I was so sad and was bawling doing it. BUT, I desperately need July off because of a slew of things I have happening on Saturdays in July (Marching Band things, my nieces wedding in Rochester) and my boss's boss said absolutely not, that I can't have the month off to take care of these things. I said, hypothetically, what if I quit and then come back in the fall and she said she would absolutely not let my boss hire me back. You may remember a little tangle I had with my boss's boss back a few months ago where she was ultra rude to me. I called the Corporate office and complained, and HER boss from teh corporate office called me and I told her everything she did. The boss's boss's boss (confusing) apologized to me for her rude behavior and the boss's boss ended up calling me at home and leaving a message to call her back, but I didn't get the message until about a week ago and I didn't call her back because I knew I would be seeing her last week and figured she could talk to me then. Anyhow...I figure I got her in a heap of trouble with her boss and now she's like, "oh, so you want favors from me now?" Oh, well. I need this time off to the point of I have to quit to get the time off and will never be able to work at Master Cuts again because I got the boss's boss in trouble. BUT, the good news is that one of the girls that the boss's boss makes cry every time she sees her said that the last time she was in, she was really nice to her, so I think I fixed a problem and if I did, I'm happy for that, anyway.

But, I'll be able to be on here more often because of it. Will talk to you guys later on.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:07 AM   #67  

Welcome back, Tech. I missed you! And if you want to work at Master Cuts again, call the boss's boss's boss again...tee hee.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning to get lab results. I hope it is ok...I am expecting my A1c (diabetes management test) to be bad, but the rest should be ok....
Old 06-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #68  

Happy Monday Morning everyone

I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was busy. I played badminton Saturday afternoon and in the evening went to a Jack and Jill party. Yesterday was lawn bowling then to my dil's parents for a barbecue. Eating was good yesterday but I screwed up at the party on Saturday after having a good week. But at least a couple of the pounds I gained were off again this morning. A couple of days ago I was 191.6. Maybe one of these days I will break that 190 barrier. I was up early this morning and went walking, same yesterday morning also was on the exercise bike for 10 minutes this morning. It's so much easier to do when you have a book to read while pedalling. I just finished a load of laundry and will be off to play badminton soon.

Monet - That recipe for the Sweet and Sour Chicken/Pork is not on the recipe board but in one of my posts. I think it is on the May board near the beginning of the month. Let me know if you can't find it and I will post it again.

Tech - Sorry you had to quit your job. Who knows, they might be glad to have you back in the fall. If not I am sure you will be able to find something else.

Sef - Hope you are feeling better to-day.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #69  

So, anyhow...I'm so sad to be leaving my job. I think my favorite customer was a little goth girl that had eyebrow piercings and such and black clothes. She was 15 or so. Anyhow...she was the type that wouldn't smile if her life depended on it, but I talked her mom into letting me color her hair jet black and put in hot red highlights around the front. Little Mermaid or Ronald McDonald red highlights. I cut her hair into an inverted bob and used my thinnning shears to make it whispy around her face. Well, the girl that wouldn't smile if her life depended on it was positively cramping her face trying not to smile and kept lookign in the mirror messign with it and said, "I have never loved my hair so much ever!!" It was totally her and a bullseye for me. One other customer I loved was a woman named Mary. She was kind of solemn and stern-like in my chair at first, but I had her laughing about the blizzard of '77 and we got along so well. She loved her hair and even bought product from me. When she left, my boss said she's never seen that lady leave happy and usually has the hairdresser reduced to tears because she's so mean. Another was a woman that came in with her hair down to her waist and wanted to donate her hair to locks of love. So, I gave her an inverted bob and blonde highlights just around her face, blowdried her hair with lots of whisps around her face and she looked like a totally different person. THAT was really cool, too. I'll really miss working there, but maybe I can go to another salon someday. I'm going to try and do some hair at home...actually at the customers' houses...and make some money on the side, but nothing will ever compare to working at Master Cuts. The most fun I've ever had working at a salon, hands down. Except for that horrible woman they call an area manager. SHE is the total pits.

