Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Old 03-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #1  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Smile The tale of 3 dresses +

Last night I was bored - and I decided to try three lonely dresses in my closet. They're lonely because they are the 'nice' dresses, kept wrapped in long plastic bags and seldom allowed to see daylight - much less be worn (I had long outgrown them).

So - I tried the first dress, bought 4 years ago, when I was 20 & skinny), a long, open backed dress gown in soft lavender with lots of multi-sparkle diamond chips. It fit beautifully, and was perhaps a bit too big in places (like the bust )

I tried the second dress (8 years old) - which just happens to be my junior prom dress from high school. Long, rich plum material with a flattering off the shoulder neckline. This one was WAYY too big in the bust, in fact everything slid down lower than it should (but not too far, I still have my big ribcage ). I decided to save it, and maybe get it taken in.

The third dress (9 years old) is from my sophomore year in high school. A very business-y dress, since I was already in women's clothes by that time. I would say this dress fits the best out of the three - I think I will start adding this one into my dressy work clothes rotation

I'm smaller now than I was for most high school, when my bones were still growing (especially my hips! ). I'm still not quite where I want to be weight-wise, but so far it has DEFINATELY been worth the effort.

PS - I also just dropped down a pantie size to 8, one size away from my smallest adult tushie size of a 7

Last edited by Cardiomonster; 03-15-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:46 PM   #2  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Holy cow!!! I can't even imagine wearing clothes I fit into in high school. You go girl! You're doing an amazing job and I applaud you for the work you've put into it.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 151/128.5/115 5' 2"

Wow! That's great Lisa, you must feel on top of the world!
MrsMoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:50 PM   #4  
Finding Me

Thumbs up

That is so great Lisa ....i love reading success stories like yours ..it gives me inspiration!!!
Lost_here84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #5  

Fantastic! What a wonderful feeling to go shopping in your own closet!! Thank you for the inspiration!
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:02 PM   #6  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

I've gotta ask -- how tall are you? I'm very close to the same weight, and in a size 18! Cripes!
FL_Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:56 PM   #7  
Going to ONEderland

That IS exciting. I have clothes that I have saved since I was small, and now my daughter keeps wanting to try and wear them... She is too small though and doesn't fill them out right. I have this black dress, long, with an angel type neckline, a tie at the back of the neck and an open space between that and the lower part of the bodice. When I had a good figure it fit me beautifully. I have a red skirt too that I've always loved. One day I will wear them again if my daughter doesn't manage to grow up and inherit them before I grow down!

Your story is an inspiration!
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #8  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

keep up the great work!
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Ooooo, that must be such a great feeling! Enjoy it; you certianly deserve it!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:51 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Way to go, Lisa!! Soooo happy for you!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:44 PM   #11  

I love your story!! It is so inspirational. You must be so happy. I feel I am at my goal weight but still abit heavier than what I was in highschool, good for you!!!!
almost there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Chickie
I've gotta ask -- how tall are you? I'm very close to the same weight, and in a size 18! Cripes!
I hear you! I'm just getting into 20s at about 225 (5'5"), and keep seeing other people who weigh 50-60 pounds more than me in the same size. I feel like a whale!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:18 AM   #13  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well, one thing that I try to be careful about here is to AVOID thinking about others who weigh the same and are smaller or who have succeeded and look great posting all their "After" pictures, etc., and making negative comparisons to myself. There is a lot to consider... out body types, etc. For my size, for example, my pants size is probably a lot smaller than some... but yeeks the BLOUSE size is horrendous!

It is important to remind ourselves that we are all a team and in this together!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

i know what you mean dance. alot of peopel here may weigh 175-180 and be in a size 12 while i am still in a comfortable 16. alot of my problem may be my hips and definately waist!! i try not to compare myself to them because it is too depressing (look, i cant even spell the word right)

anyways, Cardiomonster, that is awesome!! You must be sooo proud of yourself. Bet you're not depressed now about your weight loss are you??

keep up the great work. you can make it to any goal you want to now. we have faith in you.

thanks for inspiring us to continue on towards our goals too.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:39 AM   #15  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Thanks, everyone!

Yeah, I'm pretty much

To answer any questions, I'm about 5'5". I wouldn't be so small now if I hadn't had to go through 3 months of physical therapy (intensive 2 hrs sessions of weight lifting 2x a week). After all that, not only were my knees better - but I suddenly had a lot of junk of in my trunk!

I have those problems with being a bit negative on myself, too. For example, I'm a 14-16 right now. I could be a solid 14, if not for the extra skin on my thighs There is, of course, fat there too - but also A LOT of muscle!

So - I'm going to be proud of what I have done, try to accomplish what I can - and then I'll see about the rest.

The worst part will be waiting the 18 months after reaching goal to see how much extra skin will be left - but what I have has tightened well so far!

I also have to thank all of you! I was fairly new to my weight-loss journey before finding 3FC - and it's made all the difference. to all.

You guys are MY inspiration. Keep it up!
Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote