South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 04:02 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Sunny Monday?

Let's hope! After nearly two weeks of rain, I think most of us are ready for a sunny day!

I'm doing grocery shopping, weights (and a little cardio), run to Sam's Club, run to Old Navy to try on jeans (wish me luck ), and hopefully, a run to Lowe's to check out flooring. I need to pick an laminate floor or two by next week or so. Yikes!

Hope everyone has a great Monday! In Ruth's great tradition, sit a spell and drink a cuppa tea with me before the day starts!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:18 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Laurie, I NEED that cuppa, 'cause Baby, it's COLD outside! 46*F. this morning!

Had an interesting weekend. Saturday we went to the Highland Games at Stone Mountain Park. Lots of men in kilts. Also hit a sale at Coldwater Creek and bought a black suede jacket and a red ribknit mockturtle.

Yesterday, though, I felt really lousy. Must have been all the standing around I did on Saturday. Still don't feel wonderful. All muscle achy in the lower back.

So, I'm off to stand in the shower for a few minutes. I'll check back in before I head out.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:49 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Laurie Darling, at 4:02 are you getting up or going to bed? It sounds like a busy but fun day ahead. Those laminate floors are great! I wish I'd gone with that in my back room.

Mama, I hope the hot water helps those lower back muscles. The black suede jacket sounds lovely. I looked at one last week but it was too tight in the boobs!

No sun is happening around here until maybe Wednesday - and they lie!

This morning I need to tiddle up and go to a school in Westport to present Fair ribbons and prizes to the kidlets. After that I go to pick up our grave markers and then go to visit Harry. I don't think I'll show him the grave markers! I may take Lucy with me for the morning as she seems to be feeling neglected and is extra cuddly.

We'll be home by lunch time (veggie soup, Laurie!) and I may get to some floor scrubbing this afternoon. It's a sort of futile task when I'm dealing with muddy paws but Gail is coming for tea tomorrow afternoon and would be shocked at the state of "her" floors.

Have a great Monday!
Old 10-17-2005, 08:45 AM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

The sun is shining,YIPEEEEEEEEE!!! Now I can walk along the beach.I really missed that activity[power walking]always had to rely on my stationary bike.

Other than walking I'm going to have my friends over a for Canaster this afternoon. What will I serve?????????I was thinking along the line of fruit & nuts.

Beachgal-You and me both are happy to see the sun out again,but where we are is bitter cold BRRRRRRRRR!!.Have to put my short & capri sets away as I don't think I'll be using them again this year.Crossing my finger for you at Old Navy.

Mamamcita-I LOVE clothes shopping,as old as I am.When there a sale you find me at my local stores.Hope your sore body heals quickly.

Ruth-Your always on the go, do you ever rest,or do something for you.You're like another lady that I post to. Have a fun day.

Hugs BB
Old 10-17-2005, 08:46 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Morning, Chicks! The country side is getting so beautiful. I swear the leaves turned a little bit over the weekend. Seems like everything was so much more colorful on the drive back than the drive there. Can they change that fast?

Camping was fun but not OP so today it's 2 days of a strict P1 for me. I didn't eat tons of food but what I did eat was bad and for some reason I'm all swollen today....probably because I didn't drink enough all weekend and drank beers Friday night. I'll just be sure to drink tons of water today and tomorrow. I'm staying off the scale because I don't want to know if I'm up any weight at all. I'll just be good this week and weigh in on Monday.

My dog fell in love over the weekend. My friend found a new dog last month just roaming the woods and following her all the way on her 8 mile canoe trip, found out it was some country guy's dog who never fed or paid any attention to the poor thing, he was skin and bones.....so she took him home. He's this big fluffy wolfy looking thing who's the biggest baby ever. My dog and him hadn't met yet but when they did it was love at first bark ! She hates my friends other dog who she has known all her life. For some reason those two have never gotten along at all, but her and the new dog were jumping and playing all weekend. Of course she got a little snippy with both dogs if they came near me....jealous girl!!

Today I'm going to campus for a few hours to catch up on a few things and I teach one class but then it's off to the store and back home to catch up on things around here. I'm so glad it's cooling off now. I'm ready for some fall weather now. Have a great day, everyone!!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:43 AM   #6  
Kyemom

Hey there...there are 2 Monday threads..Just thought maybe someone could combine them!
Old 10-17-2005, 10:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Gals,
Well, after a LOOOnnnngggg break, I'm back. I've started back on P1...I weighed in this morning and had added back about 7 lbs!
I've had some problems with fatigue. I had just attributed it to working the 2nd shift at the hospital, but when I went in to donate blood a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't because my iron was too low...soooo there you go, low iron usually equals low energy levels. I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. So this morning I headed down to the gym to weigh in, I wasn't surprised or upset with the gain, I really expected it, I haven't even been trying to eat healthy.
With football season in full swing my life is super busy!! My twins are in the band, Zac is on the Drum Line, and Alyssa is on the Dance Line. My 16 yo dtr, Linley, is a varsity cheerleader. so our fridays are fun filled.
I'm gonna get out in a little while and work on my flower beds again...it has been soooo warm in the daytime here. when I got out a little while ago it was about 39 deg, but it's supposed to get up to 80 today. I've gotta go find some pretty mums to add to my pansies and my asters. I wish I had a photo of my aster bush, it's huge and covered with the prettiest pale purple flowers!