Anyhow...Kyle graduates from Kindergarden tomorrow night. I can't stand it...he's growing up so darn fast. We've been out on the boat so much I already have a tan!! I've turned part of my flower garden into a veggie garden. I figure, why not? My impatence got impatient and died waiting to be planted, so I figure I'll plant some pumpkin seeds and grow our own this year in the same spot. I planted one tomato plant in my old flower planter (Derek calls it my cemetery urn) and I'll be planting some basil and rosemary, so I might as well do pumpkins too!

Anyhow...will check in again later.

PS...Bob...SO happy for you with the new job. I've been lurking and keeping up on some stuff.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:00 PM   #70  

Here are a few pics of me with my mom and dad and one of Derek with the kids yesterday for Father's Day dinner. Just thought I'd share!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dadnme.jpg (26.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg momnme.jpg (22.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg dereknkids.jpg (36.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 06-19-2007, 07:42 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I missed yesterday. I had a presentation and then the day went to pot. We had a great weekend. The wedding was fun and Father's Day was relaxing inthe pool all day. I was down 3.2 pounds at WW on Sat. Monday up 7, down 4 today. Gotta love my body.
Pretty quiet week for me. Just hope it's not crazy busy again. I have been getting up at 5:15 and walking for 40-45 minutes so far each day this week (I Know we are only on day 2), but it's a start. We are getting some of the much needed rain today. Our grass is all burnt up. I'm scared to death someone will walk by and throw a cigerette and start a fire.

Heart, so happy to see you and more so to hear how great your eating/weigt has been. You are doing awesome. What is your secret? You & I have similar eating habits, so I am dying to kow howyou have fixed it. Please try to visit more often. We miss you.

Sef, sorry you are hurting. Hope today is better for you.

Bob, We are holding you to posting more frequently. You'll have all that stuff down in no time. How is Kate doing with you going back to work?

Monet. How is that diet study going that you were doing?

Tech, sorry you had to quit your job, but happy you will be here with us more. I'm sure you can find another job in the fall. Great pics, you sure look just like your mom. I'm a little worried that Kyle looks like the kid on home alone. Hope he is not as crazy. Shelly looks like your DH. She is a beauty.

Rosalie, What is a Jack & Jill party? I bet you see the 180's sooner than you think.

Got to get busy. Have a great day.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:06 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Solly- really not a secret, just trying not to binge so much and eat healthier in general, still exercising. My bingeing had gotten out of control. I still have a binge every now and then but it's not continuous.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:00 PM   #73  

Hey everyone! I had a busy day! I got up early and went up to North Georgia. We talked, laughed, cried, then ran over to Mark of The Potter for some inspiration. When we got back, we ate lunch, then worked. We tried a few new things we saw at MOTP. Fun! Mixed some glazes, then I headed back home. I got in, changed clothes, and James and I headed right back out again. We met up with Tom and some friends of ours for dinner at a Jamaican restaurant. I ate TOO much. I forgot my Byetta..so I anticipate high bg levels. I got chicken curry, plantains, zucchini, and a patty! (a spicey little meat pie) I did drink unsweetened ice tea instead of a Red Stripe or cola champagne.

I am so tired now! I think I will go to bed early!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #74  
sef

Hi all.

Trying to get back to normal. Back is a little better, it should be as I have been extra careful.

Ever since the accident I have been having problems with the insurance adjuster. I keep talking to his answering machine ot to someone else who can't do anything because it's Sean's case. One of them did send out a company that evaluates the damage. Then I got a letter from this Sean thanking me for discussing this with him, that he has not been able to get their insured, they need a police report, etc. I blew my top. Went to police dept. and got a copy of report in which their insured clearly admits it was his fault and was given a citation. No response. So I called Sean once more, was polite but firm telling him he does not keep his word.......may call is obviously not important to him, that he does not return calls by end of the working day, and that I expected a call ASAP. Then I called the main office and asked to talk to his supervisor. She said a number of things. That she would swend Sean an email and he should repond, if not call her again. This was Monday morning. In the early evening I got a call from Sean (Oh, you do acutlly exist) he had some figures to my son, what do I know about car values?, we accepted and there was a check delivered early this morning by FedX...even had a free pen LOL. Also I can keep the car without a buyback fee. Sean said have the chiropractor said the bill and it too would be paid. I guess like TECH you have to take a stand sometimes.

