South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #31  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Default Mornin

Good morning Chickies!

Ph1Day1 out of the way for me. This is my first go with the SB diet and let me tell you it is so strange to be dieting yet completely not hungry. I would not have believed it was possible in a million years. I am off to a pretty good start today

B: 2 egg scrambled eggs with 1% milk and Lowfat Cheddar Cheese
Small glass of vegetable juice

I am planning on fitting in some treadmill time when my show comes on at noon, and then going to the gym this evening with the DH. He is cardio challenged (got to love him though) and wants to do 30 minutes of cardio 2 times a week. I am hoping to get a decent workout in between the treadmill session and going with him.

Ottoette - No Smoking! Good for you chick! And down a lb is great as well sounds like you are off to an awesome start, don't lose that momentum.

Gryffgirl - I thought I remembered seeing that in the cookbook "dropped asparagus seasoned ala floor' j/k That is a bummer.

Barb0522 - I hope your son gets to feeling better. My DH is sick as a dog right now. Do you know if he can have Nyquil oN SB?

Wenchy - Good luck with the board, knock em dead

zombiemommie - Welcome! You know you are way ahead of the game by taking the initiative to get back on the plan without having to have a bigger reason hanging over your head. It sounds to me like you will be very successful if you just stick to it.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good mornin' Ya'll

I've been so busy this morning at work, but I wanted to come see how everybody is doing.....man there are alot of us on this morning.

Sorry I don't have time to say hey individually, so HEY to everybody

This weekend was pretty good, I did get a bit too drunk Sat night. But no hangover for me,

I was a bit bored yesterday, ready to go back to work, if you can believe it. Then in the afternoon we had some excitement. We had 2 tornadoes go through town!!! Quite a bit of damage from what I hear, I went the back way to work just incase they still had the roads closed. The high school was hit, and schools out today due to no electricity. My son's girlfriend is a senior this year, so we were a bit concerned about her. The storm came 20 min before they let school out, so I was glad she wasn't on the road. This crazy weather, it's definitely the wrong time of year for tornadoes. We hit a record high yesterday almost 70 and they say that's what brought them around?

Well I do need to get back to work, everybody have a great day!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Morning all! I'm not new to the beach but new to this board. I am looking forward to being back on SB again - I just feel better when on it.
Gained 2 lbs. over the holidays and hope to lose at least 5 or 6 this first month back.
Walked 2-3 miles last night and will cross train today by either using my glider, doing Pilates or maybe a little of both.
Best of luck to everybody in the New Year!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:27 PM   #34  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Running in to say hi on my lunch break...

It's my first day back at school since the holidays and there is a LOT to catch up on! I'm getting ready for a big presentation and tying up the loose ends on a project I've been doing. I hope all of you are having a great day so far! to everyone who's knew and to those of you starting out on the beach this week! Talk to you all later!

Running out...
Old 01-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #35  
RNMOM

Default Hello

Wow, what a chatty group we are today...............have you ever been inside a chicken coop???? Well, that's what we sound like right now!

We're enjoying snow, slick roads and ice right now. Pretty cold outside.

I'm on day 3 of phase 1 and hit was with headaches yesterday, felt pretty miserable. I know it's from the sugar detox, but yowza. I'll increase my water today and see if I can't float the sugar out and hurry this detox thing along.

It's nice doing this with my hubby, makes it easier to stay on track. Will put on my yaktrax and head outside this morning to get some aerobic stuff in.

Ruth, glad Romano is going to gracing us with his presence again............sigh, give frequent updates....K?

Everyone .......congrats for making it through day 1, 2 or 3 of phase 1 and day 1, 2, or 3 of no smoking, for cutting back on diet coke, for exercising more and drinking more H2O!

Have a great day!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #36  

Stephie - I'm not sure about the Nyquil since we don't use it. Check the ingredients for sugars. If there aren't any, then it is probably okay. My son is feeling fine today. No fever and his stomach is good. I would say his problem was caused by the chocolate expresso beans. What was my husband thinking to give them to an 8 year old? I probably could have sent him to school but at least his teacher emailed me his spelling words so he can get his homework done and work on studying them.

Tammy - Tornadoes scare me! Good think you are all safe.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #37  
beachbum

Thanks Schazti for the pep talk,I'm back on track.

Welcome back Wenchy Sending :BIG GOOD VIBES: your way. for beiing accepted by the appeal board & on Phase 1.

And to all the newbies Welcome,and sending all of us good luck and wishes that we'll reach goal this year.

Hugs BB
Old 01-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #38  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's just early afternoon and we now have 38 posts! The joint is jumpin'!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #39  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
It's just early afternoon and we now have 38 posts! The joint is jumpin'!
And all you had to do was mention a hunky man
Old 01-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #40  
Kyemom

Soon2B- Is that an engagement ring on your skinny little finger???
Old 01-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #41  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Hi all new Beachers Resident Beachers and WB Wenchy and Kye
I'm home today seeing if i can stand a day with no antiinflammatories and pain meds with my sprained neck (see what happens when I have time off?)
DH and I are doing more of a ph 2
My new Mantra is Only eat until you are Comfortable LISTEN TO YOU STOMACH! is there an ear smiley
I started to make the sausage egg muffins except I couldnt find muffin tins! whifch i found today of course So I made a sausage and onion quiche like thing with South west egg beaters ofcourse i forgot the mushrooms and the cheese but it was still gooood and made 10 slices at I think 100 cal per slice (cheese who needs cheese )
Snack was grape nuts trail mix crunch with milky and I'm about to grab lunch as its almost 3
I'll try to bbl
PS Ruth was it just my imagination or did Romano have a nice derriere?
Kierie
Old 01-03-2006, 02:57 PM   #42  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

OK I've been out of the loop too long. Who the heck is Romano???
Old 01-03-2006, 03:35 PM   #43  
Ready!!!

Boy did everyone have a visit to the sand...........I think i got a bit burned under the lights???? now looking for something for supper....love
Tazcat
Old 01-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #44  
RNMOM

Default Hi again

Wow, Ruth this place is a jumping. I agree with Leenie, mentioning Ramano was a great idea. KO asked if he has a nice derriere........well, even if he doesn't let us PLEASE believe he does.

Went for a run today, wow what a slushy up past my ankles mess. I've also been away for a bit too long on the exercise circuit and it was a killer but I forced myself to keep at it, I'll be sore but it serves me right.
I had crab legs and salad for lunch with SF jello.

I have a question, what's the consensus on SF pudding? That saves me some days but I haven't seen people here eating that. Ideas????

Well, gotta run!

Hugs to all!
Old 01-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #45  

SF pudding is fine for phase 2 but has starches in it that prevent it from being allowed in phase 1.
Closed Thread