Well, I'm gonna get off of here for now, I've got a lot to do today!
Old 10-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #8  

I'm still waiting for the Fall weather. Actually though it is getting into the 60's at night so it is a little nippy but it is supposed to be 92 today! I haven't even planned my meals for our campout since I don't know whether I'll want soup of sandwiches! Right now they are predicting upper 80's.

Yesterday we went to the annual Polka fest. I got lots of compliments on how well I looked. I brought my ham, zucchini, asparagus, penne pasta casserole and everyone liked that even though I bet most had not had ww pasta before. The host family's daughter was glad to see Brian since they were the only kids (and are the same age).
Old 10-17-2005, 10:53 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

Good Morning all!!!
Laurie - your post made me roll my eyes...Old Navy - I spent all day yesterday setting up a new Old Navy store in Allen Park yesterday. I wasn't too excited to see that in the first post! =) Good luck with the jeans - the ones with the stretch are my fav....but remember, ON jeans run smaller than most brands - don't know why, but they do. Don't get upset if you're a size bigger than normal. Check out the clearance, in my store there is a pair of jeans on clearance for 12.99 with cute little rhinestone on the back pockets - very fun!!
Mamcamita - the suede jacket sounds sooo cute! I have a tan one from a few years ago (it's a little tight this year, but I will fit it again!) I just purchased a fun little wrap from Dot's ....it fleece & a winter white & it was only $16!!!
Ruth - Have fun visiting Harry. Veggie soup sounds so good - it's cold here!!
BB - Have fun with the friends!!
Phins - I hope you are feeling better soon!! Those 7lbs will come off again!
Barb - Hello! Don't you just love compliments!!?? You've earned them - enjoy them!!
Well I'm off to exercise & get ready for work - ugh!
Have a great day!!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:23 AM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Life spun out of control!

I'm at work....again, life is definitely out of control. I'm working lots of overtime....maybe I should have taken the manager postition, I would have been at work less. Anyway, I've been out of control with everything. I'm committing to spend some time on ME! Exercise water healthy food!!!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 11:28 AM   #11  

Good Mornin Chickies,
I've missed you chicks, I haven't been able to post lately, my DH's mom has been having some health struggles and the last week has been filled with family and doctor phone calls and visits to check on her. It's gonna be a long term problem so we are settling in with that news. DH was off on Fri and DS was off Thurs and Fri I watched lots of sporting events both live and TV. I enjoyed the time with them and I need to catch up on housework but I wanted to take a minute to say hi.
Amazingly w/ all thats been going on I've managed to stay OP. I also was able to start Curves and it feels great to be exercising again. Phase II is working, I've lost 3lbs. I've been checking out the "Maintainers" forum and I'll probably start posting some there; but I hope I can continue to visit the beach. You guys are always full of encouragment, suggestions, and great recipes. I'm gonna take a break and check out your recent posts, I'll check in later, have a great day on the beach!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:29 PM   #12  

Default Definatly sunny here !

Its a beautiful day in TN. . went for a long brisk walk today instead of the club to use all thoes treadmills etc. Was a nice break! Was a nice workout. Nice to start a day looking at the brighter side and not the things that are wrong in our lives. Thats one thing I have changed besides my eating is my attuted.. ) if i make a bad choise, I always try to make two positives in its place... eat the wrong thing, just walk an extra mile...

Love yourself more than you love food. Be your best friend !

Old 10-17-2005, 02:01 PM   #13  
Kyemom

Awesome way to look at life!!
Old 10-17-2005, 04:04 PM   #14  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

PHinsUP, I had low iron and helped it by taking a Centrum every day. It makes me feel much more rested! I totally sympathize, I NEVER feel rested ever unless I vitamin myself. Today I slept until 6:40 and I usually leave at 5 til 7!!!

Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone a happy Monday! I am excited and blessed because my friend had a baby girl on Wednesday and we are going to visit her tonight. Her name is Virginia (Ginny) Elizabeth, I just think that is so cute.

Tried to rack up my calories for the day and it didn't seem like I was eating enough today...that is not usually my problem!! Will need to eat lots of veggies with dinner and a yogurt snack as well. See, I am trying to eating calcium, Ruth. A glass of skim milk wouldn't hurt either I'm sure!

I have loved trying out all of these new recipes. We had LindaT's cardamom chicken that she talked about over in journals all the time for dinner on Saturday. It was heavenly. I will have the post the recipe over on the entree board.

I do have a question. Is honey OK on phase 2? I thought it wasn't but in one of the cookbooks it said honey and molasses were OK once you were in 2.

Jessie
Old 10-17-2005, 04:52 PM   #15  

Default Hello Chicks

Well, I'm back. Now, it is for the 3rd time. It is not like me to be so flaky, but I feel I have had a few legitimate excuses (see "starting phase 1 post). I am really surprised to have discovered how important "routine" is in my life & how getting off track seriously impacts my diet. When I was doing well & losing on Phase 1 - I really feel that it was b/c of my stable routine.

Ah well. Back on track. It is a good thing for me.

Glad to see that so many of you are enjoying sunny days - sounds like it has been a while!

Take care - Roxy55
Closed Thread