South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 10:09 AM   #16  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Hi, everyone seems to not have a lot to say today. I'm glad it's not Monday anymore.

Last night, we skipped out on our Body Power class so tonight I'm really gonna push it at my step class. I had taco bake again last night. Yum-Yum and so filling & we have LEFTOVERS! Easy lunch for today. I love it but it does do weird things to me & DH's bathroom visits.

DH starts his new job today & today is my boss's last day. I get the feeling that a lady that got hired the same time as me might become our dept's manager - OH JOY! She's a lot older & has had some mgmnt experience. I hope to God that doesn't happen. It makes me nervous.

Did I tell you about my new Egg & Muffin toaster? It is great & it makes a poached egg, toast or a muffin (whole grain mind you!), & heats your meat (LF) ALL AT THE SAME TIME. It really saves me a ton of time in the morning. It's made by Back to Basics if you've never heard of it before. Here's the link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...A90546%3A90774.

Freaky: Wow you're an earlybird today! I hear what you're saying but there is one thing my track coach once told me: Your muscles remember being fit and getting your muscles back into shape is easier the second time so keep up all that exercise!

RuthXXX: Burr! We're having the warmest January ever in good 'ole Nebraska. Today's high is gonna be 50! I feel for you!

Kiko, Kyemom, Batmom, Rotten, KO, 2B: Good morning!

Pearshape: You're silly!

Cottage: Good job, yesterday! Keep it up!

Focused: Have you noticed a difference in the way you're clothes fit?

Talk to ya'll later!
Old 01-31-2006, 10:10 AM   #17  
South Beach Goddess

Good luck Gracegirl!
Old 01-31-2006, 10:48 AM   #18  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone....my knee is feeling a little better. There's a little swelling & I sometime walk with a slight limp. I'm going to go to work today. I felt guilty yesterday...my boss was less than thrilled about my call off. I have a brace for some extra support, so hopefully that will help. I also have tomorrow off, so that will help too (I hope!)
I went to the grocery store today....$173 later... I bought a ton of stuff because I have no desire to go out after today. Folks are starting to trickle in for the SuperBowl & I don't want to go out & fight the traffic - going to work is bad enough!
Well I still have groceries to put away.....everyone have a great day!!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:11 PM   #19  

Hey there Chickies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ISP Up down up down... kinda like my weight
Soon: so glad yer knee is feeling better..
Demeter: That is a fantastic gadget..I'ver never heard of such a thang
:Welcome3: Graciegirl!
Turtle Trollop- I bought some SF choco syrup .It wasn't hershey and it tasted horrid..so I pitched it.

Ok FORGET IT !!! It's a good thing I copied the above into WORD... cuz my puter went down fer a 2nd time! GRRRRRRRRR

So a Big to all you Bodacious Broads!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Default Hello Phase 2!

Good morning ladies,

I'm a little nervous about starting phase 2 too. Just REALLY want to try to maintain a 2 pound a week loss... thinking if I can stay around 1200 and still exercise then I should be good? Just those 2 last pounds before VDay which seems like a totally do-able goal...

I bought these South Beach Cereal bars (peanut butter) like 2 weeks ago and I'm FINALLY getting to open the package... had one for breakfast and it tasted SO SWEET but really delicious... looking forward to more fiber in my diet (anyone else have issues with regularity? Sorry if that's too much information)... probably just gonna add a bar a day back this week, and then maybe some brown rice next week? But definitely looking forward to being able to have a couple of glasses of wine this weekend...

Feeling GREAT this morning and good about my diet... hope everyone has a great day!

Thanks,

Sarah
Old 01-31-2006, 01:34 PM   #21  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. Our finances have gotten even worse, and I don't know what we're going to do. I love my DH, but he's very selfish and there's no convincing him of that. He has $2000+ saved up for something that he wants, but I'm not on that account, and he won't spend a dime of it for anything, even if it means keeping us afloat. However, I don't have my own savings account, just what is in "our" savings. We're going to owe out the wazoo for taxes because he didn't change his marital status at work (and he got a big settlement from a law suit) and our savings that would normally pay for that is gone because he racked up a huge credit card bill.

On top of all that, if I could financially do it, I would walk out of my job today and never come back. I'm tired of people telling me how to do my job, that they need something before what someone else needs (even though that someone else asked me to do something first,) and treating me like I'm ignorant.

I have kick boxing tonight, so I hope I'll be able to take out some aggression because I seriously have been borderline nervous breakdown today. I'm telling myself that cigarettes and a log of chocolate chip cookie dough will just make me unhappier, in the end, but part of me doesn't want to believe it.

For those who pray, please pray that I find a job that will make me happier and pay me more, because that would just wipe out all the problems I have right now. Oh, and pray for skinnyness. Doesn't hurt, right? Thanks for letting me vent, chickies. I just feel like I'm walking on a tight rope of sanity, and I keep teetering like I'm going to fall off, but I'm just barely hanging on with one toe.

Lisa
Old 01-31-2006, 01:45 PM   #22  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

Weezle maybe you ought to try some of that kickboxing out on him, doesn he just not "get it" yet? my dh was like that for a while, he doesn't spend often but when he spends hemakes it count and he just couldn't see why I got to tell him what to do. Well I balance the books and pay all the bills, that's why.

Does he see what's happening to your finances? maybe sit him down and explain how x comes in and x+$$$$ goes out and just ask him how it's supposed to work

the one positive thing I can tell you is that any cash settlement from a lawsuit is tax-free. Learned that in my 1 year of law school. And also him not changing his marital status shouldn't hurt you too bad. I assume he's listed as single not married. Then they should be taking out more than they would if he also claimed you, so you might actually get ahead. I just recently found out that dh was claiming 1 when he could be claiming 7! Now we may not get as much back at the end of the year but our take home checks are substantially bigger.

And that nasty cookie dough is lying if it tells you it'll make you feel better, same for the dirty cigarette, it's all lies baby!!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:23 PM   #23  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

I was busy this morning with all kinds of things. Can't stay long now either. Will post tomorrow. Hugs BB
Old 01-31-2006, 03:23 PM   #24  
South Beach Goddess

Right on sister chick Batmom! Ditto!

Weezle - Prayer said. At least you have kickboxing. Be thankful for that!
If you let in to the cig then "they've" won and I want you to be the one who wins!

P.S. I'm doing a mental "*****-slap" to all those freaks at your work who piss you off.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:49 PM   #25  

I'm new here. and I'm looking for all the encouragement I can get. I am going from Adkins to SB. Help I need it...
Old 01-31-2006, 07:54 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

I'm so sorry Weezle but you sound like a strong girl who will prevail in the end. Here's hoping something goes your way today!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:01 PM   #27  
Live, Laugh, Love

well, no smokie and no cookie dough and 60 minutes of kick boxing later.....

I'm hungry. Still nervous about the finances, but feel a bit better. Thanks for your support chicklets. You all are what I need.
Closed Thread