South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 09:22 PM   #1  

Default I would have to give myself a C-

We went out to eat tonight with another couple. We went to TGIFridays. I meant to be good. I ordered water and didn't drink coke.(Big improvement for me and this caused no pain. ) However, DH ordered an appetizer. It had battered sesame chicken on it. I ate one slowly and no more, but it was still a no-no. The meal I ordered came with mashed potatoes and I opted for a salad with ranch dressing instead. I got Chicken and shrimp. (Which would have been good, but the shrimp had all kinds of cheese melted around and on it. And, you know it wasn't low fat!) I did eat a few bites of the cheese. I was eyeballing the "Atkins-friendly" cheesecake on the menu too. But, I had thought ahead and put two SF wintergreen lifesavers in my pocket. I didn't pass with flying colors, but I didn't flunk horribly either. I think that I can start again tomorrow right on track and be okay. I had the best time.

The other lady we were with got a piece of gum out of the machine on the way out and I even turned that down!!
Old 08-06-2005, 10:52 PM   #2  

I think you did way better than a C-! I mean, the one battered chicken piece - but other than that you did great.

I survived a dining out situation this weekend, too. We went to Ruby's Diner, a place w/ great burgers, fries, onion rings, shakes, malts - you get the idea. I got a Cobb salad and Diet Coke.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:32 PM   #3  

I second this!
Old 08-07-2005, 05:34 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, if we were all A Plusses we wouldn't be here! You did OK under the circumstances. Now back on track!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:30 AM   #5  

Not bad, Dana. It can be tough eating out. One thing I like to do is know where I am going ahead of time and read their menu off their web site. For instance, we ate with friends at Cracker Barrel for lunch yesterday. By reading up ahead of time, I knew that I wanted to get the grilled fish and had already had time to think about some of the vegetables. I just had to find out what the veggie of the day was and decide if it sounded better than the one I had preselected.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:12 AM   #6  

Thanks Girls! I'm glad to know that I didn't do too bad. Yes! Back on track today.

Barbara, I love to look up on the websites and think it out. But, they didn't tell me until right before we left.
Closed Thread