South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 06:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Tuesday's Two Cents

Morning Ladies,

I haven't had time to post lately but I always try to keep up with the chatter. Just finished the last workout for the month. I had a rough weekend as I see a lot of others did too. It was fun but I went so far off plan that I can only try to be proud of myself for getting back on plan as of yesterday. Like somebody said yesterday - thank goodness a fresh week starts every Monday. I haven't been on the scale since Friday and I will wait a few more days to see the damage that was done.

I can't believe that February starts in one more day!!! I hope everyone has a great day at the beach
Old 01-31-2006, 06:29 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beautiful Freaky. Did I ever mention that I love the haircut?

I've been awake since three when the Girls decided to have a barking contest with the neighbourhood dogs. The road crews were salting and sanding the roads so the village canine protection agency had to make a huge warning noise.

Yesterday was a higher salt day - in my tummy not on the roads! - and my ticker is lying this morning. Isn't it nuts that you can gain two or three pounds ovenight and take three days to lose it! Water, water, water today!

If the roads are OK, I plan to go to town today to pick up the rest of my wallpaper and some storage totes for my never-ending cellar organization task. I sure don't need any more veggies as I am loaded up! I need to eat them faster or I'll be making compost.

So what are you planning for today?
Old 01-31-2006, 06:46 AM   #3  

Good morning Freaky and Ruth!

Quick post before I wake up DD for her bottle. Busy day with work and meetings for me- UGH!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic, OP day! We deserve it.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:00 AM   #4  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' chicks. yesterday was a good day. I ended up at 1500 calories. 50 over what I was shooting for but that's ok. I think the glass of wine tipped me over but it was worth it. You gals are going to think I'm a lush ! I really just have one glass of wine a night......swear . I'm going to be know as the rat lady or the booze lady...great...my mother will be so proud .

Tonight I have my late class so luckily suppers ready to be put into the toaster oven when I get home. All I'll have to do is throw in some cabbage and cauliflower to roast with the chicken spinach casserole tonight. Last night I made chicken, butternut squash, and white bean stew. Yummy. That's also my lunch for today.

All you chicks have a great day! No rollin' off the beach!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:01 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies...its official...I completed my first week on Phase 2 and the scale didn't budge. I experimented a lot. Tried, fruit, whole wheat bread, different times of day...so now what? Phase 1.5? I am also PMSy so maybe holding onto this weight is unrelated to the diet. Patience is not my strong suit. I am working out like crazy, and would like to see the numbers go down! (who wouldn't?)

My self talk is....you are in this for the long haul...short term setbacks are to be ignored...you feel better, and eventually will look better too.

Happy last day of January. Lets congratulate ourselves on starting the year with goals, a plan, and all this support!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Thanks so much Ruth!!!

Oh Noooooo...I gave in to the urge to check the weight since the very bad eating weekend. I am 4 pounds up from the ticker!!!! It's just so sad how fast I gain weight with just two days of no exercise and poor eating (what most people would consider normal - lol). It is real weight too because my stomach is bigger and my clothes are tighter. Amd I'm not PMSing or anything. This is why I have such trouble staying with healthy eating. A couple days off plan and I set back for two weeks!!! Gonna try not to let it depress me today but it probably will and it's a "snack day" at work because one of the staff is leaving and everyone brings in terrible stuff (YUMMY) and it is within sight of my desk - oh give me strength!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Not much time to chat this morning--
Yesterday was good, I managed to stay OP all day. Made a yummy baked apple for my dessert last night with a drizzle of SF Vanilla Syrup, 1 T. peanut butter, and topped it with FF Cool Whip. It tasted like heaven and am looking forward to another one tonight!

Ruth ~ We seem to have the same problem eating all the veggies we buy before they go bad! I had to throw out some spinach and zucchini yesterday.

Freaky ~ I hear you loud and clear!

Focused ~ Hang in there, it will happen. Your body's just making adjustments.

Soon ~ Hope your knee is better today!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Hi, Pearsy! I missed your post! Sounds like you have your meals all planned out for the day already, they sound yummy, too!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:07 AM   #9  
Kyemom

Morning girls!! Busy day today, so just wanted to pop in and say Hi!!! I am trying really hard to stay OP, even though I am stressed to the max!!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:14 AM   #10  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

good luck at "snack" day Freaky!! I'm sure you'll drop those 4 in no time.

go focused! Februaury will be your month

Ruth-3am??!! jeez I'm lucky to be up this early

Cottage-sounds like you packed a bit of everything in that dessert, sounds strange to me but that doesn't mean I won't give it a try, lol

I'm PMSing and on my first week of phase 2, I have no idea what to expect so as long as the scale doesn't go haywire I guess I'm doing ok. Almost bought a giant bag of peanut m&m yesterday(they were on SALE) but I talked myself down...
Old 01-31-2006, 09:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 218/203/150

Morning ladies

Just getting one son off to school and hubby to work. I am looking forward to my Yoga class this morning (sooo relaxing even though it's hard work)

Like all of you I stuggle staying OP especially when I cook fabulous stuff for DH and DS. I usually take a little nibble to sate my psychological cravings for "stuff I can't have" and move on.

Have a great day all and don't beat yourself up too much, it's not worth it - just get back up on that horse. You can do it!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:38 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, it's raining and freezing on the road so I guess I'll stick "to home" this morning. Right now I feel like it's time for my afternoon nap! I guess I'll grab another coffee and see if The Girls have anything to chat about.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:42 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
My Beach towel washed out to sea this weekend but it's back and Doing a ph 1.5/2 b/c TOM leaves me wiped out and I need all the energy i can get (working from home today)
soon how is your knee?
Lisa ( i always want to call you Leezle ) Yay on the 10! Men have no understanding of budget at all! canned is not so bad remember canned tomatoes have 3 times the lycopene of fresh it will be ok! <hug>
Ruth what is your wallpaper like
Freaky I call those the phantom 4 they come and go and no one knows what happens to them!
Morning Kiko!
Pear you'll be the rat lady I'll be the Turtle Trollop!
Morning Cottage that sounds DIVINE!
Morning Kye I think the 2 of us could power a small town with our stress!
Morning Battmom I'm menstrual Mary and All I want is chocolate! i feel your pain
Speaking of Chocolate There used to be a splenda chocolate syrup it had the texture of hersheys does anyoen know if it's still around
bbl
Kierie
Old 01-31-2006, 09:46 AM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning Chicks

Ruth~~Why is it the older we get the more sodium sensative we get??? Water is on my list today, too.

Weezel~~I'm so proud of you!! You are doing GREAT

Batmom~~ Good for you on resisting those dreaded &

Focused is right~~We should be proud that we are working on a healthier us. Hang in there, chicks. We can do this.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:06 AM   #15  

Hi Ladies,
I'm here to say I've been reallllllly sloppy but am committed to stay on my plan today.
Thanks for all your support!
Closed Thread