South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #16  

I'm in the Dallas area too and we've been having some sleet off and on for awile. I'm working from home today due to the weather and waiting to see if it will be safe to make it to mass and the church potluck tonight. I have chili in the crockpot in case we can go. If not, then we'll have chili for dinner and I'll have more leftovers.

I went to the doctor this morning. Turns out when it was 89 on Saturday and I trimmed the hedges, I got into the poison ivy! I got a cortisone shot and a prescription antihistamine for the itching. Yuck!

Shopping yesterday went well. I got the Nintendo DS games for my son and also got him a heavy jacket. I'm sure he's glad he's got it today. It may have started in the 40's today but it's already a wind chill in the teens and is going to be really cold tonight.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:19 PM   #17  

Hi all,

Well, my day was pretty good. People think working in a yarn store is brilliant. So did I, untill I bought one. The rude old ladies who shout and yell at you for not having the wool they want in. The crazies who want patterns that don't exist. The paperwork, oh God the PAPERWORK! Plus wool is bl**dy expensive stuff, and I'm getting invoices through for 2-300 quid ($400-$500) which make me cry! But it's all for fluffy wool which is all the rage over here right now for scarves, so it's shifting as fast as I get it in, which is good.

It's not too cold here today (north east of England). Nippy but not brass monkeys. My Beaching is going well, had Ginger & Spring Onion fish tonight, and it was yummy. Spotted a 500 low carb reciepe book at the library, but didn't have my card. Got home and hubby had made a great job of clearing the front room up, and finished the tree, so it looks all lovely and tidy. Joy!

No loss today, but at least I haven't gained. Day 4 of P1 over and done with, and feeling quite happy, unlike other diets I've been on, when by now I'm a dribbling food obsessed maniac.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:25 PM   #18  
Who needs sleep?

Oberon - your comments about the old ladies and their wool made me think of that Monty Python sketch about the ****'s Grannies, and their addiction to crochet. I love to knit, but yarn shops in my neck of the woods are not too numerous, and they carry primarily expensive designer sorts of yarns - out of my budget! I mean, I love alpaca wool to death, but I can't afford to buy 20-30 bitty little balls of yarn at $5-6 each for a sweater that my cat will shred or my child will throw up on (assuming I ever even have time to finish it!).
Closed Thread