South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 10:10 AM   #16  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Sorry I've been so busy lately. I was indoctrinated into my fathers club on Thursday evening. I did have some wino's but otherwise stayed OP. I did meet a nice handsome man who is 45 (those of you who are newer chicks - I have a really bad problem with meeting younger men. ) and tall dark and handsome and owns his own business. He gave me a ride home and said he would call but hasn't called yet. However, this is the weekend of the mens golf tournament at the club and he is one of the best golfers there so I really didn't expect to hear from him this weekend. This is a super expensive weekend where the guys play golf, high stakes cards and bet on every golf hole. It's so expensive that my DF doesn't even play in it anymore. He hates to part with his pennies. Tall dark and handsome was a perfect gentleman so I'm hoping to hear from him again.

I'm down another 2 pounds so I'm slowly creeping back to onederland. I didn't have time to exercise this past week so I'm hoping to kick everything into high gear this week.

I've been reading through the posts about different pre-packaged foods diet or otherwise and I just wanted to chime in that the fresher and more natural you can go - the better. I don't lose when I eat pre-packaged stuff. I pretty much live on what we call phase 1.5 around here. That means (at least to me) that I pretty much eat phase I food with an occasional "other" item. For instance I'm a chocolate freak. I would eat phase I food every day as long as I can have something chocolate. I have a Atkins chocolate coconut bar with my coffee a couple days a week as my morning snack. Could I make better choices? Yes! But we learn to give and take in order to make things livable. I read the book "French Women Don't Get Fat" and that taught me a lot about moderation. That little chocolate bar keeps me sane (no comments Bami ) and I usually stay OP all day. On the days that I don't have the chocolate bar I usually have some of those high fiber crackers with chicken salad, but that is as far as I stray from phase I. Now if I can just exercise everyday! I would be all set! I think everyone here is doing great - just don't get discouraged! I lost 42 pounds from September to February and I have been playing with the same 10 pounds since March. I'm ready to get serious again and lose another 42!!!

I'm puppy sitting that naughty bulldog puppy this weekend. My X has to work all weekend so we are on the puppy watch. DM & DF are up on Drummond Island golfing this weekend.

I'm beginning the summer tradition of making - Homemade Bloody Mary mix from Garden tomatoes! Batch one starts today. I have a great recipe but I'm always open to suggestions so give me any hints you can think of!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:17 AM   #17  
gotta lose it!

Good Morning Anchor...I'll be over for a Bloody Mary soon....I'll have some celery in mine please! Good luck with the golfer!!!
Ruth : Thanks for the words of encouragement!! White maggots = pasta....have to remember that!!
Barb: Have fun with your visit!!
I'm off to read some more posts & get ready to go over to my friends' house...have a great OP day!!
Closed Thread