South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/203/150

Default TOM and eating ?

Oh man...I hope someone can help me out.

It's that TOM for me and I am absolutley ravenous. I mean I am looking at my cat and thinking he'd make a pretty decent sandwich. I got mad at my son because he got to eat his oatmeal raisin cookie and I couldn't. I am CRAZED!

I've eaten pretty good so far. Ricotta crepes for breakfast. Celery and Lt Laughing Cow for Snack. 1/2 Ham and Cheese Sandwich for lunch. And Raw Veggies and hummus for aft. snack.

Help me someone!! What can I do?? I've had plenty of tea and water today as well.
rotten_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Milk and cottage cheese will help as will legumes. Pistachios? Remember "Nothing lasts forever ... even nothing!" so hang in there.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #3  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Ahhhh, TOM. My favorite. Sit in the corner and tremble with fury because other people who aren't dieting are allowed to have it, and you only want it because it's your TOM. That's what I do.

Just don't give in. Try to eat OP things that will fill you up. What Ruthie suggested will work.
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:57 PM   #4  
Mythical

S/C/G: 186/172/120

Keep filled up like the other ladies have said, and maybe you can add an incentive for yourself (other than the health benefits and weight loss...) Something non-food, like a new book or dvd or makeup or something. Maybe a little bribery (of yourself) will help you get through it

*remembers to take own advice next month*
LegendaryZelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/203/150

Thanks ladies...

I really forgotten all about this as I haven't had to deal with this in over a year and a half (pregnancy and post partum)!

I did pretty good eatingwise, but I caved in for some wine to soothe my sweet tooth. Oh well...tomorrow is another day
rotten_banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Hi, everyone - I am new to the site. I wish I could have responded to rotten_banana earlier.... I think that you aren't supposed to be hungry on this (if I understand correctly that this is SBD) and you could have had a hard boiled egg (cures my hunger), mozzerella cheese stick (my new fav) or sugar free jello!! Those would have been my ideas!!! What I miss most is my bowl of cereal at night but my saving grace is Diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper and mixed nuts!
Debbie0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Hi, everyone - I am new to the site. I wish I could have responded to rotten_banana earlier.... I think that you aren't supposed to be hungry on this (if I understand correctly that this is SBD) and you could have had a hard boiled egg (cures my hunger), mozzerella cheese stick (my new fav) or sugar free jello!! Those would have been my ideas!!! What I miss most is my bowl of cereal at night but my saving grace is Diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper and mixed nuts!
Debbie0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #8  

Cool Thank you Thank you Thank you

It's myTOM and it seem that I ate everything in sight yesterday. I'm on phase 2 and there I went. 100% whole wheat crackers and hummus, turkey Slald, Beef Soup, Legal oatmeal cookies and yes I got mad too b/c the kids ate most of them, I just could not be satisfied yesterday. Thank goodness for a new day. Feeling much better today. At times like that I just have to remember to keep it SBD 'legal' and don't worry about the rest. The book was written for human beings and boy was I human yesterday. Thanks so much for your post, I thought I was alone!

the other Ruthie
msruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #9  

It's been my TOm for the last 8 days! I'm late and I'm grouchy. (Not pregnant!) I've been eating pistachios because the shelling takes some time and the crunching satifies me. Give it a go!
sharonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:34 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by msruthie
, Legal oatmeal cookies the other Ruthie
OK...what are legal oatmeal cookies and I want some!!!!! )
Craftinmom is offline   Reply With Quote