Motor-wise the car runs fine. Since the accidnet there is something rubbing when I hit a dip in the road or a pothole or turn in the driveway. Going to have that checked and drive it with the dent in rear quarter panel and door. I probably won't be able to drive very long. So it should last me a couple of years.

My six month retroactive SS came in so I feel rich! I treated to pizza last night. Joyful Noise entertained and I was aching and wasn't up to cooking.
Now I will buy some bills and get Bitsy her booster shots and checkup.

BOB: Getting into the swing of things at a new job can be draining. You know that, even though it's like it never happened before, but you will soon be running circles around it. You'll be fine. We are all pulling for you.

TECH: Did you read the first part of thos post. Like you I had had enough. Apparently that boss is being nicer to people, so you did everyone a favor. Too bad you had to quit in order to meet your home demands. You seem very talented with good people skills, you'll do fine. You know there a lot of people who are a not able to get out easily and would love having someone come in regularly. It is one less thing they have to make transportation arrangemements for. I had a friend in PA who had a business of home calls. Bought a couple of specialized things like the shield for washing hair in bed or sink, drapes, you know what you would need. She was able to set her own schedule. Good luck whatever you do. Almost forgot....good pictures. Thanx for sharing.

SOLLY: Although we have had less rain than usual so far this year, we have had plenty the last couple of weeks. We'll try to blow some your way.

THIN: I love historical mysteries. My husband's uncle was a lumberman. He had lots of property and we use to go up to the woods and cut our Christmas trees, get ground pine for garlands and gather wintergreen berries. One spring we decided to go for a tramp around the woods. We followed a deer trail and as we came around a bend all we cold see were hundreds and hundreds of daffodils. It was breathtaking. Upon closer examination there was an old foundation and a stone wall. Who built it? What happened to the house or cabin? Why out there in the middle of God's country? Obviously by the age of it, the woods were probably only saplings. After that every spring we would walk up there, just for the sheer joy of seeing the daffodils. We would always speculate about the builders. We drew up several scenarios in our imaginations.

ROSALIE: Wish I could do the physical things you do. You get lots of exercise. I was a doer and goer in my youth. We built a house with a kid on each hip! I admire your enthusiasm for life.

MONET: Hope the tests are good. You really enjoy yourself when you head north. It must be very restorative for you. It's wonderful to have a friend like yours. I miss the fact that I don't have a best friend like that anymore. I have lots of friends here but not that special one. Except Pat who passed away.

Did I miss anyone? I hope not. Have to get off as I don't sit well for too long.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 06-20-2007, 02:52 PM   #75  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Good afternoon ya'll. I wish I could report good eating and exercise but I have been doing poorly on both fronts and am staying around 181. I picked three pumpkins this morning and have them setting out in the sun for the next ten days. I would have never thought we could grow them here so I'm pretty excited about that. We pulled the last of the cream peas a couple of days ago and they are all shelled and put away. The one white squash that grew is putting out quite well. All 125 yellow squash were a wash. Talk about heartbreaking. The only things left in the garden are the okra, onions and pumpkins.

Monet...our pool is just a small above ground pool. I hope your test results come back okay.

Heart..it is so good to see you. WTG getting back in the 150's. That is my goal but I keep backtracking. ((hugzz))

Bob...I hope you are having a good week this week.

Rosebud...I hope I have the name right I forgot to take notes. You are SO righ about walking. There was a time you couldn't get me to miss a day. Two years ago I was putting in over 30 miles a week. Mentally it was as good for me as it was physical.

Solly...hey lady. Good to see you.

Tech..I'm so sorry you had to quit your job. I loved your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Toni...hey lady are you lurking? How are you doing?

Sef..Rosalie..Ericsmommie...((hugzz)) Good to see ya'll too.

Missy...if you are around how are you doing? Is tihs heat getting to you?

Gotta scoot. ((Everybody))

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Closed Thread