South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 07:13 PM   #16  

Yes, one slice of bread is a serving. The GFGC book shows a serving as 1 ounce. My loaf has 24 slices and is 24 ounces. The cookbook also mentions one slice as a serving.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:26 AM   #17  

Thanks! I thought thats how it worked
Old 08-05-2005, 08:03 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

That's GREAT!!!!! Congrats! I know it feels good!!
Old 08-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #19  

Thanks! How are you doing sunkissed?
Old 08-05-2005, 03:31 PM   #20  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hi Kimberly just thought I would share with you what my chiropractor friend told me today.

She is a nutritionalist also and does nutrition planning and guidance along with her chiropractor practice. She is a very much body heal it's self if it can kind of person. She understands that sometimes its just can't do it on it's own and needs medical (presciption) help.

What got us started was I got my blood work results back from last Friday and was excited to see that my triglycerides where way back down below the normal range again. However I was really upset because my cholesterol isn't good. My overal chol. is still in the high good range at 188 but my good and bad have change. My bad went from 75 to 117 and my good went from 56 to 31. I was complaining to her about why am I even trying to do this and eat right when all it does is screw something else up.

Well of course she started with the proverbial kick in the butt or slap up side the head (you know which ever works ). And told me that I was doing a great job and that I needed to change my attitude. That we don't gain weight overnight so we certainly aren't going to lose it overnight. OK so I know we all know this but sometimes we need to hear it.

What she told me about chol. was interesting though. She said the best way to get your chol. in good shape is whole grains and exercise. Well I have the exercise part going but I know I haven't been eating much of any whole grains. So I am going to do P1 again starting Monday (been stress eating the last week and having cravings again) and then I am going to try adding whole grains into my night time meal along with my afternoon fruit (usually strawberries right now) snack.

The other thing she told me again (she told me this once about my hubby but I had forgotten it) is that if you are taking any medication of any kind that you need to be eating lots of fiber (over 20g a day) to cleanse your liver. If your liver isn't working correctly then it will ultimatley effect your chol. levels. She said that part of your vegetables really need to be beets and carrots. She said the best way to help your liver cleanse it's self is to eat beets a couple of time a week. I told her that I had tried to eat beets with my hubby a couple of times but that they set off cravings so bad that I have been staying away from them and that SBD says to stay away from them.

She agreed that they have a high sugar content and are a fast carb. She told me to try it again but make sure I eat a high fiber slow carb with them. As the slow carb will slow down the fast carb part of the beets. I am going to try that also after this next week and see if it works for me or not. I am going to do black beans with my beets as they are a very high fiber slow carb.

So I guess it all depends on everyone's (medical people) opion of what works and what doesn't. Right now everything she has suggestion that I try to do has worked so I am going to try what she has suggested to me again this time and see what it does.

Just thought you might find this interesting.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #21  

I do find that interesting. Thanks for letting me know that. I went to the DR last week and had some blood work and will have some again the last of this month to check everything. I have also been on and off Metformin (for my PCOS) and am currently about to go back on it most likey. That was very interesting and even though I am scared to ad back grains I guess I will have to try to and just do trial and error and see what works. Maybe I will do a week of fruit and then a week of adding back grains every other day and then maybe the next week try everyday or something of that sort. Thanks again for sharing that info with me!
Old 08-06-2005, 01:03 PM   #22  
beachbum

Sorry I missed your post,I don't really get on the board,except for the dailys. Big Congrats Kimberly on your 2-lb. weight loss. Maybe thats what I'm doing wrong adding to many carbs back.Thanks for posting & bringing that up. I'm going to try adding the carbs back 1 week at a time. Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 08-06-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:48 PM   #23  

Thanks! I lost another lb and am finally seeing the 240's instead of the 260's!
Closed Thread