South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #16  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Hi chicks!!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. We're going out to dinner tonight with some friends to a place that has AWESOME pasta. They make it all there and I'm hoping that maybe they make some whole wheat....if not, I'll do my best to just eat a small portion.

Soon - how scary - be careful!
Old 03-25-2006, 03:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 196/187/160

Happy Saturday Afternoon Ladies!

Well last night I fell off plan for dinner. DB and I went to The Chancery , and I ordered a pita filled with chicken, veggies, monterey jack cheese and terikai sauce. It was so delish! And I even ordered extra veggies for the side instead of fries or other non SBD friendly sides. So the pita wasn't the best choice, and the veggies did have carrots in them, but it could've been a lot worse right? Well I did have 2 small pieces of bread with artichoke dip, and then had one (yes only 1) chocolate chip for dessert. I know, I know...it wasn't the best dinner but it sure tasted good.

This morning I was up and to the gym for step aerobics and stepped on the scale and low and behold, I'm still at 189. I'm happy with that. Although, I did find out that if I take my shoes off, I drop to 188! I never realized shoes weighed that much!!

Barb - At least you are working out at home when you can't make it to the gym, every little bit helps!!

Soon - I feel your pain, I have little tolerance for annyoingly stupid people.

to everyone else!

I have found a new favorite dish to eat. It's basically naked tacos. Ground sirloin, taco seasoning, lettuce, LF cheese, and a very small amount of LF sour cream. All mixed together (with the meat cooked of course). Not too bad. It tastes a heck of a lot like tacos. I think this is all allowed on P1 - any objections???
Old 03-25-2006, 08:18 PM   #18  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Well, didn't get my stove today. No one had what I wanted in stock and 2 week order time. DH & I have always thought "there is a reason and go on, don't get one yet for some reason or another" Sunday paper comes out tomorrow who knows what's on sale. Not disappointed, I'll get it. I almost got a new treadmill, still might get it tomorrow. I always get these used ones and they just don't last much longer. This is a new one. I am excited. I will almost have my whole little gym put together.
Didn't do too good on my smoking today. I didn't put a patch on, will tomorrow. It's a new day.
Well, it's been a long day shopping, so going to watch a little tv, read, and maybe early bed.
Check back tomorrow
Old 03-26-2006, 12:36 AM   #19  
Pirate

Sometimes the weekends feel more like weekdays. I am so beat! Anyway, O hope evryone is doing well. I just popped in quick before bed. I had a quick question..

Is the 99% fat free chicken breasts (skinless, boneless, white meat) on Phase I? I have some thawing for broiling tomorrow. It's good protien and I figured it'd be okay, but the Phase I food lists say nothing about Chicken breasts. Is it not allowed??
Old 03-26-2006, 06:46 AM   #20  

YIKES!! WHERE'S SPRING??? Thar's Frost on the Pumpkin this morn!!!! Brrrr

Geekchick: Yes, chick breasts are fine.. it's on the list but it's easy to miss
POULTRY (SKINLESS)
Cornish hen
Low-fat turkey sausage (3-6 grams of fat per 60 gram serving) can be eaten as an occasional treat (approximately once/week)
Turkey bacon (2 slices per day)
Turkey and chicken breast

Hope everybody has a wonderful Sunday! I'm heading out to the craftstore later today to pick up some wood window boxes and birdhouses.. I want to make some planters for the deck railing and decided not only on painting some, but doing some glass mosaic ones too. I was looking at the plastic planters and wrought iron ones.. the ones I like are way tooo expensive --so I think I'll just have fun making my own...and I saw some brightly colored birdhouses in a magazine that I think I can duplicate for a fraction of the cost too. It looks like a bird sancuary here! I've got tons of blue jays, cardinals, wood peckers , cat birds , morning doves and sparrows that have made our bird feeders their home! Cawfees A Brewin and Daylights a burnin!!!! Time to get on with the Day!!!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 07:07 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quiet, please! I was up until midnight last night - that's really late for me. However, the dinner theatre was a great success and everyone had a lot of fun.

I have Church at 8:30 and then will tackle my muddy kitchen floor. It's muddy paw season and I can wash the floor twice a day, if I like. This afternoon, I am going on a family outing to a sugar bush a few miles from here. There are lots of kidlets going so an extra grandma is needed. It looks like a gorgeous day is unfolding so it should be a ball! No, I will not eat pancakes - I seem to have lost my taste for them after many years of "flipping" at the Delta Maple Syrup Festival!

