Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:39 PM   #16  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Isn't it great, cemetarysiren? And I wear A LOT more v-neck shirts now -- so everyone ELSE can enjoy my collarbone as much as I do!!

Geez, that sounds vain.

Last edited by LovesBassets; 08-25-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:17 AM   #17  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

You guys crack me up!! I did the same thing with my stomach muscles -- I was poking my stomach one day and I was like, hang on a second, there's something under there! I was freaked out at first because I thought it was cancer or something, LOL! Then I realized it was muscle!

Right now the bone I'm most excited about is my hip bones -- when I lay on my back, I can actually feel them! It's pretty exciting, they DO exist under there!
Old 08-25-2005, 10:28 AM   #18  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm starting to see a rib... Hopefully I'll cover it up with some muscle when I've mastered more than 7 reps of dumbbell flies!

I'd like to see an AB soon...
Old 08-25-2005, 12:11 PM   #19  

You gals are amazing. There are muscles under all this? I want to find some. Do you promise if I keep going, they will appear? You aren't yanking my chain, are you?
Old 08-25-2005, 12:26 PM   #20  

Oh, Barbie Boo! Do you have a SURPRISE coming for you!!!

Just imagine: one day you're in the shower minding your own business. You rub some soap on your hands and start washing your face. And...what's this? What are these hard, somewhat sharp things under your skin? So you LEAP out of the shower and run to the mirror...you touch your face again and your breath catches on your throat...because you realize that you have the most beautiful, most fantastic, and most defined cheekbones. CHEEKBONES!! They're gorgeous! YOU'RE gorgeous!!!

And then you spend the next week or so grinning like an idiot as you touch those lovely bones in traffic, in the elevator, in line at the post office, etc., as people stare at you wondering if you have a bad sinus infection or something.

And that's just for starters...muscles are there just WAITING to show up, too.

So yeah...it's all true! Keep up all that hard work, and you'll be amazed/thrilled/shocked at what shows up!

Last edited by LovesBassets; 08-25-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:41 PM   #21  

Height: 5'9

Aw yeah, that's the best!! I love looking in the mirror (topless), sucking it way in and being able to see my ribcage! It's even better when I lay down on my side! Oh, and I love looking at the little indentation I now have in between my two collar bones....you know, the one that gets more pronounced when you inhale? Oh, and I LOVE laying down and being able to see my crotch! LOL
Old 08-25-2005, 03:16 PM   #22  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie Boo
You gals are amazing. There are muscles under all this? I want to find some. Do you promise if I keep going, they will appear? You aren't yanking my chain, are you?
I promise they are there!! It takes a lot of time and energy to find them, but they do exist!

LOL about the ribs, my bf keeps grabbing me around my ribcage lately saying "How did you get such tiny ribs??" But here is one BAD thing about getting thinner and having bones protrude more . . . my butt hurts when I sit for too long!! And chairs that used to be comfortable hurt because my back bones are rubbing on them!
Old 08-25-2005, 05:23 PM   #23  
aka Superwoman!

yuppers, it sucks being skinny! Boney bottom, sharp elbows, tiny clothes, better health, less sweat... definately sucks!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:56 AM   #24  

Hi there folks.. sorry to bump a semi-old thread, but i have a question: Paperclippy, you said you were running MWF and strength training tth. Did i get that right? haha.. obviously, im hoping you can tell me what the acronymns stand for :0)

thanks in advance,
lilith
Old 08-31-2005, 12:02 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy
Thanks! As for my workout, I run MWF and do strengthening TTh. I used to only do upper-body strenghtening because I figured running would build up some leg muscles, but for the past couple months I have started doing lunges and squats and other inner/outer thigh exercises too, which I think has made a huge difference (well, that and losing all the fat that was covering up my muscles). Now that I am not completely out of shape, I'm finding it easier to push myself harder in my workouts. Yay, I love exercise now! I used to hate it!
ooo, one more question, paperclippy: how many lunges per set, and how many reps are you doing currently? And, how many did you do when you started? Any exercises I can do just by using body weight as resistance (like squats and lunges) are my best bet for now.

thanks for the help, everyone.

lilith

Last edited by lilith9; 01-29-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:48 PM   #26  

Lilith: MWF = Monday, Wed, Friday. TTh= Tuesday, Thursday

You might also want to post your question in the Exercise forum - lots of good info to be had there.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:57 PM   #27  

Thanks for the answer and the suggestion, Julia, I'll do that!

lilith
Old 09-02-2005, 06:20 AM   #28  
aka Superwoman!

I've got legs too! I just found them last night! My quads were sticking out!
Old 09-02-2005, 07:54 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
I've got legs too! I just found them last night!
RFLMAO, 2frustrated..."I just found them last night!" Reading that just made me spit my Special K back into the bowl! It was either back in the bowl or out my NOSE...hee hee.

I LOVE this thread!!
Old 09-02-2005, 08:00 AM   #30  
aka Superwoman!

Lovely! Just wait till I find my abs!
Closed Thread