South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 09:40 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schatzi, I keep getting a whiff of something strange, wonder what it could be? LOL! I need to make a hair apptm. soon, too. My roots are starting to show and the gray hair is trying to take over! There's a new salon-spa that just opened nearby, and they are having specials right now. I think I may give them a try.

Beach bum, I was rooting for the Blue Team this time,too. The other team just seemed like they weren't trying hard enough, except for the father. That show always gets me motivated to work harder, too bad it doesn't come on every day!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:56 AM   #17  

Morning, gals! I got ready to post earlier and then we had an outage at work and I had to deal with that. Oh, well, it is work that pays the bills and my customers are happier now that the website is working again.

I bumped up the intensity of my workout and it felt great. I can't make the resistance too high or my left knee complains but last night worked out good and I managed to squeeze in 45 min. We had leftover sloppy joes for dinner (the recipe makes enough for two dinners and some lunches) so I paired that with 3 bean salad and deviled eggs. I added in grapes for Brian since he won't eat too much of the 3 bean salad. Fast, easy and yummy!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #18  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Morning chicks! I have some great news this morning...I GOT INTO LAW SCHOOL!!! OK, can you tell I'm excited? My first acceptance came yesterday via a surprise phone call from the dean of admissions. This is not my top school, but pretty close - I like the location and the coursework they offer. I am thrilled because I've been so anxious to hear something. I am definitely going to be celebrating this weekend!

Mamacita ~ That is a wonderful thing you are doing for your friend. I'm so sorry t o hear about everything she's gone through.

Soon ~ I'm glad that you had a successful open house! The H.A.M. sandwich thing is pretty funny...

Pearshape ~ Toffee tea? I'm intrigued. I'm a BIG tea drinker, so am always on the lookout for interesting new flavors. (Although chai is definitely my favorite )

Heather ~ Congrats on the loss!!!

beachbum ~ Yes, I saw Biggest Loser! I was so happy that the blue team won. I liked both teams, but I was definitely rooting for blue. They seemed to work together so well and were just such inspiring people.

Schatzi ~ at running on natural gas!!! I hope you have fun getting your hair done today!

Barb ~ Glad to hear that your workouts are going well!

Marianna, Ruth, cottage, stephie ~ Hi! I hope you have a great day on the beach!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #19  

Chocolate Caramel Enchantment tea from CS is the hotness for tea drinkers. Very desserty. But, I also love the Kalahari Peppermint Red tea -- apparently has more antioxidants than green tea, according to the box. Any kind of minty tea has always been my favorite. Rarely any caffeine or need for sweetener.

Whole Paycheck -- I can't remember who said, but I laughed my head off. I stick to Roche Bros. (having worked there 8 years in H.S. and college), but they are very local to Mass.

Have a lovely day, everyone. I'm trying to figure out how to eat more in a day. I stuffed myself yesterday and only ate less than 900 calories, according to FitDay. Is that site accurate? After a feast of turkey, turnips and cabbage for dinner, I couldn't have shoved in one more bite, even if it was only wafer-thin.

Considering I burned 400 calories exercising yesterday, I'm wondering how I could have possibly stalled in weight loss. My body must know it's not starving.

A final question: Do turnips mash? I tried, but they only changed shape a bit. How about home-fried turnips? I'm sensing these could be a replacement for potatoes.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #20  
Who needs sleep?

Morning chickies!

Mamacita - ouch! I hope your friend is doing okay! Sending some :

pear - yes, Bob's is a relatively local (Oregon) brand, so I use their products a lot. Expensive but good.

texasheathers - those nuts can be real diet killers! Lucky for me, I don't like most nuts - only pb and pistachios - and I often forget I have pistachios, so I'm not prone to overdoing it.

christina - congrats!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #21  
Who needs sleep?

sunlit - turnips do mash quite well - in Scotland mashed turnips are called "neeps" (as in "neeps and tatties"). Peel the turnips (cut them into chunks to cook faster) and boil until tender (maybe 30-45 minutes for quartered large turnips). Rinse and drain them, then mash them up with a fork. Blend in some hot milk and some butter/spread to desired consistancy, and add salt & pepper to taste.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:42 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Default Break down

Mornin' ladies,

Man last night was crazy! I was in the grocery store and it was right after work so really crowded and I just kinda went nuts. Felt like buying chips that I don't even LIKE! Got over to my BF's house and brok down sobbing in his arms for no reason. Not freaking out cause I'm sure it's due to the fact that I I got my TOM 2 weeks early, the fact that losing fat is kind of like losing a good friend, the fact that I'm doing better on this diet than I EVER have with any diet and I've been wanting to lose all my life... it's a little scary... so I just gotta smile and love myself and move on... feeling a lot better today and I'm lucky that I have a BF that loves me and holds me and doesn't think I'm crazy when I break down for no reason...

Got up and did 60 mins on the eliptical this morning which was TOUGH for me but 800 calories!

Man it's nice and sunny today (which I guess means that the Groundhog saw his shadow)... I've never understood that cause you would think if the groundhog SAW his shadow then that would mean spring was coming? We haven't had a winter here in Texas so some cold weather would be welcome as far as I'm concerned!

