Old 09-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default TOM and starving!!!!

Sorry if this is TMI, but does this happen to anyone else!? I know most women get the munchies during PMS for a day or two, but I can't seem to find any info on what happens during menstruation. First off i'm exhausted beyond belief. I couldn't even keep at an 8 min/mile pace on my run and gave up after 30 minutes because my legs feel like lead weights. It also seems like my stomach has not stopped growling at all today. My normal tricks of extra water (I drink a gallon a day) or a glass of milk won't even work, and i've been munching fruit and veggies but it doesn't feel substantial enough. I am *ravenous*. I had a wild salt craving and ate an entire jar of anchovies a minute ago and I just ordered that bacon and cheese pasta from pizza hut with a side order of hot buffalo wings. I don't even cook with salt! I hate salt normally, so wth? I suck so bad you guys... I feel so bad about this, but I never ever cheat and I don't think one night of gorging myself will kill me, will it? I'm just so hungry for some reason!

And no, I know what some of you are probably giggling about and there is NO possibility of pregnancy. My hubby has been gone for awhile and I don't think i'm a candidate for immaculate conception. I cuss too much.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #2  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

Of course it won't kill you

Seriously, if you are genuinely that hungry and you're usually not that hungry then perhaps your body needs the calories? So don't fret too much.

I'm PMSing right now and I feel like I could eat everything right now but since I'm actually physically hungry I let myself gorge a bit for a day or two.

It's no biggie if it's only a day, don't worry too much.
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

"I cuss too much"

I totally get what you're saying. I am also ravenous during TOM. However, my appetite disappears in the days after, so I've learned that it just balances out. And it's not just munchies with me either, but physical hunger. I have been experiencing this now so I made a big veggie soup in broth. It's very filling and I can eat lots of it. I also like popcorn, which can have a lot of calories, but it keeps the pangs away.

I do have to stay away from things like pasta and bread because I can gorge on them. Also, protein doesn't seem to do it's job either, so soup and popcorn it is
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to join the PMS club right now..I am starving!! and I'm trying so hard to stay within my calorie range. I'm traveling on business right now, and the hotel i'm staying at gave me two fresh chocolate chip cookies immediately upon check in- it's like they knew how to calm me..I only at one though, and I definitely had room for it today. I will not let this stupid TOM defeat me. I may just ***** at it:-)
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

When I have the TOM munchies, I love to have a huge late breakfast. I have a couple pieces of wheat toast, a one egg and yolk/two egg whites omelet with ff cheese, two or three slices of bacon, a bowl of fruit and a small cup of orange juice that I save for the last big swig -- anybody else do this with the orange juice? Anyways, I always feel better and oftentimes don't need to eat again until dinner because I will usually have an iced coffee at lunch. It is the only way I can get through the first couple days of TOM, and I never go over points on those days (WW).
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #6  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

That's where I'm at right now. I think I may just eat the couch! I've eaten my weight in (super salty, and I don't normally cook with salt either) popcorn tonight. Ok, maybe not... but a substantial amount! And I'm still craving salty stuff. I'm sure next week when TOM is actually here (I'm worse the week before, ugh), I'll be okay. I usually hold steady for weigh in during this time, but the next week is back to normal.

This time of month is soooo stressful for my boyfriend and my kids, I can't imagine how stressful it is for my body lol.
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #7  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Yup, uh huh... that's right. hormones, can't live with 'em.. even harder to be without 'em.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie99s View Post
That's where I'm at right now. I think I may just eat the couch! I've eaten my weight in (super salty, and I don't normally cook with salt either) popcorn tonight. Ok, maybe not... but a substantial amount! And I'm still craving salty stuff. I'm sure next week when TOM is actually here (I'm worse the week before, ugh), I'll be okay. I usually hold steady for weigh in during this time, but the next week is back to normal.

This time of month is soooo stressful for my boyfriend and my kids, I can't imagine how stressful it is for my body lol.
LoL! Well normally I would just skip the sugar pills in my pack and avoid turning into The Hulk altogether, but i've found that taking my birth control that way causes my body to hang onto every pound for dear life, while somehow magically after my TOM it's like my metabolism is kicked into high gear and I usually drop more weight that week after then I do any other time.

I ended up ordering the pasta and chicken wings and then barely ate any of it! I had half a breadstick, measured out half a cup of the pasta, and had two buffalo wings. I ate some of it and I was good. I gave the rest to the apartment full of stupid dudes next door to me. I saw them eating steaks off of newspaper on Labor Day and figured they were probably hungry.

Now i've gotta get outside for my run while it's nice! It's 60 degrees this morning with not even the lightest breeze so i'm going to do sprints up and down that steep hill at the park. I'm hoping the memories this smiley brings back are enough to motivate me to wear myself out.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #9  
Cynicism and Smilies

S/C/G: 245/237/145

Well, ****, if thats all you ended up eating, then more power to you! Not only did you eat responsibly, you're now out running ^^ Hot damn.
flabbyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker!/150

Height: 5'5"

Nish - You mentioned you were super tired. I used to be exhausted during my TOM back in high school to the point I could barely get out of bed. I later learned it was because I didn't eat red meat and my iron level was dropping like mad because, well, your blood contains iron and what do you lose a ton of during TOM? Makes sense...right? So, while I eat red meat more than I did then, I still don't eat it often, but I do always give in to my carnivoracity and get a burger.

BUT if you want to skip the beef, fresh spinach (and other very dark green leafy veggies) is a great source of iron, and there are also iron suppliments. Just make sure you eat lots of fiber with it...if you know what I mean!

I guarantee this will help keep you going when TOM decides to visit.
heidelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I am a bottomless pit during TOM, which happens to be now as well. I try to fill that put with fruits and veggies instead of fatty foods, but sometimes, I just give in to a small portion, otherwise I will binge on the bad for me stuff...
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

oh dear i thought it was only me ...lol.......I'm PMSing this week too and I also went up two lbs this morning from yesterday morning..insane..praying it's water retention.....I feel like I am starving as well and just want to eat until I cannot eat any longer....today I was baking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies at work ( the kitchen cook is off and I work in a daycare)..and i said.."frig it..instead of that high fibre granola bar I am eating two small cookies" I probably shouldn't have but oh well!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote