Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 11:53 PM   #1  

Default Too much WATER?

Can I be drinking too much water I try to drink 3 litres a day, is that too much?
Old 10-04-2001, 01:23 AM   #2  

Laura

Here's some information on water intake which I found on the web. It's part of an article in a Mayo Clinc newsletter:

The common recommendation for water intake is eight glasses each day. However, this is only a ballpark figure. To determine the appropriate amount of water, divide your weight in half. This number in ounces is your recommended daily fluid intake. Engaging in exercise or other activities that cause sweating calls for additional water. Beverages with caffeine or alcohol are dehydrating and do not count toward your daily water consumption.

So for someone who weighs 200 pounds their daily intake should be about 100 oz which is approx 3 litres.

Marie.
Old 10-13-2001, 05:23 PM   #3  

Hi Laura,
It is so nice to hear someone else say that they aren't having difficulty drinking water. It is so good for you. How are you doing with the diet part. I keep track of the weight watcher points. I find that the easiest. The thing that I have the most difficulty with is the exercise but I am slowly getting that under control too. By the way I'm a Canadian. Let me know how you are doing?Take care.
Barb
Old 10-13-2001, 06:49 PM   #4  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

LAURA and JESSICA

Welcome to our little corner of the board here at 3FC's

We love questions and we all have our opinions..but PLEASE come and join us on our WEEKLY SUPPORT thread...you'll find it on our INDEX PAGE for SUGAR BUSTERS...once in there, hit REPLY to post..

COME ON IN!!! WE LOVE COMPANY ESPECIALLY THE KIND THAT DECIDES TO STAY!!!

BOB
Closed Thread