Schatzi, it may be frosty there but I know you have real spring. I still have a few patches of snow in the dog yard but the robins are hollering so I know it's coming here too!
Old 03-26-2006, 07:20 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/168/130

It is a beautiful spring morning here. I took 3 different pictures yesterday of one of our azalea bushes in full bloom. You can hardly see any green. I was taking them for everyone's benefit to encourage you that spring is on its way up, but I couldn't figure out how to get my file size small enough to upload it. Take my word for it, Spring has arrived in full force in south Georgia!
Old 03-26-2006, 07:56 AM   #23  

Mornin' all. The sun's out here this morning too. Looks like it's going to be a beeeeauuutiful day!

Schatzi - You asked about the recipes. Big thumbs up for the Crustless Cheesy Broccoli Quiche and the Crustless Pizza. Didn't care for the Orange Dreamsicle Shake though. I had just gotten everything prepped for making Chicken & Artichokes and Summer Squash Casserole last night, when some friends called and invited me out for dinner. I met them at 54th St. Bar & Grill, where I wasn't such a good girl Had some of their appetizer & a club sandwich w/ fries (but I only ate about 1/3 of those). Guess the good news is that I've got everything prepped for dinner tonight, so it will come together quickly.

Soon - Hope you didn't have any fallout from the incident yesterday. Makes me realize how important it is to have good neighbors. Sure sounds like that lady was messed up!

Hi to everyone else. Got church later on this morning and then more household chores. Happy Sunday!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:21 AM   #24  

Good morning gals!

I am beat this morning- trying to get this coffee in as fast as I can!

Ruth Sounds like a fun day for you. Enjoy all the Kidlets!

Schatzi I hope to develop a hankering for gardening one day. I don't know what the likelihood of that is though. My mom loves it- I guess that gene dind't head my way.

Jana French fries.... french fries.........

Not sure I have the energy to get us all ready for church this morning. Bad, I know! My parents are coming for dinner- Thursday is my mom's bday, so I am cooking for them. I am searching through my last two Cooking Light magazines for something yummy. We shall see what I come up with!

Have a super Sunday!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:34 AM   #25  
gotta lose it!

Morning....quick drive by...gotta get to work! I haven't seen the neighbor, so who knows. DF wants me to carry a baseball bat (WTF!?) If she's doped up a bat not doing to do a thing!
Have a great Sunday!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:41 AM   #26  

Sooooon Ima scared fer you Puleeeeze be extra careful!!! or move!!!!!!

Thanks Jana...think I'm gonna try that quiche this week
Old 03-26-2006, 09:45 AM   #27  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Morning chicks! This morning will be some shopping then the rest of the day will be spent on data analysis. I'm getting so burnt out on school! I want it to be over! I can make it to December though, times a flyin' this year. Give me a stressful job anyday over grad school. It's a whole different kind of mental, physical, and emotional stress. I was less stressed in my previous carear working 50 hours a week. Shheeesh! Ok, sorry just had to vent. I'm off to shop! Anyone need anything from the grocery store??
Old 03-26-2006, 10:50 AM   #28  
chick on the beach

S/C/G: 215/208/150

good morning girls
its sort of cool here but looks like it's going to be a good day it will be about 80 by the end of the week here ill be so glad when you live in the south the weather is so crazy well not alot plan for the day it will be a lazy one i gess ill curl up on the couch and watch movies and yell at my kids all day don't that sound fun ive walk about a mile on the tredmill do my sit ups and done my thighmaster today so i gess im doing good

want2be .......i live in south georgia were are u from
Old 03-26-2006, 10:57 AM   #29  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Hiya chicks!

I'm so proud of myself ( for me!!). Last night we went to dinner at this fabulous restaurant that serves homemade pasta. I resisted the homemade bread, kept myself to 2 glasses of wine and while I ordered some of the pasta I ate only about 1/3 of the serving and took the rest home to MIL so it's not sitting in my fridge tempting me.

This afternoon I'm going to do my meal plan for the week and see what I can get cooked up or prepped ahead of time to make the week smoother.

Have a great rest of the weekend all!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:48 PM   #30  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Cathy - congrats on your new stove you will have to share some of the yummy recipes you are going to come up with.

ruth - that is very sad about your friend. I always hate it when people who are doing important work and really good people have hard times or tragedies....just seems like they should be rewarded...

dee- I dont think I have seen your posts before, welcome I know this forum helped me a lot when I first started, and continues to be a blessing for support.

janaM - have fun on vaca Just got done with a mini vaca with my husband...back to work tomorrow though

kiko - yuck taxes, got mine done already thank goodness.

Everyone else, sorry ran out of time for this evening, gotta go as Sopranos and Greys Anatomy are calling...see you all tomorrow.
Closed Thread