Later gators,

Sarah
Old 02-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #23  
Kyemom

morning girls!! Congrats Christina..That is great!! I am waiting for my letter from nursing school. I was pretty good last night at my dinner out, except the cheese was prob not RF, but it was sooo good!!! I am in meetings most of the day today, and getting ready to go fix my lunch..a wrap again!! Have a great day!!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #24  

CK - contrats on getting into Law School - what an accomplishment!!

Everyone that is doing great on their weight loss - hooray for you!!!

All you exercise freaks - you guys are motivating me to try to step up my workout too!

Soon - too cool about your Avon open house!! Weird about the stinky stranger.

Later y'all! I'm off to put the baby down for a nap and then to Spin SPIN SPIN.

Heather
Old 02-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #25  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Crk-- congrats! Actually, I'm currently working for the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) and I always find it amazing how much goes into getting into Law School. Lately I've been getting the urge to become a human rights lawyer, but I think this is only temporary bc of all the stuff I have to read all day :-)

sarah-- Yay for snazzy boyfriends! Luckily my bf is cool about me breaking down, too. I swear at times he must think I'm a looney, but if he does think so then he's really good at not showing it!

Today's been pretty quiet for me, work-wise. I've been getting pretty discouraged about the whole grad school thing lately. I've been talking to so many people lately; but no matter where I look for information or who I talk to, I never seem to be able to get the information I need! I'm beginning to think that all these college admission people are in cahoots with each other, conspiring against me and trying to make me go crazy by constantly contradicting each other. Either that, or I'm just getting rampantly paranoid. I choose to believe the former.

In other news, Smokey (my 3 month-old kitten) is officially nuts. This morning, after harrassing my other two cats, he proceeded to run head-first into the open door. Bewildered, he sat up after a moment, indignantly stomped over to the door, hissed and smacked it with his paw! Can you believe the door had the effrontery to attack him!?!?!

so anyways, I hope all of your days are going well... or as well as they can be expected to go (sorry about your friend, mamacita)
Old 02-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #26  
beachbum

Back again

Schazti- Bean will do that, take it easy on the fiber if your not used to it.Have fun at the beauty palor.

Soon-Goodluck on your bit with your friend,and big congrats for the additional $100. you did great.

Cottage-I agree, we need a show like that every day to say motovated.

Christina- Big Congrats on getting into law school.What kind of law are you going in for????????? Need more then the show to get back onto track sometimes.

Sunlit-Where do you get these dessert teas like Chocolate Caramel Enchantment tea from CS. Love herbal teas,what company is CS.???
Why can't you use turnips I make turnips fries all the time??????? I LOVE to make mashed trunips also.Is there something new on the allowed list of Phase 2?????????

Hi Sarah,Kyemom & TexasHeather,Nicole

Hugs BB
Old 02-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #27  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hooray for the Blue Team from Peoria, IL! They rocked! It said at the end that they've added healthy options to their menu, so maybe Molly and I SHOULD go to Peoria to see how they're doing.

I just finished the last of my crockpot chili and I'm working on a yogurt. Wow, I'm ready for this day to be over. We have kick boxing tonight, so I'm excited about that, but I'm so ready for this weekend to get here.

Just a quick post.... have a lot to do today. Hope you all are doing fine!

Lisa
Old 02-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #28  
Who needs sleep?

bb - CS = Celestial Seasonings
Old 02-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 218/203/150

Hi ladies...late checking in. Met with my trainer this morning - WHOO! My arms and legs are on FIRE! Feels good though to know I got in a good workout the proper way )something I haven't done in a long time).

I was going to make Tandoori chicken for dinner tonight, but one whiff of the chicken said NO WAY, so we are going out for dinner. Chicken Ceaser or Antipasto Salad sounds mighty nice to me about now.

Mariana - Hey there!

Mamacita - So sorry to hear that! Hope the stress eases up on you!

Pearshape - I love Bob! Just got a box of the buckwheat pancake mix.

Texasheathers - How old are your boys? Mine are 3 and 8mos.

Ruth - I LOVE book clubs. I wish there was one around me that I could participate in. BTW - wine and popcorn...that's just horrible!

Cottage - 6 more weeks of winter and I betcha it's going to be brutal

Stephie - Do you have a 7-11 or convience store? Go there and get one of their MEGA SUPER fountain drink cups with straw. Fill it up and chug away. I find I drink more if it's out of a straw and ice cold.

beach - Blue team rocked it - it was inspirational!

Schatzi - please don't remind me about MY gray hairs - only 5 lbs to go until my salon treat

soon2be- congrats on the open house!

Barb - deviled egg recipe please?

christina - OMG WAYTO GO!!!! Good luck girl!

SunLit - you might want to consider weighing your food to make sure you're getting accurate portion sizes if that scale isn't moving

Sarah - we all have those kinds of days. hope you feel better.

Heather, kyemom, nicole,weezle
Old 02-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #30  

Here is the deviled egg recipe that I use: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...48#post1114848

I've even taught Brian to help peel the eggs since he loves to eat them so much.
Closed Thread