South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 04:31 AM   #1  
RNMOM

Default Monday morning chat

Hello all, it's 0-dark-thirty and I'm doing a night shift in the ER, all's quiet on the Western front right now.

Had a pretty good weekend except one meal of eating out. Back on track today. I lost a total of 10.5 pounds doing phase 1 so it was worth it. Now to be disciplined for phase two.

My son gets to come home on leave in a few weeks so the whole family will be here, after he leaves he'll head for Iraq. It's going to be good to have him home for a week.

Horrid storm over the weekend, I'm ready for spring. Will all of you who are planting stuff send some warm weather my way????

Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-27-2006, 07:15 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good early morning, RNMOM. No planting going on around here as the ground is still frozen aside from the top two inches. The Girls had bones yesterday and tried to bury them so I know this stuff! Please don't look at my kitchen floor!

I had a good weekend as far as fun was concerned. The dinner theatre went well and yesterday's sugar bush excursion was just great! Little kids are just so enthusiastic! I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Somehow I got convinced to have pancakes with butter and syrup. The things we do to seem part of the group! My ticker is definitely lying this morning but it's too discouraging to change it.

This morning is just gorgeous! It sounds and looks like Spring although it's still only 28ºF. We should get into the mid 40's later and I plan to have morning coffee out on the deck this morning.

Token housework is on the schedule for this morning and I have my painting class this afternoon. I've not done a darn thing about painting this week so am feeling a bit guilty about going to class with nothing to show.

What's happening on your stretch of the Beach? Sit and chat a bit.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Smile Good morning fellow chicks

I've been MIA all weekend because I worked to 12 hour shifts in a row and was super busy in the NI. But I love my babies. I knew noone would see my postings and I was exhausted by the time I got home( I have and hour commute ). Anyway, stayed OP -phase 1 , even though our neo Dr. brings in yummy bagels on the weekend- I was strong and didn't have a single crumb. Start phase 2 today and am a little nervous about adding back my whole grain carbs, because this is the stage I failed at last time. I'm just going to try oatmeal at breakfast for a couple of days , hope it works. Anyway, got to get kids ready for school, TTFN.

RNMOM- How did you lose 10.5lbs on phase 1-Good for you

Ruth- I know what you mean about no planting, I was thinking yesterday was I did with tulip bulbs, but its to frozen here in our area to. Here's hoping for warm weather.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:08 AM   #4  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Moring all,
Everything is good in my part of the beach.
I got a new treadmill and my stove yesterday. Excited about that. Now if I could get my breathing under control it wouldn't be so hard to do it. (asthma).
Any whoooo the scale gave me a nice surprise this morning. It's a little scary sometimes (when it drops so fast), so, having the flu so bad I just don't know if it was worth it. Now to work at keeping it off.
Hope everyone has a great day. For me it's housecleaning, laundry, but, first have to pay some bills.
Cathy
Old 03-27-2006, 08:11 AM   #5  

Spring is in the air here in loverly Nerth Caroliner!!!

RNMOM:
10.5 pounds how flippin FABUUUU 4 UUUUU!!! U Go GIRL My "neice" will be coming home this week from Iraq. Her tour is suppose to be up in July/August. I won't get to see her - since home is in Pennsy -

Ruth Your weekend sounds like it was soooo much fun! Sigh, my kitchen floor and living room carpet are full of muddy puppy prints...I usually have them WAIT at the door as I wipe down their feetsies, but only helps soo far...

ScrappinRN: You Havem strong give yer self a pat on the back fer avoiding those bagels! and yes, add back one carb at a time...

Well all my plans went Kaput yesterday.. No shopping fer flower boxes... I ended up spending the whole day in the kitchen: cook, make a mess, clean up mess, cook,make mess, clean up mess I made my cheesy spinach stuffed Portabella mushrooms, 3 bean salad, balsamic greenbeans, and stuffed cabbage rolls.. so I'm stocked fer the week! And I'm proud to report that FINALLY my ticker aint lyin!!! Today I'm off to Curves, have some more resumes to get out.. and obligatory cleaning!

Have a great OP DAY my Poultry Pals!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:13 AM   #6  

Oooh Chipper!!!! Congrats on the Dreadmill and Stove!!!! What kind of stove is it????? lectric/gas/flat top??? I love new appliances !!!! I'm askin DH to drag my dreadmill up from the garage.. I useta love it!!! Now start rackin up those miles chipper
Old 03-27-2006, 08:20 AM   #7  
chick on the beach

S/C/G: 215/208/150

goodmorning everyone
sorry ladies it's still so cold you should move down south it will be 70 here today and by the end of the week almost 80 so spring is coming not much planned for today but a walk on the treedmill and do some house work ..what fun yay...ive lost almost 3 pounds seens thursday is that good well i gess i need to go cook up some eggs and take a walk i hope every body has a good OP day stay warm and happy to everyone
Old 03-27-2006, 08:23 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Monday Morning Ladies

Was busy yesterday so I didn't have a chance to post.Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Had company for the third weekend in the row,but the last one was unwelcomed. Its was EATTING VIPER that visited. I just snacked and snacked all weekend long,and this morning my weight is up. Will I ever learn????????????GRRRRRRRRR!!

Well!! today is the day I start fighting this battle of the bludge.Really I have been slacking in exercising and what I put in my mouth. TG my hubby has a schedule to arrive at the center and now I can plan my menus better.

Today the treatments start at 11AM and than for the rest of the week its 10:40 AM except for Wed. when I have to go foa mammogram early in the morning ,so DH appointment is delayed to 1:40 PM. I should fit my planned meals around those times.

Will post later hugs BB
Old 03-27-2006, 08:28 AM   #9  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Happy morning Chicks! The sun's shining and it looks like it's going to be a nice day on my little stretch of beach right here. I'm going to throw myself a little pity party, so please feel free to ignore this next part

I'm sick and I don't feel good. I have a huge head cold, I'm all stuffy and was up all night coughing up a lung....I just want to go home and veg on the couch but I have to be here at work and even if I went home there would be babies to take care of WAH!

Okay, pity party over with....on with the rest of the day.

RNMom - I don't think I ever said congrats on the new grandbaby!

Scrappin - good for you for resisting the bagels!

Chipper - Yeah! on the new stove and treadmill. Have fun with both of them

Schatzi - those mushrooms sound so good. They've been on my "want to make" list for awhile.

Ruth & Want - Have a great day!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #10  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone! I'm busy this morning, so this will be quick. We have inventory today at work & I'm making some food for the team....cupcakes, fruit pizza and taco salad. (Don't worry I plan on wearing a crest whiting strip when making the sweets!)
Have a great Monday!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:54 AM   #11  

Hi chickadees....I'm down 3.5 pounds since last week! I actually ate more than I usually do over the past week, especially more fruit. Maybe that helped? Plus, I switched up my workout routines, spending more time strengthening and dividing my cardio time between elliptical, Stairmaster and treadmill (I still hate the Stairmaster).

Tis the season for new appliances, I guess. My parents had to finally get a new furnace after a loooong time with very iffy water-heating capabilities. It's being delivered today. But it was a weekend without heat or hot water, which made me VERY glad to be back to my apartment last night.

I'm gearing up for a dinner out later on this week. My SBD dining guide is not hugely helpful on the subject of the Cheesecake Factory, which is where I'll be going (no nutritional facts are provided, but some meal suggestions are given). Any chicks eaten there in the past and might know what's OP? (Please say the cheesecake )

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:57 AM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Ladies,

Weighed in Yesterday, I lost 3 more lbs.... wooohooo.

Stll cold here, and snow still on the ground,,
Old 03-27-2006, 09:52 AM   #13  

Mornin' Ladies. Got a rainstorm last night, so looks like my plan of working in the yard this morning will have to wait for a little bit. Oh well - I've got lots of other stuff to occupy my day. I think we might be done with the hard freezes, so I'm going to plant lettuce in the planter I have on the deck.

RnMom, Want, Sun & MsCrockett - Congrats on the loss!!!!

Scrappin - Way to go on resisting the bagels. They are one of my weaknesses.

Chipper - Glad you finally got the stove. new kitchen toys!

Schatzi - Sorry you didn't get to have your fun yesterday, but at least you got to get most of the cooking for the week out of the way!

Beach - Don't beat yourself up too bad over snacking. With as much stress as you've been under, you've been holding up GREAT!!!!

Sun - I haven't been to Cheesecake Factory for a while, but I think they do have sugar-free cheesecake. Can't speak for how healthy their salads are though.

Ruth & Soon -
Old 03-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #14  

Morning, gals! I did get some exercise in this weekend. Brian and I got another resistance band and some hand weights (a set for me and a lighter pair for him) and we did some exercising between his practicing his presentation. He would rather exercise than practice! And it doesn't help that he has either a bad cold or really bad allergies right now so he's dealing with a bunch of drainage.

I'm very busy at work today and have something planned every night this week. Tonight is our Arrow of Light ceremony where our fifth graders move up to Boy Scouts. I'll be signing boys up for Twilight Camp so I have a lot of stuff to get ready first.

Dinner last night was good. I fixed a Braised Pork Tenderloin along with the Kale and Black bean recipe with rice and asparagus. I've got leftovers for lunch today. Yum! I love that Kale recipe. I think next time I might add a can of Rotel to it along with the diced tomatoes it already has. I think that might improve it even more.

Last edited by Barb0522; 03-27-2006 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:23 AM   #15  

Default Morning all...

just catching up on everyone's news and progress--new appliances, cold weather, etc. etc.

Even if we are having a cold spell here in Tampa (40's at night), I planted the front yard bed with begonias--my first gardening for the season

Mondays are also my official weight-in--down one lb. Hasn't been the greatest month for me--had visitors from out of town twice and heavy social calendar with lots of lunches and dinners out. So--I ended up gaining and losing the same 2 lbs twice One more week in March so need to keep OP for sure.

Just a suggestion when eating out--at Cheesecake Factory--or somewhere else--look for good salads and order dressing on the side--or look for grilled chicken sandwiches (or even a hamburger) and just eat the meat with no bun--that and a side salad makes a good lunch. Dinner tends to be a little easier. It's surprising how many restaurants will substitute all the carbs for a double order of their veggie of the day--or a small house salad. I eat out a lot and that's how I get thru most meals. Seems like the wine is my biggest downfall. Sorry--no cheesecake!

Take care all!
Closed Thread